Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
I love how in Dwarf Fortress what seems to be a blessing turns out to be something worse that will frack you over later. In this case the fact that the legendary creature was wounded by the giant bat!

I find the lack of 5 year planning disturbing in a fortress that presumes to be Kommunist.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
None of the 5 year plans in USSR had reached their goals. Beside this empirical result one should also keep in mind a following onthological consideration. There are two kinds of managerial progress: the methodical preparation and realization which gradually extend the boundaries of the project, and the revolutionary leap of genius which redefines and transcends its boundaries. Acknowledging our debt to the former, we yearn, nonetheless, for the latter.
Hail discordia!

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The planned fortress look like something that would take a 5-year plan to finish. But it's sure that if the priorities continue to change every season, one 5-year plan won't be enough

Reinhardt

Arcane
I though the moment dorfs tilted their heads up to see a megabat was a great ending
N6mT5dv.png

hostergaard

Educated
Oohhh, giant bats! Lets catch some and tame them and breed them for war. I want all the the giant animals. Its one of the reasons I actually kinda like trading with elves, they bring animals from the biome they inhabit and if its a savage biome they bring giant varities of animals. I just have a weird love of having a menageri of giant animals. Especially capturing and taming dragons and breeding them. Animals aren't all that effective in combat against armored opponent, will do fine against non-armored depending on the animal, but I just like em. If we set up animal handles he could be a new elected position, deciding which animals to tame and whatnot.

Also, I kinda forgot most I wanted to write before, but suffice to know, the version being played have a certain issue with most fortresses suffering a slow decent into unhappiness and doom. Earlier versions most dwarfs where pretty ADHD with short memories. They would forget soon enough that their mom died and ohhh shiny sock and then they where happy. You would see tantrum spirals where a dwarf killed another dwarf or something and the unhappiness cascading into more dwarfs throwing tantrums making more dwarfs unhappy, but mostly it could be avoided. In this verision dwarfs remember stuff, and it seems that the balance of happy vs unhappy sadly is towards unhappy. Its very difficult to keep a fort happy long term, and some dwarfs just don't stay happy no matter what you do, and is destinied to die of depression (and some are superdwarfs who will stay happy).

Andnjord

Arcane
Also, I kinda forgot most I wanted to write before, but suffice to know, the version being played have a certain issue with most fortresses suffering a slow decent into unhappiness and doom. Earlier versions most dwarfs where pretty ADHD with short memories. They would forget soon enough that their mom died and ohhh shiny sock and then they where happy. You would see tantrum spirals where a dwarf killed another dwarf or something and the unhappiness cascading into more dwarfs throwing tantrums making more dwarfs unhappy, but mostly it could be avoided. In this verision dwarfs remember stuff, and it seems that the balance of happy vs unhappy sadly is towards unhappy. Its very difficult to keep a fort happy long term, and some dwarfs just don't stay happy no matter what you do, and is destinied to die of depression (and some are superdwarfs who will stay happy).
You're saying that like it's a bad thing....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom