Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

Cael

Arcane
Nice all the elves have given me so far is a breeding pair of Giant Kestrels, which at least help my hunters to clear the skies. The Rutherers look nice, I'm hoping to get some beefy breedable animals so I can try out some mega necrobacon with my captured necromancers, who has been stuck in cages since the first year... I've kinda been ignoring the caverns though, I embarked in a savage tropical biome hoping for some Giant Rhinoceros but so far no dice, all I get is swarms of buzzards...
Don't be racist. Shitting Buzzard is a great and honoured name in certain cultures, along with Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse.

Cael

Arcane
Sorry, guys. Cross-posting from my DF thread as I am very puzzled by this and looking for help:

OK. This is weird. I have not had a dwarf caravan from my home civ for two years now, nor any migrants.

Pop is about 140
Civ still around, with about 10 cities.
Civ has a king, even.

Caravans from 1 other dwarf civ, 5 human civs and 4 elf civs are arriving as per normal.

Any ideas, guys?

EDIT: Just tried the force migrant command on a whim. Result was "No migrants this season". WTH?

Radech

Augur
Sorry, guys. Cross-posting from my DF thread as I am very puzzled by this and looking for help:

OK. This is weird. I have not had a dwarf caravan from my home civ for two years now, nor any migrants.

Pop is about 140
Civ has a king, even.

Caravans from 1 other dwarf civ, 5 human civs and 4 elf civs are arriving as per normal.

Any ideas, guys?

EDIT: Just tried the force migrant command on a whim. Result was "No migrants this season". WTH?

Is your kingdom dying or dead? My best miner just turned into a queen, had no caravan and just got my 2nd migrant wave, turns out I'm the only non gobbo site left in the world so I think it's time to hunker dahn!

Edit: turns out I can't read - try poking around in legends browser, see if your king is captured by goblins or something weird? maybe you somehow lost access - do you have any holdings that are economically linked(I haven't poked around a lot in world mode as my games tend to brick occasionally when the troops return)

Cael

Arcane

Pop is about 140
Civ has a king, even.

Any ideas, guys?

Is your kingdom dying or dead? My best miner just turned into a queen, had no caravan and just got my 2nd migrant wave, turns out I'm the only non gobbo site left in the world so I think it's time to hunker dahn!

Edit: turns out I can't read - try poking around in legends browser, see if your king is captured by goblins or something weird? maybe you somehow lost access - do you have any holdings that are economically linked(I haven't poked around a lot in world mode as my games tend to brick occasionally when the troops return)
The King is still there.

There is a goblin town that is economically linked to me. Don't know why...! I have never invaded it or done anything to it. In fact, I don't even have a military, just a TON of strategically placed cage traps, and a heavily trapped tunnel linking my side entrance to the outside world that the gobbo invasions run through.

My depot has a clear path out.

The caravans and migrants just stopped coming after the first year or so.

Radech

Augur
Yeah had a gobbo town linked as well at some point, thinks it just makes raids more likely.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
ccuaZQP.png
All right, everybody?
ccuaZQP.png
Do you want want to see another episode of this epic struggle for prosperity till the last dwarf?
ccuaZQP.png
Do you want to have your expectations subverted and your mind, and probably something else, blown?
ccuaZQP.png
Do you want to feel like you have a heart again?
ccuaZQP.png
Then I'm ready to accept your donation to the fundraiser dedicated to returning this thing to its former glory!
ccuaZQP.png
Send an ingot or a check to the mailbox KKK-GR8B81488 and live happily ever after!

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
IF you can track down Grimwulf and force him to continue this, I'll gladly throw money at whatever shady thing you point me towards

vazha

Arcane
Grimmie first, transaction later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom