Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
IMO if you lack colonists to recruit fellow Codexers(It might take a loooong while, especially with stubborn prisoners), you should enable the console and basicly cheat a few in with "wanderer event" or "chase event"(so it won't feel that cheap)

Technical spoiler!

Subborn prisoners is mostly the tribesmen's case - it's nearly impossible to convince them into joining the colony. Pirates are much more reasonable in that regard. I wish we had somebody with high Social skill, though. Servant has 5, and that's our best man for handling prisoners.

Anyway, Randy Random can be a generous man. He might generate wanderer events at crazy frequencies. Or never generate them again. You never know.

Honestly, I was thinking about slave trading as of main method to increase population. Sure, might take some time before slave traders arrive. But tell me, EVEN if we'll have like 5 colonists joining right now - what are they going to eat? A few space deers left on the map. I have no idea how to survive through the Winter with our current numbers, tbh. Even trading for food will be tricky, since all silver from the shipwreck is lying right next to the centipedes, I can' snatch it. Besides, trading depends on how frequent will we get caravans visiting, and that's up to Randy again.

So, I'd rather not mess with console commands.

You owe me $30, Grim.

Umm, I guess. To each according to his needs.

:negative:

As for non-character input, tailoring should be the lowest priority. It both uses a significant amount of material, and the main tailoring bench requires power; you only work at 40% speed without.

I will listen to this voice in my head. He has a better point than Kalin and Azira.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A tru leader has to make manly decisions. Therefore, I told people to endure the cold a little longer. We have no manpower to spare for tailoring warm clothes. Besides, it would be easier once we get the power online.

I don't like it myself, but what can you do.

hUtjtAb.jpg

Servant said that he doesn't care, coz he's perfectly fine wearing Conscript suit. Although he was complaining that it "feels funny lately".

CFAi7ed.jpg

The guy might be crazy, but at least he appreciates this place. And that's all that matters.

NI7se67.jpg

4th of Fall, 5500

lW0ir7U.png
Wake up, you lazy bastard!

xmL7DMV.png
Are you fucking kiddin' me...

lW0ir7U.png
Servant has something important to say.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Figured out a good spot to place the solar generator. You can see how far the mountain shadows stretch during sunrise.

6OC92T5.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
So if I set the generator roughly on the edge of the shadow, it will be fully effective during the entire day. And since it's unwise to build anything near that generator, we might as well assemble a wind turbine right next to it.

Jj6kopd.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Won't it cast a shadow of its own?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
If you place it on that distance, it's ok.

xmL7DMV.png
Why. The fuck. Did you wake me up?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
See, it's a good spot for a wind turbine. But there is a lot of garbage around that needs to be dealt with. Namely trees and mountain edges.

DHOZLvs.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
More digging?

lW0ir7U.png
To live by one's own labour, Kalin. That's how this colony works.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
There's more. Once I'm done with generator and turbine, I'll need to connect them to batteries via power cables. Those batteries cannot be kept outdoors, so here is my suggestion.

TgvvswQ.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
We dig a cave.

MqTuRP1.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Aye, Kalin can do it.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Right after I finish connecting batteries, we throw power cables all the way to the chokepoint...

C6JeXnk.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
... and the base.

r1uQqvV.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
That's a lot of work. Why are the two of you still here?

VBlmTxC.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Right. I'll get to work.

xmL7DMV.png
Before you go, buddy. There is something on your shoulder.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Uh? Where?

xmL7DMV.png
Right there. *takes off the jacket from Servant*

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Where?

xmL7DMV.png
Nevermind. You go, I'll catch up in a moment.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Whatever.

lp7Gjlp.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Really, Kalin? Stealing the poor guy's jacket like that?

QSBUm17.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
He's a frickin nudist perv and will be more productive if his "needs" are met! Also, I'm the close combat space cop.

lW0ir7U.png
Fair point. But right now dat venison demands my attention. And you have furniture to haul, trees to chop, granite to dig. Get to it, you lazy arse.

xmL7DMV.png
Such a pleasure talking to you, Grimwulf. Like hugging a moving train.

i3sUw0G.jpg

A bit later.

lW0ir7U.png
Pum-pum-purum. *mumbles a weird tune*

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Grimwulf.

CAxRYHS.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Comrade! How's that generator doin'?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
It's ok. Came here to look for some components. But also wanted to discuss Kalin.

lW0ir7U.png
What about him?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
He drags us all down. Eats and complains a lot. Works - not so much.

lW0ir7U.png
You gotta appreciate the pigtails, though.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Well... yeah, can't argue with that.

zsQtOz4.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
*psshhht* Men, something's not right with the local sun.

8JUVJDJ.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Probably a solar flare.

g5E4Yi4.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Does it happen often?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Do I look like a space scientist? It just happens. I've seen stranger things on this planet. Anyway, gotta go. Those components ain't gonna salvage themselves.

1cmOjZC.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Kalin, you should really move those legs faster. We don't have all day.

xmL7DMV.png
Careful with that fire, Grimwulf. It might engulf the entire house. Would be even more unfortunate if someone locks the door from outside.

tP203dv.jpg

Did what I could with dat meat, but the fire can only last so long.

Ua0Osm3.jpg

No point on starting another one just yet. Last bits of raw venison are not worth the trouble.

pIEWkUh.jpg

10 chunks of venison make one meal of shashlik. Each of us needs at least two meals a day. One, if we don't mind a rough diet. Which I do.

Oh, well. Time to go hunting again.

CEDDJ4G.jpg
*Sings to himself* My name Vlad and I have joke

5VqBCvd.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Men walk into bar and spoke

0QJI8au.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
My brother's dead, my son is ill

pMDkDnu.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Joke is over, back to field.

RrN5ymk.jpg

We have a SITUATION here! The herd has moved to the west. Now they hang around centipedes.

I tried to get close enough to shoot an elk, but one of those damned mechoes noticed me. Managed to escape, but I can't hunt like this.

DBoBeau.jpg

Holy shit. What do we do now?

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pshhh* This is Azira with good news. Grimwulf, come in.

lW0ir7U.png
Tell me you found a bottle of something unsavory.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Even if I did, no way I'm sharing with any of you. My research is complete, though.

mXkascR.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Perfect. Assemble the work table and necessary tools somewhere near the tunnel.

noObzrc.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Plenty of granite chunks lying around. I will tell Kalin to drag some more if needed.

xQIxJjm.jpg

An hour later.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Umm. Grimwulf?

lW0ir7U.png
*chewing* Yeah?

2VIBA7Y.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Our food situation is fine, right?

lW0ir7U.png
OF COURSE! I was kinda busy today, you know. Couldn't really hunt and cook.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You'll do it tomorrow then?

lW0ir7U.png
Umm, ehh, maybe. That slow-ass Kalin hampers the building process, so I might be needed again.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I can help too, you know. My research is finished.

lW0ir7U.png
No need to worry. Our food stores will last us a few days.

We've accomplished most of the tasks planned for today. Most of them.

The hut is fixed; the storage stands; our stuff is relocated.

iR4okx5.jpg

The power station is almost ready. Nothing shadows the solar generator or blocks the wind turbine.

WVZjna8.jpg

Still have to assemble the batteries. Couldn't do it today, all thanks to Kalin.

Tomorrow we start cutting stones.

2IWnkP2.jpg

Nothing left in our old hideout, apart from a few rotting chunks of meat.

5NR7WYW.jpg

Not enough space in our new home for all of us. So Azira was left behind for now.

UpgSHXu.jpg

Still a fuckton of work to do.

HkyGiEC.jpg

No idea how to deal with food situation. If the herd doesn't wander away from mechos sometime soon, I won't be able to hunt. Sure, I can forget about them entirely, focus on small game instead. Hares, squirrels or whatever else lives in these parts. Waste of my time mostly, since the meat yied is worthless. I can also forage some berries, but it's even more pathetic than small game.

Maybe I should send Servant to take care of the centipedes..?

Gatxd3J.jpg

Naaah. Crazy.

Well, I can always balance things out. More meat, less mouths. Useless members of our Kolony should hit the pot first. I guess Kalin, then Servant, then Azira. Or maybe we make an anonymous voting? No, this way I'll be the first to go. Damn.

Anyway, still have a few days before the food runs out.

xmL7DMV.png
Grimwulf, goddamit! Stop scribbling in your journal. What kind of pen makes such a loud noise anyway?

lW0ir7U.png
You'd better have a good sleep there, Kalin. Tomorrow you'll be hauling granite chunks and cutting stone blocks all day long! Exciting.

xmL7DMV.png
You're doing a fantastic job at keeping the spirits high.

49uf9a2.jpg

K2O3cEB.jpg

OYZusW3.jpg

4cwjRx7.jpg

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can you risk sending someone to distract the centipedes and have someone else do the hunting?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can you risk sending someone to distract the centipedes and have someone else do the hunting?

Minigun and inferno cannon both have insane range. While centipedes usually ignore everything unles it comes very close or starts shooting. If you want to distract centipedes, you have to either come close (unlikely to escape unharmed), or attack them with sniper rifles or smth. Azira's survival rifle doesn't outrange their weapons.

Long story short, that's quite risky.

How the fuck did I become joyful? Was it because of finishing the research?

You have a habbit of going "fuck everything" and just hanging outside, watching clouds, doing nothing. Also, a short chat with your comrades lightens up the mood for everybody, except Grimwulf. I am a psychopath.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hey men, if food be runnin low, let Dayya lure the mecha beasts down south so we can pillage the center, got some bodies in that building too, maybe we could butcher those for meat! Now I'm not picking on the new guy or nuthin, but we all nearly got killed by them before, it's like a rite of passage in the community. He'll be fine, I can feel it!

boot

Prophet
I agree with Kalin, newcomers must be born again in the fires of war. If Servant dies distracting centipedes you can eat him. Let him finish the generators first, though. You can name them after him post-mortem.

also, is it possible to sneak into the room the centipedes were guarding by digging a tunnel into the back? maybe you could bait and seal them inside the room, or tunnel.

Anyway the centipedes must be dealt with.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there some way to snatch the loot from cryochamber building?

The wall is our top priority. Build the wall. High to heavens and deep to hell.

ihavenoideawhatimdoingthread_06af9676f192d84f17cf5a5816dc7523.jpg

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Build the wall, make the Kolony great again!
:mrpresident:
Wait, what wall are we even talking about?

As an alternative, send Kalin to deal with the centipedes. Either by distracting them or doing what he does best: digging a tunnel, then distracting them from the inside. If he succeeds, we have access to food. If not, we have access to food. It's a win-win. Mmmm shashkalinik...

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Would love to mate but I'm far too valuable to risk. With my superior skill at melee fightan I can easily do Rambo-style hunting and kill our own people for food subdue unruly colonists. Literally the pillar of the community!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
lW0ir7U.png
OF COURSE!!

xmL7DMV.png
Godfukindammit, Grimwulf! It's the middle of the fucking night!

0ZOFeb9.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I've found a solution, Kalin. I know exactly what to do.

W9BV91H.jpg

5th of Fall, 5500

lW0ir7U.png
Awright! *huff huff* In an' out. They won't even notice.

hJ28qAd.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Eeeasyyy... Don't mind me, mr. mecho...

RP4SCur.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
There you go. Goodbye! AW SHI

aEqWkqv.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
fuck fuck FUUUU :rage:

Ak3EMok.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
*pshhhh* MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

SpFYEix.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
Grimwulf? *yawns* What time is it?

lW0ir7U.png
Time to save my ass again! Meet me at the base pronto! Bring all the dirty socks you have. Over and out.

w55Zb9F.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Hurr. The pain.

LEqIuDq.jpg
What. The fuck.

qUQYSS7.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
You took your sweet time, doctor.

xmL7DMV.png
Were you trying to anal rape a centipede or something?

lW0ir7U.png
Just found a quick, albeit temporary solution to our food shortage.

xmL7DMV.png
Hey men, if food be runnin low, let Servant lure the mecha beasts down south so we can pillage the center. Now I'm not picking on the new guy or nuthin, but we all nearly got killed by them before, it's like a rite of passage in the community. He'll be fine, I can feel it!

CEDDJ4G.jpg
I am ready to die for the Motherland.

lW0ir7U.png
Be sure you finish the generators first, though. We can name them after you post-m--- err, postman. Yes, we really need a postman here.

Later that morning.

lW0ir7U.png
I swear, those socks must have some voodoo magic in them. I'm fully recovered. How is it even possible?

DNYy7hd.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
*pssshhhh* Suicide Bomber to Red Base. Suicide Bomber to Red Base. Do you copy? Over.

lW0ir7U.png
Loud and clear, Suicide Bomber. What's your situation?

CEDDJ4G.jpg
I'm on position. The mechos are inside the building. I repeat, the Germans are inside the building!

MbUn6XB.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Huh? Both of them? That's our chance to seal them forever!

CEDDJ4G.jpg
I need to clear the gap first. If I am fast enough, they won't even--- GGAAAAAAHHH

lW0ir7U.png
Servant? Servant, come in.

AhzFD91.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
FOR THE MOTHERLAAAAAANND!!!

j8CKoEw.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
HAHG *pshhh* RED BASE, IT'S HEADBUTTING ME! SEND BACKUP, SEND BACKUP!

lW0ir7U.png
Hold your position, comrade! Help is on its way. I've been shot and burned by these fuckers, and look at me! Healthy as ever. Surely you can survive a few headbutts.

JHNZtPb.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I mean... nobody ever died from a couple of headbutts. Right? Servant? Servant, respond.

xmL7DMV.png
*pshh* He died for the Motherland, Grimwulf. Just like he wanted.

lW0ir7U.png
Yes, but... It's sad we are unlikely to retreive his body.

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pshh* For the burial, you mean?

lW0ir7U.png
Uh? Yeeeaaah. For the burial. Oh, well. At least he finished the power station.

xmL7DMV.png
About that. There is a thrilling surprise waiting for you in the battery room.

lW0ir7U.png
Oh for fucks sake.

ZYDcefN.jpg

Later that evening.

lW0ir7U.png
A little help here, Kalin?

lVP1Sba.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
With what? You have more blocks than you need.

lW0ir7U.png
Am I supposed to build that wall by myself?

xmL7DMV.png
Building is one thing I cannot do, Grimwulf. And don't care to learn. In fact, fuck you - I need a break.

lW0ir7U.png
I miss Servant already. He knew how communism works. And he was a mighty fine engineer.

aoagzRX.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Was he?

lW0ir7U.png
Goddamit. Hey! Azira!

UyCoJ8h.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
What?

lW0ir7U.png
Why don't you move your butt to the House of Pain? We have a vacant bed. Where have you been all day anyway?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Researching.

lW0ir7U.png
To hell with your research! I need help with that wall.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Need a couple more days. Trust me, it's worth it. Besides, we all know what happens to people helping you...

9HmxTE3.jpg

VQ7vVBp.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
what happened?

He was headbutted to death. There was a chance to seal dem centipedes inside, but we needed to move away marble blocks in the gap (remains of the wall that we destroyed on day 1). I thought it would end better, that he could get away with a bullet or two. I mean, I've done it so many times, right?

Nope. One centipede caught the poor guy and sorta "dragged" him inside the building. Really hard to explain. When melee combat starts, fighters sometimes switch positions. All in all, Day's colonist was just extremely unlucky.

But hey! At least he cleared the gap!

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Damn it, should've sticked with luring them away, not this fancy sealing them in shit! Now we can't get the juicy bodies or the loot outside.

Well, at least there's one less mouth to feed, should help the food situation a lot.

If you think about it, that's just what Servant would've wanted. He was a helpful guy like that. :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Great, so then we just need to wait until the 'pedes crawl inside, then quickly fabricate a door in the hole?

So... Who can build shit? :M

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
This is very much like a horror movie. Crash land on a planet, looks nice, explore a bit....... BAM!!! Giant, emotionless, mechanical centipedes with machine guns and inferno cannons come to life. Everyone barely escapes. Survival antics ensue, everyone dies one by one except for the girl Kalin.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Servant and Champ, together forever in Rimworld heaven.

:salute:

CEDDJ4G.jpg
Not again, I'm not dying in this chickenshit outf *BASH*

Suddenly, a light .... faster and faster, closing in, like a dream, just in a few moments it reaches you, all-encompassing, and in a second....

vgnodp.jpg

UNIT READY

CEDDJ4G.jpg

CEDDJ4G.jpg
The cycle of pain never ends. Ok, where we need the initial recon?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
lW0ir7U.png
Psst. Kalin. Hey. Kalin. KAAALIN!

xmL7DMV.png
WHAT?!

lW0ir7U.png
Wanna go watch the sunrise?

xmL7DMV.png
NO!!!

lW0ir7U.png
Suit yourself. I'll go alone then. Wait... something's not right.

0u12KvP.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I've just fixed the solar generator, dammit!

E8ju3NG.jpg

6th of Fall, 5500

LEqIuDq.jpg
*pshh* Kalin, come in.

xmL7DMV.png
Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Where are you? Stonecutting?

xmL7DMV.png
Nah, figured we have plenty of blocks for now. Collecting silver while the 'pedes aren't looking.

qSGAD3W.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
Hm. I wonder if they can see in the dark at all?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Better question is what do you need that silver for?

xmL7DMV.png
I deserved a bonus! Also, if the new guy was right, we might receive a trading caravan sooner or later. I can buy me some good things with all that silver.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Right. And here I was thinking you're doing it for the Community. Anyway, tried to contact Grimwulf, he doesn't respond. Any idea why?

xmL7DMV.png
He's been wandering around, mumbling inane shit all morning. Probably going nuts again.

Meanwhile at the base.

lW0ir7U.png
You ain't seen nuthin' yet, planet. Ain't seen Grimwulf.

f4tcE4e.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
I'll put an end to your liberul laws of nature. That's right. No capitalistic jew conspiracy can ever stop me. Liberty my ass.

8YoalWH.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Come at me, bruh. Come at me.

Others think I'm working hard on research, but in truth I'm mostly doing nothing.

Y2bqzwe.jpg

Dealing with stress is a hard task by itself, especially when your secret stash of alcohol is about to run out.

xmL7DMV.png
*psshh* Azira, I found the guy, he is sadly alive. *sigh* Looks like I'll have to work on the Wall myself.

4o8CGOM.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
You thought you could break me using mecho monsters and sinister eclipse? Think again.

xmL7DMV.png
Who the fuck are you talking to, Grimwulf? Actually, forget it. I don't want to know.

One guy is drinking his ass off, living a hermit's dream. Another guy turns my life into literal Hell. Me? I'm the only one who's actually doing something.

KyvtUUR.jpg

But Imma foookin' SPACE COP, not a builder or engineer! Figured I won't make any significant progress with that wall, even if I work the entire day on it. So I decided to setup a heater in the barracks instead.

JsH4PWc.jpg

I just hope it won't blow up one day.

xmL7DMV.png
Grimwulf. What the fuck. Are you doing?

lW0ir7U.png
What has to be done.

fwZb2hg.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Showing off my balls.

gEJoaZ6.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
For fucks sake.

lW0ir7U.png
DO YOU SEE NOW?! DO YOU SEE WHO YOU TRYIN' TO MESS WITH?!

xmL7DMV.png
Grimwulf, get a damn grip!

51DATVM.jpg

Hours later.

lW0ir7U.png
Hm. Are those my pants?

GNjhpax.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Must have dropped them. Hey, Kalin! Look at that - solar eclipse!

MS0Fj5c.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
*Grumbles* Your fucking brain is eclipsed.

lW0ir7U.png
By the way, why are you working on the wall? You're doing a pretty pathetic job, honestly.

xmL7DMV.png
You're right for once! Why the hell am I working on the wall? YOU work on that wall!

lW0ir7U.png
Hur hur, you're funny. Just relax, we have Servant to do the sweaty work for us. Where is he anyway? SERVANT, get your lazy butt over here!

xmL7DMV.png
If it wasn't a shitty day already, now I have to be the one who tells you the "news". Damn. Grimwulf, you braindead son of a bitch. Servant is dead. You are the only one who can build that wall.

Grimwulf's reaction

Later that night.

lW0ir7U.png
YOU THERE! STAHP! :shunthenonbeliever:

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh hi, Grim.

4P47Qwq.jpg

xmL7DMV.png
If it isn't Lord Hermit himself, visiting our hellhole.

lW0ir7U.png
Where have you been?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Working. Intellectually.

lW0ir7U.png
No such thing in true communistic community.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Look, I'm making progress. And we REALLY need this.

xmL7DMV.png
Need what?

LEqIuDq.jpg
To put it simple, means of communication.

jrfOJsP.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I might be able to assemble a comms console capable of contacting any other settlement of this dump, and maybe even the planet's orbit! So if any starship will be passing by, we can talk to the crew. Also, my research will open all kind of opportunities for us. Namely hi-tech research table that is...

lW0ir7U.png
Seriously, Azira. We need manpower like never before. Servant's death was very unfortunate. Your research can wait.

LEqIuDq.jpg
But it's not just about research! I've been planning our next project too. After the wall is finished, we should build an actual base, or a town hall if you wish. Here is how I imagine it:

pXCJ5gn.jpg

- Transparent squares are walls.
- Black squares are doors.
- Hall/Entry is useful to keep the temperature in other rooms more stable; and the floors a bit cleaner. When you only have one door that leads outside, it's hard to keep the rooms warm and clean. When you have two doors, it's much easier. Not to mention extra safe.
- Kitchen for all your cooking and butchering needs.
- Freezer is the cold room to store food and animal corpses, so that they won't spoil. Needs to be larger than that, but it will do for the time being.
- Dining room will have table(s), chairs, armchairs, chess tables, billiards, TV's, and whatever else we need to chill, relax, and socialize.
- Command/Communication room is meant for comms console and high-tech research table.

xmL7DMV.png
No. No, NO! After we finish the wall, first thing I need URGENTLY is a separate house! A PRIVATE FUCKING HOUSE!

lW0ir7U.png
I got an idea on that one. Take a look.

SCAyADW.jpg

Grimwulf's house will have an electric heater and two ventilation shafts. This way Kalin's and Azira's homes will receive part of Grimwulf's heating. No need to waste power on three heaters, right?

lW0ir7U.png
Once our new dwellings are ready, the hut we currently use for living can become a prison. In case some crazy Manbear decides to pay us a visit.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Speaking of Manbears, we totally forgot about turrets.

xmL7DMV.png
Why bother? Centipedes are the best defence system we can hope for.

lW0ir7U.png
Sounds like decision making time!

Base overview for reference:

JmRuEVO.jpg

Power cables:

v1P7aIq.jpg

Men availiable:
- Kalin - stonecutting, mining, probably some hunting.
- Azira - chilling, drinking, probably some researching.
- Grimwul - leading, going crazy, probably some building.

Prioritize these tasks:
- Teh Wall
- Town Hall
- Houses
- Turrets and defences

lW0ir7U.png
Psst. Kalin. Hey. Kalin.

xmL7DMV.png

lW0ir7U.png
Did you notice that eclipse is over? Whoever is the God of this planet, something or someone must have scared the shit out of it.

xmL7DMV.png

lW0ir7U.png
Gettit? The shit out of this planet, hue hue. Oh, wow. Good night.

qmodv67.jpg

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
1) Teh Wall. Let the marvel of socialist engineering inspire fear and awe in our enemies, and keep those capitalist scum away from our utopia.
2) Town Hall. A place to formulate our next 5 years plan.
3) Housing. A true KommuKolonist knows that his personal space is of low priority compared to the glory of the Kolony itself.
4) Turrets. When our bacon beacon of Kommunism shines so bright that it reaches the far edges of this hellhole, not even the wall will stop those capitalist pig's attempt at corrupting our superior way of life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom