Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotOR 2, Help Me Please!!!!

madbutcher

Novice
My game is in French language and i need the file "dialog.tlk" from the english game.
if someone could help me, i'll be happy!!! heheheh :=)

send the file to frozenhands@gmail.com

tnx

Fez

Erudite
That's because you have the imagination of a slug. You really shouldn't need someone to explain this one to you, especially a Russian living in the pirate's wonderland.

Atrokkus

Erudite
If imagination is the denial of logic, then yes, I am a slug ^_^

Yes, I use pirated software.
Yes, I blush when reading people's complaints about the insane price of 3dsmax, while I got it for mere 4 dollars.
Yes, i have many pirated games, although still I managed to obtain WarCraft3 + TFT, AgeofEmpires and some other licensed versions.

But hey: WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH HELPING THAT MADBUTCHER GUY HERE????

Oh wait, it's Fez here ! HEya, buddy!

Fez

Erudite
Aren't you wondering why Sarkile and kris are laughing about this? Are you just pretending not to see it or have you really missed it?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Okay, let's analyze this thread:

madbutcher has a french version of KOTO2, but wants to play it in English - nothing strange in that. He is certainly a noob, because instead of googling for it, he prefers to post the same msgs on several forums, but that's okay - we all were noobs once.
Then Sarkile fails to be funny, asking why the guy has french version. okay.
Then I really help the poor noob by posting a link to the longed-for dialog.tlk.
Well, madbutcher wanted to receive it in email, but it's easier for me to give a link.
That's all. Question is settled. Thread should be closed due to lack of topicallity.

But hey! It's Codex, remember? so here comes absolutely pointless offtopic concerning my nationality and piracy attitude.

So?
What's the point?

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
You do realize he has a pirated version of the game right? Jesus, I hope you're not being dense on purpose.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I'm hardly worried. It was just funny that he would come onto a forum to ask for a file to get his warezed game working. And how do I know that it's pirated? Could it have something to do with the fact that he has the French version of the game? How would that happen I wonder?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Maybe you're mentally demented? Or too imaginative?

Say, I buy a russian localized (LICENSED, not pirated) version of, say, Icewind dale. And what, do you think I'll play it in RUssian? No, I google-search for the goddamn english dialog.tlk, just liek that kiddo did (only faster and much more effective).

kris

Arcane
mEtaLL1x said:
Maybe you're mentally demented? Or too imaginative?

Say, I buy a russian localized (LICENSED, not pirated) version of, say, Icewind dale. And what, do you think I'll play it in RUssian? No, I google-search for the goddamn english dialog.tlk, just liek that kiddo did (only faster and much more effective).

Well, you surerly is one of a kind then. I can safely say that almost no selfrespecting French would do that. i see only one option of him not having D/L this game, that is if he happens to be a Englishman working in France. Now, it is still mostly likely he downloaded it.

Fez

Erudite
That's most likely what has happened, in his incompetence he's managed to download the wrong language, or could only find it in french and now he's trying to get it into something he can read. It's the same as people who come begging for a CD key claiming they have "lost" the original.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Well, CD-KEY is much harde to get ^_^
Unless you want just get past the intsallaton process, at which point you just need to get any cd-key generator. But if, for instance, Blizzard's battle.net is concerned.. here things get a wee bit harder ^_^
The generated cd-keys don't work with BNEt, well, it's almost impossible to generate the right one, because there are limited copies, although the code pattern is exactly the same.

Hmm.. why am I telling you all this?

Seven

Erudite
I don't think that we should helping jerks who are incompetant enough to pirate a game in the wrong language.

EDIT:
Well, CD-KEY is much harde to get ^_^
Unless you want just get past the intsallaton process, at which point you just need to get any cd-key generator. But if, for instance, Blizzard's battle.net is concerned.. here things get a wee bit harder ^_^
The generated cd-keys don't work with BNEt, well, it's almost impossible to generate the right one, because there are limited copies, although the code pattern is exactly the same.

Hmm.. why am I telling you all this?

You're telling us this because you want to flaunt your superior knowledge in the area of warezing; however, you've failed to realize that what you've described is just common sense and widely known.

Fez

Erudite
I'm pretty sure that Saint doesn't like warez talk on the forum. This is not a school for wannabe warez monkeys. Keep it to a minimum.

Atrokkus

Erudite
As Seven already noted, it's the basics. The primitive level.
I'm elaborating on the actual hacking methods or anything.

relax.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom