Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Shoelip

Arbiter
skyway said:
Shoelip said:
With people as unreasonable as Skyway around, it's good of them to keep doing it.

lol, you clearly didn't see my previous posts in TSLRP threads where I was always protecting team-gizka. why am I so "unreasonable" now?
ratty put that pretty well, so no need to repeat it.

Yes, I didn't read that, I don't even know what it is. I'm only referring to your unreasonable behavior in this thread.

Ratty

Scholar
Ander Vinz said:
Ratty is terribly wrong.
Why? Because it's TG's project and they can do whatever they fucking want with their work. They can even shut it all down and erase source files. And you better keep your mouth shut on this occasion 'cause you did nothing and all your base are belong to them.
Yeah, and what I said was, like, the exact opposite of that.

Keep working on your reading comprehension, sweetheart, you'll get it right eventually.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I thought I was the only one...[/quote

No, you're not alone out there. I played the damn game till near the end, then heard of this mod that was supposed to restore cut content and give us the ending that was intended. So I didn't finish it and decided to wait for the mod to be finished.

That was about 1 or 2 years ago. I check their page about once a week. That bugtracker with it's ridiculously low number of problems has been staring at me for months now. Oh well.

MetalCraze

Arcane
so - the lazy ones finally made it to 1.0b1

now it's either to wait another year before they will actually release what they you know - can release - or pray that some true patriot will leak the mod into the internets.

or probably the mod is so shitty that they are afraid to show it just like that.

the moment of truth was never so close before.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
If only there was a mod which allowed the game to begin right at Telos. I find Peragus boring, especially since it didn't have any real sidequests, other than that farcical medical bay murders thing, which was basically incidental to the main quest anyway. Not to mention the minimal dialogue.

afewhours

Scholar
Well. Let's see what the beta-testers have to say. 'tis a pity we don't have an inside man at Team Gizka to give us the heads-up. I regret not being active on their forums now.

I yam quite excited.

Norfleet

skyway said:
so - the lazy ones finally made it to 1.0b1

now it's either to wait another year before they will actually release what they you know - can release - or pray that some true patriot will leak the mod into the internets.
Lies and propaganda. Nothing more. This so-called "mod" does not exist. It is nothing more than lies and propaganda created by the Liberal-controlled media. I cite the COMPLETE LACK OF EVIDENCE for its existence as proof. There is no mod. Only the empty talk of people who have promised more than they can deliver.

Deleted member 7219

I'm astonished by how lazy these people are. They've been at the same point since last Easter. Since then they've squished what, 10 bugs or so?

They might say 'STFU' to me for whining, but I just think they shouldn't bother raising people's hopes for this mod if they aren't interested in completing it. We've have been waiting for this for years, and now we find out that when it eventually DOES come out, it won't contain everything they originally promised? Why did they start the project in the first place?

By the way, the only reason I am saying this here is because if I try to say it on their forums, I'd get a mod smack and the thread would be locked.

This was meant to be a restoration pack, instead it's a restore-some-things-and-leave-some-bugs-in pack.

I'd say it's more of a burnout thing than laziness. They've been doing this for years now and it's only logical to assume that they just don't have the strength anymore (reason why they're slower). Most likely they've grown to hate Kotor 2 with a passion, and they just want to get that "piece of shit" done with.

But I'm excited and I'm fairly certain that it'll be great once it's released.

cardtrick

Arbiter
You guys demanding this be finished immediately and insulting the modders providing this for free, for fun are such self-involved assholes. Same with the guys relentlessly demanding a "fixes only" Co8 mod. I find it a little disgusting.

Texas Red

Whiner
cardtrick said:
You guys demanding this be finished immediately and insulting the modders providing this for free, for fun are such self-involved assholes. Same with the guys relentlessly demanding a "fixes only" Co8 mod. I find it a little disgusting.

They got the hopes up of the people. Everyone started paying them attention and patting them on the back but they refuse to release it even though they can't seem to fix those several trivial issues for a year now.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Not embarrassed to be human here, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Seriously, you people's sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

This is almost as good as Dark Undergarments fagging out over Wesp's Bloodlines patches. All it needs is a little more invective posted directly above a signature full of failed projects...

Amasius

Augur
Matt7895 said:
I'm astonished by how lazy these people are. They've been at the same point since last Easter. Since then they've squished what, 10 bugs or so?

They might say 'STFU' to me for whining, (...)
Well, STFU whiner. Seriously. I've followed Team Gizkas progess more or less regularly and for every bug they've fixed they found another one. The number of open bugs went up and down but the number of resolved bugs went up to impressive 774 so far. Maybe they are to thoroughly but can you blame them? So shut up and be happy that you can play the game soon as it should have been from the beginning.

Deleted member 7219

Amasius said:
Matt7895 said:

They might say 'STFU' to me for whining, (...)
Well, STFU whiner. Seriously. I've followed Team Gizkas progess more or less regularly and for every bug they've fixed they found another one. The number of open bugs went up and down but the number of resolved bugs went up to impressive 774 so far. Maybe they are to thoroughly but can you blame them? So shut up and be happy that you can play the game soon as it should have been from the beginning.

You assume they automatically deserve respect because they have been making a mod for years.

Zeros

Novice
Matt7895 said:
You assume they automatically deserve respect because they have been making a mod for years.

Maybe not, but they don't automatically deserve too much whinery if they don't release it like next weekend.

I've also been waiting for this to play kotor2, and oh well.

Amasius

Augur
Matt7895 said:
Eh? They "deserve" nothing as long as they haven't released anything. But you can't blame them that their voluntary work takes longer than you have the patience to wait.

MetalCraze

Arcane
"you have no disrespect for people's job bla bla"
noone has disrespect, however read the previous page - the main problem is that they totally forgot why are they doing this mod at all. why the hell do you need to beta-test using the small number of people? or do you want just to look cool because "omg I gotz beta-test team". 10 people will never help you to find every single bug. you will have to fix tons of those bugs when actually many people will be able to play it -anyway-. they are totally forgetting that they are making a mod - not a game, it does not need QA team or beta test team. but no - wait another several months (beta testers will play the game for weeks, and if they will find even a minor, not critical for the game bug - you know how fast team-gizka fixes them - they will delay the mod again. for months) before we probably decide to give you what's -already finished-.
it's not a disrespect - it's a nerdrage because what they are doing is unneeded at all.

Texas Red

Whiner
Amasius said:
Matt7895 said:
Eh? They "deserve" nothing as long as they haven't released anything. But you can't blame them that their voluntary work takes longer than you have the patience to wait.

Except they keep releasing these updates to get attention and recognition. Their forums are full of apologists and mods who won't even let you discuss this issue. For some reason they can't even give an estimate or explain WHY they can't fix the remaining bugs for so long after they have done 99.9%. People are in hopes that they will play KotOR 2 because soon the project will be done. Instead now they act as Illuminati by giving a few chosen ones a chance to play it. They're not doing it directly for free, they get respect and attention and people feel as if they have been cheated or lied to.

MetalCraze

Arcane
TWD - they already implemented -everything- they wanted. the mod is ready. now it's more like some kind of a show where they show that they got a big dick: "look - we totally finished a mod - but you can't play it *trolling*"
or simply team gizka believes that a soft roleplayer will cut his veins if he will see the language error in the item name.

Amasius

Augur
The Walkin' Dude said:
They're not doing it directly for free, they get respect and attention and people feel as if they have been cheated or lied to.
Oh baby, nobody forces you to follow their work and to respect them. Feel free to ignore them! :lol:

Deleted member 7219

Why was TWD double dumbfucked?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom