Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
I'm sure the beta will make it to a torrent tracker somehow.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I really hope so - though they were choosing only the trustworthy people as beta testers.
I wonder how nobody still asked them at their forum what's the point of spreading what's ready only among the chosen ones.
and you say someone has disrespect.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
skyway said:
fastpunk said:
I suspect the good people from Team Gizka also have a life, they're not just bug squashers 24/7. Savvy? :wink:
yes, but spending 2 months to fix 4 bugs?

I feel like I have to say this, but the point of the mod is NOT to fix bugs. It is to restore missing content. The bug tracker is not a mesure of overall progress, and the bugs are those created by restoring the missing content. Team Gizka has actively been restoring content all this time, even if you don't see any stuff happening on the bug front.

I guess this misunderstanding is their mistake. They shouldn't have advertised the bug tracker as progress indicator, but rather the number of content restoration they have done.

zodden

Scholar
I never waited this long for a mod to play a game, but the game is sitting unplayed and unopened till this comes out. I hope it was worth the 2+ year wait :)

Helton

Arcane
zodden said:
I never waited this long for a mod to play a game, but the game is sitting unplayed and unopened till this comes out. I hope it was worth the 2+ year wait :)

You'll probably be very disappointed.

dragonfk

Erudite
Helton said:
zodden said:

Hmm...I've played unmodded KOTOR2 and I liked. Sure I was f..ing angry about the crippled ending, but still I cant wait to grit my teeth on TSL+RP. So if Jasede's relation of things that were cut really live up to his hype I for sure wont be dissapointed.

zodden

Scholar
Helton said:
zodden said:

Well I waited this long so.....I might as well wait it out. Its starting to look like the thing is inching closer to release. I know others who enjoyed it even in its current state. I hate unfinished games though and when I read about the scope of this project I decided to wait it out. They really have put a lot of work into this thing, even if its been slow going. I bought the game like 2 weeks after they announced this project on Obsidians forums. I don't even think they had a web page yet. On one hand I was angry that I bought what many people considered an unfinished game, but when I read about their intentions I just put the game on the self and forgot about it. Once every month or two I checked their infrequent progress reports.

I hope this comes before the updated release of the Witcher but I am not holding my breath.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I'm curious to see everything they have fixed.

The only thing, is that while some things were cut because we ran out of time, some things were cut for actual story reasons.

However, until I get a chance to see the change list I will just have to be curious!

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Anthony Davis said:
The only thing, is that while some things were cut because we ran out of time, some things were cut for actual story reasons.
What are these things, BTW? I'm almost certain that Atris as Darth Traya is one of them, but could you name a couple of others?

MetalCraze

Arcane
oh no - they got 8 new bugs
that pretty much means another year (or two) of waiting
and that bugs are just in the beginning of the game

I say the mod release date is somewhere around 2012

dragonfk

Erudite
skyway said:
oh no - they got 8 new bugs
that pretty much means another year (or two) of waiting
and that bugs are just in the beginning of the game

I say the mod release date is somewhere around 2012

Boy, you sure like to whine a lot. Just stop whining and do something creative, like borrowing a book and reading it for those few additional years of waiting.

Edit.

I even guess why they are using closed beta for their mod. If they did not they would have a gazillion whiners like you besieging their forum and complaining about bugs and flaming them. Who would have wanted that? So they just choosed people who are reasonable and who can respect others work. Who can understand they are not the center of the fucking world.

Norfleet

I maintain that there remains absolutely no evidence that there *IS* anything to release. Nothing more than lies and propaganda: Falsified screenshots and made up bug reports for something which doesn't exist. What you see is simply an elaborate front, much like automated bulldozers pushing around dirt on an abandoned moonbase. FAAAAAAKE.

dragonfk

Erudite
Norfleet said:
I maintain that there remains absolutely no evidence that there *IS* anything to release. Nothing more than lies and propaganda: Falsified screenshots and made up bug reports for something which doesn't exist. What you see is simply an elaborate front, much like automated bulldozers pushing around dirt on an abandoned moonbase. FAAAAAAKE.

Great, then if you dont believe in it then why even come to this thread and waste your time? Do you envy Andhira's post count or what?

What's wrong with you people, you behave like bunch of little childreen. With such community like you I wouldnt give a fuck about finishing it asap.

cardtrick

Arbiter
dragonfk said:
Norfleet said:

Great, then if you dont believe in it then why even come to this thread and waste your time? Do you envy Andhira's post count or what?

What's wrong with you people, you behave like bunch of little childreen. With such community like you I wouldnt give a fuck about finishing it asap.

Heh. I like the sentiment, but this is Norfleet. He's a pretty cool troll who does nothing but deny the existence of things . . . it's not personal.

dragonfk

Erudite
cardtrick said:
dragonfk said:
Norfleet said:

Heh. I like the sentiment, but this is Norfleet. He's a pretty cool troll who does nothing but deny the existence of things . . . it's not personal.

I would too deny his existance, but someone stole my fucking right as a Codexian to use ignore button.

Fez

Erudite
There is no restoration project. It is a front for a secret black project that they've been diverting money and manpower into. If you view their site without wearing your regulation tin foil hat, they will corrupt your mind using secret subliminal messages and transmit mind waves that will brainwash you into thinking there really is a mod.

Rise up against these foul conspiritors. Our brother Norfleet has opened our eyes to the lies and manipulation. Rise up and cut the strings controlled by these puppet masters. We will no longer mindlessly take part in their twisted Grand Guignol. The revolution begins here. Give no quarter.

dragonfk

Erudite
Fez said:
There is no restoration project. It is a front for a secret black project that they've been diverting money and manpower into. If you view their site without wearing your regulation tin foil hat, they will corrupt your mind using secret subliminal messages and transmit mind waves that will brainwash you into thinking there really is a mod.

Rise up against these foul conspiritors. Our brother Norfleet has opened our eyes to the lies and manipulation. Rise up and cut the strings controlled by these puppet masters. We will no longer mindlessly take part in their twisted Grand Guignol. The revolution begins here. Give no quarter.

You took the red pill, haven't you? :wink:

MetalCraze

Arcane
dragonfk said:
I even guess why they are using closed beta for their mod. If they did not they would have a gazillion whiners like you besieging their forum and complaining about bugs and flaming them. Who would have wanted that? So they just choosed people who are reasonable and who can respect others work. Who can understand they are not the center of the fucking world.

no you're wrong and didn't get a point at all
as for closed beta - there will be bugs in any case. they won't fix any single bug - because for everyone the bugs may be different. and whiners will besiege their forums because of the bugs. no matter what.
the closed beta is meaningless.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Lestat said:
Anthony Davis said:
What are these things, BTW? I'm almost certain that Atris as Darth Traya is one of them, but could you name a couple of others?

Batu Rem of the GenoHaradan - the false Batu Rem is actually a GenoHaradan disciple and makes it perfectly clear when he attempts to kill the PC.

Bounty Hunters of the GenoHaradan - Luxas Bounty Hunter contacts are actually GenoHaradan agents hunting the PC.

I know those were cut because of story reasons.

What I am most interested about is the Battle of Khoonda. Most if not ALL of that scripting was already done. We had to cut it and turn it into movies because the framerate on the original xbox was just too low during that fight.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

-Pavlos-

Novice
Hi, I've been a beta tester (otherwise known as "Beta Minion") for TSLRP since January 2006 so, seeing as how I've been playing the game to death for over two years now, I suppose I can answer some of your questions :).

Anthony Davis said:
I'm curious to see everything they have fixed.

However, until I get a chance to see the change list I will just have to be curious!

Yeah, I wasn't particularly thrilled to see the GenoHaradan quests reimplemented because they had to be moved to avoid messing with Nar Shaddaa's current plot. As it stands in the 'restored' version, the quest seems rather arbitrary -- it almost detracts from the Exchange quest in that there is no sense of them being ever-present now that Batu Rem et al. are with the GenoHaradan. Then again, others may like having a new group of people trying to kill you; myself, I feel it divides attention.

However, it's more than made up for by the random encounters with the HK-50 units. They run on a timer so you should encounter a squad (+ a little piece of dialogue) when you enter a new module - provided it's not blacklisted by Dashus for story reasons - every forty minutes or so.

If you guys have any specific questions about how things work or where certain sequences are then I'm all ears.

Edit: And no chance of a torrent, by the way >_>

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
skyway said:
dragonfk said:

no you're wrong and didn't get a point at all

Please do explain your point. All I keep on gathering from your posts is that they owe you something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom