Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
chicago_bankroll said:
Talonfire said:
Marcelo21 said:
So we're better off playing the game vanilla?

The game makes more sense with Stoney's mod than it does out of the box (particularly the ending), so I would say no.

The game does make a lot more sense with Stoney's mod. If you're gonna play, then play with the TSLRCM. The mod is still kind of crap, though. I mean, it's a beta, so there are plenty of scenes and convos that come right the hell out of nowhere; spelling errors; ridiculous camera angles; a few bugs; several of the allegedly restored scenes don't even show up in the mod... It's still better, though, than TSLRP's leaked beta or the vanilla game.

So this is just the beta meaning there's a good chance we'll actually get a decent mod later? I think I'll hold on then (yes I saw what happened last time a beta got out but these guys seem to be working pretty fast).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lockkaliber said:
Perhaps you could go into specifics as to what is wrong with Gizkas mod?

Well, there's the fact that they've supposedly been working on it for years and the only actual public release is a leaked beta.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bugs everywhere, broken cameras, broken triggers. There are lots of stuff that doesn't work in other words. F.e. the game crashes if you try to sacrifice Visas at Darth Nihilus' ship, game crashes at Dantooine if you select to guard the other door, some encounters don't work - you may run into lots of HK50s on Nar Shadaa and they will just stand in one place moving nowhere and there will be no NPCs so it will mean that your game is totally broken, unless you saved before (it goes for the same encounters on all other planets). Stuff that makes no sense like you didn't see Genoharadan throughout the whole game a single time really - and then in the very end before the Malachor its boss calls you and invites you to Nar Shadaa to settle it once and for all otherwise he will blow up the planet (that place with the corridors you couldn't access on NS btw), or when you are freeing your team at Malachor... there is an option to play pazaak with Atton right in his cell. Lots of minor and major annoyances - but those are just what I could remember. And besides the ending that's basically all the new content apart from a few cutscenes that they did restore - in 3 years at that time. Pricks.

Stoney at least releases new betas with fixes.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MetalCraze said:
Bugs everywhere, broken cameras, broken triggers. There are lots of stuff that doesn't work in other words. F.e. the game crashes if you try to sacrifice Visas at Darth Nihilus' ship, game crashes at Dantooine if you select to guard the other door, some encounters don't work - you may run into lots of HK50s on Nar Shadaa and they will just stand in one place moving nowhere and there will be no NPCs so it will mean that your game is totally broken, unless you saved before (it goes for the same encounters on all other planets). Stuff that makes no sense like you didn't see Genoharadan throughout the whole game a single time really - and then in the very end before the Malachor its boss calls you and invites you to Nar Shadaa to settle it once and for all otherwise he will blow up the planet (that place with the corridors you couldn't access on NS btw), or when you are freeing your team at Malachor... there is an option to play pazaak with Atton right in his cell. Lots of minor and major annoyances - but those are just what I could remember. And besides the ending that's basically all the new content apart from a few cutscenes that they did restore - in 3 years at that time. Pricks.

Stoney at least releases new betas with fixes.

Wow, judging from this the mod seems like complete shit. What the hell did they do for 3 years?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lockkaliber said:
Wow, judging from this the mod seems like complete shit. What the hell did they do for 3 years?

Dashus said:
...I have not personally written a single line of code for more than 2 months. You can blame the beautiful woman; she's worth every invective that's been hurled at me in these forums and others...

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
treave said:
Lockkaliber said:

Dashus said:
...I have not personally written a single line of code for more than 2 months. You can blame the beautiful woman; she's worth every invective that's been hurled at me in these forums and others...

I am well aware of Dashus "situation". I'm just wondering what could incite such praise from the beta testers and others that have tried it, for something that is apparently a pile of shit. They do have some rational people on the beta team, or at least some whom I consider capable of judging good work from bad work, but according to this, I probably put a little bit too much faith in them.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lockkaliber said:
treave said:
Lockkaliber said:

Dashus said:

I am well aware of Dashus "situation". I'm just wondering what could incite such praise from the beta testers and others that have tried it, for something that is apparently a pile of shit. They do have some rational people on the beta team, or at least some whom I consider capable of judging good work from bad work, but according to this, I probably put a little bit too much faith in them.

For them, bad work is better than no work. Since TSLRP was the only project running for years, there was no practical competition and thus I doubt if they actually took any critical feedback seriously. They got complacent.

I feel the reason why the leak created such drama in the first place was because it could provide a base from which other more enthusiastic modders could complete a similar project; hence showing their own shortcomings. Of course I recall that it was the Team Gizka butthurt fan-cult that made the most noise. Something that could potentially reduce the worth of their object of undying loyalty? Kill it with fire!

That's why it's disappointing that TG forums lack so much rabidity nowadays. :D

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Fuck there's a lot of cool stuff restored and I have the game installed but I don't want to play the mod is it's really buggy right now. Then again how long will it take to get an update... I am confuse

Marcelo21 said:
Fuck there's a lot of cool stuff restored and I have the game installed but I don't want to play the mod is it's really buggy right now. Then again how long will it take to get an update... I am confuse

They released their first patch about four or five days after it was released, so they're paying attention to bugs, at least.

MetalCraze

Arcane
They fixed more bugs in 4 days than Team Gizka did in 2 years. That's all you need to know when choosing which mod to use.

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Here's whats fixed in the patch so far

Fixed OpoChano dialog for quest unable to complete.
Fixed OpoChano being in 2 places at once.
Fixed OpoChano death issues, just global reactions now.
Fixed Telos Atris music back to original
Fixed HK50 in underground base not following after repairing him
Added a shuttle movie for heading to the HK factory.
Fixed dropout in holorec.dlg(if neutral).
Fixed HK50’s not spawning correctly on Malachor for Goto ending.
Fixed block on Telos when HK factory not triggered for female Exile.
Fixed crash on Narshadaa if not controlling Atton in fight to the docks.
Improved Endings on Malachor
Added missing globals for endings to trigger
Fixed BaoDurr’s dialog repeating the Handmaiden cutscene
Fixed T3’s dialog Threatning to rip out his module (T3 about the EH and the hologram) gives +INF instead of -INF.
Fixed an issue with Handmaiden going to Malachor ending.

It'd be great if they could end up making a patch to rival the Fallout 2 patch by Killap, or the Arcanum Patch by Drog.

Self-Ejected

BlitzKitchen

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2012
productive get-to-it-ers that seek little to no attention vs complete attention whores that have no productivity.

jaylittle

Scholar
So it looks like Stoney's project is starting to receive major attention:
After years of development, the cut content has been finally restored and the most of the bugs have been fixed, thanks to a project known as known as the "Restored Content Mod." The mod, revealed in The Deadly Stream forum, is in open beta, which means that players can now experience as complete a Jedi adventure as possible, provided they're willing to help the development team by reporting any issues they encounter. According to the project team leader, who goes by the handle "Stoney," the project's completion has been a long time coming. The result? An expanded, refined game that hints at what the original release should have been.
Suck on that Team Gizka :)

TNO

Augur
Couple of errors in the ars blurb (it didn't take these guys years to get their shit together, for one) but all the power to them. How is the TG fest going?

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
Patch 1.4b released! What it fixes:

Added a new Patch to fix some more issues
patch 1.4b is in the download section Note: for all fixes you will need to install both patch 1.4a first and 1.4b second if 1.4a not previuosly installed.

Fixed Kaevee’s dialog for not setting the global to spawn Vrook correctly.
Fixed Khoonda fight Zherron will be where you sent him
Fixed Black screen after Atris fight
Fixed When you fight Visas if you press talk to nihilus he kneels and turns hostile
Fixed During the Visas attack clicking Handmaiden gives "You cannot talk to him right now." As far as I can tell Handmaiden is a her though
Fixed During the first mindreading lesson Visas mouth still moves with her thoughts.
Fixed During the second mindreading lesson Bao still moves his mouth during "Malachor".
Removed option from Batono.dlg"[Lie] I take you to Grenn now" to Batono will bring you to... Grenn! I don't think that was my intention...
Fixed remove the 2 TSF soldiers from Bay 3 after the smuggling quest .
Fixed holo.dlg misses overlay during the choices for the player, and the master list misses the : sign after Zez-Kai Ell.
Fixed Exchange thugs appearing to confront OpoChano even though Opo isn't there.
Added the option if persuade high enough to make the Serreco attack the exchange.

scarletguard

Educated
Beta Tester Quits Quite Publicly

Looks like Qui-Gon Glenn wanted to let Dashus know exactly how he feels before he quit.

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic. ... 6&p=104350

Update: Nearly 10 years later, here's a god damn screen shot of it.
Y41LMiw.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom