Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Hi guys, playing with Restoration Project MOD in 1920x1080, is there any way (or by any mod) to upscale the font size, my eyes are so fucking hurt.

2C09FFeJO4o.jpg

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Hi guys, playing with Restoration Project MOD in 1920x1080, is there any way (or by any mod) to upscale the font size, my eyes are so fucking hurt.

2C09FFeJO4o.jpg

Think you need the remastered version on Steam.

edit: Because this reminded me I started a dark side play through last year I looked to see what was new.

/

Was is das remastered version on Steam? I have KOTOR2 on Steam.

That looks better, shall try, thanks!

Upd: I'm stupid, how can I install it? My other mods (like graphics upscaled) are on Nexus.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Was is das remastered version on Steam? I have KOTOR2 on Steam.

Yeah you should have the remastered one. IDK the UI scales with resolution for me. I was playing at 1440 and it was readable.

As for installation don't you just copy one of the two ratios (16:10 or 16:9) to the override folder. Not sure if it will work with the remastered version though.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
OK, so the real problem is this: if I try to change the resolution in-game to the smaller one, the game becomes windowed shit. How can I make it fullscreen again (or to not become permanently windowed?) I'm sorry if this sounds stupid.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
OK, so the real problem is this: if I try to change the resolution in-game to the smaller one, the game becomes windowed shit. How can I make it fullscreen again (or to not become permanently windowed?) I'm sorry if this sounds stupid.

I had this with Shadows of Mordor and a few other games. I fixed it by changing my graphics card settings - I think they default to odd crap when you update the drivers. Problem is I can't remember what I did, as I had a different monitor at the time. It may have been aspect ration/gpu upscaling options. Something to do with the card autocatically sizing the resolution anyway.

Sorry to answer a stupid with a stupid.
:positive:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Quick way to get fullscreen in anything is alt+enter.

Also I have no idea what either of you are talking about here. First of all, run at your monitor's native resolution. That is like graphics quality 101, and the single most important thing ever for 3D games. Secondly, GPU scaling options are only full screen, aspect ratio or integer scaling, none of which has anything to do with windowed mode. Integer scaling will have the black bars around the entire image in certain resolutions though, if that's maybe what you mean by "windowed." Anyway... run at your monitor's native res, it's really important. The UI scales so it won't make a difference to your blind ass inability to read the menu.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Dalekflay is correct, just wanted to make the autistic note that native rez is important because of how LCD displays operate at fixed pixels, it's not because of something inherent to 3d graphics. But what he says is all true.

Oh, recently nvidia did add better upscaling tho, new in the options, it is for playing an 800x600 game at your native monitor display with proper scaling and no ugly digital filter. Whether they achieved this better than software like wndx is up for debate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom