Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Are we calling vapourware on this mod yet or not?

Seriously, much kudos to the developers, great idea - but it's been a long time since we've seen any progress. Is there any insider / beta-tester or so on that can give us any idea whether progress is being made, or whether this is going to be just a great idea that never quite made it?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What do you mean? I think I checked it a few weeks ago and they had 4 tweaks and 3 trivial issues to take care of. Now they only have 3 tweaks and 3 trivial issues. Progress!

Texas Red

Whiner
OldSkoolKamikaze said:
What do you mean? I think I checked it a few weeks ago and they had 4 tweaks and 3 trivial issues to take care of. Now they only have 3 tweaks and 3 trivial issues. Progress!

They've been having these several tweaks for a year now. Right now I think regular forum members got a chance to beta test it.

afewhours

Scholar
Everytime someone doubts Team Gizka, I just want to curl up into a ball and cry.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
They may be a bunch of pussies but they're definitely not quitters. They're talented people and I'm sure the mod will be out eventually.

Edit: Fix that sig, afewhours. Louce makes me think of myself as lice. :lol:

afewhours

Scholar
Locue said:
Edit: Fix that sig, afewhours. Louce makes me think of myself as lice.

Dammit, my keyboard is like a giant beast I have to wrestle with every single day.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i'm feeling it too. I was quite enthusiastic around half a year ago. Give-a-fuck-metre rates it as 'Meh. If it comes out, Great! If it doesn't, wouldn't be surprised'.

psycojester

Arbiter
Holy shit, they're done to only 3 bugs to solve. Thats a total of 4 bugs in 3 months they've solved.

MetalCraze

Arcane
someone here said that they are lazy fucks.
now I agree.
they had 7 bugs they needed to fix.
for 2 months.
so they fixed 4.
they were fixing 4 bugs for 2 months.
with such fast speed we will be able to see tslrp right in 2009

HOWEVAR!

Dashus on Mar 4 2008 said:
This weekend will see the release of 1.0b1. It has been a long time coming

this is official

but don't be glad and yay - you won't have it - because it will be a release for chosen ones only. our one is when 1.0c1 will be done.
and something tells me it won't happen soon.
of course some of you may try to force some of the chosen into leaking the mod...

and also - Dashus said some of the content won't be restored. not because they can't. because they don't want. Dashus said that if it will be needed - they will add the remaining content with a patch.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
1.0b1 means that all content is implemented. Obviously, bug hunting will take some time, like a month or... two. You know, if AoD comes out in May as well I'll have to forget about food, sleep and studies.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Oh shut it! We should be grateful anyone is actually doing this mod. And I suspect the good people from Team Gizka also have a life, they're not just bug squashers 24/7. Savvy? :wink:

Also:

Dashus said:
This weekend will see the release of 1.0b1. It has been a long time coming

Hurray for progress! :D

not a criticism

fastpunk said:
Oh shut it! We should be grateful anyone is actually doing this mod. And I suspect the good people from Team Gizka also have a life, they're not just bug squashers 24/7. Savvy? :wink:

Hey, I didn't intend the thread as a criticism - I tried to make that clear in my post. It certainly is a rather ambitious project, and well, you can't blame people for wondering whether it is TOO ambitious. I'm glad to hear it is still making progress, but frankly even if it never gets released I'd still congratulate the modders for even attempting it. Wondering whether it is still happening doesn't = criticisng the modders or not recognising their hard work.

fastpunk

Arbiter
skyway said:
fastpunk said:
I suspect the good people from Team Gizka also have a life, they're not just bug squashers 24/7. Savvy? :wink:

yes, but spending 2 months to fix 4 bugs?

Yes. Maybe they had other important things to do, like studying for example, maybe some of the are students. Others might have families. And after working a couple of years on this mod I suspect you aren't as enthusiastic as you were. Plus, weren't they working on translations? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

@Azrael: I was more annoyed with the lack o patience around these parts. Every now and then a thread pops up saying the mod is vapourware. For fuck's sake, how can anyone spend years working on something and then just quit right when they're close to finishing?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ander Vinz said:
skyway said:
spending 2 months to fix 4 bugs?
Dashus said:
We're doing this because we've enjoyed and enjoy doing it.
Finishing it would mean an end to this pleasure.

that explains their plans to live some more content for the patch.

fastpunk said:
Yes. Maybe they had other important things to do, like studying for example, maybe some of the are students. Others might have families. And after working a couple of years on this mod I suspect you aren't as enthusiastic as you were. Plus, weren't they working on translations? Correct me if I'm wrong please.

they are still raping their brains with closed beta-testing at 1.0b stage. though I just hope somebody will leak the mod into the internets - because waiting another year for 1.0c when somebody already plays this stuff is painful.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
skyway said:
they are still raping their brains with closed beta-testing at 1.0b stage. though I just hope somebody will leak the mod into the internets - because waiting another year for 1.0c when somebody already plays this stuff is painful.
I'd wait another year to play final release.
Texture pack won't hurt too 'cause K2 looks worse than K1 in this regard. And interface revamp please. And... Oh, snap. I'm living in the real world after all.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah I'm confused with closed beta testing, by releaasing it to the public more people would play it and hence more bugs would be exposed and reported resulting in tighter bugs check instead of just the team and select people doing it and complaining 'THIS IS HARD WORK Y'KNOW'

Shoelip

Arbiter
Guess they don't want to reveal it until it's in a satisfactory condition. Perfectly understandable. With people as unreasonable as Skyway around, it's good of them to keep doing it.

"Hey look, a bunch of people are trying to make a game better in their spare time and at no expense to me, but are taking a long time... FUCK THOSE LAZY BADTARDS! How dare they not act like a paid developer being forced to rush release an unfinished product in time to meet profit estimates!"

Ratty

Scholar
What bugs me is not that they are fixing the few remaining issues at a pace of three minor bugs a year, but that they insist of withholding the public release because of them. For fuck's sake, who gives a shit if there are still 3 tweaks and 4 trivial severity issues, when about a thousand major features have been restored, which was, you know, the whole damn point of the mod? "Oh, but who cares about a dozen or so extra hours of dialogue, what's really important is that obscure typo in an item description that will take another two years to iron out, and we'll be damned if we let anyone have a look at the mod before that's finished."

MetalCraze

Arcane
Shoelip said:
With people as unreasonable as Skyway around, it's good of them to keep doing it.

lol, you clearly didn't see my previous posts in TSLRP threads where I was always protecting team-gizka. why am I so "unreasonable" now?
ratty put that pretty well, so no need to repeat it.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
skyway said:
ratty put that pretty well, so no need to repeat it.
Ratty is terribly wrong.
Why? Because it's TG's project and they can do whatever they fucking want with their work. They can even shut it all down and erase source files. And you better keep your mouth shut on this occasion 'cause you did nothing and all your base are belong to them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom