Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware KOTOR 2 Restoration Project (not the Restored Content Mod)

Rabidredneck

Liturgist
They just released their first patch, link in their release post. fixes so far:

Fixed OpoChano dialog for quest unable to complete.
Fixed OpoChano being in 2 places at once.
Fixed OpoChano death issues,just global reactions now.
Fixed Telos Atris music back to original
Fixed HK50 in underground base not following after repairing him
Added a shuttle movie for heading to the HK factory.
Fixed droppout in holorec.dlg(if nuetral).
Fixed HK50’s not spawning correctly.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In typical Codex fashion, we bash TSLRP for years for being unable to deliver, and then bash TSLRCP for delivering.

Yeah.

jaylittle

Scholar
Trash is acting like an undignified cunt. They are the modders, if you don't like their approach or their work, feel free to sit around and wait for Dashus to pull his head out of his ass.

Frankly, Stoney has done world's better than TG ever did. He promised something and delivered. And he seems committed to providing timely updates for bugs as he fixes them.

It really doesn't get any better than that, stylistic issues aside.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I predict TSLRC will get their own cult the size of Team Gizka in about... 4 months. We can already see its first seeds even here on the Codex.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's awesome that they made the mod and even better that they foregone all the drama and instead even started an open beta. Kudos to them for that. Fact remains that all the new content is badly written, shittely directed and generally horrid in execution and style. Being able to fix stuff and think of new interesting content and how to implement it are unfortunately two very different things.

JrK

Prophet
The question is of course how this one stacks up to the leaked TSLRP mod. They are both beta's, but which has the better content?

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
MetalCraze said:
Stoney's
It has less content and by less I mean no self-made Team Gizka's shit.

Have you played stoneys? From what I surmise, you've played gizkas version. Would you mind sharing with us how the (not self-made) content was implemented in it? Was it at least semi-ok or is it as awkward as stoney's seems to be?

Darth Roxor said:
I predict TSLRC will get their own cult the size of Team Gizka in about... 4 months. We can already see its first seeds even here on the Codex.

I don't think so, it was delivered and everyone can help with bug fixing. Dashus and co. gathered followers by putting the mod aside and making everyone drool whenever their name appeared onscreen

Trash said:
Being able to fix stuff and think of new interesting content and how to implement it are unfortunately two very different things.

100% ture. I've tried dozens of Morrowind mods that were very interesting in concept, but horrible in execution, and dozens of mods that add useless shit (a better bodies one also adds cocks, as I discovered) that works flawlessly. It's almost as if (good) creativity is inversely proportional to modding ability

racofer

Thread Incliner
Lockkaliber said:
Have you played stoneys? From what I surmise, you've played gizkas version. Would you mind sharing with us how the (not self-made) content was implemented in it? Was it at least semi-ok or is it as awkward as stoney's seems to be?

Just so you know, Gizka's version has voice overs made by themselves. This should be enough argument to back up Skyway's argument.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
racofer said:
Lockkaliber said:

Just so you know, Gizka's version has voice overs made by themselves. This should be enough argument to back up Skyway's argument.

AFAIK it's for one character, and not a lot. While a horrible decision, it doesn't warrant a boycott of the mod if it has superior implementation of the content imo.

edit: it seems that stoney's mod has hit the news big time. Kotaku and and eurogamer and whatnot have articles up.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Lockkaliber said:

I didn't play Stoney's but judging by how his restored content list is the same except it doesn't contain all stuff that TG pulled out of its ass (the awfully voiced secondary quest with one chick on Dantooine, Genoharadan finale that appears out of the blue, freeing your party members from Trayus academy where TG filled in dialogues by themselves) - I can say that TSLRCM is much better.
Besides if you read Stoney's posts you pretty much know that he was doing a more adequate job on the mod with actually explaining why some content are not restored because it doesn't fit or makes no sense. TSLRP is basically "we restored everything we found and then some more"

Lockkaliber said:
AFAIK it's for one character, and not a lot. While a horrible decision, it doesn't warrant a boycott of the mod if it has superior implementation of the content imo.

Not only it is inferior but don't forget that unlike with TSLRCM you won't get bugfixes for your TSLRP ever. And there are shittons of bugs and non-working subplots in TSLRP.
Let's put it this way - if Stoney did what he said he did - play TSLRCM if you want content that fits well and only adds to story.
Play TSLRP if you just want to see what was cut and 50% of the time it won't make any sense.

I've played both mods. As much as it pains me to say this, I agree with Skyway.

Put it like this:

TSLRCM = eating out of the garbage can at your home
TSLRP = eating out of the dumpster behind the seafood department of your local Walmart, where all the crackheads hang out on Tuesdays and vomit into the dumpster and litter their crack AIDS needles everywhere.

Edge: TSLRCM.

Talonfire

Scholar
Marcelo21 said:
So we're better off playing the game vanilla?

The game makes more sense with Stoney's mod than it does out of the box (particularly the ending), so I would say no.

Talonfire said:
Marcelo21 said:

The game makes more sense with Stoney's mod than it does out of the box (particularly the ending), so I would say no.

The game does make a lot more sense with Stoney's mod. If you're gonna play, then play with the TSLRCM. The mod is still kind of crap, though. I mean, it's a beta, so there are plenty of scenes and convos that come right the hell out of nowhere; spelling errors; ridiculous camera angles; a few bugs; several of the allegedly restored scenes don't even show up in the mod... It's still better, though, than TSLRP's leaked beta or the vanilla game.

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
chicago_bankroll said:
Talonfire said:
Marcelo21 said:

The game does make a lot more sense with Stoney's mod. If you're gonna play, then play with the TSLRCM. The mod is still kind of crap, though. I mean, it's a beta, so there are plenty of scenes and convos that come right the hell out of nowhere; spelling errors; ridiculous camera angles; a few bugs; several of the allegedly restored scenes don't even show up in the mod... It's still better, though, than TSLRP's leaked beta or the vanilla game.

Perhaps you could go into specifics as to what is wrong with Gizkas mod?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Lockkaliber said:
Perhaps you could go into specifics as to what is wrong with Gizkas mod?

It's by Team Gizka :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom