Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview KOTOR2 Deep Sixed

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

No, it hasn't been cancelled, just an E3 preview of the Star Wars RPG sequel at--for some utterly inexplicable reason--the Max Payne 2 fansite <a href=http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~maxpayne/site/index.php>Deep Six</a>. Nothing really new here as everyone played the same demo. Here's a blurb about the combat.
<br>
<blockquote>My character was a pretty powerful Jedi, and I had plenty of droid fodder to test these abilities on. At first I decided to start hack and slashing with the lightsaber. They were standard lightsabers, so they really didn't do much damage, even though I had the range between "attack", "flurry" and "critical strike". Then I cycled through the force powers. Because the first level stuck primarily with droids, I couldn't use powers that didn't work on droids. However there was this one VERY powerful force move I ended up using a lot called "Force Storm" which works on both droids and humans, which involved calling up a sudden lighting strike from the sky that not only does a hell of a lot of damage but also attacks more then just the character you target, but also characters clustered around him (that are bad).</blockquote>I guess they had two choices: make combat not suck, or give the player even more ridiculously powerful force powers to get through the sucky combat faster. That's lateral thinking right there, folks.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</a>

Nightjed

Liturgist
that was allready posted on "KOTOR II E3 demo impressions" ( i knew i was feeling deja vu )

i just hope they make the skills useful (letting you combine them for example), fix the damn gui that sucks donkey balls (its not even semi decent for consoles damnit!) and if they are going to make spells ultra frigging powerful they should at least make them damage your guys as well (of course that if they keep the old AI they would probably die on every battle)

edit: damnit! beaten for writing the second paragraph :x

dagamer667

Liturgist
Nightjed said:
that was allready posted on "KOTOR II E3 demo impressions" ( i knew i was feeling deja vu )

i just hope they make the skills useful (letting you combine them for example), fix the damn gui that sucks donkey balls (its not even semi decent for consoles damnit!) and if they are going to make spells ultra frigging powerful they should at least make them damage your guys as well (of course that if they keep the old AI they would probably die on every battle)

edit: damnit! beaten for writing the second paragraph :x

One thing I really hope they fix is the ability to use other member's skills whenever possible. In KOTOR, upgrading HK-47 required the main character to have the repair skill. It didn't matter if the repair skill was utterly useless in regard to the rest of the game or the fact that the expert droid had it off the friggin' charts. It really pissed me off that I could not just "ask" the other droid for assistance cuz my own skills weren't good enough.

Another thing I'm hoping for is more balance between the number of dark and light characters. There were only two dark characters (not counting the Big Whiner). Also, non-jedi classes need to be a bit more balanced because once you got two jedi on your team, other classes' usefulness went out the window.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Actually, I hope the exact opposite happens. I hated the fact I didn't have to really develop my character's skills because I could just swap out party members on the fly to handle all the other skills for me.

dagamer667

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Actually, I hope the exact opposite happens. I hated the fact I didn't have to really develop my character's skills because I could just swap out party members on the fly to handle all the other skills for me.

The whole point of having a party is the fact that no single character can be good with everything. If the PC can't open some lock or disarm a trap, there is no reason why another member of the party can't lend a hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom