Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
Huh.

oh well, as long as we dont get SJW lesbian ogre trannies and feminist knightettes.
Modern dnd is different now.
5th ed book.

D7_CwV_UYAAqL9Z.jpg:large

D7_FbpoVsAAWi4Y.png:large

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
It's always so good to read the codex when such announcements happen. Because the vowing for godhoodre are so many members that know, just based on a logo and the developer, exactly how the game will pan out. Such clairvoyance is very useful.
Can even tell you it will be an epic story ending up at level 20, as the big bad evil is likely slarkrethel, a gigantic kraken archmagi and psionist vowing for godhood.
attachment.php

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The gameplay will obviously be fine. I'm worried about the writing. Larian's writing has always been cringey at best, and their dumb, weird-o humor has never really landed. They're going to have to bring in a Chris Avellone or someone like him.

aris

Arcane
BG was never about the writing. Give me long meaningful side quests, cool and fascinating areas, give me fights with arch lichs, lichs and dragons, give me overpowered loot, and give me epic strategic fights, and I am one happy camper.

aris

Arcane
Oh, I hope everybody is prepared for this to be a multiplatform, not PC-exclusive game. It should go without saying but there's always somebody who is surprised.
If it is TB, it will most likely be console yes. If real time with pause it will probably be pc exclusive.
:martini:

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
First D:OS was great and fun. Didn't play the revised edition.

D:OS2 was very bad IMO. They completely fucked up the combat with the armor and magic armor bars. I don´t know what they were thinking about.

With the great engine they have for turn based combat and good graphics, if they stick to D&D they can make a worthy successor to BG2.

Not too fan also about the character progression in those games.

Also they have to find a good tone for the script. Not too dark-emo-edgy, not as cheesy as the man with many cheeses.
What does the dark-emo-edgy vs lol-cheese % need to be in bg3?

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
First D:OS was great and fun. Didn't play the revised edition.

D:OS2 was very bad IMO. They completely fucked up the combat with the armor and magic armor bars. I don´t know what they were thinking about.

With the great engine they have for turn based combat and good graphics, if they stick to D&D they can make a worthy successor to BG2.

Not too fan also about the character progression in those games.

Also they have to find a good tone for the script. Not too dark-emo-edgy, not as cheesy as the man with many cheeses.
What dark-emo-edgy vs lol-cheese % need to be in bg3?
100 / 100

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So how come the thread title went from "Larian is making BG III" to "apparently making" and now back to actually making it?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Didn't the IE games have an underlying turn based system? There's a decent chance Larian might implement it like that and let RT/TB be selectable. Should placate both camps that way with minimal rebalance required.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm not sure how RTwP would work with 4 player co-op. I don't think this was solved problem in BG (never played co-op). 4 players vote when to pause? Leave everything to auto-pause system? So my guess is leaning towards that this will be TB.

Terra

Cipher
Oh, I hope everybody is prepared for this to be a multiplatform, not PC-exclusive game. It should go without saying but there's always somebody who is surprised.
If it is TB, it will most likely be console yes. If real time with pause it will probably be pc exclusive.
:martini:
Untrue, good sir. Beamdog's prestigious enhanced editions of the Infinity Engine classics are all finally heading to their true home on console later this year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom