Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LawBreakers - Cliff Bleszinski's failed multiplayer shooter

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man that is rough.

deama

Prophet
This is getting pretty sad now, it feels like someone has been whacking a dead horse for a long while.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmmm, I just discovered this game is on a 'free weekend' this weekend on Steam by browsing through the specials list. (12th Nov, ends in 4 hours it says.)

Is it normal a game gets a free weekend without any banner advert or notification anywhere on the front page?

:dead:

Arnust

Savant
I think the last Free Weekend did, and between both it's been featured on the banners, but it's been very absent there indeed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hmmm, I just discovered this game is on a 'free weekend' this weekend on Steam by browsing through the specials list. (12th Nov, ends in 4 hours it says.)

Is it normal a game gets a free weekend without any banner advert or notification anywhere on the front page?

:dead:
Maybe the staff are taking some free time and needed a bunch of people to keep up the player count. The 100 mark is something that have to fight for.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Meanwhile...

uY75bbO.jpg

HitPepper

Erudite
I gave it a chance and played during the free weekend. Fuck. Who the hell thought this shouldn't be a f2p game?

Arnust

Savant
While it's not illogical, I'm just not sure how could it integrate the F2P into the game without turning it into shit (inb4 har har it already is, whatever). Locking Roles? That would only make most matches pretty fucking boring until you got to the avobe avergae MMR and make the arguably more situational roles like say, Juggernaut and Gunslinger bottom tier, more than they already are. Would also mean that they'd have to remove the Role Cap that currently is on 2. Bottom line, it probably would take the game back to Beta state, when constant updates that caused significant progress since release are one of the game's strengths...

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
I gave it a chance and played during the free weekend. Fuck. Who the hell thought this shouldn't be a f2p game?
Game's entire drawing point was that was meant to be full fledged arena FPS WITHOUT any limitations imposed by F2P model...

Nirvash

Liturgist
While it's not illogical, I'm just not sure how could it integrate the F2P into the game without turning it into shit
Money buys cosmetic only, like dota 2.

Cosmetic only is not viable for the average game.

dota 2:

Very cheap dev wise, almost indie tier.
Cosmetic stuff is even made by users for free.
Massive support from steam.
Massive name.

And still not making that much of a profit since network expenses are massive.

You know, the main reason valve made dota 2 was get more people on steam.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath

abija

Prophet
What? They have 3 free to play games.
Bosskey? He wasn't the one deciding payment methods at epic. Maybe he isn't now either and was just full of shit when he said the game is too high quality to be f2p.

Cosmetic only is not viable for the average game.

dota 2:

Very cheap dev wise, almost indie tier.
Cosmetic stuff is even made by users for free.
Massive support from steam.
Massive name.

And still not making that much of a profit since network expenses are massive.

You know, the main reason valve made dota 2 was get more people on steam.

Dota 2 is free because it had to offer a clearly better deal than LoL. Cliffy thought his name is good enough to warrant a shittier deal than Blizzard.

Also:
- lawbreakers is cheaper than dota 2 (dev wise)
- users are payed for cosmetic stuff, it's not free, bosskey could use cheap outsourcing for skins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom