Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Legend of Grimrock

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Mother Russia, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Mother Russia Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Codex 2013
    Wooohoooo!!!! I know what I will be spending my weekends on for the next couple of months!!!

Anyone played the beta/alpha or any leaked versions? Can you say anything about gameplay?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Xi Arcane

Xi
    I concur. I was going to play Arena, but I think I will wait for this. (Sorry Worm L.)

^ Top  
  3. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Neener. Game is supposed to be less than fifteen hours or so.

^ Top  
  4. Mother Russia Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Codex 2013
    I wont be able to play on weekdays, so it's only be around 3-4 hours on saturday and sunday every week. If the game really is 15 hours only, I predict it should take me around a month and a half to two months to finish it the first time. Keep in mind that the 15 hours playtime is probably for someone who knows the game inside out. From the videos I have seen, the game is heavily inspired by Lands of Lore, one of the finest gems of all time. They have even modeled their traps and hidden switches after LoL. Now, the traps include pit traps, that make the party fall many floors down the dungeon, after which they have to backtrack and get back up, which adds time to the game.

Anyhow, I don't mind that the game is only around 15-20 hours, since it's play area is handcrafted. I would MUCH rather have a few hours of handcrafted quality dungeondelving, than hundreds of hours of randomized shit that is churned out by AAA devs.

^ Top  
  5. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    just saying ..

^ Top  
  6. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    So, about as long as the original Dungeon Master. I can live with that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    wait, wasnt this the game that promised random generated dungeons and outdoors? or was that that other game..?

^ Top  
  8. Falkner Thread Decliner Patron

Falkner
    Wasteland 2
    Wrong game.

^ Top  
  9. Xi Arcane

Xi

^ Top  
  10. asper Cipher

asper
    Project: Eternity
    I really hope they implemented hotkeys...! All that clicking...

A user toolkit for this game would be really neat... Has tons of potential for user-created content. Since the maps are tile-based creating a series of dungeons would be easy. If there is functionality for NPC's with dialogues, people could create some cool adventures...

^ Top  
  11. Xi Arcane

Xi
    They plan to release more content after this initial release. They'll add more functionality and more dungeon levels. Something like that.

^ Top  
  12. Outmind Scholar

Outmind
    The video you linked is at least 3 months old. I'm sure they made a lot of improvements since then.

^ Top  
  13. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    This sounds suspiciously like DLC.

What clicking? It all seemed pretty standard RT blobber stuff to me. Click to interact, click to attack, move by keyboard.

I wouldn't bet on it, given what this game is attempting to do, but I am willing to be proven wrong.

^ Top  
  14. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Shouldn't be nitpicking too much. It looks really nice and I' sure most Codexers will buy this.
    You get 15h for 15$ or so, that's allright. I'm also sure they release more content if the game is good.

^ Top  
  15. circ Arcane

circ
    Looks like an unimaginative Uukrul clone.

^ Top  
  16. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    In the end I got the game from the developers, for the DRM-free standalone installer, Steam key + possible Linux port in the future.

^ Top  
  17. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Dungeon Master came out earlier, IIRC.

^ Top  
  18. circ Arcane

circ
    Uukrul '88. Dungeon Master '92.

^ Top  
  19. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Apart from that I agree 100% on the message bro, but could you please change your avatar? I'm sure most people don't want to look at a turd every time you post.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    If only it was anything like Uukrul...

^ Top  
  21. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    DM was first published in 1987 on ATARI.

^ Top  
  22. circ Arcane

circ
    Oh. Even more unimaginative DM clone then.

^ Top  
  23. Xi Arcane

Xi
    Because these types of games are so common now, right? Enjoy the bioware turds.

To the DLC comment, well its more like releasing the game in sections. After all, it's 4 developers. So, get something out the door then keep expanding. I don't see anything wrong with this at the price point.

^ Top  
  24. asper Cipher

asper
    Project: Eternity
    It may be standard but I'd prefer to have the attacks bound to keyboard keys. A small thing to add and improves ease of play significantly.

In any case, I have preordered, as should any Codexer (that bitches about the current state of cRPGs).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Jasede Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Jasede
    Didn't Dungeon Master let you attack using the keyboard?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)