Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Grimrock

Multi-headed Cow

Stay strong, Peter! Think of the achievements!

Peter

Arcane
I'm sorry, man. It was too tempting. Download is at 50% already.

I have brought great shame to Gaben.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Still downloading the 450+ MB zip "installer". I hate this slow internet.

RatFink

Educated
yeah downloading!
ive been really lookin forward to this!

reading the manual now!
i know for this game thats probably not new...but in general..today..there is a manual:love:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Installed. Played around with the char-creator and saw the intro. Now I have to go to m'job. Does thinking about this game justify poor work performance? Seriously, it has been awhile since I've been this excited about a game. Watching that intro didn't help either, fffffuuuuuu

Eyeball

Arcane
Started playing this. 1 minotaur warrior, 1 human warrior, 1 lizard rogue and 1 human wizard.

Impressions so far: It is very pretty. Interface is very bad. Combat is INDESCRIBABLY AWFUL!

Seriously guys, is there some way I can one-click attack for my entire party or autoattack? I mean, I like the 90ies as much as the next man, but having to click each individual character portrait all the time to attack is a FUCKING TRAVESTY in this day and age.

Magic system looks promising, but the game doesn't really tell you how to use it at all.

Stabwound

Arcane
Yeah, I was disappointed that you can't even hotkey attacking to the keyboard. Considering it's a button-mashing affair (for non-magic) it would be much less of a carpal tunnel inducer if you could just hit 1-2 on the keyboard to make the front characters attack.

Peter

Arcane
This is actually my first real-time blobber, so I can't comment on how well this game holds up compared to it's predecessors :oops:. In any case, I'm finding it super fun. Character creation might be a bit bare bones, but it honestly doesn't bother me too much. Hotkeys would be nice, yes. And the rogue class seems kinda pointless. Some locks to pick and traps to detect would've made him much more useful.

Human Warrior, Minotaur Warrior, Lizard Rogue and Insect Mage here. Currently exploring level 2. Great, great fun so far.

Edit: So how do I actually download the Steam version? I want some obtuse software with useless features such as achievements and chat and whatnot between me and my video games :obviously: I have the "Legend of Grimrock Preorder" thing in my games library, but can't do anythin with it. When I go to the games page on the store and click "Play game" nothing seems to happen.

Also, top seller on Steam :incline:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just reached third floor. Human Fighter, Lizardman Fighter, Human Rogue and Human Mage. Having a blast so far - found some secrets, killed some undead bastards, the works. The only thing that irritates me is attacking by right clicking - my old DM reflexes die hard and I keep disarming my dudes. Also the spell system is a bit wonky - so far I have found three earth school spells, which is wonderful given that my earth skill is zero, one fire spell and one ice spell - is this just me sucking or are there no air spells on the first two floors?

JrK

Prophet
You can discover spells you are capable of casting by experimenting with the Rune interface.

I have one human fighter, one lizardman rogue, one human mage (earth magic, spellcraft, staff) and one insectoid mage (fire, ice). Dunno if I made a mistake with having one rogue as frontliner, but so far I've been doing fine. Rogue is evasion max, fighter is protection max (and a lot of HP).

Multi-headed Cow

Edit: So how do I actually download the Steam version? I want some obtuse software with useless features such as achievements and chat and whatnot between me and my video games :obviously: I have the "Legend of Grimrock Preorder" thing in my games library, but can't do anythin with it. When I go to the games page on the store and click "Play game" nothing seems to happen.
Restart Steam and then look at your library. Should remove the "Preorder" and have the game proper in there then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom