Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legend of Grimrock

Gord

Arcane
Big problem is how easy it is to gimp your party, i dont see any reason to pick rogue except as a front line fighter with evasion, you could think its fine in the back row with throwing weapons or bow yes, thats what i did until i realized than dexterity is completely worthless to a rogue in this game, Why ? theres not hit and miss on range, only strengh matter, so all the dex is only usefull for evasion, therefore completely useless in the backrow...

I guess it is useful if you swap wounded front-line characters with your rogue in the back-row. You can keep using the bow while avoiding hits. Will see how it turns out at higher levels, though.

What I am wondering right now is more, how many skills I can safely raise without loosing out too much on the high-skill level bonuses (argh, better spell that boni?).

Humanophage

Arcane
Is it possible to save a certain combination of runes in the mage's attack bar? It is highly annoying to have to click three times to cast a simple fireball. One can prepare a spell (click the relevant runes, then close it), but it resets after a single cast. This makes it extremely inconvenient to play more than one mage at present.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm using more runes than 1 now, and it's pretty easy so far. Juggling two mages will get harder as I progress though. I would like it if it saved the last used spell though. It's a pretty good system but it's handled shitty in the interface.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Jesus, how do you guys manage to find so many damn secrets just from the first levels?
I guess I just suck at it. I have no idea how I can miss so many of them though, because I'm looking around like crazy.

Eyeball

Arcane
I'm using more runes than 1 now, and it's pretty easy so far. Juggling two mages will get harder as I progress though. I would like it if it saved the last used spell though. It's a pretty good system but it's handled shitty in the interface.
Well, you CAN leave the spell window open and with the spell you want already loaded so you can get off a first shot with your spells when you run into monsters. Wouldn't work in prolonged fights though.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Did anyone find the sling on level 2? Because I didn't, and I was pretty sure I found everything. :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Did anyone solve the teleport puzzle on level 1?

I'm pretty sure there's a mechanic I don't know about yet. I can't get the switches to stay locked in so I can port into the cells.

Jesus, how do you guys manage to find so many damn secrets just from the first levels?
I guess I just suck at it. I have no idea how I can miss so many of them though, because I'm looking around like crazy.

Nah, I suck at it too :P

I have two secrets right now and I'm half-way through level 1.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Jesus fuck what teleport puzzle on level 1? I got through the whole level without finding a single teleport.

Eh, gonna go back.

Also, near the place where you meet a few snails (1 or 2 are behind a grate), in a dead end behind a grate I found a loose rock. Pressing it seems to open a grate but I can also open that same grate by putting a rock on a plate. Does that switch do something else?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Did anyone find the sling on level 2? Because I didn't, and I was pretty sure I found everything. :(
it' pretty easy to overlook since it's just lying on the floor and blending in with the dirt earth texture.
a lot of things are easy to overlook since they are lying on the floor or dropping from monsters, and sometimes drop in a way that will make it hard or impossible to pick up.
Did anyone solve the teleport puzzle on level 1?

I'm pretty sure there's a mechanic I don't know about yet. I can't get the switches to stay locked in so I can port into the cells.
teleporter on lvl 1? are you talking about the holding cells on level 2, maybe?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, holding cells on level 2, exactly. As I said I solved it :)

There's a bit too many of the secrets/puzzles that aren't that interesting because they're more pixel-hunting than anything else. However puzzles, when found, are so far excellent.

Peter

Arcane
God damn, level 3 was a bitch.

Anyway, still having a great time with it. I actually like the combat (fuck the spiders, though). And the atmosphere is amazing.

All in all, I :salute:Almost Human.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Has anyone found a list of all the spells, and their combinations? So far I have about 4 scrolls with rune combinations, of which I can use only two, and I know for a fact that there are a few more which I've unlocked, but I don't know the rune combinations for them.

Gord

Arcane
I'm pretty sure you can find one on the official forum, but wouldn't that kinda ruin the fun?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My thoughts exactly.

Yeah it's an awesome game all in all. Interface and and pixel-hunting are the only things I really dislike.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Okay, the level 2 puzzle/secret/whatever with some arrows behind some bars is officially driving me crazy!

Urgh I say urgh!

Peter

Arcane
Okay, the level 2 puzzle/secret/whatever with some arrows behind some bars is officially driving me crazy!

Urgh I say urgh!

Approach the cell from another direction

LOOSE BRICK

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
okay so I got to level 3 with my new party. fist-minotaur, axe-minotaur, 12assassin/*dagger human rogue, fire/spellcraft human mage.
my headhunter axe-minotaur just got his first skull. I hope there's plenty more. 3 attack power per skull!
assassin rogue = win. at skill 12 they can attack from back row with melee weapon.

I'm not sure how dual wielding works. Are there any benefits of having 2x daggers as a rogue or can the rogue be a torch-bitch?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's driving me nuts is that plate-looking armor thing in floor 5, and the slimes in floor 4. I don't know how to kill the slimes without dying and I can't reach the thing behind the grate. It's a grate in floor 5 that you get to from dropping down a hole in floor 4. Nobody seems to have figured out how to get there yet. I don't mean the gear key, that one is easy.

If this is anything like Dungeon Master there is no dual-wielding, feel free to use him for torch/compass.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Its a fine dungeon crawler , puzzles are quite challenging, i got stuck a bit on some of the first one. Problem is lot of save scumming or backtracking when fighting spiders, you get poisoned , you have no healing spells , or at least i have not found them, and not enough reagents for potions.
You find a sack containing basic alchemy recipes and supplies at the end of level 2. You should have it by now, and possibly the formula for antivenom as well.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I killed the green slimes through brute force; thank god for spec'ing missile weapons. Now to find out what this secret switch does...

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm playing an all-mage insectoid party on Hard. Have only beaten the first floor at the moment, but so far so good. Took me lots of reloads to find out some initial rune combinations, but that was the only irritating part. Controlling them isn't that hard once you memorize the combos.

Will only be able to play more extensively next week, though. Fucking work.

How your Wizardry 4 guide going?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I wonder if I should take the green gem back out after placing it for some later secret...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom