Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

Zer0wing

Cipher
Is this any better than War Thunder?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
One thing I find very promising, is that they didn't go beg for money on kickstater, but made a pitch to investors and actual investors put money into it instead of people, that's how it was done in 80's and 90's.

Luzur

Good Sir
MicroProse Returns and Announces New Game

The once popular game dev company, specializing mainly in strategy games and simulators - MicroProse - was acquired by David Lagettie. In a recent interview, he said that the first new titles will appear soon.

370930843.jpg

MicroProse is back and wants to conquer the simulator market again.
Older readers will surely remember the American company MicroProse, which at the turn of the 1980s created some of the most popular simulators and strategy games in the world. We're talking about titles like Sid Meier's Civilization, Sid Meier's Pirates! or Railroad Tycoon. We have good news for the fans of these games, because it seems that MicroProse has been revived and is brewing something interesting.

Earlier this year, rights to the MicroProse name were purchased by David Lagettie, the creator of one of the largest open-world simulators - TitanIM. David was also involved in the development of simulators used in the military. In an interview for PC Pilot we can read that he wants to go back to the roots and produce high-quality strategy games and simulators, for which MicroProse was once known. Some of them will be announced later this year, and the first game – Warbirds 2020 – will appear in late 2019 or in the first quarter of 2020. It is also worth noting that Lagettie convinced Bill Stealey, the former owner of the company and co-founder of the Sid Meier's series, to work together.

The company's official Twitter account has been showing graphics promoting the games currently under development for some time, but they don't reveal much information about upcoming titles.

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/microprose-returns-and-announces-new-game/z910a7

grimace

Arcane
Earlier this year, rights to the MicroProse name were purchased by David Lagettie, the creator of one of the largest open-world simulators - TitanIM.

WHAT IS TitanIM?
A global sandbox. An open world. A complete ecosphere in which to create, to experiment - to experience.

There are no limits in TitanIM, geographically or conceptually.

TitanIM is a simulation software platform offering a genuinely new capability. Within minutes of picking up TitanIM for the first time, a user can leverage a whole world representation of Earth and create a new scenario, modify the environment, or participate as a virtual entity - at any point around the world.

http://titanim.net/www/index.php/page

Has David Lagettie gotten the permission to release military grade video games under MicroProse branding?

grimace

Arcane

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
MicroProse's name is back, nothing more.

I also couldn't care less about vehicle sim games.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Sooo... Falcon 5.0 on the horizon?

I'm not sure if they have the rights any more to much of their old catalog, but it would be cool to see new versions of Pirates Gold, Silent Service, or Across the Rhine as well.

tindrli

Arcane
well thats refreshing. i hope that they will survive and that they will do better than Tool with their last album that we waited for 13 years

and what about true Master of orion II

microprose can't be microprose anymore.
back when we were young, microprose gave us technological marvels, some of the most advanced games those computers could run. they can't do that, they can't be "microprose" again, i expect one or two weak reboots, some half-assed no man's sky wannabe at best and be done with it.

Data4

Arcane
back when we were young, microprose gave us technological marvels, some of the most advanced games those computers could run. they can't do that, they can't be "microprose" again, i expect one or two weak reboots, some half-assed no man's sky wannabe at best and be done with it.

Do you remember when Falcon 3.0 helped sell math co-processors in the 386 days to open up the advanced flight model? Ah... those were the days.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Looks like they will impress once again

EDvPs9cUUAACR2o.jpg

Data4

Arcane
That TitanIM thing is just an Outerra license. I guess something might finally come of it.

I wish you were referring to the game company Legend: I want to see more Spellcasting, Gateway, Eric the Unready and Superhero League of Hoboken games.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Quite a guy, the founder: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...of-microprose-and-return-of-wild-bill-stealey

By 2002, the MicroProse name was no more -- and Lagettie was determined to learn why.

"Since 2005, I've been trying to find out what happened to MicroProse and dreamed of bringing it back," he tells GamesIndustry.biz. "At the time, I was working on military simulations and I had this burning ambition to [restore Microprose]. I always thought it was quite unjust that Microprose had basically been put on a shelf."

Over the past few years, Lagettie has been acquiring all the trademarks and copyrights he could manage, including the original logo. And this week, his master plan was unveiled: MicroProse is publishing once more, with three games announced and around 20 more lined up -- all developed by external studios, some of which employ former MicroProse developers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom