Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legends of Amberland - oldschool open world blobber

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Version 0.90 released

This version is storyline complete, which means every single map area, location, NPC and quest is done. Some of the things might be unpolished and rough but overall the game is complete starting of this version. What's left is the finial linguistic check, audio adjustments, manual and minor interface tweaks.

Therefore, I announce the final release of the game on 1 August 2019.

- [design] Finished Elven Village.
- [design] Added a first town inn patron with a tip about Griffin Rider Guild.
- [design] Finished all existing inn patrons.
- [design] At least one patron in each inn (both towns and castles) now.
- [design] Fixed dragon's cave cell.
- [design] Finished Iron Keep.
- [design] Finished one subarea in the snow zone (previously this are was blocked, now you can enter it).
- [design] Added one NPC in the snow zone and finished all NPCs in that area.
- [design] Added Black Dragon's lair.
- [design] Finished smaller NPCs (1x Librarian, 1x Duke, 1x Courtier, 1x Royal Mines Supervisor).
- [design] Lord in Oldrock castle now gives you a quest (note that the quest might not work if you started the game before v0.90, anyway, it's a minor quest).
- [design] Finished Crystal Tower (also a way to access it).
- [design] Finished 3 Towers of Fire.

- [misc] Healer ability renamed from Restoration to Recovery (it was confusing since it was identical to a spell name).
- [misc] Added detailed tooltips to around 50% of quests (the rest will be done in the next version).

- [gfx] Separate images for elven and dwarven huts.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
LordArchibald

With the pending release of the Forgotten Crown upcoming, I don't recall if it was ever mentioned, have you thought about designing an overworld map for Amberland like the old Might & Magic games? Either digital, or if you raise enough funds, you could get a stylized map made by that Francesca lady:

http://www.francescabaerald.com/maps/
Interesting stuff... But what exactly do you mean? Like something physical to send to players? Or digital (picture) included with the game somewhere?

Dorateen

Arcane
LordArchibald

With the pending release of the Forgotten Crown upcoming, I don't recall if it was ever mentioned, have you thought about designing an overworld map for Amberland like the old Might & Magic games? Either digital, or if you raise enough funds, you could get a stylized map made by that Francesca lady:

http://www.francescabaerald.com/maps/
Interesting stuff... But what exactly do you mean? Like something physical to send to players? Or digital (picture) included with the game somewhere?

Digital distribution was what I had in mind. While an artistic map might be a bit excessive for this project, I think seeing the zones of Amberland all fit together including points of interest, would be pretty cool.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Version 0.91 released

A boring version containing fixes mostly. Also finished audio and made all trolls resistant to cold.

- [design] Added third exotic food (somehow I forgotten to add it earlier so the cook quest was impossible to finish).

- [misc] All trolls are resistant to cold now (it's more consistent and intuitive).

- [audio] Finished audio (replaced remaining placeholder sounds with proper ones).

- [fix] Heavy Forge Armor was giving immunity instead of resistance.
- [fix] Magic doors in Ogre forts were unlockable.
- [fix] Description of Character button was showing wrong default hotkey.
- [fix] Healer's Regeneration spell was not working under certain conditions.
- [fix] Arcane Mastery talent not working.

FINAL RELEASE 1ST AUGUST 2019!

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Okay, I’ll buy it.

Man I hate the graphics, but gameplay looks pretty good and that makes me excited.
:bounce:

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Okay, I’ll buy it.

Man I hate the graphics, but gameplay looks pretty good and that makes me excited.
:bounce:
:D
I keep my personal list of reactions to the game graphics, overall those are:
a) the art is fantastic, I love it!
b) the art is awful, how could you do it, you will burn it hell for this!
c) one does not play such games for art, it does not matter, it's about the story

and now I'm adding a new category introduced by you
d) the art is impossibly ugly but I will bear it because I love the other things

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
All right, it's almost the end, what's left is finishing some minor stuff and waiting for the 1st August.

Therefore, I would like to thank RPGCodex community for the welcome I got here. It was a nice place for me to post during development, one where I wasn't troubling myself too much with marketingish stuff but where I could post if I have some dilemma and overall, as a developer, I could use somewhat loose communitation which was kind of, well, relaxing for me :)
I just wish there were other similar communites for other types of games I make (like strategies), since it was quite a nice place for me as a developer.

So, more about the plans after release. First I will take some break from RPGs, it's a good thing creatively wise to make such break. But after I make some 4X stuff (expansion for Stellar Monarch) I will consider making Legends of Amberland II. The process was quite nice (usually at this stage of the project I'm more beat up and fed up, strangely the finisher of Legends of Amberland was not that bad for me as a developer). In short, there are very high chances for me to make Legends of Amberland II.

Mustawd

The only thing that bothers me, artwise, is the low resolution of the monsters. No reason the detail needs to be so low.

Everything else I love.

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
You aren't finished after release. We'll need you for post release updates to fix the inevitable bugs people find.
I know, it's like my 10th commercial game, I'm used to post release support :) But for this I need like 2 days each month (typically the after release bugs are quick to fix). I meant production wise (next thing in active development).

Anyway, to clear all possible misunderstandings and fears there will be post release support for at least several years after release (just like for Stellar Monarch and Automobile Tycoon). I'm a full time developer, it's not a hobby or a part time job, I will have the time & will for support.

Don't forget the manual and LoA V2.
The final version of manul is just being assembled, it will be ready on release day or earlier.

V_K

Arcane
The final version of manul is just being assembled
Pallass_cat-6.jpg

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Looks good and I am glad I only found about this little gem so close to the release.

I hope GOG approves your game through its dubious curating process otherwise I will have to ask you what other drm free options will be available. Is it going to be possible to purchase it directly from your website?

Chris Koźmik

Silver Lemur Games
Developer
Version 0.92 released

This version deals with some last minute bugs, contains finished descriptions for all quests and locations and has balance adjustments for Hard and Insane difficulty levels.

- [design] Added detailed tooltips for all quests.
- [design] Finished descriptions for all locations.

- [misc] Removed "Fix #1 - Emergency Teleport" option since it's no longer needed.
- [misc] Removed Hot Keys list from help screen (redundant and misleading since those can be checked and rebinded on Options/Controls tab).

- [manual] Updated in-game manual.

- [balance] Hard difficulty: damage of monsters increased slightly.
- [balance] Insane difficulty: damage of monsters increased significantly.

- [interface] Adjusted links on main screen.

- [fix] Two unreachable gates in the Tower of Lava.
- [fix] Ice Queen quest bug.

FULL RELEASE 1st AUGUST (in 3 days)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom