Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Leigh Alexander being a dumb bitchy cunt

Phelot

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
People sometimes just block out knowledge. God knows I tried to teach my boss (a middle aged woman) how to use a browser for a long time, and every single day she'll manage to fuck up, like closing tabs on accident, or opening a hundred instances of Word. Whenever I ask why she forgot what she learned the day before, she throws her arms up and says HUE HEU HUE HEUHUEUHUEHUEHEUEHUE HUEHEUHUEHUEHE

I've noticed the theme with these journalists is that they first establish that they've been a gamer for years "I was happy when I didn't have to memorize dem IRQs and stuff. ROFL I had a soundblaster!" Then they proceed to explain why all these games were shit because the tutorial didn't immerse them enough.

It'd be nice if there was a semi popular journalist that would call out all these others, someone like Jon Stewart, but funny and likable.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
phelot said:
I've noticed the theme with these journalists is that they first establish that they've been a gamer for years "I was happy when I didn't have to memorize dem IRQs and stuff. ROFL I had a soundblaster!" Then they proceed to explain why all these games were shit because the tutorial didn't immerse them enough.

They have to throw that qualifier out there to try and fool the reader into believing they know what they're talking about. Leigh Alexander just wants to bitch about men, not about gaming. She wants you to know she's MAD AS HELL AND SHE'S NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!

Renegen

Arcane
There's nothing new with journalists being retarded. After all, you created a thread about her, some clicked the link. Journalists are just professional trolls, and make money from your tears.

But also I have a suspicison these articles are trying to push an agenda, which as usual depends on who pays them. Her arguments are bullshit. If you pick the wrong abilities in Deus Ex, you won't play an "inferior version of the game". The whole design philosophy of RPGs is to allow many different types of characters and to make them all viable. What she did there was superimpose the linear 10h 3rd person popamole shooter philosophy over Deus Ex to make it sound like having choices is bad.

Also, saying you quit "PC gaming" at Doom sounds pretty retarded. It barely existed. PC gaming really exploded and started being influencial in the gaming industry precisely after Doom came out and especially in the late 90s.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Renegen said:
Also, saying you quit "PC gaming" at Doom sounds pretty retarded. It barely existed. PC gaming really exploded and started being influencial in the gaming industry precisely after Doom came out and especially in the late 90s.

Thats for her Hipster cred, she got out on the ground floor before it took off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom