Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Leonard Boyarsky Interview at Hellgate Guru

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
bhlaab said:
Hm. What do you think are the chances of someone like Leonard Boyarsky leaving Blizzard and Diablo 3 behind to work for Double Bear?

Like, 50/50 right?
Only a damn fool would leave a good position at Blizzard to work at a small indie. No offense to Double Bear, but I imagine Leon is quite enjoying those Blizzard cheques. :cool:

Texas Red

Whiner
Fat Dragon said:
bhlaab said:
Hm. What do you think are the chances of someone like Leonard Boyarsky leaving Blizzard and Diablo 3 behind to work for Double Bear?

Like, 50/50 right?
Only a damn fool would leave a good position at Blizzard to work at a small indie. No offense to Double Bear, but I imagine Leon is quite enjoying those Blizzard cheques. :cool:

I wouldn't underestimate a new, different venture, especially if it has a few names to it and an almost finished, good looking project. Leonard can choose between being pushed around by the Marketing Department, working on games without actually creating anything, or being part of a new project where he will have a chance to materialize his visions and make games which he likes. The Double Bear/ITS option sounds at least compelling.

J1M

Arcane
Hellgate fansite outlived hellgate game, hahaha.

Dionysus

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
I wouldn't underestimate a new, different venture, especially if it has a few names to it and an almost finished, good looking project. Leonard can choose between being pushed around by the Marketing Department, working on games without actually creating anything, or being part of a new project where he will have a chance to materialize his visions and make games which he likes. The Double Bear/ITS option sounds at least compelling.
It would be compelling for someone young, without serious financial responsibilities, and without a chance in hell to get a position like Boyarski's current job. It would be a retarded move for a life-long videogame artist that's working as the lead world designer for a huge game.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dark Individual said:
Fat Dragon said:
bhlaab said:

Like, 50/50 right?

Leonard can chose between probably $80,000 a year working for Blizzard or maybe getting payed a fraction of that if whatever he produces working for an indie company is successful (which is in no way a certain thing).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, but this time with a producer that knows his business and won't let them start anything they'd never be able to finish...

Lurkar

Scholar
janjetina said:
MetalCraze said:
Redding is teh hard

If you continue down this path, you'll soon be indistinguishable from the illiterate Bethesda fanboy crowd.

Not really.

Diablo never claimed to be a hardcore old school RPG. It knows from the start that it's firmly in the "Action" genre. Reading through long obtuse amounts of text wouldn't help the game, only hinder it.

In Oblivion, we saw a genre that's supposed to have depth lose it. In Diablo, a genre that's really not supposed to have any depth at all is gaining it.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
lovecraftian is a buzzword now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom