Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let’s command you guys in Firefight !

boot

Prophet
German, squad leader, 1944

Citizen

No USSR? :cry:

then AMERIKUH! FUCK YEAH! I wanna be a tank btw
1r415h.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
We have + 2 French vote and + 1 German slot; so the French win...

... but I have too many players, so I ll actually do both.

And we are going to play

FIREFIGHT. The Close Combat clone where the enemy is smart and that does not bother with a campaign.

So here is our scenario for today :

Featuring the German force, which is led by :

Leutnant (Lt.) Egosphere, for the small tank forces.
He commands his own Pz38(t) but also the two other tanks, both Pz38(t). Those two tanks have for commanders Oberfeldwebel (Ob.) Azira and Unterfeldwebel (U.) mondblut

Leutnant (Lt.) Catacombs, for the infantry. He leads his own squad (10 riflemen + 1 MG) but also the two other infantry squads of Unterfeldwebel (U.) CappenVarra and Unterfeldwebel (U.) boot . Those two squads are also 10 riflemen + 1 MG.

Finally, Lt Catacombs also commands Obergefreiter (OG.) Sukhāvatī mortar squad, which is only one mortar.

This is the initial deployment :

Deployment4.png

The Germans have received intel that a French force is about to protect the general area, and it is now time for them to discuss their tactics to seize the enemy position. Of course, Lt Egosphere and Lt. Catacombs will be able to pull ranks in case of disagreement.

This is what the German must seize :

Battleground2.png

The French HQ is suspected to be on the middle-top of the map - that what the German must occupy.

[Notes :

Leutnant > Oberfeldwebel > Unterfeldwebel > Obergefreiter

Should I ever receive reinforcement, the following players did not request to be French and will be on the line :

- Falksi, for tank
- Tindrli, for support // APC
- Eryfkrad for infantry
- Storyfag, for tanks
- DarthRoxxor, for whatever I receive]

Last edited:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
And final note : I ll adjust the size of the image & font better from the next part. This should be enough for the moment.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
your orders, Lt. Catacombs? :salute:

moving along the row of houses to the right and then up through the sneaky sneaky forest so we're not seen as long as possible?
or
going up the hill to observe the opposition, deploy the MG up high to oversee the approach, and be seen and bombarded in turn?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Images don't show up for me when I click the teeny tiny specks of hotlink pixels. Anyone else with the same issue?

Other than that, I have complete faith that you will succeed in decimating those pesky Germans :salute:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Images don't show up for me when I click the teeny tiny specks of hotlink pixels. Anyone else with the same issue?

Other than that, I have complete faith that you will succeed in decimating those pesky Germans :salute:
Found a way to improve the image quality a lot. Please enjoy.

Egosphere

Arcane
Massing on one of the roads will crimp maneuverability. We could move north, then split at the first fork in the road. 2 continue on north to the triangular yard, whilst the 3rd moves east up to the forested area, or, optionally, turns left into the courtyard before reaching it. If we encounter anything before that industrial area, I'd prefer to hit it from 2 sides.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Let's move north, up the road, splitting the squad into two, five-men groups.

The first, alpha, will move along the row houses, checking the houses, and
making sure we won't get ambushed from the buildings. The second, bravo, will follow
along the street and treeline, watching the clearing and keeping eyes ahead.

This sounds great. Apologies, if I'm slow to respond. I'll participate
as much as I can.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

making sure we won't get ambushed from the buildings. The second, bravo, will follow

as much as I can.
Nice plan but the game does not allow squad splitting I am afraid. You are not Walter Model :)

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

as much as I can.
Nice plan but the game does not allow squad splitting I am afraid. You are not Walter Model :)

OK! I'll revise the orders:

CappenVarra can clear the houses along the western road and position an MG on
the second story of one the houses. We'll want the west covered for now.

Meanwhile, boot can move his troops north east, through the houses and forests,
watching the north and north west.

My troops will slow move along the road to the brush at the edge of the hill.
Our mortar will delay back and be prepared to provide covering fire when ordered.

Egosphere

Arcane
My strategem:

tzZNJNP.png

I split off and go to E1, whilst Azira and mondblut go to the fork in the road. If I don't see anyone to the east, then Azira makes his way to A1, mondblut to M1, whilst I hold at E1. If it's all clear for Mondblut and Azira, then I push to E2. By now I should have spotted someone, so Mondblut and Azira maneuver to M2 and A2 (whichever position is more appropriate for the latter) to engage. I'm not sure how effective M2 will be. If I've spotted someone in the main northern industrial district, then you should be able to get line of sight without even having to drive in between the buildings, but that might not be the case in the actual game. So if M2 is a dud, then mondblut can simply move farther north from M1 to creep out from behind the building and engage from there, with the little elevation to the north acting as cover. I don't want anyone getting funneled into the giant railway track clearance in the centre.

Egosphere

Arcane
Lookis like infantry and armor is not really coordinating. I like that. I will "resolve" in the coming hours.

I can slow down, so that CappenVarra will be nearby as I move up to E1. Once Azira and Mondblut reach the fork in the road, they should be able to see if there's anyone behind the hillocks, so the the way for boot and Catacomb will be clear to cross the park and take the high ground. Also, I did say that every stage of the plan only goes ahead if there's no resistance. If, for example, Azira spots someone at A1, then I can turn north east at E1, reach M1 and go east to provide support. If Azira's way is clear, but I spot someone to my left at the journey to E2, then Mondblut can leave M1 and go a little north to support me, etc. Basically, I want to do it piecemeal, with at least 2 tanks engaging every target from 2 different directions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom