Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's all play Fabled Lands!

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Check out the harbor.

protobob

Liturgist
Go back to yellowport!

slightly off topic: I managed to finish the first book (as far as I can tell) on hardcore. Died 2-3 times, but I had rez insurance, and I lost all my stuff a few times (thankfully I keep non-replacebales in my house (crosses fingers).

I'm sort of too scared to work on book 2. Already managed too loose all my stuff again...such a pain.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Do we have to do anything to become an initiate ?

It's 40 shards to become an initiate of Alvir and Valmir and 75 for the Three Fortunes. We have 12 shards.

We don't have the money to buy a ship or trade goods, however we can pay for passage to Marlock City (5 shards) or Dweomer (8 shards)

From Wishport you have the option to put to sea, take the road to Haggart’s Corner, or travel cross-country. In order to go by sea, you must either possess a ship which is docked in the harbour (check the Ship’s Manifest) or find a captain who is willing to take you as a passenger.

Take the road north turn to 263
Go west towards Metriciens turn to 101
Go east into the fens turn to 219
Or pay for passage to Marlock City/Dweomer

Golnir-1.jpg

Erebus

Arcane
Let's go east, I feel like wandering in a swamp and eating crocodile meat.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Flat waterlogged ground surrounds you in all directions. A few trees stretch forlornly into the sky above banks of reeds. These are the Magwort Fens.

Make a SCOUTING roll at a Difficulty of 13.

(our scouting is 2, we have no chance)

There is a defiant squeal and a warthog comes squelching through the rushes towards you. It is a big pig.

Warthog, COMBAT 5, Defence 6, Stamina 7

it kills us.

Maybe we shouldn't go east?

Take the road north turn to 263
Go west towards Metriciens turn to 101
Or pay for passage to Marlock City/Dweomer

Erebus

Arcane
Yay, I managed to kill us for the first time !

Obviously, we're more of a city guy. Let's go to Metriciens.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
This part of the country is infamous as the haunt of brigands, smugglers and witches.

Wily brigands have set a concealed trap out of the downs. To spot it in time to avoid getting caught, you need to make a SCOUTING roll at a Difficulty of 12.

The sides of the pit are funnelled to prevent you climbing out. After a while the brigands arrive, dropping a net to ensnare you. They strip you of all your possessions and cash ( cross them off your Adventure Sheet). They are about to slit your throat when one of them thinks to ask if you have any money invested with the merchants’ guild. ‘Enough to pay a ransom of 150 Shards, say?’

We don't have 150 shards. They kill us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom