Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Let's all rage together at "PC Gamer"s latest "top 100" "pc games" list

Should "PC Gamer" be exterminated

• yes

• absolutely

• definitely

• START THE OVENS! (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.
And FFS, Mass Effect 2???????? Christ alive when will these fucktards start to realize how inferior this was to the original?

Inferior in which aspect? Mass Effect's gameplay was pretty much bottom of the barrel stuff, while the sequel got the gunplay right at least.

In every other aspect.

And it's a myth ME2's gunplay is better anyway. Due to the fact you're so reliant on cover, I much prefer ME1's combat.

Well the visual feedback from firing the weapon is much better in the sequel, since in the original shooting enemies had no "punch", which sucked all the fun from the combat. Mechanics-wise just the fact that you could pause the time whenever you wanted to safely target the enemies makes both equally terrible.

And I really don't remember many things being better in the original besides maybe the plot. The sequel had better written dialogue as well.

Falksi

Arcane
Well the visual feedback from firing the weapon is much better in the sequel, since in the original shooting enemies had no "punch", which sucked all the fun from the combat. Mechanics-wise just the fact that you could pause the time whenever you wanted to safely target the enemies makes both equally terrible.

And I really don't remember many things being better in the original besides maybe the plot. The sequel had better written dialogue as well.

ME2's combat was rotten for me. Unnatural stick-to cover which made everything feel binary, and Sheppard would often drift left/right at will with no user input on the 360. Awful.

Play it again mate. The original is a different class. ME2's ok, but it's watered down in comparison.

I still don't get your point about ME2 being too cover-based since both of them use cover extensively, save for the ExoGeni mission, the Matriarch mission, and the final fight. I guess you liked these missions the most.

Sentinel

Arcane
yeah that has got to be one of the worst top 100 lists I've ever seen.

kotor2 that low, dishonored 2 that high (a game that had its PC version completely fucking butchered), Overwatch, Dark Souls... what the fuck.

Ebonsword

Arcane
Dragon's Dogma isn't even on the list, yet Skryrim is Top 10?!

Time for the pitchforks!

:mob:

Parabalus

Arcane
Top 100 POPAMOLE is more accurate.

Interesting that PC Gamer gave Dark Souls 3 94%, but gave Dark Souls PTD Edition only 89% yet ranked it higher. It's almost as if they're a bunch of fuckwits staining the earth with retarded viewpoints.

And FFS, Mass Effect 2???????? Christ alive when will these fucktards start to realize how inferior this was to the original?

That always puzzles me how people rate ME2 as the best, consider it worse than both 1 and 3 myself.

dishonored 2 that high (a game that had its PC version completely fucking butchered),

Was release that bad? I played it a few months ago and had no problems.

wyes gull

Savant
This is like arguing with that one facebook idiot that thinks the Onion is a legitimate news source.

Acknowledging this sort of shitty clickbait is asking for an ulcer.

J1M

Arcane
The most shocking this about this list is how many people PC Gamer still has on payroll.

hellbent

Augur
The most shocking this about this list is how many people PC Gamer still has on payroll.

Or that they still have a print edition, for that matter.

This list makes IGN look like bastions of gaming journalism integrity.

Falksi

Arcane
I still don't get your point about ME2 being too cover-based since both of them use cover extensively, save for the ExoGeni mission, the Matriarch mission, and the final fight. I guess you liked these missions the most.

Definitely, the ExoGeni one especially. Clicking a button into cover just feels binary. It digitizes the process. Moving into it feels more natural.

I much prefer the heat sync system to the ammo one too.

ME2 just embodies all the shifts made to accommodate Joe Casual, and I hate it for that. I hate how it's on lists such as these, yet - like Skyrim - it's actually the influence which green lit a lot of bad gaming practices, and the watering down of RPGs past tipping point for me. I'm all for including Joe Casual, but not at the expense of depth, and that's what happened with ME2.

It's still not a bad game at all. It's just sad to see a game which promoted decline so much always get so praised.

Last edited:

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Never? it is generally considered to be one of defining games of the previous console generation and, as I have said previously, it is always near the top of these lists.

Falksi

Arcane
Never? it is generally considered to be one of defining games of the previous console generation and, as I have said previously, it is always near the top of these lists.

And that makes me sad.

Not because ME2 is a bad game, it's not. It's just a perfect example of how to take a better game and run it through the "decline" process. Bizarely to sell more and get more praise.

Fuckinghell I'd wipe the cunting game reviewers who think ME2>ME1 right off the face of the planet.

Dux

Arcane
Oh my what a splendiferous list that is, golly gee! What a ragged band of boors they are.

Spelunk my nuts.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Imagine your average literary or film critic outlets publishing such a trashy list in their respective medium. Kek.

Here's what the top 10 movies ever would look like

Fifty Shades of Grey
Transformers 15
"Star Trek" 2009
Baywatch
Alien: Covenant
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Rogue One
Suicide Squad
The Mummy 2017
Power Rangers

Inferior in which aspect? Mass Effect's gameplay was pretty much bottom of the barrel stuff, while the sequel got the gunplay right at least.
Then why aren't you talking about ME3 instead?

Ash

Arcane

And that makes me sad.

Not because ME2 is a bad game, it's not. It's just a perfect example of how to take a better game and run it through the "decline" process. Bizarely to sell more and get more praise.

Fuckinghell I'd wipe the cunting game reviewers who think ME2>ME1 right off the face of the planet.

They're both shit.

Black_Willow

Arcane
MxAxs6f.jpg
Is that Scrooge ?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

Fifty Shades of Grey
Transformers 15
"Star Trek" 2009
Baywatch
Rogue One
Suicide Squad
The Mummy 2017
Power Rangers

You're forgetting the Twilight, Hunger Games and every Marvel movie.

Ash

Arcane
Imagine your average literary or film critic outlets publishing such a trashy list in their respective medium. Kek.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Transformers 15
"Star Trek" 2009
Baywatch
Rogue One
Suicide Squad
The Mummy 2017
Power Rangers?

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom