Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's avoid world getting destroyed by anomaly in openxcom

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
On 26th January another UFO was spotted.
hxiuDyM.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It was intercepted by Interceptor 2 from the East Coast base and exploded mid-air after being hit with an Avalanche missile.
8YWLIIm.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Another UFO was detected on 1st February. An Interceptor from West Europe intercepted it and destroyed with an Avalanche missile.
tSDywX2.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fifth UFO was detected over USA on 9th February. Interceptor 1 has scrambled to intercept it. A Skyranger was also sent out in case the UFO would land.
1s6jcnS.png

Last edited:
In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Both planes were tracking it until Hawaii where it was attacked by Interceptor 1. It was damaged with a Stingray missile and crash landed. Skyranger 1 landed near it.
2rwAtyv.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Immediately after landing, the X-Com operatives started cleaning up suspicious looking buildings. High Explosives and Thermobaric Rockets were used extensively. General situation half a minute after deployment:
LtHnBEk.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
First X-Com casualty occurred when the HWP missed a building with a snap-shot and accidentally hit ground near an X-Com operative. The operative died from injuries several seconds later.
JMLGS16.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
About a minute into the mission, first alien was spotted by advancing X-Com soldiers. It was a small humanoid. Soldier which had a prepared Thermobaric Rocket tried to hit it but missed, obscuring the view.
hAlb31T.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Second casualty occurred when a soldier was shoot when he crossed a corner of a small shed. The alien was spotted by another soldier who was near.
waTg4Xp.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
The mission is over. Two aliens were killed at cost of two X-Com operatives. No UFO parts were recovered.
uaBDrOe.png

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
X-Com bases were being developed in a following way:
-East Coast. Research base. 2 Interceptors from the 1st Interceptor Flight. 1 Skyranger.
-West Coast. Research base. 1 Interceptor from the 1st Interceptor Flight. 1 AWACS.
-West Europe. Interceptor base. 2 Interceptors from the 2nd Interceptor Flight.
-North Europe. Research base. 1 Interceptor from the 2nd Interceptor Flight. 1 AWACS.
-China. Interceptor base. 2 Interceptors from the 3rd Interceptor Flight.
-Japan. Research base. 2 Interceptors from the 4th Interceptor Flight.
-India. Interceptor base. 2 Interceptors from the 5th Interceptor Flight. 1 AWACS.
-Israel. Interceptor base. 2 Interceptors from the 6th Interceptor Flight.

Construction of laboratories was most advanced in the East Coast and West Coast. The only ongoing research was Medi-Kit, researched by 40 scientists in the East Coast laboratories.

AWACS were flying on patrols over Russia.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
4 of the aliens were humanoids. 16 were monsters.

Waaat?

If I correctly guess what you did here, I forsee all sorts of FUN when 4 Sectoids bring about 16 Cyberdiscs along to play. Or 4 Snakemen bring 16 Chryssalids :D
Pb9RahZ.jpg

IIRC my previous let's play had half of a town turned into Chryssalids.

Yeah, terror sites are now basically aliens dumping a leader and a few soldiers and a lot of terror units and flying away. (ship crew doesn't participate in terror attack, they go back to Mars).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Another UFO contact was made on 13th February over Europe. An Interceptor was scrambled from the Western Europe base.
XygfVzP.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom