Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Descend into the EΨE of Divine Cybermancy

Is the metastreumatic force (chaos) just a delusion?

• Total voters

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't really see it as a broken translation, but as what the common language has become in the distant future - a combination of english, russian and chinese, some have also claimed to hear latin in there.

(I kinow it's also a clever way to reduce voiceover costs, but it's done pretty well and rather this than no voiceover or shitty cheap voiceover)

The fact that the dialogue (written text) is in English, is so that we understand what is going on. It's like playing Stalker with Russian audio and English subs. I guess the blended pseudo-language is a bit too hardcore for some so now we have the decline fan made english voiceovers.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The veiled white-clad ladies are also....odd.
Synicle? Well, iirc, their origin is partially explained in the lore, unless I confuse it with something else.
I remember there were 3 of them on that Vindico station, you could talk to them and learn some sort of a tale. Don't remember the exact place, though.
They're very well explained if you finish the game 3 times and get the "true" ending.

SoupNazi

Bought the game based on this LP. Will not read any further :( hopefully it was worth it!

Best game of 2011.

f76609b3bedc7e528ecffdf97e2491ff.png

:obviously:

Honestly, video would do more justice to the game's awesome gunplay.

We should multi again. Farm some brouzoufs

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Multiplayer EYE was really fun. Anyone know if there are any trainers for this to gain loot ? I really don't feel like grinding more for my Excidium :(

flabbyjack

Arcane
Jaedar The grind is not bad if you use the Bear Killer and go troll Mars. Alternatively load up a money map (Use 'start server' and select the map, I guess?). For example, http://eyedc.gamebanana.com/maps/159542 I have not verified this map myself

The fact that the dialogue (written text) is in English, is so that we understand what is going on. It's like playing Stalker with Russian audio and English subs. I guess the blended pseudo-language is a bit too hardcore for some so now we have the decline fan made english voiceovers.
The Sims had pseudo-language 'blah blah blah' and casual gamers ate that shit up.

I switched over to a higher level character and placed him at the same spot of the story we are at. I amped up difficulty and willl keep weapon/ability to use to about where it should be for the given part of the game as if it were a first-run play through.

It resumes. More Galaktakon music to set the mood
BFcsBTU.jpg

PC arrives in New Eden, with his assault rifle and medkit ready to go.

YMwb6Bq.jpg

An operative is there to greet us at the landing platform.

1tH9cYJ.jpg
Cassius: The feds have New Eden on lock down. Your Mentor managed to get through and is waiting for you there. As HQ probably explained to you, the only way to join up with him is to infiltrate through the industrial zone.
Zvhua0p.jpg
What is this place?
1tH9cYJ.jpg
It's an insturial zone that has been entirely automated decades ago by the corporation that controls it. A group of looters and smugglers have been squatting the sector recently. Several groups of looters and bandits hold the area. They organize their patrols, and watch the main buildings. I'd take a BOSCO rifle to stay hidden with its silencer if I were you. You'll have to take an elevator that's somewhere around here. The problem is that you'll be easily spotted by the security system if you activate it.
Zvhua0p.jpg
Every system has its flaws...
1tH9cYJ.jpg
No, it's the Corporate area management security system. It was first conceived to avoid intrusions into the lower city.
Zvhua0p.jpg
NOBODY TELLS ME NO. NOBODY!
PC proceeded to slay Cassius and put an end to his ramblings for this cycle.

LxTDqIN.jpg

We grab a BOSCO rifle from the armory, and some fully-automatic pistols for close range.
.309 Wall piercing, silencer
Semi-automatic, capacity 25 rounds
Accurate out to 700 yards
Zoom x2, x3
Damage 125-165

aa5UttB.jpg

BK13 dual pistols
0.45 ACP wall piercing
Average recoil, semi-auto and fully auto modes of operation
40 round capacity
Damage 70-103

Medium armor for enhanced speed, but that lowers armor by quite a bit.

Ou1zecj.jpg

Some bandits almost immediately spot the PC and open fire. They are no match for a bullet through the brain.

MQfG1yi.jpg

Cens69M.jpg

The first NPC we encounter shows some deference, but he's a heathen so we plaster the brick wall with his insides. Rats feast on his entrails now.

lYKiOBy.jpg

Blocking bullets with a katana in the catacombs. You can guess how this ends.

qhQIVe7.jpg

Here's a view of the alternative UI screen. Is that a corpse hanging up there?

3TCRtwv.jpg

We find time to hack the sentries, that should keep the bandits off our backs and turn this into a safe building.

PWEhtyO.jpg

yoqUNbz.jpg

But one kamikaze rushes in with some grenades. We rush out and place a katana where his spine should be.

Here's a view of my current research:
7hPVZcO.jpg

Generation 2 Bioregeneration
"The Immortality's doors open to us"
When research is complete, this text is replaced by a full technical explanation and gameplay modifiers. At minimum, research opens up new research.

We take the long way around, and find a Fed hiding in a building. We have to move over to the corner to avoid being spotted from patrols outside.
oPIdPcf.jpg

This guy's name is Thorn, named thusly because is a a thorn in my side right now.

ErlnKyN.jpg

fYPvWoa.jpg
Sshhh, don't make a sound buddy: Those looter bastards will hear us!
Zvhua0p.jpg
You're going to be silent forever in a moment....
fYPvWoa.jpg
Listen, I see you're from the Secreta, from EYE, from whatever the hell you want! But I don't give a damn right now. I can't have those looters find me here.
Zvhua0p.jpg
Let's help each other, what could go wrong?
fYPvWoa.jpg
WHAAAAT? Are you serious? Cool! I'm listening, but please speak softly or they are going to find us.
Zvhua0p.jpg
Help me shut down the coporation's security system and I will create a diversion for you.
fYPvWoa.jpg
Do I look like an idiot to you?
Zvhua0p.jpg
*JEDI MIND TRICK* The looters will believe it's a Federal raid, you want the looters to think that.
fYPvWoa.jpg
Well it looks like I don't have any choice, I'll show you a hidden terminal. Hack it and the sec system will be shut down. Hurry!

We runs through streets bristling with the bullets of looters, there are long alleyways they shoot down. We shrug off the damage and sprint for the terminal then hack it.

m9YJPqm.jpg

*ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED* Elevator is now usable.

xXtUfk7.jpg

This trooper took three bullets in the chest (Albeit with a flak jacket) and one in the arm before he finally went down.

4qRSmUN.jpg

We arrive at the elevator, conveniently adjacent to our new safe house, but have to turn around to clear the alley before starting the ascent.

At the top... a graveyard of sorts?
n3wTBld.jpg

This guy doesn't have a lot to say, but he is referenced later by another NPC as knowing where some hidden treasure is (I'm betting its in the cemetary)
bl7ZCuZ.jpg

7az78Lw.jpg

E7hMrdh.jpg

Level complete. Onwards, to New Eden proper!

Mentor is bad-ass. Look at this looter he wasted.
dQyy62f.jpg

ljnaGh1.jpg

zHRYA3m.jpg

Uh-oh. C&C. What to do guys. Do I --
A) Apply bubble sort algorithm: Bend reality to turn a Colonel over to EYE
B) Apply quick sort algorithm: Cyberspace adventure
C) Apply brute force algorithm: Leverage Orius' work to cut the head off the snake. Recall that we met Orius already at Temple HQ

In other news, imgur capped out at about 200 images, I'll have to make a new account.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's odd. I have several thousand images on imgur, all still work. And it's an unpaid account. It's just that you can't see and edit more than the last 250+ some images. All of them are still there though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I've trolled mars for cash and loot, but deus exes don't drop a lot of research in my experience. I've basically played through the game thrice, and I'm still missing 2 or 3 core pieces of loot to finish the research tree.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
A)
because corruption in this world is a must. Turn him into our puppet.
Warp overtaking him.

Installed game yesterday, finished mission with swarming respawning xenos (where I stopped playing few months ago), finished half of another map and decided to turn off some fancy graphic options (framerate sucked there) and game didn't saved. Fuck.

Game save everytime you choose Quit from menu so restarting game by changing graphical options didn't counted it seems...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I loaded up the "cheat map" Stood in front of the research spawner for a minute and got 2 new pieces of loot, Very nice. Also, did they nerf the augmentation costs at some point? Everything looks so cheap compared to how it felt in my mind.

Eyeball

Arcane
EYE has a random mission generator, of sorts - you can revisit old missions and be given some random objectives to complete for XP and brozoufs (what the fuck is a brozouf anyway?)

So it appears that he just farmed like a mathafakka.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
He said he'd be swapping to his high level character: presumably that is what happened.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Many of you have questions. Regretfully, I do not have all the answers. Perhaps I never will. But if we are on immortality's threshold, godliness and omniscience is only a matter of time.

That's odd. I have several thousand images on imgur, all still work. And it's an unpaid account. It's just that you can't see and edit more than the last 250+ some images. All of them are still there though.
Oh, I guess they are just unassociated with your user account. The direct links all still work.

Last edited:

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Damn Vindico Station mission proves pretty hard, even ragequitted in the end
failing to protech Dutch, then having to carry on, getting myself to fall down some deep tunnel to an area with some tough Federals. WTF. Is it possible to have Dutch survive? I assume so.. and having the chaingun backup seems quite essential.

Eyeball

Arcane
Cloak, dude. I died like 6 times to that extremely unfair turret right on top of the ladder you needed to climb to get to the relay computer. I had to ragequit, go back to HQ and buy the cloaking power, which made all turret fights cake.

This game is such a piece of shit. BUT I CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Damn Vindico Station mission proves pretty hard, even ragequitted in the end
failing to protech Dutch, then having to carry on, getting myself to fall down some deep tunnel to an area with some tough Federals. WTF. Is it possible to have Dutch survive? I assume so.. and having the chaingun backup seems quite essential.
Yes, it is possible, in fact it is supremely trivial in multiplayer. In single player you might have to rely on scrabs and sentries.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In single player you might have to rely on scrabs and sentries.

Lul no. There's an armoury right next to the spot, just change to medium armour, take a minigun with 6 reloads, praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. Also try to not let Dutch blow himself up with a grenade thrown right under his feet and dont let him stand in the fire cone of an allied turret. He's wacky like that. Recharge medkit in-between waves and monitor his health, and it's fairly easy unless something goes ronk (accidental friendly fire/tactical grenade-induced suicide).

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Watching this thread with great enthusiasm. :D
Glad to see Codexers seem to like it. It unfortunately had a very poor reception in our home country.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom