Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's ironman Fire Emblem (Interlude)

Fire Emblem is a fantasy tactical role-playing video game franchise developed by Intelligent Systems (specifically Shouzou Kaga), the maker of Advance Wars (which shares some of Fire Emblem's strategic elements), and published by Nintendo. The Fire Emblem series is well-known for its innovation and for being one of the first Eastern style tactical role-playing games, with a strong emphasis on Western forms of medieval folklore. The series is also renowned for having deeply developed characters, as well as the fact that most units' death—or defeat in battle—is permanent in the game until the end of the playthrough.

oXiwu.png

They shared a peace forged in wisdom, a peace that lasted many generations.

y61Zr.png

this balance in a sudden onslaught. Man fought dragon in a savage war that shook the foundations of their world. This war was called The Scouring. Defeated and humbled, dragons vanished from the realm.

ts5o0.png

dominion across the land and on to the islands beyond.

duskK.png

EFfn3.png

Rules are simple and title slightly misleading: I'll be reloading on Game Overs, but only on Game Overs. As my playing style is erratic at best, and I don't know the game inside out, expect many characters to kick the bucket under my leadership. If I kill your favourite character with some stupid move, which I guarantee will happen at some point - please rage.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Lyndis's Legion

SXLF1.png

A young girl from the Lorca tribe. Stouthearted and kind.

M0O6T.png

A knight in service to house Caelin. Virtous to a fault.

4lucm.png

A knight in service to house Caelin. A bit of a scoundrel.

B3UKc.png

A pegasus knight earning her title. A friend of Lyn's.

QSKeV.png

A youth from Pherae, in the Lycian League. Very social.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I for one can't wait to see how your LP ends in spectacular failure when the RNG fucks you over time and time again and you lose characters one by one ending up with not enough units to do shit.

It will be MAJESTIC. :thumbsup:

Please do update good sir :salute:

deuxhero

Arcane
Not that interested. Ironman won't end well in a game prone to serious luck hax.

Do a normal LP of one of the fan translated FEs.

Also: Rekka no Ken is generally translated as "Blazing Sword" by fans.

Ashery

Prophet
deuxhero said:
Not that interested. Ironman won't end well in a game prone to serious luck hax.

Do a normal LP of one of the fan translated FEs.

Also: Rekka no Ken is generally translated as "Blazing Sword" by fans.

You assume he even does enough work on the LP to reach the point of failing the ironman run :smug:

lightbane

Arcane
Hellraiser said:
I for one can't wait to see how your LP ends in spectacular failure when the RNG fucks you over time and time again and you lose characters one by one ending up with not enough units to do shit.

Well, if he does the secret missions and acquires a certain character, then levels him enough, you don't even need strategy, just throw him at the bad guys and watch how he kills everyone. Balance is a fragile thing in Fire Emblem...

lightbane

Arcane
By the game, this game is very codexian: Romances and/or incest are possible, changing the ending (I don't remember if you could do the latter in this game though).

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
:love:

My entry to Fire Emblem series. :salute:

Love the game, but there's no chance in hell you'll get to the end. :troll:

Edit: The limit has been (b)reached. UPDATAN!! NAU!!!

Hellraiser

Arcane
lightbane said:
Well, if he does the secret missions and acquires a certain character, then levels him enough, you don't even need strategy, just throw him at the bad guys and watch how he kills everyone. Balance is a fragile thing in Fire Emblem...

Are you talking about the Pirate or the Shaman? Still all it takes is one unlucky critical hit to get boned or an unexpected enemy unit spawn. Even if the munchkin rapes everything everybody else can get slaughtered.

lightbane

Arcane
The Shaman. At high levels, NOTHING (except bosses) could touch him, more so if you upgrade his class

Also, another hint: Flying units suck. HARD. But if you have the patience to raise them to high levels, they'll rape everything in close combat. Same deal with certain healing units, if you raise them to max level, then upgrade them, they become invencible gods of death

especially the female priest

PS: Also, that secret character I'm talking about includes a monocle, so he's perfect codex's material.

WZoba.png

5ykKF.png

:rpgcodex: Black screen? Unknown person talking to me? Fuck, I'm amnesiac again.

ZERLg.png

:rpgcodex: :bounce:

XX9RA.png

xpx5L.png
Who are you? Can you remember your name?

:rpgcodex: Stupid question. I'm obviously the collective conscience of the Codex. An amalgamation of all Codexers and their aquired memes.

lEzhi.png

:rpgcodex: Bitch, please. If it wasn't for the T&A, and maybe the fact you took me in, I'd be raging right now.

xpx5L.png
But pay me no mind. It is a good name. I see by your attire that you are a traveler. What brings you to the Sacae Plains? Would you share your story with me?

:rpgcodex: It's quite simple: I'm on a quest to find the perfect RPG. I've searched far and wide, but it's always coming out next th--

bR2RH.png

xpx5L.png
I'll go see what's happening. Kodexer, wait here for me.

gRsdd.png

m0SBi.png

:rpgcodex: Bandits? How original.

xpx5L.png
They must be planning on raiding the local village. I... I have to stop them! If that's all of them, I think I can handle them on my own. You'll be safe in here, Kodexer.

:rpgcodex: Stay in here while you fight? Sounds like popamole to me. I've braved the depths of the Black Mountain Mines, I'm sure I can handle a few bandits.

xpx5L.png
What? You want to help? Well, can you use a weapon?

:rpgcodex: Turn based. Not real time.

8ZPEt.png

xpx5L.png
Very well. We'll go together!

esRtc.png

xpx5L.png
Over here! If you want to help, Kodexer, I could use your advice. I'll protect you, so stay close to me.

kgJAl.png

:love: The Avellone is smiling down on me today. Now that we're intimate, time for a thorough inspection of your "stats".

HqRtJ.png

:rpgcodex: [Intelligence] HP speaks for itself. Strength? Higher strength, more more damage inflicted. Skill will be linked with how accurate you are. Speed should be how well you evade and how many attacks you make. Luck? Everyone needs a little bit of luck at times, even me. Defense must be the opposite of strength, reducing damage taken. Resistance is defense for magic based attacks, nice to see they're still seperate and haven't been streamlined. Move will be how many squares you can cross in one turn. Consitution and Aid may have something to do with picking up other units - having a higher Aid than another units Con could mean that you can save them from a lethal situation. Affinity? Japs gonna Jap. Amazed there isn't a stat for blood type.

KJtpQ.png

:rpgcodex: Looks like Lyn is limited to using only swords.

GDeJ6.png

:love: Durability and limited inventory space!? Fuck yeah!

HpusR.png

:rpgcodex: [Perception] An Iron sword is a type sword. E could be the weapon skill needed to use this particular weapon. Rng is range, so you can only attack adjacent units with melee weapons. Wt? Weight - you should get more attacks with a lighter weapon than a massive hammer. Mt has to be Might, how much damage this weapon does. Hit - accuracy. Crit - critical strike chance; so Lyn must get some critical chance from another stat she has.

xpx5L.png
I need to be closer to the enemy!

HpqMw.png

DM1i8.png

rpgcodex: What did you expect? You just ran directly towards him!

yFEc1.png

xpx5L.png
Let's close in and attack!

:rpgcodex: This seems like a good time to ask why you need advice for running in and fighting one bandit.

a32Mi.png
v

XgIpl.png

:rpgcodex: Words of wisdom: dodge.

uKQzm.png

j8E5M.png

MOPvG.png

Yghvh.png

MjtZv.png

:rpgcodex: I'm a genius :smug:

WcTOT.png

:rpgcodex: Seems our friend here has a deathwish.

xSpae.png

guYtQ.png

:x I SAID DODGE!!!

GhVi8.png

MmJvx.png

4XNNH.png

xpx5L.png
But I've been injured. I have need of a vulnerary.

:rpgcodex: Needing my advise on how to drink a potion?

5qzNm.png

xpx5L.png
Thank you, Kodexer! Now, let's go get that brigand over by the ger!

B6yBU.png

:rpgcodex: If this wasn't a tutorial, I'd be slightly concerned. Slightly.

t1SSU.png

yMKxp.png
: You think you can stand up to Batta the Beast?

:rpgcodex: Dat name...

M2vlV.png

RLiJg.png

xpx5L.png
Whew! He's tough... It all comes down to this next blow. Kodexer, if I fall, I want you to flee. You must escape!

:rpgcodex: Stop talking in the middle of battle and maybe I wouldn't have to worry about an immiment Game Over!

ajtlE.png

:rpgcodex: So you can heal in the field in special locations. That should prove useful to me in the future.

Lz54u.png

gL6Bf.png

0mKL3.png

:rpgcodex: :yeah:

sjz0v.png

0Z1Qt.png

mVP2S.png

yMKxp.png
What? How... How did you--

9cWJF.png

GPEM9.png

zyeSM.png

9JWWZ.png

xpx5L.png
I sorely underestimated him. Sorry if I worried you. I'll need to be stronger if I'm going to survive... Strong enough that no one can defeat me.

2l8Cl.png

:rpgcodex: Right to the point, huh? I like that in my women.

64HQ0.png

WcILA.png

NRmh0.png

n2F7I.png

TCNrh.png

:rpgcodex: Wanting to talk the morning can never mean good news.

xpx5L.png
You have some experience in the ways of war, I can see.

:rpgcodex: :smug:

xpx5L.png
Would you allow me to travel with you?

:rpgcodex: Not a chance. A lone wanderer like me can't risk getting tied down with kids.

gSqJP.png

:rpgcodex: :retarded:

O6Io3.png

xpx5L.png
My people--the Lorca--they don't... I'm the last of my tribe.

:rpgcodex: I can't help but feel I've ruined a poignant moment.

xpx5L.png
Bandits attacked, and... they killed so many people. The tribe was scattered. My father was our chieftain, and I wanted to protect our people. But the Lorca are old-fashioned. They wouldn't follow a woman. No one would follow me.

:rpgcodex: Not to be cold-hearted or anything, but if they refused your leadership, you simply can't be the last of your tribe.

Ev0lp.png

z6w8D.png

cDCAL.png

3YaxC.png

:rpgcodex: That was quick.

AFJaL.png

2DKPT.png

xpx5L.png
Yesterday's battle taught me something. I won't become stronger by sitting here alone. Kodexer, tell me you'll train me, that you'll let me travel with you!

:rpgcodex: Orphaned by bandits is so cliche. Still beats being the Chosen One. Welcome aboard, Lyn.

6Iyo1.png

xpx5L.png
We'll be better off working together, I know it! You'll be my master strategist, and I'll be your peerless warrior! We can do it! Right?

:love: :yeah:

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

:rpgcodex: Seriously though, two enemies for one mission? The action better start getting more visceral quickly or I'm going back to Skyrim.

You should be a big fan of the next mission then :smug:

imgur randomly refusing to resize images or just not uploading them makes me rage. I don't like it when things say that something is - when it just plain isn't.

As for everyones concerns with me breaking the game - it's likely at some point that this LP will turn into a blind LP. Fun with a capital F. :M

deuxhero

Arcane
lightbane said:
Hellraiser said:

What character are you talking about? This isn't FE4 where enemies will fanatically try to hit the area around Sety.

Edit: Canas and Dart? Dart isn't really that good, he comes underleveled, can't hit most foes consistently when he joins and even the hard mode bonuses do little to help. Canas is a great boss killer, but he isn't lol broken (Luna which he is one of two units that can wield is lol broken, but finite enough in uses it is only for bosses).

Also: Relevant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB2HkUEL95g

Also @TC: Did you make a female tactician? Sain's dialog is worth sitting through the tutorials for if you did.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Just run through the next few missions. There's nothing of any challenge in them.

If you lose a character in the prologue campaign, there will be reckoning :rpgcodex:

As for everyones concerns with me breaking the game - it's likely at some point that this LP will turn into a blind LP. Fun with a capital F.

Did you know there are over 30 missions in the main campaign alone (not counting side-mission) - the one you are 3-4 hours from starting?

Will see what happens first - you running out of patience or of meatshields. :troll:

spekkio

Arcane
Carry on, good Sir. :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom