Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

lightbane

Arcane
Was it you that killed the quartermaster and stole his belongings?
Fuck No, we don't want it to be a short adventure.
What is the token you have from your previous campaign at 31-10?

b) A broken servoskull that belonged to a Heretek, because it could help us to get new Techpriest "friends"

And finally, why would the Colonel want to have a word with a:
1) Conscript, the Codex did a poor job whenever it was given a bit of power.
Also, in a (somewhat) related note:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3368

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies.

I have no idea why FFG wrote that - there is only One God, the God-Emperor of Mankind, and He is a God by His will alone. So says the Imperial Creed and that ought to enough for any man.

No
B

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Nice, thanks! I Didn't know they released it on PDF.:salute:

He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies.

I have no idea why FFG wrote that - there is only One God, the God-Emperor of Mankind, and He is a God by His will alone. So says the Imperial Creed and that ought to enough for any man.
That wasn't written by FFG, actually. It's a sort of general introduction to 40k material and I also have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Somebody explain this hairesy!

Random Word

Arbiter
That wasn't written by FFG, actually. It's a sort of general introduction to 40k material and I also have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Somebody explain this hairesy!

Oops, never realized that was an official GW blurb. Clearly there is heresy afoot at GW.

Kayerts

Arcane
updated the orb's description

Even before you did that I had the odd feeling it might be necron, now that feeling got reinforced. But maybe I'm thinking that because I associate your username with the Necron lord avatar from DOW you used in the past.

I'm still holding out hope that it's a signaling beacon that will draw a hive fleet to our location. Although an orb that wakes up any sleeping Necrons would be pretty good, too.

It's a curiously prevalent line. It made sense in root's revised backstory in the other LP, but it's definitely odd in vanilla 40k.

The most likely explanation is that some GW writer thought it sounded bitchin'.

A second possibility is that the various early shamans who fused together to form the canonical emperor all had their own gods. Or, according to some old fluff, the Emperor had been reincarnated as a lot of inspirational figures throughout history (the original Buddha, Julius Caesar, Jesus, Mohammed, etc.) and across multiple different religious contexts, so it could refer to that.

There also seem to be (or have been) a variety of polytheistic religions in the Imperial worlds, and certainly in their history. Perhaps the primarily political transition to Emperor-worship could have been explained within their various mythologies as their earlier gods declaring the Emperor to be the broliest of bros.

There are some other weird theories, like that the Emperor is an Old One (who were the gods of the Eldar), but the basis of those postdate that line.

A final possibility is that it refers to the Chaos gods, and that the emperor's birth and the rise of the Imperium were all just as planned.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Hmm. Shuriken pistol will only get us shot by a friendly commisar. An ork nob head though, that's useful for intimidation, and we can plant it in the ground to farm some orks/squigs for eating

1, yes
2, c
3, 2

I vote for this too. Godspeed, friend trout! May the souls flow like wine, and the contrived ways of devouring them manifold!

Reject_666_6

Arcane
F)
putin1b.jpg

Esquilax

Arcane
F) We've already gone monocle, so let's go full monocle.

A

After taking a quick skim of the Lexicanum, I saw this:

Catachan regiments generally lack Commissars. Even these tough and uncompromising officers are unable to assert their authority over the Catachan soldiers; in fact, they are resented by troops, and it is not uncommon for Commissars assigned to Catachan regiments to be "fragged" by their own troops. Ogryns however - who may well have evolved on Catachan themselves - commonly fight in Catachan regiments.
Due to their heavily developed physiques, normal human Catachans are sometimes referred to as "baby Ogryns."

Uh-oh. Picking these guys sounds like a horrible idea, so I recommend we go for it.

Tom+Berenger+as+Sergeant+Barnes.jpg

Random Word

Arbiter
I hate the Catachans, they're all a bunch of sissies. Except maybe Marbo. Anyone who can further increase the Guard's ability to drop turn one pie plates in the enemy deployment zone is by definition okay. Situation as described makes it obvious we're:
B
No other choice, really.

ironyuri

You all voted that we should have a fucking Nob skull as our battle trophy, but we're now a regiment that doesn't have experience fighting orks. Fucking idiots.

H !! OR C

Random Word

Arbiter
Vote Vostroyan, vote Victory!

What could possibly be more GrimDark than WW1 Germany in Space? If you aren't squatting in a rat infested muddy trench for weeks on end to seek shelter from the caustic rain and poison gas while the artillery thunders around you, you aren't truly living for the Kaiser. In fact, you're probably half way to falling to Slaanesh already, you decadent pansy. Real men fight on fronts where the weather is more terrifying than the enemy could ever hope to be.

574_large.jpg

ironyuri

Vote Vostroyan, vote Victory!

What could possibly be more GrimDark than WW1 Germany in Space? If you aren't squatting in a rat infested muddy trench for weeks on end to seek shelter from the caustic rain and poison gas while the artillery thunders around you, you aren't truly living for the Kaiser. In fact, you're probably half way to falling to Slaanesh already, you decadent pansy. Real men fight on fronts where the weather is more terrifying than the enemy could ever hope to be.

574_large.jpg

Fuck Ok, B.

oscar

Arcane
H

Afrika Korps in Space or First World War Germans in Space?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom