Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Cain is also one lucky bastard who spends as little time possible on the front lines.

^ Top  
  2. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    :decline:
    No no no, this ain't turning into a Heretical Xenos Dating simulator.

^ Top  
  3. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    [​IMG]

embrace the xenos, jick_magger. embrace them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    So are we getting an exorcism like this

Complete with QTEs such as 'you have one minute from the time this update is posted to post a sequence of directions lest you accidentally turn your back and DAEMONS APPEAR FROM THE WARP'?

^ Top  
  6. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    If Max von Sydow is performing the exorcism, I'm in.

^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Oh, I'm pretty intrigued right now. The Deathwatch marine sounds strangely compelling as well.
    Just one question, the fatepoint that Schaeffer did not use, would he still have that when exorcised?

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    root: so, Schaeffer's soul is now in the Immaterium? And playing as his soul in the Warp is an option?

^ Top  
  9. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Lets get exorcized. Iirc, its a really interesting prestige class in DH :M

^ Top  
  10. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    So I'm a bit confused; are we gonna play as Schaeffer after he gets exorcised, or are we gonna have a trippy Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite/End of Evangelion-esque metaphysical journey beforehand?

^ Top  
  11. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    In Dark Heresy, becoming exorcised costs you a fate point, so I think we'd be starting from nothing.
    Makes us weaker, nuttier, and less sociable, while giving us ability to sense the warp, resistance to corruption, and immunity to corrupting mutations. Seems like it's generally a rough trade-off, but possibly useful if we're returning to Planet Ooze.

^ Top  
  12. Longinus Educated

Longinus
    I'd say go for it, unless root has something more interesting up his sleeve.

^ Top  
  13. GreyViper Arbiter

GreyViper
    Probably deathwatch marine, because I have faith in Codex for dooming this guy quite fast like the previous ones.:rpgcodex::roll:
    Still good story and good example that cool stuff wont always lead to good endings.

^ Top  
  14. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    I kinda like the idea of a post-possessed Schaeffer, actually.

^ Top  
  15. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Me too. I mean, it doesn't sound too bad that we had to sacrifice ourselves to overcome the odds, since I'm still not convinced that we could've taken out the marines+daemon+sorcerer. That way we at least managed to not suck so hard as to screw up the whole scenario (like we kinda did back with the lieutenant). Paying a fate point and some other things to survive a daemonic host-party seems fine to me. We're IG afterall and can't win every battle. Deathwatch is boring since the sudden rise in power would force root to make us face much stronger stuff than we're used too, and I kinda like the current setting.

Either way, I'm fine. Keep it up root.

^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    I'd be inclined towards option 2 for now.

^ Top  
  17. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
  19. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    Going with 2, don't really want to play as a Terminator.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Would prefer a REAL Ultramarine but as long as they are of the gene-seed of Guilliman and recognize who their spiritual liege is, it's good enough. Despite their heresy towards the Codex Astartes.

Voting 2.

^ Top  
  21. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    I like how option 2 leaves us without two of the more useful Space Marine augmentations for dealing with and identifying toxins. On the other hand, if we choose option 1, our character will spend his entire existence struggling with the fact that he can never be an Ultramarine.

Watch as root creates a variety of scenarios that can only be solved through judicious use of Steel Rain.

Voting 2.

^ Top  
  22. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    TRUE ULTRAMAHREEN OR NOTHING!

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    That settles it! 3!

We most honor our spiritual liege!

^ Top  
  24. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
  25. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    I don't really feel like larping an Ultrasmurf, but 2 is decent enough I guess, and I'm not saying that because I was on IRC when it was created (didn't contribute shit though). :M

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)