Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nothing hasty, but sleeping around while on duty might not be a good idea.

Anyone else get the feeling that root is setting us up? Once we turn to deal with the breach, something nasty will happen somewhere else in the facility. I feel we should probably be doing something smart, but don't feel creative enough to word it in a fashion that will not be construed as nosing around.
As is, I think we should go with option
for the nonce. :M

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So begins the misadventures of Pussyfoot McCoward!
Probably just some fuckwits' spilled a cup of Tanna on a command console or something, I bet.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
We're still running around with what weapons exactly? Might aswell go for the quartermaster first to get us something that can put more than a dent into whatever breached the bunker.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, I suppose having an alarm might change the quartermasters mind about sending us along with something even more worthless than a lasgun. But with you one can never be sure.

Random Word

Arbiter
MCA Project: Eternity
Even overcharged a plasma cannon will just make a Trygon angry. It will help but almost certainly won't kill it outright. Given that Matthaeus didn't see it coming it's probably a Trygon Prime, so at least it makes a legitimate target in that it really is a synapse creature. On the other hand, that means it's probably about to shoot lightning bolts at everything in the room, likely including us. If the Trygon does die the Hormagaunts will still mindlessly attempt to claw the face off of everything they can catch, but the Trygon is by far the deadliest thing in the area, so lets try to be useful at the expense of a few ribs. We really ought to get a Space Marine or a Servitor to brace the thing for us, though - I'm surprised one of the Deathwatch didn't just snatch the plasma cannon from the lone guardsman as they were walking by.

4, while hilarious, is a really awful idea. That Trygon can tear open a Rhino like a tin can, and ramming it with a Rhino wouldn't even faze it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think 5 would be the most hilarious option :M

I'd take 1 if it didn't say 'overcharge', we do not need an overloaded plasma cannon exploding in our face.

2 it is.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Just doing this so that the gaunts will be more manageable for the Deathwatch squad, and thus easier to mop up.
And guys, if the shot does break our ribs, we won't be in any condition to run anywhere.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

It is the sensible option and thus the one most likely to result in hilarious failure. :salute:

1 and 3 seem paticularily dumb. If we somehow survive that I promise you the techpriests will be pissed at us for damaging the Omnissiahs bounty.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I think we can rework 4 to 'commandeer the vehicle, shout for the deathwatch to get in and gun the engine', if there's any interest. I readily admit that perhaps ramming the massive 'nid isn't a course of action most people would readily choose.

No can do. You gave us a gun and the laws of literature decree it must be fired.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
2 and then Run as Forrest did... I knew taking most safe place to bunker in was a trap.

none of the other options were much safer, tbh. I wouldnt give you options that just allowed you to stay around picking your nose, cuz all of that silly introspection that came before has no place in wh40k anyway. it just determined where you were going to be and what you would be going up against. being around the deathwatch, outnumbered as they may be, is a pretty safe option all things considered. they are supposed to be the best of the best, after all.

I know what Warhammer 40K is about: It is not not about grunts living happily after... and it doesn't scale to your level. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom