Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 1

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hellraiser said:
biomaterial could come from any number of sources including aquatic wildlife, planetkelp, human waste and mutinous crewmembers

Good reminder never to read the fine print on the nutri-snackbar wrappers. :lol:

Also, things are heating up! University arriving just as Hive attacks Gaians, so many possible outcomes. Gotta say, it feels pretty damn good to sit (relatively) safely on the sidelines. Just wish I had a better view of the carnage. MorganNet drones flying across the fungus capturing snazzy footage and making a killing from the killing below.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Winning theme!

ICEyXfU.png

Morgan Mediabreak! Bringing you the Actual News™

Jez Perkins: Good evening! The first Morganic borehole complex got off to a shaky start as power drilling caused the greatest induced seismicity in human history, outscaling every megathrust quake on Earth and Planet on record! Paramount spokesmen have quickly blamed faulty Unity equipment and refuse to acknowledge any criticism of the event.

Morgan Paramount Mining CEO: So we had a little mishap. BIG DEAL! Look at the net positive instead: vast areas of land have been permanently raised above sea-level, opening them up for rapid enrichment and colonization. It even brought a few Unity pods unto dry land. Frankly, I don't get why everyone is so upset. This is a miracle achieved at near-zero loss of life. One could become a Believer for less!

Casey Wong Junior: And that would be totally fine! Speaking of our good friends, order has been restored in Chapterhouse Planet, ensuring a speedy return to mutually beneficial commerce. All analysts agree: profits are destined to soar ever higher. Commenting on the current events, CEO Morgan exclaimed: "Smoother than a gravy sandwich!"

8fkJvZ1.png

Jez Perkins: In other news, Morgan Mil-Tek has unveiled the first known gamma-ray laser prototype - and affirmed its readiness to use it! Although gamma rays are rapidly absorbed by air and unable to fire underwater, gamma rifles and carbines are set to dominate any close-range encounters with potentially market-hostile forces in the next decades, rendering our Morgan CorpSec and A.I.M. squads practically invincible. Corp-wide production is estimated to take off no later than M.Y. 2151.

Casey Wong Junior: Feels good to feel safe! And on that note, we close with a happy story from Prosperity Bay, where our boys and girls in Flamethrower Squad Beta have not only fended off but actively pursued and purged several boils of disgusting xeno-worms - reportedly out of their own volition. This spectacular feat proves once and again the wisdom of fusing Morganic tech with Believing mind-trance techniques! Good job, squad!

Gz6paCA.png

:shredder:

Poor fellas nearly got completely slaughtered. I mean I knew it was risky to attack rather than to defend, but those pearls man! Had to get the pearls. Worms are only at larval mass level. It's gonna get rough!

Other than worm rape business, additional bases are being constructed, rec tanks are slapped down through means of intense production hurrying, and Morgan Industries got its first mine, doubling mineral output. Not bad really, wondering how long the good times will last.

And yes, finally joining the naval club! So many pods to harvest. Might find some more customers as well.

Hellraiser

Arcane

CIYqyZj.png

Salutations Scholars, Talents, Drones and Children. The time is Sol 47.9 Cycle 50 APF, a special edition of Ex-Cathedra with me Eva Petrenko on the issue that has been sending shockwaves through our faction.

Custodes cooperation with the Project Tartarus team has been able to unveil the reason behind the Tartarus anomaly as they have started to call it. The mystery was how come we have discovered one progenitor borehole in perfect and operational condition while two others seemed to have been damaged beyond repair after eons of abandonment.

Joining us in the studio is Vasily Hakersky, Custodes Inteltech officer and famous Cybergopnik, connecting and squatting live from the University HQ basement which he never leaves, to explain how this mystery was solved.

S29TYJ8.png

Vasily: Very much of pleasure to be joining you in studio Eva.

Eva: The pleasure is all mine Vasily. So what did you and your Inteltech team find?

Vasily: It is troubling, we had doublecheck datas to be sure. You see, we have connection to the Spartan datalinks as back when Curiositas make contact with Spartans the Oceanographers from the ship enhance the Spartan datalinks with a direct and not possible to remove connection to our nodes. Most of what we find in their network is not very interesting.

Eva: But you did find something interesting.

Vasily: Yes, among ramblings of mandatory testosterone injection to women and insane theories of extraterrestrial origin of University leadership, which I personally wish were true, we find datas on "Mongol-Mongol". Codename for operation which suspiciously was abandoned when 2/3 done, just as Sparta was discovered by Curiositas.

Eva: Go on.

Vasily: Further investigation confirm Spartan personnel was also encounter near Borehole Cluster coming into visual contact with Taratarus Expedition nearly at same time as Curiositas find one of Spartan island base. After specific search with Tartarus team scientist cross-referenced with content of Spartan datalinks we find Spartan expedition use crude demolition charges to destroy the progenitor boreholes. It was only by stroke of luck that Tartarus expedition move into position scaring them off as they were moving to destroy the only remaining borehole.

0pbqFKk.png

Eva: Hold on, we have Provost Zakharov calling my studio terminal. Good afternoon Provost.

Zakharov: Good afternoon Eva, however considering the news you and Vasily are now discussing I doubt the last decicyle could have been called good. As you already know the Spartan diplomatic team has been told to leave and all Spartan citizens are now barred from entering University territory. As we speak the Ambassador should be paddling across Caladan Mare in the raft we have given to him as a farewell gift. This barbaric destruction of ancient and highly advanced knowledge is a loss to all of humanity. Those fools have almost forfeited our chance to advance to new levels of industry. Crimes against knowledge and industry cannot be tolerated.

Eva: Provost, do you have any knowledge of what motives the Spartans had?

Zakharov: It is my understanding that upon realizing the existence of the progenitor installation their high command was terrified of the industrial potential. Aware that it would be difficult to seize it for themselves, fearing that other factions might be near, they decided to destroy these wonders of progenitor engineering. It is my belief that they will learn from the sanctions we just implemented and not perform such acts of barbarism on foreign soil in the future. The warhawks of the Assembly would want to take more drastic measures, but they are bloodthirsty fools.

Vasily: I would like add that planetographical position of Sparta is distant from borehole cluster. Cartographical data indicate they occupy small continent to west of Continent Alpha with eastern part of Spartan dominion located on monsoon islands and bordering the Peacekeepers. Considering they share sea border with Peacekeepers who occupy monsoon jungle coast along with local insect and pathogen, hypothesis that demolition was due to inability to hold installation is very likely.

Eva: The Hive is also nearby, besides our south-western neighbours the Peacekeepers?

Vasily: Yes, Hive border to west of Sparta on neighbouring landmass designated continent Delta according to Spartan map datas. Yang control south of continent. Planetographer not sure if geologically continent is one with Spartan landmass or separate entity. Currently obtained intel suggest Gaians are somewhere on same continent however expedition yet to find Gaian personnel.

Eva: Planet suddenly got rather crowded in the last few cycles.

Zakharov: Yes and our diplomats in UN Headquarters just reported that the Peacekeepers have started a conflict with a faction that calls itself Morgan Industries. Further information suggests that these Morganites are allied with another faction however this is unconfirmed currently. If confirmed and if all factions do come from the escape pods this would mean all seven pods survived.

Vasily: It is definitely interesting time to be working as Inteltech.

Pact of Brotherhood null and void, Spartan units sent back home. As Lal won the race to the continental part of the jungle I hoped at least I could use the boreholes but go figure, cheeky Spartans were LARPing mongolians in my backyard.

The commerce was 0 anyway as Sparta believed only in breeding and sending pods to claim the jungle islands so far so no loss there.

As implied above I met Sparta with a probe foil so I used the chance to get infiltration (after pacting Merc when he knew of my probe foil but whatever) so the only advantage from this pact is still retained.

iCj6XMF.png

eJpG44I.png

TURN 50 Power Rating

788yeOz.png

Sparta in the lead as unlike the Peacekeepers they have formers, a human player and land-grabbed the jungle islands present in this version of the map of planet. Lal has the continental part of the jungle locked down. Merc has by far the most bases in the game due to rushing to the jungle islands so fast. His continental bases are rather unimpressive.

I guess Morgan is together with the Believers on that snaky continent where the Unity wreckage is.

Gaians are still strong despite losing at least one base to the Hive.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
General Kim celebrated 50 years since planetfall on the streets of Fallow Time with a bottle of Soju smuggled all the way from Earth. A golden anniversary and a victory. Well worth opening the precious bottle. He savored the alcohol burn as he watched his troops take control of the populace and put them to work clearing rubble. A few would need to purged, of course. Those most interested in licentiousness and wanton behavior. The degenerates like that pocked ginger git over there with his pants around his ankles for example. But the rest weren't so different from the people back home, Kim mused. Most, like the people of Symbiosis before them, would make excellent citizens of the Hive. They embraced same ecological ideas and were good honest people. They just lacked discipline and direction. They yearned for it, really, and the Hive would provide it to them.

Kim returned to his makeshift command post and read the latest briefings from the other fronts. General Li had things well in hand on the western front. It was shakier to east, but that new Gaian base would be dealt with in time. If "Lady" Skye had chosen to expand in that direction rather than crowding hive territory, he would be celebrating the 50th with his family back in Fecundity tower, Kim thought. Just then, a young lieutenant rushed in with a fresh report. A frown grew on Kim's face as he read. It seems the Hive had suffered its first loss since the war began. A scout patrol had been swarmed by mind worms. Wild, of course. Gaian controlled specimens had proven inferior to Hiveworms at every meeting. Their human troops had fared little better. The closest they had come to a victory was an encounter in the eastern wastes between two scout patrols. It had left the Hive patrol mangled, but the Gaian patrol dead. Kim filled another shot of Soju and raised it in honor of the fallen. "Dear fellows, you shall be avenged! I want that boil captured or exterminated. They shall serve in place of the troops they killed or their husks will pay the widow's pensions!" The lieutenant rushed to pass along the general's orders. Kim downed the Soju in one shot and headed for his billet.

Status of the Hive, 50 years since planetfall:

Diplomatic situation: Poor
War with "Lady" Skye. Peace with Santiago and the Spartans, but they have sworn a Sistership Pack with the Gaians. There mensies must have synced up. We must be wary, for as a wise man once said, ‘I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die.’

Strategic Situation: Questionable
Advances into the territory Gaia encroached upon goes well, but ravings from captured Gaian troops indicate that "Lady" Skye is beginning to field units better equipped than what we have thus far encountered. Gaia's Landing may be a tougher nut to crack.
Mixed signals from Sparta. Peace with the Hive. Pact with Gaia. Forced scheduled for the front re-detailed for defense.

Research Situation: Poor
Evidence found in captured Gaian bases and questioning the populace shows we are lagging.

Base situation: Questionable
War footing hampers domestic development.

Hellraiser

Arcane
vOWkEOA.png

Together against the worst thing since Hitler!

The fascist regime of Colonel Santiago is hell-bent on destroying everything we hold dear and it was a relief to hear that the University joined our own UN boys in blue helmets on a quest to contain the fascist menace. The ruling Rationalist and Citadel factions of the University have agreed to join forces and intervene before the entirety of Planet becomes a Spartan bootcamp. The Spartans have illegally claimed our coastal archipelago, settling it. They have also illegally sabotaged alien heritage sites in University territory. They are amassing forces for an invasion as we speak, boasting of military developments such as the "citizens defence" force, which is actually a network of secret terror command bunkers. They target us, the Hive, the University and every other free human living on Planet. They train children in killing instead of teaching them of human rights! Train them to fight in their planned global conquest! Remember what crimes Colonel Santiago ordered onboard the Unity before Planetfall! Like the nazis of the third reich she is interested in ridiculous conspiracy theory nonsense, living in a state completely detached from reality believing alien puppets rule all those who do not submit to her will.

She must be stopped before her madness leaves our cities in ruins and our children orphaned or dead. She must be stopped before she can build death camps and gas anyone she thinks is "possessed by an alien" or some other lunacy. She must be stopped before Planet becomes a graveyard similar to our Homeworld!

Might as well do one from Peacekeeper perspective since the AI Brother Lol nicely asked me to contain the Spartan menace together. Mongol-mongol, nevah forget. Worst atrocity since the burning of the library of Alexandria!

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Nothing like good old Fake News* to fuel a war. Also The Suns! :lol:

Actually thought of doing a spin on that prime example of drone-feed as well, but decided against it what with the cognitive elite focus.

Was also going to use Farm Girl for Morgan DreamWare chip advert, that image is like a vision of paradise.

Things are definitely heating up as of late. Won't be long now before global communications are up.

*Except Spartan description of Gaia which obv. sounds 100% truthful

Gaian Military High Command Report

From: Minister of Defense, Eden Corps General Zoya Arcadia.
To: Lady Deirdre Skiye, Leader of Gaia's Stepdaughters
Security Clearance: Beyond Top Secret

Gaian Phrase of the Day: "It is righteous to kill those who threaten our Planet and Freedom."

My Lady, the situation of the Gaia's Stepdaughters remains dire. I am as ever loyal to you and to the cause. Yet, I am ever loyal to you by being ever truthful and frank in my opinions, as you would demand no less of me. Here is my report of the current situation circa 2254 of our war against the Human Hive.

As you know, for almost a decade, we have been at war with the Human Hive. In our faction, we love peace and freedom, so we never thought about building up a large military. Our Eco-Rangers protected colonists from Planetlife and kept order through careful, kind, humane and feminist police techniques, only using violence if no other means were available. Our resources then were better devoted to our expansion, technological advancement and building of infraestructure needed to create the necessary basis for an estabilished Eco-Society on Chiron. What little military resources our state had, were our Eco-Rangers and controlled Mind Worm boils.

This all changed when the Human Hive attacked. Our colonies have been taken by the storm, unprepared for the brutality of the Totalitarian onslaught visited upon us. Following brutal, unreasonable and unprovoked attacks, our people have been placed under a violent, totalitarian police state. We were not ready for the onslaught of war, and the cruelty the Human Hive visited upon us, may Mindworms devour their eye sockets.

Situation of Gaian Colonies, circa 2254:
Gaia's Landing:
Currently being prepared to withstand Hive attack. We believe that this year, we shall significantly bolsters its defenses. Use of designation: ALIEN ARTIFACT vastly accelerated production of Planet's Lament Armored Lasrovers.
Virgin Soil: On other side of our continent. Too distant to offer any help, too small, too vulnerable. Written off. We hope any Hive Totalitarians that attack it, suffer the harsh fate they deserve.
Dreams of Green: Currently being reinforced.
Symbiosis: Conquered by the Human Hive.
Fallow Time: Conquered by the Human Hive
Risen Lands: Razed by the Human Hive after taking many of the bastards with them. Heroic last-stand almost shattered local Hive Forces in violent urban fighting. Ten thousand souls have become one with Planet itself.

Eden Corps Status:

The Eden Corps has never been a stronger military force. Quite the contradiction. But, to win, it must be even stronger. Its force is mainly based on a combination of Lasrovers and Infantry. Military Training and Discipline, however, has been lagging behind due to needs of the War Economy. The need to put more soldiers with weapons on the front-line is currently more important than training superior soldiers. Its equipment is currently composed of a mix of conventional firearms such as Shredder Carbines and rifles using ancient NATO-standard 7,62mm x 51 ammunition, and an increasing number of Laser Weaponry. The Kevlar Suits and Bulletproof Armor is being substituted with Graphene Armor on both vehicles and Eden Corps soldiers.
Our new Eco-Graphene suits guarantee 100% resistance against high-caliber rounds fired from man-portable weapons, as well as full resistance against laser blasts. Wherever that shall help ensure our victory, remains to be seen. However, the enemy possesses similar armor suits. One field in which our troops are notably superior, is our superior training in Psi combat. We believe that, given equal conditions, our men can fight the enemy's twisted Mind Worms and win.

Gaian Eco-Ranger Intelligence on Human Hive Military:

Brave Eco-Ranger scouts report Hive build-up in the area of Symbiosis. Further intelligence is unreliable at best. An attack is imminent, we believe over four to twelve Hive divisions are on their way to Gaia's Landing. Calculations dictate we are outnumbered and outperformed. Enemy numbers compared to ours, according to our military strategists, are somewhere between a 1:1,5 or 1:3 ratio to ours. Numbers may be even higher.
We believe the coming enemy force will enter the area of Gaia's Landing in the next year. Calculations indicate Gaia's Landing will be attacked by Mission Year 2156, assuming Rover attacks as soon as enemy vehicles enter our range. We believe further enemy forces might come in the next four years.
The know disposition of Human Hive forces as follows:

- An unknown number of Scout Patrols, seen patrolling the north of our continent before war was declared. Said Scout Patrols are presumed to be common (at least for now) on the Hive hinterland, doing the duty of base defense against alien lifeforms. It is unlikely said patrols will be part of enemy attacks.
- An unknown number of Infantry Divisions, seen in combat against Risen Land. Their weaponry is composed of Laser Weapons and their armor is made of Graphene. These are slow, but skilled troops in urban combat.
- An unknown number of Recon Rovers, similarly armed with Lasers Weapons and often armored with Graphene.
- An unknown numbero of Mind Worms. The Human Hive has obtained the knowledge to tame and control Mind Worms from the Manifold Nexus. Combined with their green society, that gives them an understanding of Alien Lifeforms and Planet even beyond ours. But beware - through we use our knowledge of Planet for Freedom, the Human Hive uses it further enslave mankind and stomp freedom out, forever.
- At least two Probe Teams, such as the ones we have turned away from Fallow Times before war-time.

Recommended Course of Action:
- Fortify Gaia's Landing.
- Increase Gaia's Landing Colonial Garrison.
- Recruit more men and women to the Eden Corps. Everyone who is not working, must fight.
- Tame any further Mindworms. These would vastly bolster our cause. In case we cannot tame them, we must kill them and take their Planetpeals for further energy credits.
- We must build further weapons, to draft more soldiers to fight.
- Engage in defense and offense when necessary.
- Bring the Human Hive to the negotiating table.

Conclusion: I believe that Gaia's Landing has a low chance to resist the Human Hive's incoming attack, our capital, and consequently, our faction, will be conquered and ruthlessly destroyed by the Human Hive, and our ideals, stomped out forever. However, as your Minister of Defense and General, I have written before what I believe we need to do, in order to assure the survival of our faction, or at least make the damn bastards suffer before we go.
I insist, my Lady, that you finish the preparations for PROJECT: SPORE. That way, our ideals may live on.

I too am worried, my Lady. These may be the last years we shall spend together. But know that I too am under great pressure, another thing we both feel in common. If any pressing questions or worries remain, I would be glad to have you in my personal quarters, both as a subordinate and a friend. I always make sure to eliminate any chance of eavesdropping so we can have privacy. As usual, I hope we can both relieve each other's burden and attain some measure of happiness together, in those dark times.

As always, I shall do what you require of me, to the last. These are dark times, my Lady. I have been doing what I can, with what little I have. I have trained troops, I have overseen our production, I have ensured maximum efficiency of our military economy, I have made sure our supplies are adequate. I have served you for over fifty four years, and know that I did what I could. I have no regrets. It has been a honor, my lady.

Forever loyal to you, my Lady.
NEVER FORGET, NEVER REPEAT, THE TRAGEDY OF EARTH.

TO VICTORY! TO THE EDEN CORPS! TO GAIA AND HER STEPDAUGHTERS!

- Humble servant of the Free People of Gaia and Their Fair Lady, Minister of Defense, Eden Corps General Zoya Arcadia.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Success!

LaJd6UP.png

In Morgan Industries the last couple of Mission Years had been characterized by constant surprises and immense policy shifts. A seemingly simple delivery by Sister Miriam of communications protocols for Pravin Lal's faction had triggered a significant chain-reaction, culminating in brief vendetta, sudden contact with the former Unity Chief Science Officer, subsequent normalization of relations with the Peacekeepers and acquisition of extensive exploration data.

As the pieces of the Planetary puzzle were now falling into place, new markets and opportunities materialized at a rapid pace. Despite several worm-related mishaps, most notably the savage destruction of the first Morganic laser foil and shameful loss of an entire flame-tank squadron, the general mood of the employees was exceedingly positive. This high-energy attitude extended all the way to the top echelon, and it was a genuinely cheerful CEO who greeted his board of directors.

"Apex news, gentlemen! I have concluded my conversation with the good Provost, and let me tell you: it's a done deal. Our proposed Pact of Brotherhood was accepted with much candor! Intelligence data is being exchanged as we speak, and their know-how on biology and genetics will greatly enhance our longevity treatments, increase the perfection of our talent base and aid our vat-grown meat production! And the real kicker, of course - the linking of network nodes and mutually enriching commercial contracts!"

"Well done, CEO!" Caen exclaimed almost immediately, eager to beat the others to the punch. His own business had been rough as of late, and with little more than his stock portfolio and the Planet Pasta franchise to his name, his seat on the board was becoming uncomfortably precarious. "Any chance the University will adopt our superior Free Market model?"

"I am hopeful they will. Zakharov is a reasonable man, so how could he refuse the profit projections? This recent vendetta might prolong the switch, however."

"Speaking of which, did he shed any further light on Santiago's followers?" Yutani asked.

"He did, and then some!" Morgan affirmed. "They are predominantly militarizing the Monsoon archipelago, with Fortress of Arrogance emerging as their main production and military headquarters. Zakharov assures us their forces are currently spread quite thin. They have inferior weapons, and are only just now investing in offensive formations and a navy. Set to expand, of course. For now, the Peacekeepers might still fend them off."

"As for Santiago's main continent" Morgan continued and motioned to the 3D-map before them, "Sparta Command is formidable, the rest of their bases remain unimpressive. Their energy production is a joke, but who expected otherwise from a planned economy!" Bursts of laughter erupted around the table. "Now, Mount Planet is a unique asset. Its slopes offer considerable mineral resources and a bounty of geothermal energy. Readings indicate Spartans are already attempting to utilize it."

"Any idea where they will strike, CEO?" Jones asked as he studied the data. "I doubt they will be overly pleased by our pact."

"Initial data suggested Spartan intervention in the Hive-Gaian conflict, but now they appear to align themselves with the victors" Morgan said. "Shrewd if true."

"So Deirdre and her freaks will be wiped off the map." Harrisch smirked. "Hey, good riddance, if you ask me!"

Good-humored chuckles swept the room, and Morgan carried on. "Splendid little war, that, yes. Now indeed, the Spartans might very well consider us a target and seek to menace our business interests, but if so we will be ready to repel them. Far more likely is a full invasion of Peacekeeping territory a couple of years down the line to secure the jungle proper, unless a cease fire is negotiated."

"And what of Sister Miriam", Blake inquired. "Won't she take this move as an insult? After all, the University and the Believers are diametrically opposed to each other..."

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" Morgan replied, drawing a few more laughs. "Friend Miriam has no reason to distrust us. Besides, uniting opposing forces through the free flow of capital has always been our stated mission."

"Any number of things could go wrong, CEO" Blake remarked, seeming unconvinced. "It's a high-stakes game we're playing..."

"Always!" Morgan affirmed resolutely. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
General Lee surveyed the ruins and the horrors it contained ruefully. Risen Lands? It should have been named Jonestown. The Eco-Rangers and the Eden Corp had drunk deeply of "Lady" Skye's Cool-Aid and massacred the more reasonable citizens. Lee and his troops were too late to save them, the citizens willing and eager to embrace the discipline of the Hive. They were also too late to serve justice to their murderers. The perpetrators, like the villains of Jonestown, drank the Cool-Aid to avoid the righteous justice of the Hiveworms. What could lead them to such madness? Hive leadership would only learn that upon approaching Gaia's Landing. "Lady" Skye's insane, but unfortunately charismatic, ravings were all over the airwaves. Would the same tragedy play out at the remaining Gaian bases? The chairman and his generals prayed it would not, but the newfound militancy of the Eden Corp made the outcome all too likely.

Yeah, I definitely screwed up going green so early. The Manifold Nexus and the amount of worms I was running across led me there but stunted me significantly, but out worming the Greens has been fun. I was rng screwed on unity pods too. I'm only (maybe) relevant now because I was able to absorb some of Gaia's rampant growth in population and tech. If Brozil had put any effort into defense things would be much different. A tougher nut to crack and less expansion in my direction, and I probably would have turtled to my own detriment.

Hellraiser

Arcane

YNp0GQ3.png

A University Education Office media production.

Cheerful narrator: Hey kids, do you know what time it is?

Kids: It's time for science!!!

Cheerful narrator: And do you know what that means?

Kids: Experiments, reactions, atom-splitting and genetically engineered fun!

Cheerful narrator: That's right!

In this episode of the Online Creche of Young Science...

...we will learn how recycling tanks work...

...how to act when mind worms appear...

...what is needed to build a Chicago pile in your bedroom...

...why agriculture is the basis of civilization.

But first we will join our friends from the Zoloto-Gold Children Creche who will be visited by a very special guest, Provost Zakharov.

Kids: Wow!

*flashy and colourful transition animation*

Kids: Hello Provost Zakharov.

Zakharov: Hello children. Do you have any questions you would like to ask?

Dorothy: Provost Zakharov, when will we go into space again?

Zakharov: I see you are an Ad Astra sympathizer. *laughs* Well, developments are on the way that will let us fly into space once again. The details are secret but major progress is being made, you will hear about it soon.

Igor: Why are Spartans always so angry?

Zakharov: They have plenty reasons to be angry. Isles of the Deep are swimming past their bases, threatening their lives. Their settlements lack basic facilities such as recycling tanks, LAN bars, network nodes or creches so common in University bases. They live in squalor and are jealous of our standard of living.

I see you hold a Sir Isaac Newton Gravity Master action figure made by Morgan Edutainment Toys Incorporated. Did you know that the Spartan children have no toys? Their days are full of misery and brutality enforced by the Colonel, instead of the fun and learning you can enjoy.

This is why their government is constantly bombarding them with a fear-mongering narrative. They make their people afraid with lie after lie so that they do terrible things for them out of fear and without question, so that the madwoman Santiago can stay in power, despite the atrocious living standards of their bases.

Marcel: Can they hurt us?

Zakharov: No. For all their boasting their armed forces are inferior to our University Legion and our friends the UN Peacekeepers which is why the Spartans hide on their islands and in their shanty towns.

Astrid: How can we help to stop the Spartans?

Zakharov: Dear children, you are already helping by being in this creche and others like it across the University. You will gain knowledge and learn skills, develop talents and in a few cycles when you grow up you will find meaningful and productive employment in our faction. Already you are much smarter than the average Spartan adult! The average University 10-cycles old child contributes more to R&D efforts than a supposedly skilled team of Spartan "scientists".

Carl: Why were people protesting in University Base last cycle?

Zakharov: Because they are drones. Drones do not understand how the universe works, this is why they vote for the Drone Prosperity Front or for the Green Block. They think that just by wanting something to happen it will happen and there will be no negative consequences contrary to known facts and collected data. Like the Spartans they refuse to accept reality and block it out with made up false narrative.

Our government expanded our infrastructure to levels unseen anywhere else on Planet, raised life expectancy by delaying the ageing process and our farms are capable of feeding a large number of people. Instead of being grateful for all this hard work some unjustifiably entitled people responded by making more demands. These things happen in a democratic society because everyone can protest, no matter how inane the reason is and we will not resort to nerve stapling protesters as it would go against the established democratic rules of the University Charter. As an enlightened faction we have dispatched additional social technicians to ease the crowd and channel its energy into less disruptive activities, thus ending the protests.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

To: University Science Legion Stratcomm
Encryption Level: Planescape

Code Zeta Null. Infantry threat vector identified. Gamma cannon fire identified. Equipment matches intelligence on "Sardarkaur Bronze" formations. Alert Monitoring Station base. We are being invaded.

Spartans landed two Gamma (Impact) squads and killed my Laser Artillery plus a former. Yeah, putting it to guard those formers was not my smartest move. Then again I didn't expect Merc to ship his only two Gamma squads there that fast. One squad he just got last turn! Probably upgraded something.

BTW Gaia's Landing has fallen last turn. So much for TBS' epic defences.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yuge!

zz1hV8i.png

Nwabudike Morgan: Shareholders, employees, allies and would-be enemies. Time is money, so I will be brief. Not long ago, the Board of Directors received broadcasts from the Spartan Federation. Little of value was said: a prospective tech trade was broached. The tech on the table? Beyond useless files on some eco-symbiosis prattle, as if our corporation would ever want to waste time and resources on such nonsense!

Nwabudike Morgan: The "negotiations" were clearly a stalling tactic. But for what? It did not take long for CorpSec to locate teams of sniffling Spartans in the xenofungal heaps near Morgan Mil-Tek. Our A.I.M. operatives have identified these bumbling fools for what they are: unity "scout" rover squads and a military detachment of "commandos", no doubt looking to infiltrate our Datalinks, rob us of technological data and put their filthy extremist hands on our precious wealth, all while their High Command feigns interest in trade and cooperation!

Nwabudike Morgan: CorpSec has been put at high alert. Morgan Mil-Tek Dreadnoughts are being deployed as I speak. Vendetta is bad for business, but weakness is even worse. To Sparta, I say this: turn over your offending units to Morgan control and you may yet have your treaty and all the blessings our commerce can bestow. Perhaps, after years of debriefing, we will even return them to you unharmed. Any other action will be deemed malicious and intentional trespassing on corporate property and result in their destruction. Morgan out.

Funny thing, I almost thought Merc got my comm frequency from a pod at first.

Moved a scout past the square by pure chance, saw probe team and rover, no doubt landed from a Unity foil.

Grouped together to avoid getting captured as well. I'm shocked and appalled! :lol:

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Gentlemen, it is official. The Hippies have been removed from the premises!

*applause from the whole council room*

Status of the Hive, 60 years since planetfall:

Diplomatic situation: Acceptable
In a surprising turn of logic, "Lady" Skye surrendered her remaining bases and evacuated. Relations with Sparta are friendly. Additionally, they seem busy elsewhere.

Strategic Situation: Acceptable
With the Gaian surrender and evacuation, we are only competing with the native life. Our military needs modernization but is up to the task.

Research Situation: Tolerable
Progress is slow but expected to improve.

Base situation: Tolerable
With the war over, base development is finally proceeding.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Srjy14D.png

This is Morgan 3d-News - your number one choice for a piece of the action!

Generic news anchor #1: "DynaZauber and Mil-Tek stocks are continuing to soar after the annual shareholder meeting at Morgan Corporate Center. It was an exceptionally elated and vibrant CEO who reported on the ups and down of the fiscal Mission Year - and what a year it was! A record corporate profit of an astounding seventy mega-credits! Shells in the night as Morgan Docking bombarded the Spartan intruders! A surge in diplomacy as enemy distress signals were intercepted and decoded by Morgan CorpSec, granting comm frequencies for both Sheng-Ji Yang's faction and Deirdre Skye's eco-extremists. The first ever Planetary Council initiated by the good Provost Zakharov, and of course, the approval of the shareholders to pronounce VENDETTA upon the Spartan menace!

[cut to Nwabudike Morgan's passionate address]

Nwabudike Morgan: "Stakeholders! Employees! Friends! We face today the greatest threat to prosperity that Planet has ever seen! Not only has the deranged terrorist Santiago and her sociopathic cronies blatantly ignored our demands, trespassed further on corporate property and committed outrageous atrocities against our trading partners, they are in fact hell bent on achieving total Planetary conquest! Effective immediately, I motion to eliminate this threat to our legitimate business interests! No trade, no quarter, no mercy to the enemies of the Free Market! No longer will the world be dominated by the legacy of these fools!"

[focus on cheering crowds, cut back to studio]

Generic news anchor #2: "Well said, CEO! In addition to supporting the motion, Morgan shareholders also voted to reelect the entire Board of Directors, affirm a new trade agreement with the Peacekeepers and approve a new set of executive compensation packages. Next up, Morgan Market Watch, but first a word from our sponsors..."

[Pleasant synthetic female voice] "Are competitors infringing on your profits? Is your business menaced by drone agitators, hostile probe teams or eco-cultists? Do you have a particular rival who needs to be taken down a notch, or two, or the entire ladder? If you answer YES to any of these questions, you need Morgan A.I.M. - the top tier alliance of cutting edge quality consultants delivering proactive business solutions in a soon-to-be post-charter environment! Morgan A.I.M. - Because everyone deserves a smooth operation."

AwfsDHo.png

Tracking and decoding my ass, just caught the luckiest break you can imagine.

Paranoid that Merc might send his foil full of probes back to infiltrate me I'd started using artillery bombardment on sea fungus squares near newly constructed Morgan Docking. Didn't even expect to hit anything, but lo and behold, this came up:

KeDDMVS.png

Found the ship! Obviously I proceeded to bombard it.

Dkmiqh8.png

Dunno if I even put a dent into it. Still worth it, because next thing you know this happened...

d9JQQMu.png

xZhVMlV.png

Yes! All comm frequencies, and the amusing part is that Merc didn't even have Brozil's contact due to his restart.

Oh, and finally, my attack on Sparta apparently melted the heart of everyone's favourite A.I.

93b1p5R.png

Kind of late, but not complaining. Should yield me some nice commerce. Until he's wiped out, of course. :lol:

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
6MkLS9K.png

Spartan war crimes continue in Serenity Halls! The Boys in Blue still stand proud!

Spartan Forces have been busy killing hundreds of innocent civilians including women, children and the elderly indiscriminately in Serenity Halls. It is the latest in the series of barbaric bombardments followed by Spartan Death Squads eradicating harmless and peaceful people. People who until the madwoman came knew nothing but joy and happiness under Brother Lal's rule. Now they know only sorrow or oblivion as the gift of life was taken away from them by the thugs of the rogue faction. They do not seek to subjugate us militarily, no. They seek to commit GENOCIDE of the worst kind! They seek to bask in their brutal primitive destructive nature. The Spartans represent all the flaws of mankind that lead to the fall of Earth's civilization. And now they aim to annihilate humanity's refugees on Chiron.

Planet does not idly watch these crimes. Justice is coming to Santiago and it is coming out of our Gamma Cannons. We train day and night with our University allies to vanquish our dark foe into the history books where it can exist only as a villains next to other such terrifying scoundrels as Hitler, Stalin and George W. Bush. The Peacekeepers are coming for Santiago and she will wish she would just get a remake of the Nuremberg trials.

The top wonders of the University as seen by UN soldiers and entrepreneurs.

Sponsored by the Morgan Sextourism Travel Group - "We'll help you travel to relaxing nice warm and wet places! Come and see for yourself!"

The Great Babylon Hydroelectric Dam

The largest dam on Planet captures immense amounts of hydroelectricity and is well over 200 meters tall. It powers the impressive labs of University Base, its famous LAN bars and the University HQ Spire. Without it Planet's most impressive Capital would not be the modern urban jewel that it is.

The Xenoarchelogy Institute

The institute houses a museum displaying the collected knowledge on the progenitor civilization. There is still much we can learn of this advanced culture but what we do know is impressive and inspiring. And it is bound to get more impressive as major effort is being made by University xenoarcheoengineers to uncover more secrets left behind by these magnificent former inhabitants of Planet, through a major expansion of the facilities at University Base.

The Sunny Mesa

Located on the eastern fringes of University territory the Mesa is an amazing natural wonder created by eons of erosion and geological activity. A tranquil virgin landmark untouched by civilization, a monument to Planet. It is breathtaking and spectacular, well worth the difficult journey to this uninhabited area.

Picon Mare

This large lake once believed to be a sea starts on the beaches of University Base and stretches a long way to the south. It hosts a unique ecosystem not found anywhere else on Planet due to its separation from the ocean aeons ago, making it a prime destination for scuba diving. Sailing is very popular with the Talents of University Base and regattas are a frequent sight in the northern part of Picon Mare.

The Borehole Cluster

A site of the first atrocity since Planetfall, the ruins are impressive although dangerous and covered in fungus. They are the destination of many creche trips during which children of the University learn of the great tragedy inflicted upon mankind by the Spartans. It is a very emotional experience, with children and adults often crying at the sheer barbarism of the crime known as mongol-mongol.

The single working borehole however is in a league of its own. Operated by University Engineers it outputs tremendous amounts of raw materials and energy. Gazing into it is like staring into the heart of the sun. The sheer power before your eyes is a life-changing experience. The only downside is the security experience but in war time and considering past events it is not at all surprising that one out of six would-be visitors to the Borehole Cluster are taken away by Custodes officers, never to be seen again.

Picard Mons

One of the University's tallest mountains, the slopes of Picard Mons are home to popular exo-boarding resorts. From its top one has a magnificent view on Caladan Mare to the west and on University Base with the Babylon Riverside Forest to the south-east, as well as a view on Picon Mare.

FYI we just passed a repeal of the UN Charter, Lal voted in favour :lol: He's also suffering from quite a bit of Spartan raiding. I wonder how long will he last. Serenity Halls is out of cannon fodder so I expect Merc will waltz in next turn unless Brother Lol pulls some rovers out of his ass.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
In a knock down, drag out war. Vote to repeal UN Charter. Bitch when your citizens get roasted. Silly Lal gonna LOL.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
pDTrAgd.png

Fleshcrafted female newsreader: "The market-hostile tyrant Santiago was taught a stinging lesson in humility today as Morgan CorpSec Gamma Frigate M.I.S. "Orange Man" hunted down and utterly destroyed her notorious Spartan infiltrators! The transport of terror and all its passengers were sent to well-deserved watery graves, but not before sustaining righteous amounts of laser, shredder and gamma-induced injuries! Good riddance, we say, and a small step to avenge the atrocity at Serenity Hall. I bet they wish they had listened to CEO Morgan's most reasonable demands."

Plastic-looking male newsreader: "On that note, our beloved Nwabudike Morgan has personally condemned the senseless jungle slaughter, lamenting the loss of lucrative trade deals with the now obliterated base. In a stunning display of humanitarianism, our good CEO pledged to support the Peacekeepers to the utmost extent - within the realms of practical possibility. The ensuing Morganic-Peacekeeping Pact of Brotherhood is predicted to boost commerce considerably!"

Fleshcrafted female newsreader: "In related news, Pravin Lal is set to become the first Planetary Governor of Chiron. Supported by the voting constituents of Peacekeeping Command, the University, Morgan Industries and the Lord's Believers, he appears to have secured a solid democratic victory despite the nefarious Spartan attempt to reduce his own voter base by means of cold-blooded genocide. Way to go, Lal!"

cSKn9a0.png

Plastic-looking male newsreader: "Finally, Morgan Industries has entered into profitable trade agreements both with the Human Hive and the Gaian enclave. All of humanity now partakes in mutually enriching commerce with our corporation - aside, of course, from the crumbling Spartan terrorist state. And that concludes our news for tonight! And now, a word from..."

[torrent of adverts follows]

pqFc1LJ.png

YES! Foil carrying probe team and rover downed. Don't think Merc expected me to rush and send out a naval foil. Typically you wouldn't be able to sustain them in the field, what with the negative police rating of Free Market (drones riot when you send military units outside your territory). Funny thing is, the Gene Tanks bonus talent and the boost from conservative future government nullifies the pacifism effect! Low pop bases can thus afford to send a unit out without drone riots, and that's just what I did.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Troggered several alarms, indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom