Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn - Game 1

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
180444.jpg

Trinity Broadcasting Network Special Report LIVE

Jedediah Tremblay
: Good morning, true believers! Our Missionaria Protectiva have, with the grace of God, successfully converted another of Gaia's cities to the teachings of our Lord and Savior. This is the second such miraculous conversion following Port Yara which, in the few years since its people eagerly and joyously adopted the word of God, has proven vital as a mission from which proselytizing campaigns can be launched into the deeper Gaian territories.

Mary Tremblay: Amen, Jed! Sadly, despite the efforts of the Missionaria to peaceably bring the word of God to as many Gaian cities as possible, the depth to which the pagan witches had ingrained themselves and their chaotic beliefs into the fabric of the Gaian capital of Second Landing has forced an Exterminatus to be carried out. Sister Miriam was stricken with grief in authorizing the Exterminatus as there were an unknown number of Believing missionaries in the city at the time, attempting to spread the word, as well as a number of our Morganic allies. We Believers remain ever faithful however, and know that this was God's Will made manifest. A candle light vigil will be held tonight at 9:00 PM Central Planet Time lead by Sister Miriam herself as we pray for the souls of those righteous citizens who have been martyred in the ongoing conflict.

Jedediah Tremblay: That's right, Mary. And I'd like to remind our faithful viewers that Morgan Everlast Candles are available right now through our online store, and make sure to use the promo code GODROX for a special 65% discount. Now, I would like to end today's broadcast with a reading from Romans 1:24 - 27. "Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error."

Mary Tremblay: Amen!

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Memo to all Hive base commanders

The Guild has confirmed garbled transmissions from the war in the east. They report Gaian minds shutting down en masse not long before their life force ceased. The chairman and Hive high council considers this to be proof of nerve agent attacks. Additionally, the Guild reports other Gaian minds suddenly shifting patterns: the "normal" hedonistic impressions became superstitious and conservative, if not prudish, and consistent with that of the Believers. The council has concluded the Believers have employed mind control probes. Taken together, it seems "Lady" Skye is on the end of another losing conflict. While we will shed no tears nor lose any sleep should her faction fall, we must take heed of the warning signs. Especially since we currently have no answer to nerve gas nor interceptors to prevent its delivery. The conflict in the east proves today's friend may be tomorrow's enemies. We hope the peace of the Hive to reign for deca-cycles to come, but we will not make "Lady" Skye's mistake. We can no longer rely on The Hive and Fecundity Tower to provide the bulk of our military needs. Additional Bio-Enhancement centers will come on-line soon. All bases are to be defended by enhanced, psi-teams, AAA and Trance garrisons with the best armor as soon as practicable. Obsolete units will disband after replacements arrive. This is priority one, gentlemen.

We hope our friends and allies will put their differences aside and end this conflict. We hope we prepare for a conflict that will never come! But we will be prepared, however, should our friend's successes in the east cause them to cast greedy in our direction!

Hellraiser

Arcane
Transcript of the University research project evaluation meeting, cycle 114 sol 286.

Zakharov: It is good to see you all in person for a change fellow scholars.

Feldt: Of course Provost, the disruptions from sunspot activity have made it annoying to set up holoconferences.

Zakharov: Indeed they have, let’s start with the usual order of business. First on the list we have… P281/0, that one I believe is yours Karlsson?

Karlsson: Indeed it is. All is on schedule, the target date will be met.

Zakharov: That is good to hear, what about the related projects? P281/2 and P281/3?

Feldt: P281/2 is progressing well, we have quite some data to sift through from field experiments.

Zakharov: I see, how did it go out there in the field?

Feldt: Quite good, we recovered many bodies for dissection and hardware for analysis of enemy equipment. I would also say that wreckage scuba diving would be a hit in Gaia’s Second Landing as a result of P281/2 but there were complications.

Zakharov: Yes, I saw that in the reports on P277/0 and on the news. Shame about that base and those poor people. Speaking of which, what is the status on P282/0?

Gavrikov: GAGCHEM has nothing, I sat in the lab with them for decicycles. The agent is too potent. Nasty stuff, very corrosive. The alternatives have to be considered, this one is a dead end for the foreseeable future and further investigation is a waste of faction resources. With the samples retrieved by our agents from Gaia's Second Landing we can only further confirm what I just mentioned.

Zakharov: By alternatives you mean P282/1 and P282/2?

Gavrikov: Yes, either of them looks more promising.

Zakharov: Very well. I know what is going on with P282/1 as that one I am supervising that directly. Tamura, what about P282/2?

Tamura: Simulations bode well, still waiting for new data. All is in place to collect it when the time comes.

Zakharov: Good, keep me updated once you get the data. Now back to… P281/3. Feldt?

Feldt: All I need are the resources and it can be done once P281/0 is delivered. Just give me your word.

Zakharov: Noted. What else do we have… P282/0?

Karlsson: On track, had a bit of a threat from native life but that has been dealt with. Planet pearl yield however was suboptimal.

Zakharov: Better that than letting the vermin kill our people or damage our infrastructure. So that leaves us with… P285/0.

Gavrikov: RFB destroyed a forest, second such sudden event not triggered by a unity pod. Luckily we have more forests around there than we can exploit so progress has not been hindered. This rapid fungal bloom seems to have calmed down the nearby native life though. The lifeforms were rather agitated after some infrastructure projects became operational in the area, now they seem more dormant.

Zakharov: Fascinating, have some local xenobiologists investigate that as a priority, they’re probably not doing much anyway besides begging for more funds. I will enter it under P291/0. Also now that you mentioned this event, I need some empaths for something else… call it P291/1. Tamura, could you arrange those for me? The Psi Corps is your little kingdom.

Tamura: Naturally. What is this about?

Zakharov: I have this hypothesis, what if this whole planet and its ecosystem based around fungus is an experiment into large scale psionic interaction?

Tamura: Any particular reason for this hypothesis?

Zakharov: Call it a dream or a vision if you wish, and before you ask I was sober at the time. Quite coincidental with the time of this whole RFB now that I look at Gavrikov’s data.

Tamura: Interesting, not at all implausible considering the discoveries of recent cycles. This link needs to be investigated.

Zakharov: That should be all from me and our agenda. Anything else any of you would like to discuss?

Feldt: I do, P278/0 is yielding considerable benefits. I recommend a rollout to other sites.

Zakharov: I will consider it Feldt. A lot of things currently can yield us considerable benefits, the question is on what timescale can we definitely yield those benefits considering the alternatives, our resources and current events.

Karlsson: Project Pi?

Zakharov: Project Pi is Project Pi, it will be discussed separately during the dedicated meeting. I see no one else wants to raise any topic. Do we end this meeting?

Feldt: Ok for me.

Karlsson: Let’s call it a day.

Tamura: Yes.

Gavrikov: I agree.

Got some fungal blooms (having the best mineral production on Planet helps), killed some worms, gave Christmas gifts to TBS that doubled as new year fireworks.

TBS is down to 3 bases currently. He lost two to gas attacks, two to mind control. The situation is rather dynamic and escalating. Miriam landed some missile troops on his doorstep last turn but they became test subjects for new fireworks so they didn't do much. Looks like Morgan decided to gift his genocide planes to Miriam for some reason.

I'm leading in tech, Yang is leading in everything else. Overall scores are Hive in first place, me just behind it with Morgan behind me to a bigger degree than I am behind the Hive.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
New Tomorrow

R7besvy.png

AlphaTalent Newscaster:
"Chad McChadwick here with Morgan Mediabreak - a Morgan 4d-Vision® production! - Bringing you Planet, one news item at a time!™ Top story tonight: the Annual General Meeting in Morgan Headquarters! As previously reported, the proposed appropriation of surplus was approved by the Type A shareholders and our Mission Year-end dividend was set at 379.0 per common share. The Board of Directors was just reelected following a conclusive vote of the Type B shareholders, and the concluding Q/A session is still going strong. But enough talk - over to the action!"

[cut to grand meeting hall]

Meeting Chairman: "... thus prompting a group of concerned Type A shareholders to question the approved bonuses of 660 million in total to the Board of Directors as of 6 January, M.Y. 2216. Is it really justified to wire such a sum to your own accounts, and what kind of message does it send when we are in midst of full-on vendetta?"

Harrisch: "Hey now, let me counter: what message would it send if we WOULDN'T reward our best performing employees? A message of market-hostile communism, that's what! Besides, a display such as this - it is a good thing. It shows people they can be successful. It shows a way of life - the life in the big city! - and it proves that if you work smarter and harder, come next Mission Year, YOU might be up here reaping the bonus!"

Meeting Chairman: "And ain't that the Morganic way! Now, concerned shareholders ask how we will keep up with the booming mineral production of the University, and to a lesser - yet critical - extent, that of the Human Hive."

Nwabudike Morgan: "A good question! Under my personal supervision, Morgan Paramount Mining has acquired several independent terraforming companies and are now consolidating them into one great Enricher Caravan™ which will not only satisfy our own industry, but accommodate the demand for high-quality, competitive mineral resources on the global market, one power-drilled borehole at a time!"

[snazzy adverts injected for emphasis]

fn4CsHr.png

Meeting Chairman: "Spectacular! Now, CEO, you are primarily known for your impeccable business ethics and great service to mankind. Still, Provost Zakharov has pictured you as some kind of criminal mastermind as of late, even calling you a "warlord" perpetuating "Corporate Slavery". What is Zakharov's angle?"

Morgan: "I am shocked and appalled! Last night I watched season 7 of Morgan 4d-Vision's Crime Time BRO TEAM and let me tell you - it nearly brought a tear to my eye. Based on a true story, too, for I am a man of law and good on Planet - the law of contract enforcement and the good of providing pleasure. Why, you might even call me a Paladin of Profit! So what went wrong? My guess is that brother Zakharov is being pushed to inane action by his coalition partners."

[drone cameras zoom in for impactful close-up]

Morgan: "Now, you must understand, the University elite do not merely operate *outside* the confines of conventional morality - everything comes second to their pursuit of knowledge! As I always remind you - scientific pursuits must be justified by practical and profitable applications. Can that be said of the University's actions? They have abandoned the Free Market and do precious little but to push communist-style "planned" tyranny to facilitate depraved worm-romancing under the guise of their "Xenoempathy" project!

Meeting Chairman: "Absolutely disgusting! Still, the University seems determined to pursue hostilities. What is your comment on their chemical warfare accusations?"

Morgan: "Those, of course, are 100% true. Morgan Industries possesses state-of-the-art nerve agents, and damage-control teams have already delivered quite a few to the Gaian terrorists assaulting our Believing allies. Now, I know what you're thinking: crimes against mankind and all that nonsense. Please! The University cry out as they strike you! Didn't they lobby to repeal the U.N. Charter in the first place? Morgan Industries, I remind you, was always ready to reinstate it. The University, of course, refuses, because they rely on crude nerve-stapling to keep their population in check. The hypocrisy is sickening!"

Meeting Chairman:
"Yes, but to be honest, CEO, didn't you also issue a corp-wide stapling order in M.Y. 2208?"

Morgan:
"Of course I did! Yang and Zakharov were doing it, so what choice did I have to remain competitive and increase the corporate value of Morgan Industries?"

Meeting Chairman: "Completely understandable! Final question is from concerned employees and regards the xeno-threat. What is the Board doing to combat the onslaught, particularly in light of the Hive's worm boils and the University's "ecological" focus?"

Korenchkin: "What an unexpected, completely genuine question. The answer: Morgan TriOptimum's brand new Neural Amplifier, developed by my good friend Dr. Kurwa."

[cut to snazzy loyalty-boosting advert]

SlMEMw0.png

Korenchkin: "Utilizing Human Hive psych imprinting and our advances in neural interfacing, this new breakthrough can briefly be described as a means of boosting the human mind's natural ability to resist telepathic intrusion. How? By means of positive reinforcement of thoughts, feelings, even memories. For example, your typical CorpSec flamethrower grunt, beset by a boil of mind-warping worms, will be able to soldier through and carry out his or her duty by receiving morale-strengthening counter-feeds from implant-guided Morgan TriOptimum COPE™ sensations. The nature of these varies from individual to individual: for some, the comfort of friends, family, and home. For others, their stock portfolio, Scripture, or their favourite waifu. The results: increased worm-purging efficiency by up to 50%."

Meeting Chairman: "Fantastic! This concludes our Q/A session for this Mission Year. We thank you all for attending, and as always appreciate our good sponsors for enhancing our broadcast: Morgan Industries, Morgan DynaZauber, Morgan Pleasure Dome, Morganland Theme Park..."

Yes! Traded Orbital Spaceflight for Psych Imprinting with Grimgravy, used my saved up minerals from previous project building to instanty build Neural Amplifier. Hopefully he won't be upset, I mean, he wasn't even building the project! +50% defense against worm attacks is a God-send for Morgan, so it would've been immoral to desist.

Also, vendetta against Gaia rages on, AO is holding on to his conquered clay (so far) though not without considerable losses of Seraphim bombers. He has also colonized the island previously housing Gaia's Second Landing and yours truly just deployed a forward base to contain market-hostile tomfoolery.

Hellraiser has been strangely passive giving me pre-traumatic stress over imagined missile bombardments every single turn. Don't think he's even gotten involved in the fight except by transferring buff defenders to Gaia in Quake City and fighting like one Believing Missile Squad. I've not done much myself either, aside from killing a pod-stealing Gaian rover in my territory and bombing one of their probe teams. Subject to change, of course.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
The Hive has never resorted to nerve stapling! Also, building a project after it has been completed seems like an exploit that should be banned next game.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
9a5KpwN.png

This is Morgan Lulz-Rec with a fresh report from our CorpSec Conflict Resolution Team operating out of newly established Morgan Blackwater. After brief and impactful negotiations our dedicated colleagues are pleased to report the successful neutralization of the stronghold of xeno-extremism known as Sand Shore! Nearly all its market-hostile extremists have been appropriately, forcefully retired, and the base itself has of course been wiped off the face of Planet. Good job, team!

jVGcR56.png

Following our justified intervention the vile terrorist Deirdre's assets have now been reduced to merely two bases, Glowmite Towers and Quake City, both reportedly chock-full of University anti-air batteries, Cyber-Warriors and recently arrived combat choppers. While naturally inferior to state-of-the-art CorpSec counterparts, it is a sad reminder that Deirdre has avoided justice solely due to Zakharov's wrongheaded support. According to most trustworthy sources which cannot be named given the risk to their lives, the remaining Gaian population wants nothing more than to throw off the yoke of the tyrant and join their brethren under Miriam's benevolent leadership. To the University we can but plead for reason: let Miriam's people go!

Also, building a project after it has been completed seems like an exploit that should be banned next game.

I always do that! Also, my building of the already finished project was visible through infiltration all along. But yeah, we can ban it, of course.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
I always do that! Also, my building of the already finished project was visible through infiltration all along. But yeah, we can ban it, of course.

I saw it, A deal is a deal, after all. My memory is shoddy, is that a change in the mod? Didn't Civ II scrap wonders being built when someone else completed them? I'm confident Civ III and IV did.

Hellraiser

Arcane

I saw it, A deal is a deal, after all. My memory is shoddy, is that a change in the mod? Didn't Civ II scrap wonders being built when someone else completed them? I'm confident Civ III and IV did.

This was always possible in SMAC from what I know, the game only informs you you cannot finish it.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yes, I recall doing the same in Game 2 and that was SMAC with Kyrub's patch. In Civ II you can do it as well. At least in single player, Merc seemed to have issues with wonder production switching automatically in our PBEM game. Kind of an aside though.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Unidentified male 1: "The mission was a resounding success! The greatest achievement of the Hive intelligence service since the opening of our own conflict with "Lady" Skye. It will take some time to leverage all this new knowledge."
Unidentified female: "Really? How did they do it?"
Unidentified male 2: "Morgan and his fanatical allies distracted them. The Guild noticed the opening."
Unidentified male 1: "And the intelligence service took advantage. "
Unidentified female: "Will the University retaliate?"
Unidentified male 2: "Only if they want a second front. It's not like they wouldn't have done the same."
Unidentified female: "Waa!"
Unidentified male 1: "I hear the chairman sent Morgan and Miriam fruits baskets to say thanks!"
All: <laughing>

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
183906.jpg

in case the first image link doesnt work
BWE9VBd.jpg

Excerpt from Sister Miriam: The Conversations Vol. III -- By Scribe Brother Saul

Sister Miriam: Have we made any further progress in determining what impels the University to defend the Gaians so fervently? Perhaps if there were some rational, pragmatic reason behind their actions then we could, with the aid of Brother Morgan, seek to offer the University a deal which would outweigh whatever benefits they see coming from propping up the Gaian's moldering corpse.

Brother Isaac: Our best intelligence indicates the University originally aided the Lady Deidre in rebuilding the Gaian colonies after their crushing defeat at the hands of the Hive; in having so large a hand in rebuilding their society Zakharov was able to exert tremendous influence over the Gaians, a loyal lapdog which he could use as he saw fit.

Sister Miriam: That makes sense...but only to a point. Why did they not simply crush the Gaians when they were in no condition to fight following their original defeat? Why waste valuable colony pods which the University itself could have used? Zakharov could have expanded into the territory that the Gaians were attempting, poorly, to rebuild upon, which would have strengthened their hold on the continent more efficiently--without having to deal with the ever unreliable Gaians. Even as a puppet state what can Lady Deidre offer the University, neither their martial nor economic capabilities seem worth the effort.

Brother Isaac: Yes, this is where any sense of logic or rationale in the actions of the University seems to crumble. If I may posit my own theory, Sister Miriam.

Sister Miriam: Go ahead.

Brother Isaac: I was immersed last night in the writings of a certain Cogito Elite Philosopher of the early 21st century, a Swinia Wojenna. He described a behavior pattern in which a male, casting aside their own dignity and spiritual worth, might throw their own resources and capital at a female of loose reputation in the vain hopes of a return in the form of base pleasures, which of course never seems to come. Wojenna termed these men "Beta Buxxers.

Sister Miriam: I see, so you are saying that Brother Zakharov was "beta buxxing" Lady Deidre in the hopes of...

Brother Isaac: Pathetic, I know. But I'm sure you are aware of the reputation for degenerate proclivities such progressive academics were notorious for back on Earth.

Sister Miriam: The depth of depravity these sickos descend to never ceases to horrify me. Thank you for your valued insights, Brother Isaac.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"The Army of God tore down the Gaian biomes...one by one. Righteous fury unleashed. But the destruction was not sufficient to sate some appetites. Personally, I undo my belt buckle and expressed my own cathartic reactions the best way I could, through my other hole."

- Battle Priest Ao,
Attack Force Seraphim

"I want to go home... when I get home, I want to eat fried chicken fillet, with some protein strands. And cold Morgan beer before popping down to play my Post-Modern RPG all night,"

-Pvt. Stevens, Morgans CorpSec to his Personal M-41-D home drone assistant.

Warning: the above is the genuine opinion of a Morgan employee and not coerced nor marketed in any way to sell the upcoming M-series servant drone products that are readily available in the market. M-41-D, your best drone for housekeeping services.

tumblr_nnoms27hge1twbz24o1_500.gif

Available in other hair color spectrums that can be recognized by the human eyes.
And remember, no refunds! Remember, M-41-D, Kawaii AF!

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
7HuMzk5.png

Iavf2UX.png

1. 4131.jpg
    i want to cyberstalk my ex
  2. nah, fuck that, i'm ashamed i even asked this
  3. good
  4. stop allowing some dumb thot to control your brain
  5. Instead listen to the voice of Sister Miriam
  6. yeah, agreed. it was a momentary lapse
  7. and serve the army of God
  8. amen
  9. Deliver unto your enemies a desecration unlike any other for they have sinned
- The Box of Shouts, 20190111 1230 hours

ScaryAbleCarpenterant.webp

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
TXr9t2c.png

"The Angel of Death", Artistic rendition of the Retrocide at Quake City © Copyright Morgan MegaChurch M.Y. 2220.

BEAUTIFUL CARNAGE! Gaians purged by Morgan Mil-Tek Retrovirus!

Forward-thinking citizens rejoiced Planet-wide today as Morgan Industries announced mankind's first successful deployment of a gene-tailored retrovirus in the Alpha Centauri system! The Gaian stronghold of Quake City - previously considered invulnerable due to its exorbitant occupation by University Science Legion forces - was reportedly all but obliterated following a spectacular coordinated assault by Morgan A.I.M. Quality Consultants and Believing elite operatives. The strike occured just days after the University's refusal to accept or even negotiate a most generous peace offering by our beloved CEO.

The virus itself, carefully designed to spread through skin contact and via breathing of infected air, dealt massive losses both to civilian populations and military units stationed in the base, prompting spectacular, hardcore enjoyment for our viewers captured by A.I.M. fly-by drones, not to mention hilarious footage of panicking civilians attempting to storm the remaining secure vaults of the University occupation forces only to get gunned down and smashed to bloody goo!

The operation has not only signaled a new phase of warfare on Chiron but has also delivered a clear message to our misguided friends across the ocean. CEO Morgan personally commented: "A stunning success, and an excellent demonstration of our retro-viral capabilities! Old chap Zakharov should take heed - his precious labs might just be next."

Nez7ewy.png

Yes! Hellraiser had a bunch of defensive probe teams in the base, but AgentOrange took them out by rushing probes of his own and sending them in to clear the way for my drop probes, who hilariously skulked outside the base because I forgot you can't drop them and retain moves like with military units (just one of many similar noob mistakes this game).

Unfortunately Hellraiser moved out with a big bunch of units the turn before to attack Port Yara which might now be lost or might still stand. Also my original plan was to subvert the base and its units with my yehzah, but the cost was too absurd to consider. Either way, this leaves Quake City in a very precarious situation.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

8pl2PIg.png

Tour Guide: “Let me tell you about Operation KHAAAAN. Do you know what it was?”

[awkward silence]

Tour Guide: “Well, operation KHAAAAN was very important. The Science Legion, which was defending our Gaian friends from the intellectually deficient Continent Beta invaders, went on the offensive for the first time during the war.”

[the children make sounds of astonishment and awe]

Tour Guide: “See this, kids?”

[A hologram of an Orca VTOL craft in its Korolev Missile Launcher configuration is projected. Its twin sidefans spin rapidly as it majestically soars above fungal fields, below it several legion cohorts are running through fungus]

Tour Guide: “This is how it looked, a great tide of cyborg legionaries, custodes augments and psi corps empaths. All of those soldiers were transhuman, elite and unstoppable. All of them were capable of superhuman feats and willing to eradicate the foul pestilence that infected our continent and killed our Gaian friends.”

Little Girl: “Miriam was a big meanie!”

Tour Guide: “That is correct, Miriam was a meanie! But she is now safely locked away in her very own punishment sphere, experiencing excruciating pain non-stop ever since her capture!”

Little Girl: “Excelsior!”

[the other children cheer]

[Holoimage of white empath power suits appears]

Tour Guide: “The Psi Corps supported all cohorts with their awesome abilities of fungal control. The minds of these empaths were trained and augmented to make the fungus do their bidding allowing for rapid troop movement through fungus.“

[The holoprojector shows fungus forming tunnels, bridges and paths through which soldiers rapidly move]

Children: “WOW!"

Tour Guide: “Wow indeed! This was possible thanks to the remarkable achievement commonly known as the Xenoempathy Dome. A complex dedicated to psionic study of Planet’s xenofungal network. The very same complex that discovered that xenofungus forms a giant psionic brain!”

[The holoimage shows missiles are being seen fuelled. Liquid oxygen boil off is forming large clouds before the missiles launch and fly rapidly towards a primitive-looking assembly of troops bearing crosses and other religious iconography]

Tour Guide: “The Von Braun rockets were used by the Astrum Corps to shower the militants and their corporate masters in a torrential rain of fire. Believing casualties were enormous!”

Little Boy: “Supertacular!”

Tour Guide: “This large offensive, unprecedented in its scale at that time, stopped at the gates of Port Yara where it lurked in the Xenofungus preparing for the subsequent siege and liberation of the base! Hordes of living human test subjects were obtained as believing militants and support crews were captured during combat by the invincible forces of progress! Researchers everywhere rejoiced as the waiting time for test subjects for their research decreased dramatically, reducing much of the research backlog! Of note was research into countermeasures to viral weapons deployed by the subhuman warmonger Morgan against Quake City, but also studies in organ harvesting, pain tolerance and religious deprogramming.”

Little Girl: "That CEO Morgan, what a cunt!"

Teacher: "Suzy! Language!"

Tour Guide: "Sorry miss Vogler, I meant to say what a vagina..."

Teacher: "Very good, always call organs by their proper scientific names!"

Tour Guide: "But that is not all, the most important part of Operation KHAAAAN was..."

Part 1 of the Science Legion Museum holorecording made by the visiting trip from the Tsiolkovsky Institute Children’s Creche, recorded in Kopernigk Observatory during Cycle 2305

Here's some insight into the current events:

Vf9hBHr.png

This was taken a turn before, we are on 2220 M.Y now. I shopped out the critical details, although in the case of my siege force this was not necessary as Kalin spotted it hiding in fungus with a nerve gas missile rover on its last move :lol: So he gifted it to Miriam so that it could withdraw (it needs moves for that) if I attacked. I attacked, it withdrew after losing half of its hp, I finished it off with a missile from Quake City that was fighting off a viral infection.

Anyway I used all this snazzy fungus lying around to move a siege force in one turn to Port Yara's doorstep as I got the Xenoempathy Dome a few turns back and all my elite infantry has 2 moves. The continent Beta Bastards meanwhile are using needlejet stacking cheese to prevent me and TBS from just killing their ground troops. We lack air superiority tech and apparently you can't attack ground units before first killing any jets also present on the same tile. Which is why Kalin's probes managed to just chill at Quake City's doorstep for 2 or 3 turns and we couldn't kill them before they did the viral attack, I hoped the 3 probes on defence would stop them but didn't put enough of them there apparently.

We'll see how the situation develops. TBS got some new toys from me to kill some beta bastards on his turn. So far he has made good use of the units I gave him, missiled some invading missile troops, killed a probe ship with another missile. Only problem was his other bases were too far and in too risky locations to save them, also I focused more on rushing my defences as I thought they would rush in to take me out ASAP after rolling through Gaia. If I knew how dreadfully disorganised their invasion was I would just stomp them at the first opportunity.

I expect TBS will kill yet again this turn and save Quake City once more, but who know what Kalin and AO are plotting, we'll see next turn.

Overall ranking:

qxzdbj1.png

Yang leading everywhere except wealth, because Morgan was hoarding energy for mind control of Quake City, but I helped TBS make the MC cost of the base too prohibitive (2400 energy apparently). Hence the virus attack which I did not expect, I do not remember if we ever seen it used before in Codexian SMAC PBEM.

Also brother Lol now hates my guts as AO bullied him into a pact. But for some reason Brother Lol just lost a base it seems, so he has even less than TBS now as he has just one and no one to help him.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
6TuLl6C.png

"Has reasons finally made way for feels? I can never truly tell what goes in the mind of Zakharov these days.
Altruism is fine, but pragmatism is paramount for survival. All I've got to say is: get woke, go broke,"

- Steven Lah, Morgan Admin Executive

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
eLrDyEh.png

Ripped Alpha Newsreader: "Morgan Industries continues to DOMINATE following the unveiling of mankind's first gengineered flesh construct - the Morgan Genejack® - created by Morgan VersaLife through advanced viral enrichment of the human genome! This glorious muscle-mountain is not only oblivious to pain and suffering, but also breathes freely in Chiron's atmosphere, tolerates extreme temperatures and is blessed with immunity to all but the most advanced viruses. The ideal worker, in other words, for when automatons and slothful drones simply won't cut it!"

Snazzy Female Newsreader:
"It is quite unsightly, of course, but as Morgan VersaLife assures its customers, physical deformities are easily amended with Morgan BodyMods. All in all, the product is really quite charming. Thinking only in primal urges, it is not just child-like - it cannot even conceive of disobedience, much less striking, unionizing or other terrorist acts. 100% safe and obedient, making it the prime choice for extreme mining, CorpSec shock-warfare, bodyguard duty, party tricks and of course Morgan Arena!"

Ripped Alpha Newsreader: "Exciting times! Now for drawbacks... There aren't many! Its lifespan is very short, yet it reaches sexual maturity at an amazingly young age. It is also a most eager breeder, ensuring a steadily replenishing stock as models expire in the line of duty, not to mention generating considerable demand in the booming sector of inter-species..." [REDACTED - Purity Filter Override!]

Snazzy Female Newsreader: "G-gosh!! Another triumph for profit-oriented research! Morgan YES!"

YES indeed, +50% minerals isn't too shabby. The increased eco damage, extra drones and probe vulnerability is a hefty trade-off, but genejack factories should still be useful in a number of bases. Research-wise we're in an interesting situation as yours truly is pushing up the less popular genetically oriented branch of the tech-tree, whereas University and Hive both pursue more traditional high-powered military tech.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane

ufpWXSR.png

Zakharov:
Legate Emsworth, would you like to comment on the situation reports?

Emsworth:
Naturally dear Provost. Our ignorant foe has become a tad less ignorant, they have discovered the main Penicillin task force.

Zakharov: Well that was to be expected, what do our inteltechs tell us on the reaction?

Emsworth: Their commanders are utterly terrified, trousers all moist from urine and filled with fecal matter, Sir.

Zakharov: While we lose the surprise factor the morale factor replaces it. I guess they thought we called it the Science Legion strictly out of fondness for all things ancient.

Emsworth: Guess they did so old chap. Furthermore we sustained some casualties. Gas attack by ground troops elite troops, our custodes cohort was eradicated but not without inflicting worthwhile casualties.

Feldt: How worthwhile?

Emsworth:
Enough to see our Legionaire Cohort eradicate the elite gas troops with minimal damage.

Zakharov:
A pawn is sacrificed so that a knight is removed from the field Mr. Feldt. Our losses in ground forces are easily replaceable, can’t say as much about theirs.

Feldt: While true there are better uses of our resources than replacing needlessly lost men and materiel…

Zakharov: Do not worry Feldt, Stella Tesla I will be finished in time to gloat in the face of Morgan’s marketing team and their quote, orbital spaceflight, unquote. We have objectives to achieve.

Feldt:
As you wish Provost.

Zakharov:
Continue, Legate.

Emsworth:
Korolev Artillery was lost during the barrage fired on Port Yara due to a counter-barrage by believing forces. We repaid in kind however when they tried to do the same to us afterwards, eradicating their battery with our second artillery cohort's counter-barrage. Our scouts report two more believing missile artillery batteries stationed in the area, morganic air patrols are doing suppressive strafing runs preventing us from direct ground assault.

Zakharov:
Can anyone explain to me why our anti-air artillery cannot let us move past them?

Emsworth: It is a mystery science has yet to solve Provost.

Feldt: A problem for sure.

Zakharov:
Speaking of problems, when are Tethys, Callisto and Nereid going to be ready?

Emsworth:
Soon Provost, soon. Engineers report great progress on all three.

Zakharov:
Excellent. What else is happening on the front?

Emsworth:
Field tests confirmed the enemy AAA is too strong for our Von Braun missiles.

Zakharov: They were wasting maintenance mansols anyway. Continue.

Emsworth: Bloody great boil sir, nobody expected it, not even Tamura's empaths. A custodes cohort fell repelling it, moderate damage to task force Penicillin I.

Zakharov: Make arrangements to purge it... oh and dissect the believing empaths after you are done.

Emsworth:
Understood. Besides that there is nothing more to report.

Feldt: Operation Penicillin was supposed to look differently; we are in a deadlock for the fourth cycle now and going nowhere.

Zakharov: Objectives had to be revised Feldt, they destroyed Lilly of the Valley for us and the ruse with faking the siege of Port Yara via the fake operation KHAAAN was no longer necessary to distract them while we marched on Lily. They achieved our objective for us. There was no point in sticking to the original plan. This is war Feldt, one has to be flexible in war. Especially when facing such unpredictable and irrational foes as M&M.

Vogler: Provost, if I may speak…

Zakharov:
If the Legate has finished you may. Legate?

Emsworth: Yes, go ahead Admiral.

Vogler:
After a lot of quiet we are seeing an increased number of enemy vessels. This cycle we found 3 already.

Zakharov: So two more than during the last one, all of them have sunk I presume?

Vogler: In the eastern Zha’ha’dum Mare engagement one of the enemy vessels was still floating last we heard, but the isle of the deep escorting it was purged. The biomass, both believing and alien, has been collected for study aboard.

Zakharov: Threat posed by the remaining vessel?

Vogler: Negligible, if you would paint it yellow you could mistake it for swiss cheese given the hull damage. It is unlikely to escape pursuit unless the foe has something nearby that could escort it.

Zakharov: That other sunken vessel, what was it and where?

Vogler:
A unity foil commandeered by more militants. Discovered skimming near the southern coast of Prosperium Island, west of Tatooine Mare.

Zakharov: Any cargo aboard?

Vogler: None from what we can tell. Either that or it all sank before the crews could spot it.

Zakharov:
Viceprovost, get our Admiral more ships. It is enough the Hive stole what it could from us, no need to have the continent beta bastards take scientific shortcuts in covert raids or worse.

Feldt: Understood, but what about reports regarding the Space Elevator? The Hive could build it as soon as in 7 cycles according to our datalysts. They have regained the knowledge of controlled fusion power…

Zakharov:
Concerning but not as much as Believing or Morganic nerve gas at our doorstep. In the end our preparations for the drop pod blitz that never came should also suffice against orbital drops, would they not?

Feldt: If you say so Provost, still, fusion power... the potential application could be disastrous for us.

Zakharov: We will worry about Yang when there are more reasons to worry about Yang, we are not defenceless nor unprepared. If the Hive can rediscover fusion power so can we. You worked on the Unity's fusion drive after all.

Feldt: But it was different, we had all the resources of the UN and the industries of Earth! I had scores of nuclear engineers with know how now lost to whatever tragedy has befallen the homeworld. I am a rocket scientists, not a nuclear engineer…

Zakharov: Science will find a way Feldt, it always does. Push the envelope gentlemen, *watch* *it* *bend*.

War Council Holocall file timestamped 2224c 201.5s, Science Legion Museum archives.

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

186496.png

Partial audio transcript of meeting between Sister Miriam and her war cabinet at Chapter House Planet (CLEARANCE LEVEL: METATRON -- Anyone found listening to this transcript without adequate clearance will be summarily executed following 18 hours in a punishment sphere):

Burseg Abel: University continues to throw bodies at us in a seemingly unending wave. We've heard reports of their unit commanders executing their own troops as they attempt to flee in the face of our artillery bombardments.

Miriam: And the use of the great boil was a success?

Locutor Maria: Yes. Admittedly some of our novice empaths were stricken with explosive aneurysms while attempting to corral the boil and move it across the ocean on such short notice. But it has proven the combat utility of these native lifeforms.

Miriam: We'll pray for them when we have the time, for now they must be satisfied in having died for a higher purpose. Has our Missionaria Intelligentsia made any progress in finding a solution to ending this pointless conflict?

Mother Superior Jael: The University seems to firmly believe that we intended to, and still intend to launch a full scale attack on their territory, using the annihilation of the Gaians as a pretext. They have rebuked all efforts to convince them otherwise. We believe they have fallen into a state of escalation of commitment, and we must take caution not to do the same ourselves, especially with the Hive on the verge of constructing a space elevator.

Miriam: An absurd and tragic misunderstanding. Our war was always with the despicable Gaians, I told Zakharov as much before any of this started. It saddens me to see a formerly rational man fall under the sway of Deidre and her witches. Meanwhile Yang has continued to expand unchecked. If an alliance with the University is untenable then our forces at Yara may be better served defending our home continent.

Burseg Abel: Additionally the University seems to have begun investing heavily in their navy. One of our cargo ships being used to collect remnant Unity pods was destroyed in contested waters near University territory. Luckily the energy collected from the pods more than made up for the loss of the single ship. However, we have also detected naval incursions to the north of our territory as well. A few of our crafts were taken by surprise and lost.

Miriam: We must strengthen our northern and coastal borders against any incursions from the western ocean. If that mad man Zakharov thinks he can take on the Hive alone then we have no choice but to dig in and protect ourselves on two fronts. Our brave brothers and sisters fighting at Yara have given us vital time to build up our defenses at home, let not their sacrifice be in vain. And Mother Superior Jael, get my best spin team to propagandize the destruction of Lily of the Valley.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom