Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Let's Multiplay Alpha Centauri - Binary Dawn

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Kalin, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    I actually had an idea recently to do an edition of The Suns with a cover insinuating as much as AO did in his update regarding the reasons for aiding the Gaians.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019 at 7:40 PM
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. [​IMG] i want to cyberstalk my ex
    2. [​IMG] nah, fuck that, i'm ashamed i even asked this
    3. [​IMG] good
    4. [​IMG] stop allowing some dumb thot to control your brain
    5. [​IMG] Instead listen to the voice of Sister Miriam
    6. [​IMG] yeah, agreed. it was a momentary lapse
    7. [​IMG] and serve the army of God
    8. [​IMG] amen
    9. [​IMG] Deliver unto your enemies a desecration unlike any other for they have sinned
    - The Box of Shouts, 20190111 1230 hours

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 5:34 AM
    • Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    [​IMG]
    "The Angel of Death", Artistic rendition of the Retrocide at Quake City © Copyright Morgan MegaChurch M.Y. 2220.

BEAUTIFUL CARNAGE! Gaians purged by Morgan Mil-Tek Retrovirus!

Forward-thinking citizens rejoiced Planet-wide today as Morgan Industries announced mankind's first successful deployment of a gene-tailored retrovirus in the Alpha Centauri system! The Gaian stronghold of Quake City - previously considered invulnerable due to its exorbitant occupation by University Science Legion forces - was reportedly all but obliterated following a spectacular coordinated assault by Morgan A.I.M. Quality Consultants and Believing elite operatives. The strike occured just days after the University's refusal to accept or even negotiate a most generous peace offering by our beloved CEO.

The virus itself, carefully designed to spread through skin contact and via breathing of infected air, dealt massive losses both to civilian populations and military units stationed in the base, prompting spectacular, hardcore enjoyment for our viewers captured by A.I.M. fly-by drones, not to mention hilarious footage of panicking civilians attempting to storm the remaining secure vaults of the University occupation forces only to get gunned down and smashed to bloody goo!

The operation has not only signaled a new phase of warfare on Chiron but has also delivered a clear message to our misguided friends across the ocean. CEO Morgan personally commented: "A stunning success, and an excellent demonstration of our retro-viral capabilities! Old chap Zakharov should take heed - his precious labs might just be next."

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Yes! Hellraiser had a bunch of defensive probe teams in the base, but AgentOrange took them out by rushing probes of his own and sending them in to clear the way for my drop probes, who hilariously skulked outside the base because I forgot you can't drop them and retain moves like with military units (just one of many similar noob mistakes this game).

Unfortunately Hellraiser moved out with a big bunch of units the turn before to attack Port Yara which might now be lost or might still stand. Also my original plan was to subvert the base and its units with my yehzah, but the cost was too absurd to consider. Either way, this leaves Quake City in a very precarious situation.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 10:29 PM
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    So it was a gene plague. Go figure, thought it was gas but that collateral was more ridiculous than I remembered from game 2.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 11:33 PM
    ^ Top  
  5. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser

[​IMG]

Tour Guide: “Let me tell you about Operation KHAAAAN. Do you know what it was?”

[awkward silence]

Tour Guide: “Well, operation KHAAAAN was very important. The Science Legion, which was defending our Gaian friends from the intellectually deficient Continent Beta invaders, went on the offensive for the first time during the war.”

[the children make sounds of astonishment and awe]

Tour Guide: “See this, kids?”

[A hologram of an Orca VTOL craft in its Korolev Missile Launcher configuration is projected. Its twin sidefans spin rapidly as it majestically soars above fungal fields, below it several legion cohorts are running through fungus]

Tour Guide: “This is how it looked, a great tide of cyborg legionaries, custodes augments and psi corps empaths. All of those soldiers were transhuman, elite and unstoppable. All of them were capable of superhuman feats and willing to eradicate the foul pestilence that infected our continent and killed our Gaian friends.”

Little Girl: “Miriam was a big meanie!”

Tour Guide: “That is correct, Miriam was a meanie! But she is now safely locked away in her very own punishment sphere, experiencing excruciating pain non-stop ever since her capture!”

Little Girl: “Excelsior!”

[the other children cheer]

[Holoimage of white empath power suits appears]

Tour Guide: “The Psi Corps supported all cohorts with their awesome abilities of fungal control. The minds of these empaths were trained and augmented to make the fungus do their bidding allowing for rapid troop movement through fungus.“

[The holoprojector shows fungus forming tunnels, bridges and paths through which soldiers rapidly move]

Children: “WOW!"

Tour Guide: “Wow indeed! This was possible thanks to the remarkable achievement commonly known as the Xenoempathy Dome. A complex dedicated to psionic study of Planet’s xenofungal network. The very same complex that discovered that xenofungus forms a giant psionic brain!”

[The holoimage shows missiles are being seen fuelled. Liquid oxygen boil off is forming large clouds before the missiles launch and fly rapidly towards a primitive-looking assembly of troops bearing crosses and other religious iconography]

Tour Guide: “The Von Braun rockets were used by the Astrum Corps to shower the militants and their corporate masters in a torrential rain of fire. Believing casualties were enormous!”

Little Boy: “Supertacular!”

Tour Guide: “This large offensive, unprecedented in its scale at that time, stopped at the gates of Port Yara where it lurked in the Xenofungus preparing for the subsequent siege and liberation of the base! Hordes of living human test subjects were obtained as believing militants and support crews were captured during combat by the invincible forces of progress! Researchers everywhere rejoiced as the waiting time for test subjects for their research decreased dramatically, reducing much of the research backlog! Of note was research into countermeasures to viral weapons deployed by the subhuman warmonger Morgan against Quake City, but also studies in organ harvesting, pain tolerance and religious deprogramming.”

Little Girl: "That CEO Morgan, what a cunt!"

Teacher: "Suzy! Language!"

Tour Guide: "Sorry miss Vogler, I meant to say what a vagina..."

Teacher: "Very good, always call organs by their proper scientific names!"

Tour Guide: "But that is not all, the most important part of Operation KHAAAAN was..."

Part 1 of the Science Legion Museum holorecording made by the visiting trip from the Tsiolkovsky Institute Children’s Creche, recorded in Kopernigk Observatory during Cycle 2305

Show Spoiler
    Here's some insight into the current events:

[​IMG]

This was taken a turn before, we are on 2220 M.Y now. I shopped out the critical details, although in the case of my siege force this was not necessary as Kalin spotted it hiding in fungus with a nerve gas missile rover on its last move :lol: So he gifted it to Miriam so that it could withdraw (it needs moves for that) if I attacked. I attacked, it withdrew after losing half of its hp, I finished it off with a missile from Quake City that was fighting off a viral infection.

Anyway I used all this snazzy fungus lying around to move a siege force in one turn to Port Yara's doorstep as I got the Xenoempathy Dome a few turns back and all my elite infantry has 2 moves. The continent Beta Bastards meanwhile are using needlejet stacking cheese to prevent me and TBS from just killing their ground troops. We lack air superiority tech and apparently you can't attack ground units before first killing any jets also present on the same tile. Which is why Kalin's probes managed to just chill at Quake City's doorstep for 2 or 3 turns and we couldn't kill them before they did the viral attack, I hoped the 3 probes on defence would stop them but didn't put enough of them there apparently.

We'll see how the situation develops. TBS got some new toys from me to kill some beta bastards on his turn. So far he has made good use of the units I gave him, missiled some invading missile troops, killed a probe ship with another missile. Only problem was his other bases were too far and in too risky locations to save them, also I focused more on rushing my defences as I thought they would rush in to take me out ASAP after rolling through Gaia. If I knew how dreadfully disorganised their invasion was I would just stomp them at the first opportunity.

I expect TBS will kill yet again this turn and save Quake City once more, but who know what Kalin and AO are plotting, we'll see next turn.

Overall ranking:

[​IMG]

Yang leading everywhere except wealth, because Morgan was hoarding energy for mind control of Quake City, but I helped TBS make the MC cost of the base too prohibitive (2400 energy apparently). Hence the virus attack which I did not expect, I do not remember if we ever seen it used before in Codexian SMAC PBEM.

Also brother Lol now hates my guts as AO bullied him into a pact. But for some reason Brother Lol just lost a base it seems, so he has even less than TBS now as he has just one and no one to help him.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 8:30 AM
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    [​IMG]

"Has reasons finally made way for feels? I can never truly tell what goes in the mind of Zakharov these days.
    Altruism is fine, but pragmatism is paramount for survival. All I've got to say is: get woke, go broke,"

- Steven Lah, Morgan Admin Executive

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. MercantileInterest Arcane

MercantileInterest
    [​IMG]
    University Orbital Comms Array Padishah Alpha
    Automated Polymorphic Datacore
    Cycle 121, Sol 174

Unknown Signal Detected
    Origin: Extrachironic

Interpolating/Initiating
    Please Wait...

[Static] ...four hundred thousand passengers. The remainder will attempt to subsist on Earth. Hostile elements continue to wage... [static] ...catastrophic system failure leading to total collapse of oceanic biosphere. Habitability continues to degrade. Estimated population decreases at 8% per... [static] ...reach Chiron orbit in AD 2305. Please make all necessary preparations, including... [static] ...repeat.

Analysis Complete
    Automated Polymorphic Datacore Assessing Significance

Please Wait...
    HIGH

Relaying Information to Zakharov-Actual

• Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kalin Arcane Zionist Agent

Kalin
    [​IMG]

Ripped Alpha Newsreader: "Morgan Industries continues to DOMINATE following the unveiling of mankind's first gengineered flesh construct - the Morgan Genejack® - created by Morgan VersaLife through advanced viral enrichment of the human genome! This glorious muscle-mountain is not only oblivious to pain and suffering, but also breathes freely in Chiron's atmosphere, tolerates extreme temperatures and is blessed with immunity to all but the most advanced viruses. The ideal worker, in other words, for when automatons and slothful drones simply won't cut it!"

Snazzy Female Newsreader:
    "It is quite unsightly, of course, but as Morgan VersaLife assures its customers, physical deformities are easily amended with Morgan BodyMods. All in all, the product is really quite charming. Thinking only in primal urges, it is not just child-like - it cannot even conceive of disobedience, much less striking, unionizing or other terrorist acts. 100% safe and obedient, making it the prime choice for extreme mining, CorpSec shock-warfare, bodyguard duty, party tricks and of course Morgan Arena!"

Ripped Alpha Newsreader: "Exciting times! Now for drawbacks... There aren't many! Its lifespan is very short, yet it reaches sexual maturity at an amazingly young age. It is also a most eager breeder, ensuring a steadily replenishing stock as models expire in the line of duty, not to mention generating considerable demand in the booming sector of inter-species..." [REDACTED - Purity Filter Override!]

Snazzy Female Newsreader: "G-gosh!! Another triumph for profit-oriented research! Morgan YES!"

Show Spoiler

YES indeed, +50% minerals isn't too shabby. The increased eco damage, extra drones and probe vulnerability is a hefty trade-off, but genejack factories should still be useful in a number of bases. Research-wise we're in an interesting situation as yours truly is pushing up the less popular genetically oriented branch of the tech-tree, whereas University and Hive both pursue more traditional high-powered military tech.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 10:43 PM
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)