Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redacted

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
so does anyone other than kalin and merc actually play this :troll:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Scene recreation of the war epic

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
MercantileInterest said:
(2) He intends to regroup and attack someone else, in a cunning @Hellraiser move.

This made me re-read that thread.

Kalin really did my a favour there by becoming more hostile (and paranoid) just when I was preparing my invasion forces to go after The Brazilian Slaughter

We need to play SMAC again bros. If only because the ICS of game 3 cockblocked my glorious University larp (well that and the shitty random map).

RK47

Patron
setting up an embassy in the middle of a war, np

Picture of Kalin's Embassy

5hwXy2Y.png

RK47

Patron
Will you forbid the women from wearing clothes, o lord?

Words found engraved in Ancient Kemetian Stone Tablet. Adressed to the Priest-King Mursil IV. Artifact found in Anatolia, near ancient Hatti lands:

Ma'at is good and its worth is lasting.
It has not been disturbed since the day of its creator,
whereas he who transgresses its ordinances is punished.
It lies as a path in front even of him who knows nothing.
Wrongdoing has never yet brought its venture to port.
It is true that evil may gain wealth but the strength of truth is that it lasts;
a man can say: "It was the property of my father."

It is believed to have been a diplomatic message by archaeologists, from the court of Pharaoh himself. It is unknown what was meant by this. Historical evidence places this on Year 286 of Pharaoh Ramses III's reign, which is impossible, as historical evidence claims his demise at the year 1155. It is also impossible for a man to have lived to such long age, for that would make the message wrote and delivered at around 900 BC, yet the text bears the royal seal of Pharaoh Ramses III. Other historical texts of the time should shed evidence on this:

My Lord Priest-King, a Great Host came to our land.
Such was their swiftness, that they overran our own scouts in their chariots and horses.
South from the lands of the beaten Canaanites came a great host innumerable, men on top of unending chariots.
Verily, their weapon shone in the sun, crafted from the finest iron and bronze.
Behind their chariots, mighty banners to the Pharaohs and Gods of Khemet.
Behind those banners, great armies, with mighty war machines, the size never seen before in this land.
"Those are the warriors of distant Khemet, to whom our cousins of Byblos once paid tribute to, in the days before the Hatti rose." told me a veteran officer.

I knew not fear, my Lord. I relied on thy mighty garrison. Verily, thy men were some of the finest veterans of the war against Assur.
Ye assembled a mighty host to police Thy border. Truly, I believed ourselves invincible and set to planning the defenses.
Yet, I heard the ground itself shake. My men said, "Never so many Chariots have been assembled in such a mighty host!". The men fought in the mountains, so I dared not contest them.
Alas, it was for naught. The Khemetians broke through our walls and slaughtered your warriors.
I have seen war, my Lord, but I would have never imagined such sights. The streets ran red with blood, and yet, their host is still mighty and powerful.
We were merely impediment to them.

Never had I see such a mighty host. Never I expected such host to exist.
They took our city, and rather than going on pillage and plunder, turned the city to order in a night.
Disciplined, calm, orderly, never have I seen such host. Their priests bless them in the name of their gods, yea, for they are a deeply religious people.
I now pray with renewed fevour, for I pray that the Gods deliver us from this enemy, and enpower thy hand to smite Khemet as Assur has been.

I have survived, Lord, with my personal guard and my family, to bear the tale to Thee. I did not flee because I valued my life, for I am mere servant to thee. Men died for the cause of thy order so that I carry the information contained in parchment. I am eager to serve the Priest-King, with my life if need be. I only plead not to lose my life vainly, verily, to live advancing the Priest-King's goals, for the dead cannot serve.

The authorship of the previous text is unknown and it is believed to have been written by a local vassal king or governor, circa 900 BC.

It is believed that the first message was a extremely flowery declaration of war from the Kemetian court, stepped in Kemetian spiritualism.

Yeah I'm probably fucked. But I have a plan, a bold and insane one.

I actually didn't turtle, I simply had no means to truly attack you until I did. My cities were divided between making more Artisan Quarters and Slavery Markets, replacing my spear chucks with Bronze Infantry II (in case you attacked) and making units to fend off the Sea Peoples and fight the Hebrews. My "army" was old-ass Chariot III and IIs, Rams, Catapults, Bronze Infantry and some other drek. I think I actually got Chariot IVs earlier than anyone, but I lacked the production capacity to mass them. Egypt starts big, isolated and pretty strong, but honestly, Egypt sucks for production, its just a bunch of grass, plains and desert, almost no hills. So, it took me time until I built my mighty chariot hosts.

Then in the war with Assyria, everyone realized that Military Engineers allow one to destroy roads and replace them at will. The new meta definitively screwed the ye olde massed chariot attack.

(some of us actually had to hack down the Sea Peoples, one at a time)

I didn't know Caravans could be used to rush-build wonders like Crawlers in SMAC, last time I played CivII was more than a decade ago. Otherwise, I would have gotten Slave Markets in every town turns ago, and then I would have attacked way earlier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom