Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play 7.62HC again, Total Eclipse of the Blue Sun[SSLP]

eklektyk

Erudite
are we there yet???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

R@S

Scholar
Session 7: Tactics 101: Move hard and fast
- Digging for Moles - Kelly the Baby Sitter - Proving Worth Takes Time- Ducks in Santa-Maria -
- Crossfire Mayhem - Number Four is no More - Meet the Boblings - Sweeping the Streets -

The Brock, with hesitation in his steps, goes to talk with Paco for the next mission.

SlspR.jpg

4cOGq.jpg

Some items are needed to complete it, a recorder to get some incriminating evidence, and some bait, a suitcase full of money.

IxVD6.jpg

They also got a baby sitter for the money to make sure it doesn't get lost along the way. Meet Kelly, an excellent scout but a major pain in the a...

jcgoa.jpg

She comes with a silenced Steyr TMP. And I forgot to show Kestrel's sidearm last time, a USP Tactical with a silencer.

L9CB5.jpg

The team gathers outside the police compound while they are waiting for the suspects to arrive.

S07_P06.jpg

AL5HU.jpg
: I'll deal with the suspects while you try to get to know Kelly better.
sBu5H.jpg
: I don't like her!
frilk.jpg
: Me neither!
gRGXU.jpg
: Give her a chance, she might prove useful.

The Brock interviews the two suspects, making sure the recorder is turned on and the suitcase is in plain sight. He tells one suspect they're heading for Campecino, the other to Santa-Maria. The trap is set and the team travels to Santa-Maria to see if they get attacked there, then they'll know who the mole is.

he2E0.jpg

DRRAY.jpg

S07_P09.jpg

In Santa-Maria they notice some new faces, and quickly decides on a tactic. Geroj will flank from the north and Kestrel from the south. The Brock will move up in the middle and draw the enemy in, while BNC and Kelly provides support and covers the rear.

2Rx9H.jpg

H0J6c.jpg

Robber-duck #1 gets pinned down by BNC and Kelly, but they have some problems connecting to the target. So they'll be busy trying to hit the target for some time.

6MGSQ.jpg

The Brock spots Robber-duck #2 and decks him with two short bursts from his UMP, harUMPfed! As The Brock's about to pull the trigger, Robber-duck #3 comes running, hits the dirt and lays down some suppression fire.

Nud9D.jpg

3xXFW.jpg

Kestrel's flanking maneuver pays off and he catches Robber-duck #4 and #5 as they are about to overwhelm The Brock.

6TU7k.jpg

Robber-duck #4 spots Kestrel and gets lucky, very lucky. Kestrel gets hit, but manages to deliver a burst from his UZI, then pulls back to slap some bandages on his wounds.

WH6Vr.jpg

CIxwg.jpg

By then, Geroj has finished his run and spots #6 and lets his Boomstick do some sweepin'.

3UV0s.jpg

Robber-duck #5 comes around the corner and runs straight into The Brock, who takes him down with his UMP.

Ak3DR.jpg

The Brock turns his attention back to #3, get a few hits but it's a very presistant ducky. A shot in the leg brings him down, but he's still alive.

Dpc8X.jpg

S07_P22.jpg

Geroj moves up for the close and personal kill, and spots #7 coming down the road. He gets into cover and moves up to meet him.

7Vau1.jpg

7aDfM.jpg

Lucky Duck #4 moves into The Brock's firing line and gets a burst in the chest.

Er2Wn.jpg

Kestrel, all patched up, joins the fun and gets his revenge on the Lucky Duck with an anal probing shot.
gRGXU.jpg
: That's gotta hurt!
Robber-duck #3 comes to, but once again he gets The Brock's attention and passes out.

0veYY.jpg

The Lucky Duck is lucky no more when caught between The Brock and Kestrel, it doesn't take long to take him and his unconscious duck buddy out of the fight, permanently.

Alw6l.jpg

ojKiK.jpg

By now, Geroj has reached #7 and lets his Boomstick discharge from the hip, one-shot-kill.

s67bi.jpg

Robber-duck #8 reveals his position with a badly aimed shot, and Geroj chucks a grenade at him, which does what it's supposed to do.

HqjyA.jpg

FHFdA.jpg

iFnJf.jpg

R@S Note: A solid tactic that took 45 seconds to enact, this is a tactical game at it's best.

The loot turned up a Micro UZI and a Ithaca 37 shotgun*. More importantly, there were also some much needed 30-06 Springfield ammo which was running low.

M9TU5.jpg

*Thanks dextermorgan for pointing out my mistake.

Back to Sagrada to return the money and evidence.

0JfaH.jpg

CCj5c.jpg

AL5HU.jpg
: How's the wound, Kestrel? Need a doctor?
gRGXU.jpg
: Nah, I'll manage. It's only a flesh wound after all.
frilk.jpg
: Kelly sucks in battle, just so you know.
sBu5H.jpg
: So do you.
frilk.jpg
: Shut up, bruto!

Paco is very pleased with the report and offers the team Kelly, it seems like he's trying to get rid of her. He then sends the team to collect a bribe from a guy called Billy-Bob, the next quest giver in the Blue Sun Mod campaign.

7MlJv.jpg

BWR6f.jpg

bCbCe.jpg

mRqAv.jpg

sInuK.jpg

The containers turn up some nice things, like a CAR-15 and HK53A2 and 40 5.56x45mm rounds. There's also a couple of claymore mines and other goodies.

KIm43.jpg

pdnKX.jpg

Billy-Bob gives The Brock the bribe, another suitcase full of money.

kUEp1.jpg

tb0C3.jpg

Billy-Bob's brother, Jim-Bob catches The Brock before they leave and asks for some help bringing a representative from Palinero to the harbor. Since the team will be heading there soon, why not kill two birds with one stone, eh?

yaOhM.jpg

DQc3w.jpg

Back in Sagrada the team splits up into two teams, BNC and Kelly will enter through the SW entry point while The Brock, Geroj and Kestrel will take the NW. BNC and Kelly will be the main force and be the ones holding a position. The Brock, Geroj and Kestrel will do sweeps through the streets by themselves and deal with any resistance they meet.

clIJT.jpg

BNC and Kelly starts moving up the main street, and it doesn't take long before they encounter some Bushwhackers. While BNC runs for cover, Kelly lays down some covering fire.

4MSlN.jpg

mEOSk.jpg

BNC jumps out from cover and her Tommy gun is inaccurate in her hands, she doesn't have the skill or strength to handle it properly when standing. Kelly saves her skin with a burst from her Steyr TMP. Bushwhacker #1 gets peppered to death.

oQr43.jpg

Geroj, who's doing the shortest sweep, encounters Bushwhacker #2 and his Boomstick doesn't let him down.

qWK5e.jpg

The Brock, who's making the middle sweep, gets surprised by Bushwhacker #3, but deals with him like a pro.

rFTSm.jpg

sW0i6.jpg

Bushwhacker #4 gets the same treatment, The Brock is getting very good with that UMP, and #4 is no more.

Y4V5N.jpg

The final Bushwhacker gets surrounded, and The Brock gets to do the honor.

fki9k.jpg

wFBCW.jpg

R@S Note: Notice the 5 green dots and the one red dot on the mini-map. Kestrel's speed wasn't enough to completely surround the last enemy, but it was very close. Game Time: 40 seconds.

YLwBQ.jpg

AL5HU.jpg
: Nice work team! How did Kelly perform?
frilk.jpg
: She sucks!
sBu5H.jpg
: We should give her a better weapon and see if she's not a total waste of air.
AL5HU.jpg
: Maybe we should give her your Meat Grinder.
sBu5H.jpg
: Not my Glock, you'd have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
gRGXU.jpg
: That can be arranged...

The Brock delivers the bribe and says goodbye to Paco who gives him a parting gift, a Glock conversion kit.

dbsoR.jpg

HvdUS.jpg

oqW20.jpg

NLEcx.jpg

Selling loot from the boot.

S07_P59.jpg

Let's sum up the merc stats and the loot they have collected during their adventures.

S07_P60.jpg

qOQK3.jpg

kRfWF.jpg

S07_P66.jpg

S07_P67.jpg

Next time we'll be visiting Cali-Cantinos, and we'll do the Mechanic revenge quest. 'Til then...

R@S

Scholar
Not the best update, but some good tactics gets used and might give y'all some inspiration.

R@S

Scholar
Sorry about that, turns out I hit the 255 image limit at Imgur, so I switched to photobucket. Hopefully the free 500mb will last a little while longer.

R@S

Scholar
Session 8: On open and dangerous roads
- Please, Doctor Luiz - Cali-Cantinos is Da Bomb - Uribe Gets a Ride - Ambush in the Harbor -
- Garand, What is it Good For - Quick-Draw McGraw - Olvega Power Trip - Shooting Through Walls -

On the way to Cali-Cantinos they stop in Campecino.

S08_P01.jpg

While Geroj is running around showing anyone he meets the Sagrada Gazette with the story about his adventures, he comes across a doctor that needs his help. Another quest in Cali-Cantinos, how lucky.

S08_P02.jpg

Off they go, keeping a sharp eye on their surroundings while they travel, they don't want any unpleasant surprises.

S08_P03.jpg

When they arrive, they do their usual looting of crates, finds a few new pistols. That Glock 17 can be transformed to any other Glock model available in the game, but more about that when the need arises.

S08_P04.jpg

The Brock finds the doctor that has the medicine the other doctor in Campecino needs, and he pays 10000$ for it. There were too many guards around to try to take it by force, don't need a fight with the Palinero army at this time.

S08_P05.jpg

Geroj finds the representative, Stefan Uribe, who will travel with the team to the Harbor.

S08_P06.jpg

He has a very nice sidearm, a Walter 99 .40 S&W, gotta remember to take that before he leaves the team.

S08_P07.jpg

After another uneventful trip back to the Harbor, they find a welcoming committee waiting for them. Kestrel takes the left flank, and BNC the right. The Brock and Geroj moves into position, Kelly will be their support.

S08_P08.jpg

Jingo #1 throws a grenade their way but it gets spotted and The Brock and Geroj moves back to get out of the blast radius.

S08_P09.jpg

S08_P10.jpg

Just as Jindo #2 comes around the corner the grenade goes off, Geroj hadn't moved far enough but it didn't do any harm.

S08_P11.jpg

Jingo #3 joins #2, but both Geroj and The Brock fills the air around them with lead.

S08_P12.jpg

As Jingo #2 goes down from a blast from Geroj's Boomstick, Kestrel's CAR-15 blows Jingo #3's head off.

S08_P13.jpg

BNC has now reached the end of her flanking maneuver and uses her Garand to suppress Jingo #4, her second shot is a kill-shot.

S08_P14.jpg

Jingo #5 moves up to get an angle on Kestrel, but The Brock sees it and catches him unawares. A burst in the back and down he goes, still alive.

S08_P15.jpg

Jingo #6 gets nervous in the service when BNC's Garand lands a few shots close. He moves up to get out of her sight, but fails to find any cover, she's got all the angles covered.

S08_P16.jpg

The Brock takes out Jingo #5 with a hip-shot burst, sending him flying through the air.

S08_P17.jpg

Once again BNC connects with her Garand and Jingo #6 goes down for the counting, while Geroj and The Brock try their best to get the kill from her. Denied!

S08_P18.jpg

S08_P19.jpg

Some good loot, most noticeable was the wildcat armor Kestrel had dibs on.

S08_P20.jpg

Geroj drops off Uribe at Jim-Bob's and gets a nice juicy $ reward.

S08_P21.jpg

The team moves on to Santa-Maria again, this time to take care of one of the hooligans for the mechanic in Ciudad-de-Oro

S08_P22.jpg

Geroj ask a few civvies and they all say this guy is the one he's looking for, but he isn't a droid, which Geroj finds confusing. He gets into a quick-draw match, and his Meat Grinder comes out the other end victorious.

S08_P23.jpg

The droid was carrying a Mini UZI and some spare clips, just what we was looking for to get the complete set of UZIs.

S08_P24.jpg

The next target in the mechanic mission is in Olvega, north of the safe zone, so the team goes there, all happy to get out of the safe zone and on open and dangerous roads again.

S08_P25.jpg

S08_P26.jpg

BNC finds an SKS in one of the privies, but sadly no 7.62x39mm rounds.

S08_P27.jpg

The team sets up for a massive overwhelming tactic, using Aim-at-Spot to time their attack.

S08_P28.jpg

In 0.8 seconds 2 of the hooligans are dead, two seriously wounded.

S08_P29.jpg

S08_P30.jpg

Kestrel finishes his target off from his concealed position.

S08_P31.jpg

The Brock gets a feeling in his waters and send a burst through the wall, the subsequent moan makes him all warm and snuggly inside, another one down for good.

S08_P32.jpg

S08_P33.jpg

Geroj and The Brock moves up to cover the door to the hut, hearing some movement from inside. BNC manages to get a hit with her Garand, but the target still stands.

S08_P34.jpg

In the meanwhile, BNC and Kelly are still having trouble bringing down their initial target, hitting anything but what they're aiming at.

S08_P35.jpg

S08_P36.jpg

One of the hooligans from inside the hut runs into Gerojs Boomstick, knocking the air out of him.

S08_P37.jpg

Finally, Kelly connects with a burst from her Steyr TMP and the Hooligan dies.

S08_P38.jpg

The final hooligan comes through the door, but The Brock is ready and delivers a deadly salvo with his UMP.

S08_P39.jpg

Geroj plays some football, saving ammo.

S08_P40.jpg

The loot turns up something The Brock immediately takes care of, a Swedish M45 Kpist. Sweet.

S08_P41.jpg

S08_P42.jpg

Back to Campecino to deliver the medicine to the doctor. He agrees to come work at the Army Base, and after paying 10000$ for the medicine it seems like an unfair trade.

S08_P43.jpg

S08_P44.jpg

The Brock checks out the local traders, selling some loot. Certino are selling some really nice gear the team has some ammo for.

S08_P45.jpg

S08_P46.jpg

S08_P47.jpg

S08_P48.jpg

S08_P49.jpg

Should we break the rules of the LP here? If we do, what should we buy, and for who?

IceShade

Novice
Resist the temptation! Don't purchase anything! We will pry the weapons from our enemy's cold dead hands!

Good updates, once again. Love all the detail in how you explain your tactics and intentions.

R@S

Scholar
Following the rules is no fun, but breaking them at this point is no good either. But I need to get my hands on some better loot, so I'll need to get out in the bush and find some bushwhackers to kill. Too bad I only got 30 7.62x51mm rounds for the Springfield M1A, it would be very useful in those encounters. I only have the Garand as a viable option when reaching out touching people, the 30-06 is the only caliber readily available. The 98K is too slow for my taste, and I only have 10 rounds of 7.62x39, and no 7.62x54mmR ammo to speak of. And Kestrel only has 30 5.56 rounds left for his CAR-15, and they'll run out soon as well.

If I'm lucky, I'll get ambushed when traveling to Fuerte Calderon and the Plantation, and the final mechanic hooligans might be carrying some 5.56 rounds. But we'll have to wait a couple of days before we find out, I have other obligations I need to fulfill before I can continue the game.

EDIT: Yes, tactics, the reason I keep playing this game and spent 3 years modding it. It still gives me a lot of pleasure seeing my plans come together, but in the LP I need to keep changing them to make it more entertaining. I am however amazed that no one has died yet, but it's only a matter of time before my plans will fail and someone has to pay for it, who'll be the first to die?

IceShade

Novice
See, that's what I really enjoy. Making everything count. When ammo is scarce and precious, it adds another challenge. Oh no, my CAR-15 is out of ammo! Quickly drop it and switch to the sidearm and finish the bastard off, then grab his weapon. Just feels so satisfying.

R@S

Scholar
D_F_N, I don't plan to kill anyone, but I will let it happen if someone do die. I might be more inclined to pick up a thrown grenade with some of the mercs, but I'll let fate decide.

I'm too tired to play today , so you can expect an update tomorrow afternoon instead. I have just finished the code for The Bunnielab Apocalypse and will spend some time playing around with that instead.

R@S

Scholar
Session 9: Revenge is best served cold
- Fuerte-Calderon Douche-bags - Geroj does a Geroj - Lessons Learned - Dirty Harry Was Here - Setting up a Kill Zone -
- Kelly Goes Scouting - Kestrel Prematurely Shoots his Load - Kpist M45 Saves Some Bacon - Skirmish to the End -

The team heads out of the safe zone to finish off the last couple of hooligans, they first arrive to Fuerte-Calderon, known and named after the drug baron's estate.

S09_P01.jpg

S09_P02.jpg

Geroj feels cocky and tells the team to hang back and watch him and his Boomstick do some sweepin'.

S09_P03.jpg

The first two douche-bags are no match for the hip-shooting savant know as Geroj.

S09_P04.jpg

S09_P05.jpg

But the third turd is hiding behind some bushes and surprises him with a well aimed shot in the chest. Gerojs armor saves him, the low caliber round didn't even penetrate the vest.

S09_P06.jpg

Geroj learned his lesson, moves into cover and switches to his Remington to get better range. He moves back out carefully, and this time he gets the drop on the opponent.

S09_P07.jpg

Geroj side-steps into the view of the final douche-bag, and empties his Remington bringing the target down.

S09_P08.jpg

S09_P09.jpg

S09_P10.jpg

And the loot? No good, the Kedr uses the inferior 9x18mm ammo, and the revolver is too big and heavy.

S09_P11.jpg

Onwards to the next and final Hooligan who is hiding at the Plantation.

S09_P12.jpg

The team splits up, Geroj and BNC will be the bait, Kelly the scout and The Brock and Kestrel will find higher ground and cover them all. BNC gets the honor of starting the battle, and a shot from her Garand hits the head of the poor fellow.

S09_P13.jpg

Kelly spots several enemies from her advanced position, but will stay out of the fight until it's absolutely necessary for her to join.

S09_P14.jpg

BNC and Geroj lays down heavy fire to draw the enemy into the kill zone.

S09_P15.jpg

Kestel gets too eager and joins the fray, his CAR-15 alerting the enemy of his position. One of the enemies who were on a flanking maneuver spots him and starts to aim.

S09_P16.jpg

Geroj and BNC get suppressed, but keeps firing as if their lives depended on it. The enemy starts to advance their position while at the same time rushing and shooting at Kestrel.

S09_P17.jpg

S09_P18.jpg

The Brock, with his M45, takes out the enemy who had the best chance of hitting BNC and Geroj, but by then a second one turns up.

S09_P19.jpg

S09_P20.jpg

Kestrel and The Brock are in trouble, Kestrel's mistake of revealing his position too early is about to get him and The Brock killed.

S09_P21.jpg

The Brock's M45 is not to be taken lightly, and these two guys learns that the hard way.

S09_P22.jpg

S09_P23.jpg

S09_P24.jpg

Kelly decides that this is the time to join in, and she deck an enemy with her UMP.

S09_P25.jpg

S09_P26.jpg

BNC and Geroj are not under heavy fire anymore, so Geroj decides to skirmish them.

S09_P27.jpg

Kelly makes short work of another one, and pins down a third. The UMP is working well, the .45 ACP round is still doing much damage since the enemy doesn't have armor yet.

S09_P28.jpg

S09_P29.jpg

The Brock moves up to help cover Geroj's skirmish, and Kestrel throws away some badly aimed shots, wasting some precious ammo.

S09_P30.jpg

S09_P31.jpg

One of the enemies notices Geroj's movement and aims to take him down, but before he can get a shot off Kelly bursts him to death.

S09_P32.jpg

S09_P33.jpg

Geroj reaches his goal, and spots a prone enemy, which he takes care of his usual way.

S09_P34.jpg

S09_P36.jpg

As he turns around, another one is revealed and gets the same treatment.

S09_P37.jpg

The Brock takes care of the final enemy who'd just regained consciousness.

S09_P38.jpg

The Browning Hi-Power will be useful as a sidearm since it uses the .40 S&W rounds.

S09_P38_1.jpg

S09_P38_2.jpg

On the way to Ciudad-de-Oro the team encounters some bushwhackers, and it seems like the team gets the upper hand and will be the ones doing the ambushing.

S09_P39.jpg

R@S Note: The calculation on who gets to ambush involves all the team members camouflage, eyesight and stealth skill. It gets thrown against a random number, and the higher the total skill points, the higher the chance you'll get the upper hand.

They move into position, Kelly and The Brock takes the lower southern approach, BNC and Kestrel takes the northern. Geroj will stay in the middle and join whoever needs him the most.

S09_P40.jpg

S09_P41.jpg

S09_P42.jpg

Once again BNC gets to do the honors.

S09_P43.jpg

How will it end? Will they all survive? What kind of loot will they get? Stay tuned and find out, next update will be ready in a couple of hours.

R@S

Scholar
How about BUMPing some uglies before I post the next session?

R@S

Scholar
And I am in need of some guidance as well. Should we do some missions for Billy-Bob and get to the next CGL, or should we do another random encounter hoping for more goodies. Since I have disabled the CGL jump for kills, the only way to reach the next level is by doing missions. We are at CGL 3, and at CGL 4 most enemy inventories will be updated.

Higher CGL means better loot, and I'm desperate to get my hands on a sniper rifle so the final merc HK can join the fun.

Any thoughts?

IceShade

Novice
I'd say do some missons for the boblings. Get the CGL up to 4. Random encounters are interesting, but they're not *that* interesting, imo.

Well, I suppose they get a whole lot more interesting later on. :D

R@S

Scholar
Random encounters are interesting, but they're not *that* interesting, imo.
That's because you haven't seen me play them:lol:

The next update is ready, and it's all about a random encounter, so when we get 5 more posts you'll find out if I'm a lier or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom