Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play - Afterfall: InAnity

kazgar

Arcane
That outdoor sequence is pretty random, but anyhow, looking forward to further inanity (and also helping to bump to page 6)

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
IS2DCh.jpg

Human destructive and egoistic nature created this abominable creature which became a tangible evidence of our mistakes. A bridge between different species, its every distinctive feature is as if taken from other primate. The mutation was probably caused by environmental changes (and, possibly, a radioactive golden retriever bite). From what I observed, their instincts weakened considerably, actions lack any logic whatsoever (as decipherable by feeble homo sapiens brains, at least). They're attacking not to protect territory or obtain food but out of sheer mindlessness. But maybe I'm wrong... Is it possible that they're driven by revenge (for exterminating their kind shortly after the last ice age?) or a simple desire to kill (inferior manboon populations, the females of which species once sent them into a catatonic depression)?. It would mean that they were once... human. :singletear:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
0hF2Bh.jpg

XWXpVh.jpg

People! And they don't want to murder us!

PHVxVh.jpg

Trivia: If you move, you are shot to death.

GSVUEh.jpg

A gate opens behind the guards.

8P7W6h.jpg

Those dudes look fairly mofo. I especially dig the spikey tyres they have as shoulder pads

8RXoFh.jpg

but I dun wanna :(

rUcdUh.jpg

Handing over the waffen opens a gate

XdyaQh.jpg

Albert seems confused at the overwhelming non-aggression

3QseYh.jpg

IX6kIh.jpg

And then he goes up the stairs to meet the pimp of pimps

DWROxh.jpg

SW2xhh.jpg

Pimpin'

dHBR8.jpg
They are nothing more than savages, and that's what we call them. They think that as a dweller of the Shelter you had it easy, while they were fighting for survival. Food, water, medicine, a roof over your head... Some even believe you have machines working for you, that you're some kind of underground aristocracy. It's just envy, really. You have to forgive them...

DjHs4.jpg
It would be easier if they weren't trying to run me over with a car, bash my head in with pipes, or bury under piles of falling rubble.

dHBR8.jpg
Please, try to understand. This place is a permanent war zone. We've offered them help, but they haven't been too cooperative. In the end, we were forced to lock this area down.

DjHs4.jpg
What are you doing to do with me? Am I a prisoner?

Does it look like that, Al? But nevermind, feel free to, uh, cut out all their problems anyway.

dHBR8.jpg
No, of course not. I assume that you have more reason than those proletarians. We wish to help you.

DjHs4.jpg
And what is the price of your help?

dHBR8.jpg
Oh, it's not too steep... We only want to know what you are doing here.

DjHs4.jpg
I'm... the situation in the Shelter got out of hand and... Well, my girl... uhm... a woman I really care about escaped to the surface. And I followed her. But we were separated. I'm trying to find her. She's probably in danger... If I'm attacked on sight, then she... alone... and a woman at that...

so... much... ellipsis...

FTWSph.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
I don't have time to rest.

No rest for the wicked

dHBR8.jpg
But please, you must at least eat something, catch your breath. You will not help her by dying of exhaustion...

DjHs4.jpg
I have to press on. Please...

Z8OSXh.jpg

Al enters the building with the Pimp. These folks look so friendly, what could possibly go ronk?

NBm6Qh.jpg

qmwKsh.jpg

What could POSSIBLY go ronk...

yougonget.jpg

JnYe1h.jpg

The pimp leaves the room. Albert doesn't think much about it and feasts on the delicious meat.

uPwqih.jpg

But as he feasts, he trips the newspaper on the table, which falls to the ground...

... revealing a severed hand under it.

Delicious BABY meat! :thumbsup:

Albert takes a few steps back in repulsion.

0hRQ5h.jpg

cHLk4h.jpg

This is the door the pimp took. Cozy. There's another door inside, but it's locked.

sarERh.jpg

This place is a friggin slaughter pavillion. There's a key on the nightstand.

Also, when taking it, The screen goes black for a moment.

OD260h.jpg

And don't ask me why or how he got it, but Albert changes his prestigious vault 13 jumpsuit for popamole surface dweller cloth armour, reaching the ultimate in X-TREME

I still don't know how he got it in that room, though. Might be that I haven't noticed it, or he got it off the butchered corpse...

... which wouldn't even be that strange right now :hmmm:

FaYH1h.jpg

The key opens the other door. Albert goes away, grabs a sawblade and hears someone yell

GET HIM!!

So much for diplomacy...

ACgLXh.jpg

Get out of here, stalker!

RaMGjh.jpg

You know, I really wish I got attacked by regular raving lunatics that DON'T use dual-wield. FFS

0RgbEh.jpg

ick

cIVfoh.jpg

More FEWLS come to DIE

cIbDZh.jpg

Yes!

Da8KOh.jpg

Some sort of generator or whatever.

nw37lh.jpg

Pressing the three consoles in the right combination opens the door to this, uh, tram car?

wPlPmh.jpg

Of course, as we ride along, armed cannibals want to pop our mole.

bbZCth.jpg

Which doesn't matter much, since they are, conveniently, standing right next to explobarrels.

NQRAXh.jpg

As the tram stops, Albert finds this baby next to sum crates.

The sawn-off is p cool. Takes ages to reload and packs only 2 shells in the mag, but it's powerful up close.

Albert can't see any way he can take after going off the tram

ueIrwh.jpg

But there's a power box here.

6H61Eh.jpg

Shooting it (and frying the cannibal) summons an elevator.

7a1yNh.jpg

Zucuxh.jpg

SPLAT

s1ZFPh.jpg

Tapping the switch causes something to move in the upper right corner of the screen, tripping something else that provides a HUEG EXPLOSION and collapses, breaking some of the fence that was blocking Albert's path.

SzsP8h.jpg

This makes Albert end up in an area that is being bombed by explosive barrels and cannibals.

fUNYDh.jpg

3oeKTh.jpg

Pretty convenient for ammo dispensers to still be here. AND provide ammo, too.

Albert then blasts an explobarrel to clear the way from a shoddy gate in true X-TREME fashion

tWIoXh.jpg

But this gate here will need something more than just explobarrels.

H6W93h.jpg

So he kicks a door in some side building

HI735h.jpg

What do we have here

TSSZkh.jpg

A completely worthless waffe, that's what we have.

The single bullet damage is already pretty bad, but effective damage is even worse, since the shots fly just about everywhere except the place you aim at. This means, in practice, that while a typical enemy will go down after 3-4 headshots with the regular pistol, the kosicov will need like 10.

It shoots friggin fast, though. Still, totally not worth it.

5SCqGh.jpg

Using a console in this building grinds some gears above the gate

Then the console ASPLODES!!!!!

B4aQjh.jpg

The gate is opening reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal sloooooooooooooooooooooooow

Qmvyqh.jpg

Probably to give all those cannibals a chance to rape us.

Among the dual-wielders also come the guards that we've seen at the main gate. They pack shotguns, so killing them before they get close is optimal.

ZZQ7ih.jpg

ENERGY LEGS

JV2pfh.jpg

Albert, what is best in life?

DjHs4.jpg
To crush your patients, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their inner daemons.

That is good! :thumbsup:

W0GgCh.jpg

Looks like it's back to the streets for you, mr Tokaj.

lightbane

Arcane
8P7W6h.jpg

Post-apocalyptic EXTREME shoulderpads.

OD260h.jpg

You're trying too hard. You lack baldness and more muscles if you want to look EXTREME.

FTWSph.jpg

Cool suit, too bad he's evil as well. I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE is evil and wants to kill you just because, I wouldn't be surprised if our protagonist gunned down people that only tried to defend themselves.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yay for update! Will we fight the guy in the top hat at some point?

Nope :( For some weird reason, he never appears again, or at least that's what I remember. And I doubt I've missed him during the previous playthrough, since he kind of, er, stands out.

Ermm

Erudite
So, what was the advertised suprise ending? And what happens with Albert in the end? No, really, they were advertised as features.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Someone spoilered the ending to me a ways ago and, well, it's certainly surprising, but more surprising stupid than surprising clever.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lEoa8h.jpg

Albert presses on.

UPbhrh.jpg

And he is now sitting in a chapel

AJPMZh.jpg

minding his own business, listening to a lovely hebrew mass

0Z7OUh.jpg

But suddenly, those papist people plunge in

U6xfPh.jpg

They put him in a dungeon

DWIQhh.jpg

and stick a red hot poker up his arse.

0V4ryh.jpg

Is that considerate?

dSgexh.jpg

Is that polite?

ERsayh.jpg

ygV05h.jpg

MVDikh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
I ain't drinking with those cannibals again.

A59VXh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Could the sun please shine a bit more quietly? Thanks.

tWPYrh.jpg

Gladiator? What gladiator?

7g1zth.jpg

OSHIT

Meet the gladiator. He's a bossfight, in case you haven't noticed. Just shoopin' him won't do us any good, so let's wait for opportunities...

OSO8Zh.jpg

He's carrying a fuckhueg shield that he throws from time to time like he's friggin Captain America.

gxeSfh.jpg

But Albert has very high dodge, which means the shield gets stuck in random stuff on its way

GYKU7h.jpg

WELL, I WONDER WHERE COULD THAT WEAK POINT OF HIS BE

RWGxmh.jpg

Still, even when he doesn't have the shield, the gladiator is far from harmless. He's got a bitchin' whip that knocks Albert down and is a bitch to dodge.

Thus, Albert deftly dodges back to mitigate the damage, while the gladiator picks up his shield.

0AFmwh.jpg

DAMMIT, WHERE IS THAT WEAK SPOT

IJm2gh.jpg

While trying to shoop, Albert gets stomped. But non-fatally, fortunately.

And this is the fight in a nutshell. Wait for him to throw shield, shoop shoop, run around waiting for him to throw again.

hk48Bh.jpg

However, after another volley, the gladiator lets out a shriek.

7Pcn7h.jpg

A cannibal runs to this, uh, totem-like thing and pushes it down.

oV6VIh.jpg

One ugly mofo he is.

The gladiator stomps towards the totem... this could mean only one thing

VOPLuh.jpg

FUCKHUEG CLUB ENGAGED

At least this time you don't have to wait for him to show his weak spot.

RokQmh.jpg

Random cannibals also invade the arena

JPEG4h.jpg

Ammo dispensers. That's nice.

However, caution has to be exercised when the gladiator goes clubbing...

EkMWAh.jpg

Because getting too close means Albert gets dusted.

And since the gladiator has a pretty high amount of action points

Az0ALh.jpg

He follows up with another hit that leaves Albert dead while he's still on the ground.

ZT4JMh.jpg

time warp

0l5AGh.jpg

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, this bitch hits HARD

w0ZU9h.jpg

The sawn-off is way too risky in this encounter, so let's poke him to death with the pistol.

tTGsZh.jpg

Although the sawn-off is still good to dispose of stray cannibals.

yz4kuh.jpg

After shoopin' the gladiator for a while, this cutscene starts...

EEbVzh.jpg

It's Karolina! Trying to sneak up on some guy operating a floodlight.

Psk40h.jpg

But she reconsiders and takes the wrench instead of the pipe.

0QKDyh.jpg

Is about to swing it at him, but...

dOYokh.jpg

She doesn't. What. THIS IS NO PLACE TO BE PACIFIST, YOU STUPID HOE

4km1ph.jpg

She taps him on the shoulder to get his attention first...

3T1ZGh.jpg

and THEN whacks him with the wrench.

That was so very absurd :thumbsup:

yjyoNh.jpg

Another successful therapy!

fVh4yh.jpg

Our BRO Al looks tired.

7UwK4h.jpg

Then notices Karolina.

She runs off... somewhere

srnXfh.jpg

... and ends up in a back alley.

WUT

oRMUuh.jpg

Meanwhile, Albert runs out of another alley, chased by cannibals

WUT

Rl1E2h.jpg

When suddenly, more cannibals appear and try to bumrush Karolina.

qPnilh.jpg

gVIBkh.jpg

I have no idea what is going on, but it has a lot of people running around

GyFAsh.jpg

A cannibal blocks her way...

NaFsOh.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY.

Yes, the saboteur. He walks out of a building and kicks some, uh, railing, I guess that falls on the cannibal's head.

The funny thing is, I actually didn't notice the saboteur in this scene the first time I played. You see him going out of the building only for a split second, so if you don't look exactly in that direction, you'll think the debris fell on the cannibal's head just by itself or whatever. Nice touch. I actually had no idea I caught this guy on a screenshot.

3tF3nh.jpg

tlt3Rh.jpg

Yf06bh.jpg

9UYXGh.jpg

Here was when I noticed the saboteur yesterday. You see him running out of the building to the right, and rushing after Karolina. I was like 'wut' when I saw it, and thought I hadn't captured him on a screen. But, fortunately, I managed to do that accidentally on another one :thumbsup:

Still. That doesn't quite deal with that horde of cannibals, though...

cJCNph.jpg

THIS IS YOUR STALINGRAD, TOKAJ

DjHs4.jpg
NO

What do you mean 'no'?

DjHs4.jpg
I have a better plan

Which is?

RmvcGh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
I DRIVE, YOU SHOOP

:rage:

Don't ask me why Al just won't run after Karolina, but I guess running right by a fucking construct made of rails is too fucking much for him.

bzjmnh.jpg

This chase scene is different from the previous ones, though.

Albert keeps running forward on his own, yeah, but you control his side movement.

eNLNrh.jpg

You also happen to have the Kosicov SMG and unlimited ammo (except that you have to reload), that Tokaj will shoot blindly behind him. You have to manoeuvre Albert left/right so that the shitty gun actually hits anything, and there's a lot of armed goons chasing Tokaj that need to be disposed of ASAP.

3VYAlh.jpg

Sup

qzt70h.jpg

Haha, a gate drops in front of the chimera, blocking its path. FEWL

9elIXh.jpg

But it just breaks through it. Shitte.

jHPwrh.jpg

Still, no matter how shit the kosicov is, it IS kind of good against fat targets at point blank range.

Io10xh.jpg

I'll take the regular pistol over it any day though.

bKXFJh.jpg

8JIIeh.jpg

Albert kicks in the door of a derelict pharmacy

HxaW4h.jpg

I would have never figured!

TLnjUh.jpg

Take that, sandniggers.

TPURnh.jpg

Tokaj picks up some ammo from a dispenser outside, and goes through a gate...

ikpSBh.jpg

In before he gets KO'd again

A2RMTh.jpg

OSHIT

ywGZ5h.jpg

OSNAP

za6qeh.jpg

NO

J8HWzh.jpg

NO!

z8iXWh.jpg

FUREH!!

YdQalh.jpg

More shooty-shooty acshun

RPpLUh.jpg

Hiding inside this building gives good protection from the gunners, while Albert picks off the dual-wielders.

lkBSeh.jpg

Turns out he was shooting at the threshold of a very peculiar bathroom. Intestines in the sink, brian in the toilet.

Lovely!

yudhxh.jpg

Moving on...

P4blmh.jpg

More adversaries

0kDahh.jpg

4Va0fh.jpg

WHAT COULD LIE BEHIND THIS DOOR?!?!?!!

Ah, I almost forgot.

6wAhEh.jpg

Here's the condition for this level.

but the answer to the greatest question still stands...

WHAT COULD LIE BEHIND THAT DOOR?!?!?!!

Seriously, why would anyone, even mutie scum, paint a bullseye on their belly? There's inane, and then there's inane.

How much of the game remains?

And is Dr. Badazzkowski actually the...well we don't have a spoiler tag anymore...so I'll just wait.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Seriously, why would anyone, even mutie scum, paint a bullseye on their belly? There's inane, and then there's inane.

Well, the way I see it, this 'gladiator' is probably some uberchimera the cannibals might have captured and started using for their entertainment, so it was probably not the mutie that painted a bullseye on itself.

Which still doesn't really excuse the inanity, but yeah...

How much of the game remains?

This is like 60% into the game, I would say. +/- 5%, don't remember how much stuff there is specifically between 'now' and the next big landmark I remember.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
What's with the weird line breaks? Copied from wordpad or summin'?

I can't get over what a fundamentally bad idea those running scenes are.

anus_pounder

Arcane
:salute: I have no idea whats going on, but I'm sure its very exciting and engrossing. Do continue, Rabbi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom