Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let's Play Al-Qadim - The Genie is real

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ninja Destroyer, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This will be my first attempt in making LP, so it will probably be as good as some I've read here. But the codex database really needs this game for the obvious reason. And so I am here, playing for the first time Al-Qadim.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talking about short intro.

[​IMG]

Since I don't know what will I encounter I'm playing it safe and remember that normal in the 90's was normal. The Name is known to everyone, I presume.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tarik - older brother, noted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:incline:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder If I'll met some of those so called genie lords. Could be interesting encounter. Anyway, it's time to act.
    You can use mouse or keyboard to move. I prefer the first one since it's more smooth and easy to navigate. The right button is used to move, the left to attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are many traps in this labirynth, but I think it's not difficult. Even if you aren't quick enough and get teleported to the beginning by some kind of magical fog, you can finally make it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those things on the ground are some kind of living creatures, reminds me of a Tremors movie. The green fires can be killed.

[​IMG]

Finding the path through the hidden squares.

[​IMG]

Better be careful, you can easily loose most of the health if you aren't careful.

[​IMG]

Instead of smashing vases I've chosen the middle pistil and morphed into a parrot. After a short fly on the other side the spell wears off.

[​IMG]

Avalanche problem, you will be hit some times even if you are quick.

[​IMG]

Finally over, we can claim the treasure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andhaira is on 3 level now and has some helpful potions with him. Moving on the magic carpet refills our health bar. We are moving onward.

[To be continued...]

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. abnaxus Arcane Patron

abnaxus
    All I remember about this are worst controls ever.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    I tried this game a few years ago, but once the tutorial was over, it quickly became way too hard for me.

Al-Qadim is a pretty cool setting, though I wish its magic didn't rely so heavily on the classical four elements.

^ Top  
  5. Lilura RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Lilura
    Arabian Nights, ftw. This and Kara-Tur are the only AD&D-era campaign settings I haven't gamed under (cRPG or PnP).

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Monstrous Bat Arbiter

Monstrous Bat
    Take care, Ninja Destroyer. I heard this game is terrible.

^ Top  
  7. Havoc Cheerful Magician Patron

Havoc
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The font and color reminds me of Albion, but it's not the same dev, huh?

^ Top  
  8. Eyeball Arcane

Eyeball
    It's actually a really good little Zelda-like. Gameplay is fairly banal, but it has some decent push-blocks-onto-pressure-plates puzzles and a gorgeous and original setting.

One piece of advice though: Keep multiple save games. Seriously. Do this. Not because of bugs, but because there is at least one point in the game where you can game over yourself instantly and if you saved just before that point, you have wasted your weekend.

^ Top  
  9. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part 2 : Reunion.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

We are teleported into the desert and right after that we are welcomed.

[​IMG]

The game lacks portraits of characters. Touche. I choose the first option.

[​IMG]

:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We meet our father.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A sword with the upgrades. Well, it isn't double edged katana but it will suffice in our journey.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quick look at our stats. Very balanced, J. Sawyer approves this.

[​IMG]

Inventory is simple, I like that. Time to move.

[​IMG]

First I will visit my brother's house. There is nothing to take, just a little letter. Time to investigate the rest of the city.

[​IMG]

The camel has some groovy moves right there. Let's take a look at the inn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol: Looks like insulting didn't cause any trouble.

[​IMG]

A men, or a women, it's hard to tell at first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I've learned easily thanks to this conversation is 1) to be polite, it gives you always more information about the plot 2) We have a family djin called Muliban. I wonder why and what is his purpose.

[​IMG]

Another room, but nothing interesting. Better to move out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What a sissy. I bet we will have the opportunity to seize the treasure.

[​IMG]

Weapon Master Zubakon. He will help us to gain new moves once we level enough. Sparring is also included. Right now we better move.

[​IMG]

We are at Qadi's office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No matter what you take, it will always end up the same way. Whatever, I'll need more XP, time for some quests!

[​IMG]

Visited the mother, overprotective as always.

[​IMG]

He is my older brother, of course nothing is wrong !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Badmouthing the sister, naughty boy.

[​IMG]

Endure, and in enduring grow stronger.

[​IMG]

Ah, so the djin protects our family interests and gives good winds to our ships.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No mom, I won't wear it. :rolls eyes:

[​IMG]

We find the letter in the house, from, oh..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:desu:. No time to rest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was very hard. First invisible wall is opposite the door that we've entered. The second is on the right. It's probably the mini-tutorial for new puzzles that will show up. Unfortunatelly there is no XP/prize for doing this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crazy women, wants me to smash those vases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mages working day and night fixing the vases. That's all they can do. Let's go the barracks.

[​IMG]

Oh, sorry, didn't want to disturb you. Whatever you've been doing alone half naked it's fine by me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oasis eh, my quest sense is tingling.

[​IMG]

Typical semite, no "Welcome, it's good to see you back". Whatever, I've got more than enough, I repay the debt. Sweet, XP points for this one.

[​IMG]

A shop where you can only buy healing potions. Why no chicken, bananas and green pea ?

[​IMG]

A storeroom and nothing to take ? I want to loot barrels and sacks of wheat dammit !

[​IMG]

Revisitating our sister.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scimitar is good in melee 1on1 duels but this sling will be better for group of enemies.

[​IMG]

:troll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Andhaira, trying to deduct what's a genie curse, continued his town inspection.

[To be continued]

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  10. Night Goat The Immovable Autism Patron No Fun Allowed

Night Goat
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    [​IMG]

This bed doesn't look very comfortable.

^ Top  
  11. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Come to think of it, at first it looked to me more like a prison than the inn :lol:.

I'll be careful. If anything happens, then tough luck :negative:.

^ Top  
  12. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part 3 : The First Contact

Show Spoiler

We stopped our journey in our sister's house, bet there is so much houses to visit.

[​IMG]

Wassabs are the rival family in town. I guess stepping uninvited made a bad impression on them. But let them try stop us ! We must finally complete the quest with the treaty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to attack but dialogue is the only option here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi there, can you sign my petition treaty ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm starting to feel like some official in the middle east trying to do my work here. Whatever, no persuade/intimidate dialogues battles in game. Let's go to the temple for some spiritual enlightment.

[​IMG]

We donate 5 gold coins, it doesn't matter how much you give, the xp reward is the same.

[​IMG]

:troll:. Nothing more to do here. Let's see a friendly merchant Babazar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What most RPG's taught me, that is never wise to ask for the money before making the quest. Let's be benevolent and tell him that it will be done.

[​IMG]

:( . As we walk by we see a complete stranger who starts a dialogue with us.

[​IMG]

Wha..

[​IMG]

Hey liste..

[​IMG]

Why?

[​IMG]

Oh my friend, a couple of minutes ago I was called a street sweeper. We go for the second option, [genetic/financial lottery, etc. ]

[​IMG]

:obviously: . Next house looks bad.

[​IMG]

Giving money to the people bring us more experience. And we can feel good about it :smug:.

[​IMG]

Nobody can resist the charm and muscles of Andhaira. Flattery answer is the only way :Bioware:

[​IMG]

:cool:

We've almost visited everyone in town. Expect... our aunt Ru'tan. It sounds familiar, oh yes, now I remember.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frogs, frogs everywhere. What happened here auntie ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Intelligence]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gems and gold. Excellent. We don't have much reserves so every coin counts for now. Meanwhile you can see the friendly tiger on the left. He just sits there like a lazy cat and do nothing.

[​IMG]

We finally go to our father to sign him a treaty.

[​IMG]

We go for the first option.

[​IMG]

I guess it's finally over. Now only the Wassabs remain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rage:

Now I understand why this family isn't liked. My patience is running out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least the sister didn't wanted to do her laundry or something else. Good girl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suddenly it's getting darker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before we take the papers to end the quest, let's see the evil oasis that was mentioned many time. Those berries won't take themselves!

[​IMG]

We have got here hyenas, plants shooting with some nasty blowing spikes, little tornados and last but not least a deadly bees. You can't slay them with the sword so when you see them, RUN!
    As we move to the town, a strange creature appears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:bounce:

Ekhm, I mean - Yes, I am the man of honor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I promise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So we have berries and a message to Qadi. It was wise to search the oasis. And a healing pool which we can visit any time we want:incline:.
    Just as we walk by to the city walls a familiar face appears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grave news indeed. Situation is getting more and more tense. I can feel in the air that it's just the beginning of a bigger shitstorm.
    But first things first, let's meet the merchant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would "study" her too. Ekhm, sorry. Now to give the treaty and the message.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sigh, ok, time to backtrack.

[​IMG]

First let's ask the important question about the Genie's Curse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good to know there is a source of that infestation. I warned the siren about the filthy merchant who wants to profit from her enslavment. Time to get back to the city.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zubak - the trolling djin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sounds supsicious, I wonder what happened to him. Time to write it on the "to do" list.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can feel the bloodlust in the air.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to move. Maybe someone survived. Aftter some search I've found some old man attacked by a pack of hyenas. My swift blade have slayed them all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ha, at least we've got the Caliph problems off our list. He recognizes us quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, yes, let's ask him the obvious question.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The family djin destroys rival family's ship, but leaves Caliph and helps our soon to be wife Kara. Surely there is someone else who has cast a spell on the genie, someone powerful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we have any choice in that matter. But it's near the coast so finding it wasn't difficult.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kara is alive and well, we are moving in the good direction. It's time to return to the city.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol:

Interrogating genie, this should be interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The djin is real. And he has powerful trolling abilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, Andhaira is the victim here. We must act!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No kidding, a ship could help us to move quickly.

[​IMG]

Butthurt Caliph doesn't give us any choice. It's time to say farewell to our family and journey through the land to restore the name of Al-Hazrad's. We take the last glance on the city gate and move out.

[To be continued...]

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  13. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part 4 : The Mage.

Show Spoiler

So here we are, with our family being imprisoned, no ship to sail and not a single soul to help us. Let's try the mermaid lady, she was nice to us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sounds easy enough, let's go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Grimoire Al-Qadim, you can ride on a turtle!

[​IMG]

New monsters - zombies are first to be seen on this little island, they are easy to kill though.

[​IMG]

The archers on the devasted ship are way more deadly with their aiming, as you can see by the health bar. After defeating all of them our her goes inside the ship.

[​IMG]

After a quick glimpse we see a dead end and some evil character in a black robe who wants the ship for herself.

[​IMG]

Unfortunatelly for her, wizards cannot into melee fights and she was quickly disposed of. The sweet smell of loot surrounds me. After grabiing all the stuff I read the scroll on the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whoever wrote that was a prophet. After reading Andhaira sees a disturbance in the north wall. It looks like some kind of portal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And behold, it really teleports us into some sort of astral dimension. There is only one oval room with no more blue tracks that can be reached. The big green thing can be destroyed. Let's try it.

[​IMG]

It turns out into the smaller one, and it heals our wounds everytime we touch it. Sweet. Since there is nothing more to do here we return to the ship. Which is renewed and ready to sail! Turns out the green thing was a source of the curse.

[​IMG]

The big golden guy quickly catches our attention.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although Andhaira is a corsair a captain of the ship still would be very useful for us. But let's try play super friendly here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whenever we want to sail, we must set the destination to the captain djin and he will take us there. We have our own ship, now we can go visit the Mage before we move on the seven seas.

[​IMG]

The doors are in the north part of the Oasis. We know the password thanks to the mermaid.

[​IMG]

As we enter we see a dark tiles throught the whole map. Looks dangerous. As we approach on the beard face we hear a voice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this warm welcome we are free to roam the mage's dungeon.

[​IMG]

There are some green puddles in the area, where some kind of living things will spawn from them.

[​IMG]

Riddles and finally something familiar. A giant rat, no drops from them though.

[​IMG]

Another stomping on the face in the ground and dialogue appears.

[​IMG]

Wait, how does he know our father ? Later on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Honor, honor, honor.

[​IMG]

Besides enemies there are of course some puzzles to solve. Preety simple if you ask me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Giant black spiders. Usually there are couple of them. They have the venom too, which will drain our health for some time.

Back to the puzzles. The biggest one in this dungeon.

[​IMG]

The pool full of acid. The only movement that we can make is throught those block that move in one or more directions. There are three wings to beat here.

[​IMG]

A puzzle where we step on thos oval symbols and have to memorize some patterns.

[​IMG]

The second wing - where we need to set the handles in the proper order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was too easy.

[​IMG]

The women will ask the same question a couple of times. We need to be persistent.

[​IMG]

Only one last wing to solve, wait, gah, what's that thing?

[​IMG]

That's the hint about the responds to the beard guy and other characters in this sections. Whatever you do, don't lie and try to give an appropriate respond.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You have no honor, like a man!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This trap is really deadly so after memorizing the pattern of moves we finally manage to take some extra loot from chests and move on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great, another riddle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last respond didn't worked :troll:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is no secret harem ending here :(.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What promise ?

[​IMG]

He is reading in my mind. But of course I'll promise him whatever he wants. I have enough of this acid pits.

[​IMG]

Finally we are seeing the end of the tunnel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First we'll ask where is Kara, to give us some coordinates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow, thanks for nothing! At least we can go into the castle.

[​IMG]

After some tracking we find a door.

[​IMG]

Ha, who would have thought. And she has a nice pair of legs. Being a mermaid must be a part time activity.

[​IMG]

Wife? Wife?!! Now the promise makes sense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe he will be more helpful than the giant green face.

[​IMG]

Djin Lords? Sound dangerous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, we have some plan finally. But we can ask more questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for encouragment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Old goat is jeleaous of our muscles and strenght. Those questions asked in the dungeon had some pattern after all.

[​IMG]

Let's change the subject and ask about the hermit who has the information about the Djin Lords location.

[​IMG]

Sounds like Prosper. Apart from the aged part.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fetch quests are my favourite ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little golden things are birdies. They fly all over the chamber and are really annoying. The wizard has a point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Off we go !

[​IMG]

We have a little boat to sail ourselves onto the shore of majestic capital city. First the warm welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We still can't enter to private house, Mess Hall and Barracks. Better not get on the bad side with the guards.

[​IMG]

Our budget is tight. Let's see the friendly merchant first.

[​IMG]

That could prove to be very useful. We'll need more gems to feel the change in our pockets. After some time we finally find the proper shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are no trade in-game skills. Oh, well I give the whole sum to the Emporium owner. And since we are in the city let's see the other vendors...

[​IMG]

Which aren't cheap, that's for sure. Maybe some other things are affordable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, we'll come when we have a couple of chests of gold :lol:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No need for charcoal. We don't need to eat anyway,hah.

[​IMG]

At first I was scared what I can see there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why would I need a snake. Strange people living here.

[​IMG]

Khem, thanks but on the ship I can do it for free.

[​IMG]

I think we have a jackpot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A game is simple to learn. After some time I've even know when the numbers will be the same as earlier. It was too good to be true. I couldn't resist.

Meanwhile in Capital City...

:oops:

[​IMG]

I'm now rich like a Sheik of Agrabah. Thanks SSI guys :hug:.

[​IMG]

A lady in the shop offers some honeybread. Lady, I can buy the whole building right now.

[​IMG]

:smug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't need new carpets or food. Let's get going. We find our old teacher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sounds like the situation is getting more tense. We quickly learn the new move through some sparring and after doing some shopping return to the wizard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the powerful genies can become possessed apparently. I hope some evil wizard won't use one of them on me... :hahano:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With those last words Andhaira journeys to The Island of Shibaz, home of the Library Hermit. But that is another part of our story

[To be continued...]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  14. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    [​IMG]

Offering you such an awesome answer and then telling you it's incorrect is just cruel.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Scrooge Female Quota Staff Patron

Scrooge
    Codex 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    That's a fun little game, I finished it last year too. It can get a bit difficult at times due to the semi-great fighting system but it's really atmospheric :) And... short.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. AngryKobold Cipher

AngryKobold
    Ninja Destroyer

If Al- Quadim does not completely scare you away from SSI action- adventures, play Entomorph: the Plague of Darkfall. I assure you the setting is... unique.

Although there's more bugs inside than in all of Obsidian games together. Then you kill them.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Cool. I might try it and make another LP when I'm done with this one. I remember the box cover art. Judging from the pictures it uses the same engine.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Entomorph was pretty cool.

^ Top  
  19. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part 5 : Sailing through the 7 seas.

Show Spoiler

In the last part we ended up in the mage's castle who directed us to the isle with a man living there who would help us locate the Genie Lords. But our journey is interrupted when another ships starts attacking us. It's full of zombies!

[​IMG]

Those boarding sequences will occur more often, with diffrent enemies (elementals, pirates, skeletons). There is always some chest with a loot at the second ship.

[​IMG]

Finally we are here. The place seems deserted for a very long time. There are some scrolls left behind that we can read. We can take them with us too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We finally meet a new enemy, the harp. She can turn invisible and has a bigger hp than any older monsters that we already met.

[​IMG]

This scroll will help us further on.

[​IMG]

Another puzzle. Two statues. The one on the left need some gold to be "persuaded".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where are scroll is needed. Without any more delays we put it in the statue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We go north. There is a purple coloured chest there. Everything seems normal when...

[​IMG]

It starts speaking to us. Reminds of Torchlight 2 little beasts. Let's try to play a nice guy. We intend to put in, not to take it out (khem).

[​IMG]

Another upgrade for ours sword, sweet. Finally we see some man on the magic carpet flowing and ignoring us. It's time for some tracking.

[​IMG]

Finally we catch the old man. Rashidin is really pain in the ass, and you will see why.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:lol:The man of many names.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that, Omar or Rashiding or whatever dissapers in the library dungeon part. Lucky for us we can move there too.

[​IMG]

In the library we can find some more scrolls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The runes, heh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally we find some of them. They are all black and we need to stomp on them to change their colour to purple. These runes are scattered throught the whole library so finding all of them will take us some time. There are two chests here too, not obligatory to open but loot is loot, right ?

[​IMG]

We can talk to Omar who is floating endlessly and is easy to catch.

[​IMG]

He is playing wiseman and tells us diffrent stories. Pissing him off is a bad idea, we just need to play along nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After some more attemps there is finally a sign of progress.

[​IMG]

A magic carpet would be useful with all those spikes and traps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, yes... It's finally over!

[​IMG]

:negative:. This is what I've been talking about. The ride never ends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More valuable information. It's getting warmer!

[​IMG]

Most annoying puzzle, where we need to take care, because those statues will move towards us and block every movement if we aren't careful. Not to mention the constant health drain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, It's not a Bullfrog classic game but the carpet will suffice as a transportation through the chasm.

[​IMG]

Exit at last.

[​IMG]

We are in the more important part of the library. The scrolls are useless though, there is nothing substantial in them.

[​IMG]

The wizard told us about this. We can put the mirror here to "bribe" Omar and after that he will give us the name of the Genie Lords island.

[​IMG]

It's very nice, but after minutes of seeing him floating through the level I was pissed off. Without any hesitation I've started to search the whole level. And voila, there is a hidden entrance with the scroll. The old fart can take his mirror any time he wants. We're outta here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At the island we meet a strange man levitating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seems like he really doesn't like the Council. Let's ask more details about them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like djins have diffrent classes too. Dao, Efreet and Marid. Interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let's try some intimidation techniques.

[​IMG]

Well then, we don't have any other choice but to meet Mirza. His efreeti guardian blocks our path.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boot licking is our only option. He get's easily mad at us when we don't talk the proper line and refuses to talk after that for some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess we can go back to the "Reptilian Desires" and find one of them.

[​IMG]

Let's jusk ask if it really is the wisest snake.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

400 old years, not bad.

[​IMG]

What the hell!! Why did you did that ?

[​IMG]

Puny intelect ? You are not Cleve FFS.

[​IMG]

After that we try to let off some steam by talking to another genie. Maybe he isn't such a dick like the earlier one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :lol:

:lol:. I know that, bu why ?

[​IMG]

So the Fuwwah dick djin is our only way through. Great. Let's try talking to him again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy it while you still can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sigh. Another sailing back and forth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:argh:

[​IMG]

After some time and bringing another attempt to finally beat the guardian.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the experience points couldn't make the bitter fedex adventures of Andhaira more sweet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least the money and gems aren't the problem.

[​IMG]

:yeah:

[​IMG]

No, don't do this to ..

[​IMG]

:what:

:rage:

[​IMG]

What's next. A little cat, a pendant from underwater temple. Please, I need more quests!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We are back at the Capital City. First we learn some new moves.

[​IMG]

After that we start asking for information at the inn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Get to the point already, I'm on the edge here!

[​IMG]

Finally.

[​IMG]

Respawning fire elementals and deadly lava terrain which constantly drains our health. I hate the guardian.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look into your head, there is a lot of emptiness in there :outrage:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[Lie] Upon my honor it is so.

[​IMG]

I..., It's over. The nightmare is over.

:fuuyeah:

[​IMG]

We see a gigantic chessboard. At last something diffrent. Until next time!

[To be continued...]

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  20. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    That bottle should be tossed into the sea !

I mean, sure, in a few centuries, there'll probably be a poor fisherman who'll fish it out and open it. But that'll be his problem.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I'd keep the bottle around, shake it ever so often, yet taking care it isn't broken.

^ Top  
  22. Absalom Guest

Absalom
    Why didn't you buy the coal and snake as soon as you saw them? It was obviously meant to be for a later quest

^ Top  
  23. Monstrous Bat Arbiter

Monstrous Bat
    Are... are there any particular reasons that there're:bro:s growing out of the sands?

^ Top  
  24. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    The brofists are blocking the path to the center of the map. You need to make a little detour to finally make it there. As always, I blame the djin(s) for that.

^ Top  
  25. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part 6: Andhaira's Gambit

Show Spoiler

In the last part of LP we ended up on the giant chessboard. There are four directions that we can move from, and we need to find an exact pattern to be able to teleport to diffrent locations.

[​IMG]

Yeah, we seek the audience.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, that was quick. Another very helpful persona! When we are moving to the exit, we see a girl in a green dress who wants to talk with us. Apparently she can't speak and is imprisoned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

K. Whatever that means.

Let's try teleport in another direction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is it just me or is it getting hot here?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lady djinns don't like to be ignored and we must be patient in our conversation.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've had a pleasure to meet one of them and imprison him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that ladies teleport me back. Time for another chessboard riddle. Finally we've made it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of those specimens who really like the sound of their voice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1001 screenshots later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the women in green was the Storyteller. We need to free her to finally meet the CEO djinn.

[​IMG]

Dialogue option will surely be suffice like the last time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just don't destroy it right afterwards, ok ? Be in a minute. Our only option is to meet again hot blonde djinns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There must be a catch. Let's ask away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nothing can kill brave Andhaira Al-Hazrad!

[​IMG]

Woah, that's it ?

[​IMG]

Off we go then. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Talking about Stockholm Syndrome. We've had enough of the stories in this place, that's for sure!

[​IMG]

Oh shit, another one! Efreeti with make up with questionable gender. But I'm prepared and drink magic potion who enables walking through the fire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:salute:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These one?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wait, what? Why didn't he told me about it ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great. So we need to make a visit to the prison in the Capital City. It won't be easy to persuade Calpih for one. Father could have told us everything and we wouldn't have to make so many travelling. Argh.

To be continued...

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)