Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play Azrael's Tear - Redux

dextermorgan

Arcane
Haven't seen this in a while
BUMP.jpg

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
After picking up the items belonging to the knights, the raptor heads back to the vestry where we first met Philip. With his key the locked door can now be opened.

r_000.png

Inside it we find two more pages of the journal of Tobias.

r_001.png

Entry 79
August, Year of our Lord 1203 AD.

I have learnt today that my masters have orchestrated the fall of the city of Constantinople. Bargains were made with Venetian merchants and pressure applied to the Crusaders so that they ransacked that ancient and beautiful city. It seems that my earlier comuniqués on the Byzantine ruins we have found here, and old rumours known to the Templar high command, led my Masters to believe that Greailstone might also exist there.
The city was taken, but seemingly for naught, for no grailstone was found. This grieves me, for I knew and loved the city. Now it is ruined, partly by my hand.

Again mention of similar ruins in other areas of the world. This is some heavy stuff.

r_002.png

Entry 785
September, Year of our Lord 1307 AD.

Today has been a day of gross perfidy - sailors aboard the Cirrus(one of the two ships that arrived yesterday) showed themselves to be agents intent on murder and theft!
After killing their fellow crewmen and scuttling one ship, they attempted to reach the holiest treasure! They were captured by swift Philip when the alarm was sounded. They will now be questioned and then executed.
I smell the Prieuré behind this attempt.They will have no second chance. I have ordered the harbour sealed and the doorways blocked and concealed.
We will watch and wait for our brothers above-ground to establish themselves.

Now we know the full story behind the falling out with the Priory. They attempted to steal the Grail.

The raptor moves through the door to the north.

r_003.png

Eventually he reaches this very claustrophobic spiral staircase:

r_004.png

The bottom door is open and leads to a very long tunnel. At the end of it there is a huge metal door with Tobias emblem on it. The key found at the library opens it.

r_005.png

The hallway ends in a locked iron door and a metal ladder.

r_006.png

he raptor moves up.

r_007.png

We are finally on the docks. MS2 warns of an "extremely large unidentified creature" in the waters. I also like the bit about "cell structure laced with hardened unclassifiable mineral". Oh dear, time to proceed with caution.

r_008.png

You can see a ship in the distance and a broken stone bridge. You can also hear creepy sounds coming from the water, but the thing won't jump the raptor. At least not yet.

Raptor.jpg
:shivers:

There is a cave leading to the left and a lever on the wall.

r_009.png

The raptor pulls the lever and hears a huge sound of gears turning. Time to move inside the cave. At least that away he will get away from the creepy water noises and whatever is in there.

r_010.png

Uh oh... we hear shots and the roaring of a saurian. Ms2 warns of the presence of another raptor in there. One "Kurt Thyssen".

r_011.png

Luckily this one is willing to socialize. Of note, you can choose to be agressive and get in a shootout. For the sake of extra content I will "make friends" with him.

Kurt.jpg
(with sarcasm) If you want to sneak up on someone, you got to learn to be a little quieter than that.

Damn, this is one fellow raptor that we won't be able to shoot in the back. Also off note: this guy has the most annoying german accent I have ever heard. It is as if they mixed together all the obnoxious voices of nazi movie villains and condensed the worse of it for this guy. The voice acting in this game is superb all over, except on this one character.

Raptor.jpg
This place is making you jumpy? Hardly surprising. Come on, I'm not a threat. There are more than enough relics here to go around, why don't we work together?

Kurt.jpg
(pausing)Humm... I am not sure I should trust you, but maybe I will give you a chance.

At this point we see that a saurian has entered the room where he is standing and is ready to have a go at him:

r_012.png

You can choose to be a backstabbing son of bitch and distract him while the thing grabs him behind his back. You get more extra ammo and kill a competitor that way. Since I want to talk to him and get some information though, I will be a bro.

Raptor.jpg
Look out. One of those damn creatures...

Kurt.jpg
What?!?!(quickly shoots the dinosaur)

Kurt.jpg
Thank you... I obviously made a good ally today. Speak, friend.

Kurt is surprisingly poorly informed about the happenings in Aeternis. I will transcribe some of the questions that he is actually able to answer.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know of Edgar?

Kurt.jpg
Yes, I have met him. I sense deviousness in him

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of Philip?

Kurt.jpg
He seems to be the only one sane left amongst the guardians. At least of those few I have met.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of Tobias?

Kurt.jpg
I have discovered little beyond the fact that he was the original leader of the twelve guardian knights.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of Tallum?

Kurt.jpg
He is quite insane! You only have to say 'hello' to him and he thinks you are being sarcastic enough to warrant your instant murder! Be careful with him.

Raptor.jpg
Did you see that creature that lives in the waters here?

Kurt.jpg
Yes... it attacked me when I tried to get the key that is besides the corpse in that well. Whatever it is, it is the most terrible thing I have ever laid eyes upon.

Raptor.jpg
Have you seem other raptors pass through here ahead of us?

Kurt.jpg
I have been fired upon by that pig Warren. But beyond him and yourself, I have seem no other plunderers.

So Warren is shooting people on sight eh?

Raptor.jpg
:cocks rifle:

Kurt.jpg
I think now it is time to share what knowledge you have discovered, don't you?

Being the streetwise gangsta that he is, the player raptor gives him worthless information. :smug:

If you tell him something that is an obvious lie he will actually shoot you.

Raptor.jpg
Ok, what do you want to know?

Kurt.jpg
Anything you can tell me that might be useful.

Raptor.jpg
Apparently in this place nothing dies properly. There is a body by that ancient well. Hanging around there you can speak to her ghost.

Kurt.jpg
I will check this, but if I find you are mocking me, it will go badly for you!

And he leaves us to explore the room.

r_013.png

Not much to see here besides a document and the saurian Kurt killed.

r_014.png

Year of our Lord october 1264

Regarding your last report, we are indeed alarmed and concerned at the malady that seems to have struck Aeternis and the changes both physical and mental it is wreacking within the guardian knights.
This has obvious repercussions upon our plans. Firstly, we must determine whether the caves hold some ancient illness that you have unwittingly disturbed. Forward more detailed reports immediately and ensure that no-one leaves the temple until this is resolved! Secondly, you are to modify the Watchtower on the wharf so that we may meet you, and see the changes for ourselves in safety. Keep order and report to us when this has been done.

After this another stairway is reached.

r_015.png

You hear a loud roar when you enter. The top area collapses killing a saurian.

r_016.png

The door still opened leads to the very water room from the beggining of the game!

r_017.png

The raptor has come full circle. He trecks back to the mine area and realizes that the huge double doors that lead to the docks are now open:

r_018.png

That old and rusty mine car in the center of the rails still works! it is just a matter of activating it and riding it back to the docks.

r_019.png

Raptor.jpg
Ypee!

We drive the thing straight into the ship, free from the water creature(at least so far). The bridge is broken but the rails are not.

r_020.png

We are in. First thing we notice besides a large metal crane is a corpse haging.

r_022.png

Wait, it is alive? Erm... the raptor aproaches.

r_023.png

Mikhail.jpg
I see you! What armor is that you are wearing? I had begun to think you were just another illusion... it has been so long since I saw anyone! Are you a dream, friend?

This guy speaks with a heavy russian accent and you can almost feel his pain. Have I mentioned the voice acting in this game is great? Meet Mikhail, the last remnant of the assassins sent by the Priory to kill the guardians and steal the grail centuries ago.

Raptor.jpg
I am no dream, I promise you.

Mikhail.jpg
I think you are a dream(laughs insanely)! I have never seem a knight with such a strange helmet. But I don't care if you are real or dream, it feels so good

to have someone to talk to!

Raptor.jpg
Have you been conscious the whole time you have been hanging there?

Mikhail.jpg
Yes... an eternity of torment! And all the time aching... aching just for someone to talk to!

Raptor.jpg
Who are you? Where do you come from?

Mikhail.jpg
I am Mikhail... I was born in Russia, in Novgorod. Oh... a beautiful place. I remember it so clearly...

You can get a lot of info out of this guy.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know of Tobias?

Mikhail.jpg
(mutters something in russian) humm, he was a good choice for the leader of the twelve guardian knights. He was born in nazzeria(??? I couldn't quite get the word), which is his mother's home. His arrogance was sure to strenghten his faith that he was born to guard the grail here.

Raptor.jpg

Mikhail.jpg
(mutters something in russian again) He is a good knight, by all accounts. A fierce fighter. There was some argument that he would make a good leader when the knights were being chosen.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Philip?

Mikhail.jpg
A young knight, eh.(gags) We were told he would cause us no trouble.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Malik?

Mikhail.jpg
He is the second in command to Tobias. He was originally a Parsi, born to be a leader of his people. The templars stole him and indocrinated him into their faith with the use of herbs that promote visions. He was a pawn to them. When the time came, he betrayed his people and their uprising was no more.

Raptor.jpg
Do you know who Cobweb is?

Mikhail.jpg
We met Cobweb only for a briefing when we were about to reach the temple... nur... his face, it was covered, so I cannot tell which of the knights he is. (laughs painfully) and this is well, for under the torture of that fiend Tobias I would have sold any men's soul!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the priory?

Mikhail.jpg
The temple of Solomon is on the slopes of mount zion, and within it, there are 27 paths to the truth. Humpf. None of which may be revealed to outsiders... or even visitors within a dream.

Raptor.jpg
I've heard mention of deeper realms. Wondrous places, they were described as.

Mikhail.jpg
All that I do know is that the knights found evidence of an earlier culture or temple within these caves.

Raptor.jpg
Who is Baphomet?

Mikhail.jpg
The bearded head of God, off course!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Tallum?

Mikhail.jpg
Ah, a valiant and indomitable fighter. We were warned to beware his skills. If challenged by him, our mission would have little chance of success and our lives would have been lost.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about the guardians.

Mikhail.jpg
The most highly trained of the templars. They are twelve, a formidable force to guard the holiest relic in all christendom. But my masters had a hand in the choosing of them... agents here have served us well. But they were not able to save us, when we were caught.

Raptor.jpg
Can you give me any clues to help me get to the grail?

Mikhail.jpg
(mutters something in russian) A map stolen from Geoffrye was given to us of the complex way through the gut rock. But it was taken from us when our mission failed and we were caught.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about your mission.

Mikhail.jpg
(sigh) Our masters wished the grail for purposes it was not my place to ask. We were to rendesvouz with our agents within the temple.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about Geoffrye.

Mikhail.jpg
(coughs) The architect of this place. Not the best fighter.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about Sir Guy.

Mikhail.jpg
We were told to watch him carefully. He is truly a faithful and dedicated knight, a possible threat to our mission.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the rest of this place?

Mikhail.jpg
We saw so little of it before being caught. Why were we not told of the bell!?!?(cries) I had the grail in my hands! We were so close!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of grailstone?

Mikhail.jpg
The grail is made of it. The only grailstone my masters have is a small stone the size of my thumb. But the grail itself is worth more than the crown of the king of France.

Raptor.jpg
There are dangerous animals down here. What are they? Where do they come from?

Mikhail.jpg
We were told to beware them. The knights have used them in fiendish ways to protect the aproaches to the grail.

Mikhail.jpg
I am sick of your meaningless prattle. Begone, phantom! (cries in pain) I will close my eyes and wish you away.... You do not exist. And when you are gone I am sure I will awake to see the cursed ringing before my eyes once more.

I wish the game gave you the option to put this guy out of his misery. Though to be fair it would only turn him into a tortured ghost trapped here forever.

I guess you could release him at least. He is still alive even though he is nearly a skelleton and has been hanging there for centuries.

On the ground we find a letter from Tobias adressed to the Grand Master Templar:

r_024.png

Year of our Lord August 1259
Grand Master,

My previous reports detailed the physical changes we have endured here, but now I must report with some trepidation that our minds too are undoubtly being altered.
Some are haunted by tortured dreaming with dark moods that persist when awake.
Claude and William came to blows yesterday and the others too are deeply anxious and near to violence.
I too am feeling some effects; but for me, they are not unwelcome. I feel an incredible urging to read and learn. My brain is absorbing knowledge like a starved thing almost independent of my will.
I am puzzled that the effects are so different for the others. I fear that insanity may await them unless the malady fades, or they leave the influence of the temple.
Please advise urgently.

The raptor climbs up the ramp to the top of the ship:

r_025.png

We find a ship manifesto lying around.

r_026.png

A door to the south leads us to the cargo hold, where we find the chest Edgar wants.

r_027.png

The raptor picks up a winch handle and a bottle of acqua fortis in the cargo and heads back up. Time to use the crane to put that chest in the mine car and take it to Edgar:

r_028.png

Great success.

r_029.png

After pouring some "acqua fortis" on one of non functioning levers of the mine car, the raptor rides it back to the mine area. Edgar is waiting in front of the crusher controls.

r_030.png

r_031.png

Edgar.jpg
Put the chest into the saw, NOW!

Raptor.jpg
Ok, I will move it there right away.

Edgar.jpg
Excelent!

The raptor does his bidding

r_032.png

And after breaking the chest open Edgar turns on the raptor

Edgar.jpg
Empty! EMPTY! Treacherous thief, where have you hidden it?!?! (attacks)

MS2 states the he is heavily mutated and in heavy armor, but he is no Tallum. A couple of shots and he is down in a bloody disfigured mess.

r_033.png

He is still alive though. The game doesn't give you the option to decapitate him or whatever, the raptor just leaves him there and hopes not to meet him again.

Raptor.jpg
I wonder what the hell was in that chest anyway.

Anyway, time to head back to the docks.

r_034.png

Raptor.jpg
Damn it, the creature is still around!

Moving to the south another area of the docks is reached.

r_035.png

A boat?

r_036.png

Erm near the boat we ca see a little black lump sticking out of the water. MS2 shows it is an hominid species...

r_037.png

Raptor.jpg
What?It doesn't seem threatening at all. Where is the water creature?

I try to get to the boat, but then:

r_039.png

Raptor.jpg
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

r_041.png

Lovecraft was right.

Anyway, we will deal with this giant tentacled thing(human?) in the next update. There are several ways to do it, I will choose the one that provides a curious piece of exposition.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I too am feeling some effects; but for me, they are not unwelcome. I feel an incredible urging to read and learn. My brain is absorbing knowledge like a starved thing almost independent of my will.
Not spooky at all, no sir... :shiver:

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
I will see about posting next update tonight. I will soon be at the point where my botched LP died, and that is good. I have a commitment to play this to the end, specially considering I have not found a complete LP of it anywhere on the net. This must be documented for future generations.

:thumbsup:

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
This is something that most people who play the game miss. The cthuloid monster that roams the waters in Aeternis has actually quite an interesting backstory that you only get by digging up info, getting the right conversations and putting everything together.

If you go back and check the content of the LP so far you can see that this creature is actually "Sasha", the sister of Niamh. She managed to explore the depths of these caves and survive but suffered from the exposition to Grailstone. Wrecked by jeaulosy she murdered her sister and chased Oisin out of the caves, changing into something monstrous as the centuries passed. We learn in the game that she still retains a level of human intelligence and memory of the events(she guards the body of niamh and the well for some reason).

By this point it becomes obvious that Grailstone is not "Holy" at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back before we last died:
r_000.png

The game gives you several ways to avoid being killed by the creature while being at the docks(6 of them actually). I will choose the simplest and least effective, but most interesting. The raptor throw Oisin's amulet in the water, the thing recognizes its presence somehow, utters a painful sound and goes away:

r_001.png

The raptor is now free to use the boat and navigate through these waters. At least for now.
r_002.png

The boat actually moves through a pulley system activated by a lever. "Sailing on rails" if you will.
r_003.png

Nice angel statue.

r_004.png

Anyway, reaching the other side the raptor is free to explore further.

r_005.png

And eventually the raptor reaches this heavy iron door

r_006.png

It is a lab. And according to MS2 there is a human and a corpse around. The raptor proceeds with caution before meeting Philp once again.

r_007.png

Raptor.jpg
Hello again Phillip.

Philip.jpg
Greetings friend, have you spoken to Edgar?

Raptor.jpg
The chest was empty.

Philip.jpg
Empty?!?! But how can that be? I'm sorry stranger, Edgar will think you have stolen its contents. He won't rest now until he has killed you! In the meantime, I am sorry about my earlier haste, I have more time to talk now.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more about Edgar.

Philip.jpg
He is a ferocious fighter, like Tallum. But unlike Tallum, he is sane and you can trust him.

Yeah, right.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Tobias 'vision of the holy thief'?

Philip.jpg
Just the ravings of mad Tobias, I am afraid.

Raptor.jpg
Can you tell me where Malik's court is?

Philip.jpg
No. Just the thought of the place brings me nightmares. Besides, it was sealed by Tobias.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more about Malik.

Philip.jpg
He was a genius, but an insane one. When eventually Tobias flooded his court with poison, he fled the temple to the outside. He must still be living out there, in your world. A dangerous situation. He must be like the only wolf in a world of sheep... no offense intended.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of Lurka?

Philip.jpg
He is as slippery as a slug that refuses to be scrapped from the boot. I have never trusted him, and I have no understanding as to why Tobias does.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me about yourself.

Philip.jpg
Me? I am a knight of small consequence... at least that is how I was regarded by all the others when we entered this place. But since I have oulived most of them, perhaps I am a little more wily than they give me credit for.

Raptor.jpg
Who is baphomet?

Philip.jpg
Just another manifestation of Tobias vanity. It is under this name that he spoke to the outside world and passed unto legend.

Raptor.jpg
Can you help me get to the grail?

Philip.jpg
I would like to be of assistance, but it would undoubtly cost me my life! I am nervous to even speak to you at all.

Raptor.jpg
Why is Tallum so crazy? What happened to him?

Philip.jpg
I am not certain, but take my advice: it would be very unwise to ask him.

Raptor.jpg
Do you know anything about the creature in the water? I have never seem anything like it.

Philip.jpg
I know nothing of it, except that we all fear it.

Raptor.jpg
Do you know anything about the ghost by the well?

Philip.jpg
I advise you to be weary of it, it has been here for centuries... more than any of us knights.

Raptor.jpg
Do you know what happened to the ghost's lover, one named Oisin?

Philip.jpg
That depends on how long he stayed here. More than a few years and he would have aged and died upon leaving the temple.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know about a Sasha?

Philip.jpg
She was the sister of the ghost Niamh. Though what happened to her I cannot say.

Raptor.jpg
I have heard mention of deeper realms. Wondrous places, they were described as.

Philip.jpg
Wondrous... but also dangerous.

Raptor.jpg
The well is very ancient. Much older than Aeternis. Do you know who might have built it?

Philip.jpg
It was built by the Byzantines. They were a vicious and merciless people who had a dwelling buily here nearly 4000 years ago. Little of it is acessible now.

Raptor.jpg
How many others like me have you seem around here?

Philip.jpg
I have seem at least 3 like you, but there is not telling of how many have been drawn here.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of Geoffrye?

Philip.jpg
I do not trust him. He was the architect of Aeternis. He seems unhalted by the long years of exposure to grailstone... by this very token, I suspect him. No one can live down here without that evil substance corrupting or torturing them in some way!

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more about Guy.

Philip.jpg
He was something of a fool. His faith became more blindly solid as we fell under the influence of the grail. Eventually, he believed himself to be the only one left not serving demons.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of this place?

Philip.jpg
I think I trust you, friend. You seem of good character, so I will give you a little help, though I risk myself in doing so. See that corpse over there? He was a tool of Malik. The substance covering him will kill you if your aproach it. You need the proper key to proceed. How you get it? I don't know.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of the beasts that inhabit this place?

Philip.jpg
There are more and worse you have not yet encountered. As for the one in the docks area, if you have not already discovered so, it can change its characer in an invisible way, and it is posessed of an almost human intelligence.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know of grailstone?

Philip.jpg
It is the magical substance from which the grail is formed. The others believed it to have fallen from the heavens by the hand of God himself, but I always thought it was actually sweapt up from depths of hell.

Philip.jpg
If you will excuse me, I have matters to attend to.

And he leaves us free to explore the lab.

r_008.png

As Philip mentioned, the corpse is covered with some kind of poison and the raptor loses health by getting too close. He needs to find a way to grab those keys.

Also, holy molly MS2 detects this skelleton still has life in it!

Raptor.jpg
:horrified: I better leave here soon.

r_009.png

Above the table there are chemical substances and a scorched book that belonged to Malik. The raptor takes everything.

r_010.png

r_011.png

r_012.png

r_013.png

Chemistry is no big deal for an educated man of the 21st century, right?

Raptor.jpg
Damn right.

There is a mixer in the corner of the room. It is all a matter of mixing the right substances in the right order.

r_014.png

Of note: if you use red salt or mix the things in the wrong order this can explode and kill you.

With the poison neutralized and with the ring of keys in his hands, the raptor moves west. But not before picking up a hidden shield that is behind the chemical mixer. It is rusty, but pouring some acqua fortis into it fixes it.

r_015.png

The last holiest Grand Master defied inquisition silent as a statue

Now we move.

r_016.png

Uh oh. Someone in heavy armor?

r_017.png

Shit. It is Edgar again. Good news is that he seems to have forgotten all about finding the empty chest and being shot at. Bad news is that he is still crazy.

Edgar.jpg
Stand where you are! Have you returned to the docks?

Raptor.jpg
(lies) No, I came another way.

Edgar.jpg
You lying maggot, there is no other way through! Where is it?! Where have you hidden it!?!

Goddamnit, worse part is that at this point of the game you have no idea what he is talking about and what was supposed to be locked in that damn chest.

Raptor.jpg
I'm telling you, I found another way through!

Edgar.jpg
I am tired of your lies, thief! I will make sure you spout them no longer!!

And he kills the raptor. Poor guy is making an habit out of dying.

Of note: if you choose different conversation options, Edgar reveals that he now has a new "ally": a raptor named Warren(yes, the murderous one the german raptor we met earlier mentioned),And again we wake up, this time hanging from a metal cage in a torture room! The raptor is greeted by this fellow wearing strange clothing. He speaks with a heavy scottish accent:

r_019.png

Jack.jpg
Don't say anything, the walls have ears. My name is Jack. You came for the grail, haven't you? Well I hate all of this. I hate how these people are playing games with the likes of you, and I hate to see a good man hanging in a cage up there like that. Are you a good man? Hang on, someone is coming. Don't tell him you have seem me.

He leaves.

r_020.png

And Lurka enters the room, hideous as ever:

r_021.png

Lurka.jpg
(laughs) another piece of awful meat hanging to cure. But wait! It is not quite dead yet! Shall good Sir Lurka the oh so unimportant slave welp help him in his predicment? Well now, that depends on the matter of the chest from the docks.

I have actually never seem most of the dialogue that follows in my former playtroughs. Interesting stuff. it only shows up if you lie to him about the chest.

Raptor.jpg
Is that the same chest Edgar is looking so hard for?
Lurka.jpg
Indeed yes... I suspect then that he has already asked you to fetch it for him. Have you had any success?

Raptor.jpg
(lies)Yes, I have hidden it away somewhere.

Lurka.jpg
(sounding excited) Ah, tell me where! And I will let you down from your cage.

Raptor.jpg
Let's exchange information for information, tell me a few things I want to know first.

Lurka.jpg
Very well...

Raptor.jpg
Do you know anything about alchemical experiments conducted in the temple?

Lurka.jpg
Yes, some crazed plans the templars had... they hoped to unlock the secrets of the powers of the grail and use them to empower themselves. (laughs) So little they knew Malick would turn the way he did...

Raptor.jpg
Why do you sneer so much? Why are you so full of hatred?

Lurka.jpg
Wouldn't you be like this, thief? The accursed templars dragged me from my parents and made me slave. Then, not yet content, they brought me into this place to join then in their merry curse of immortality! Then they drowned my lover, who was also a slave, and slowly I had to watch my body and my mind warp and bend under the hellish influence of this place! How wold you be?!?!

Raptor.jpg

Lurka.jpg
A mad and treacherous lapdog of Malick! When his master fled this temple, he foolishly strived to take his place.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Tobias?

Lurka.jpg
(sounding bored) The lord and master of the grail, the holy chosen leader of the twelve knight templars cursed to guard it from godless thieves such as you... at least at first, when he was still sane.

Raptor.jpg
what can you tell me of the vision of the holy thief?

Lurka.jpg
Well, you are here! I have always had faith in my master's prophecies(laughs).

Raptor.jpg
Can you tell me about Malik's Court?

Lurka.jpg
Yes, but I doubt a childish mind such as yours would continue to grasp sanity upon entering it.

Raptor.jpg

Lurka.jpg
His mind is twisted. With guilt, sometimes I suspect. Though for what, I cannot say.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the creature that inhabits the waters? I have never seem anything like it.

Lurka.jpg
Everyone is in fear of it. It is like nothing else, and very dangerous. It protects the body of Niamh, though for what reason we do not know.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Malik?

Lurka.jpg
Malik, he was a monster, worse then any of these knights! Even when we first entered the caves that the rooms and halls of the temple once were, he would only notice me if I stepped in his way and that, to simply kick me away like a dog. I promise you thief, I wwas not sad to see him go.

Raptor.jpg
I have heard mention of deeper realms. Wondrous placesm they were described as. Can you tell me anything about this?

Lurka.jpg
Not without damaging the purposes of the test. I have no respect for it, but I will not risk my master's wrath!

Raptor.jpg
I saw what I think was a ghost by that old well.

Lurka.jpg
Ah, the sweetest soul that ever lived and breathed. Trapped in this accursed place! What crime could she have commited to deserve such a fate? None I tell you! None...

Lurka.jpg
Enough! You think I intend to stay here answering your stupid questions until Aeternis crumbles around us?!? Where is the chest?

Raptor.jpg
(lies)You have been honest with me, so I will be honest with you: It is still at the docks. Let me out and I will fetch it.

Lurka.jpg
What?!?! You fool! Of what use are you to me now? You think I will let you out? You have wasted precious moments of a time I have waited on for decades! Hang there for eternity!

Damn this Lurka... hopefully I will kill this little bastard before all is said and done. The scottish man returns to the room.

r_022.png

Jack.jpg
What have you done to him that he whould just leave you to rot up there like that?

Raptor.jpg
Do I need to have done anything to someone like that?

Jack.jpg
I suppose not... but he obviously did not trust you, and why should I? I hate to see anyone suffer, but if I let you down you might kill me straight away.

Raptor.jpg
I'm sorry, I have nothing to offer. All I can do is throw myself at your mercy. Please help me.

Jack.jpg
An honest man... I like that. It is true, you can't prove anything to me. So I suppose I will take a chance on you.

Raptor.jpg
Thank you.

Jack.jpg
Right. Now, I have managed to keep myself far from the knights by hiding in the one place they cannot go. I suggest you follow me there, you can rest and we can talk some more if you like.

r_023.png

Of note: Jack is extremely paranoid, and if you choose the conversations that make you look like a bastard he leaves you in the cage and you have to release yourself. I follow him back through a different rout in the drains. He seems like a reliable sort, right? Everybody trusts the scots. Notice the computer analysis... seems this guy is a soldier from WWII apparently.

r_024.png

The raptor follows him to his hideout through this section of the drains.

r_025.png

Neat little place. Light... so this is how he has kept himself alive. Living beings in Aeternis generally adapt to the darkness and suffer when exposed to light, as you probably know by now. Time to strike another conversation.The guy hasn't explored the temple a lot but knows quite a bit of what is going on.

Jack.jpg
(sighs) I'm so tired, but it has been so long since I have talked to anyone. Please, tell me what you want to know.

Raptor.jpg
How did you get down here?

Jack.jpg
I just came home from London on the eve. I was a volunteer in the blitz. Walking on the long path from the station suddenly the ground disappeared beneath me, I couldn't get back up! So I explored, looking for a new way out and got lost. When I finally got back to the place where I started, the cave had completely collapsed.

Raptor.jpg
How did you survive?

Jack.jpg
Keeping out of the way of the guardians. The only one I ever came face to face with was Tallum. He was in agony when I used my flashlight on him! So I knew when I found this place that it would be safe. There was a nest of beasts here. I penned them up for food and used their fat for torches to keep exploring when my lamp had stopped working.

Raptor.jpg
How did that chest end up at the docks? That place is almost as well lit as this one.

Jack.jpg
(sighs) my secret is out it seems! Yes, Tobias knows I'm here. And he made a deal with me to keep my silence, and keep me in new jeans, and put that chest there. He also made me store a winch handle in that chest. I must admit, he disturbs me... he endlessly asks me questions about the outside world, and there is a strange light in his eyes when he does.

Raptor.jpg
If it is safe in this place, why do you risk yourself by exploring the ruins?

Jack.jpg
Have you ever tried staying in the same room for eight years? The knights would be sane compared to me if I had done that.

8 years eh? Hummm...

Raptor.jpg
The creature by the docks, do you know anything about it?

Jack.jpg
I was nearly killed by this monster myself. God only knows what manner of hell it came from. Even the knights seem in terror of it.

Raptor.jpg
Tell me more of Tobias.

Jack.jpg
What can I say... he is just like the rest of them. This place drives you crazy, it warps and twists you. As far as I can tell, it only takes six years before it starts to have an effect on you. And it is happening to me. My mind seems okay, but my body is starting to change. But I will tell you this: I will find a way out before I end up like them, God help me, yes I will!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me of the creatures that roam these ruins?

Jack.jpg
The knights call them 'theos'. They are horrendous things. I had more than one scrape with them over the years, as you can probably tell by my scars.

Raptor.jpg

Jack.jpg
He is a vicious ned, that one! When I first met him I shoved my flashlight right down his face and I thought he was going to cut through solid rock to catch me! He was so crazy!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the rest of this place?

Jack.jpg
All I know is that there are deeper levels of the temple where they keep the grail. It seems to be guarded by something they called the 'manticora'.I have no idea what that means.

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about the knights?

Jack.jpg
Not much. There were twelve originally, now there are only five: Edgar, Philip, Tobias, Tallum and Geoffrye. Avoid them like the plague.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know about Malik?

Jack.jpg
As I have been able to hear through my listening tube, he is the only one who was able to get outside of here and live! I heard them talk about him wreaking havok in the outside world. I suppose he must have taken some of that Grailstone to keep him alive.

Raptor.jpg
What do you know about that ghost by the well?

Jack.jpg
Ah yes, Niamh. A sad tale. When I first found myself down here that was my hiding place. Later on, when I discovered that the chances of leaving this place when you are dead are even worse than when you are alive, I knew that suicide wasn't an option!

Raptor.jpg
What can you tell me about Oisin, the ghost's lover?

Jack.jpg
He left her down here. God only knows why.

Jack.jpg
That is enough friend, I must sleep now, I suggest you do the same. Ask me some more when I'm awake.

r_026.png

Raptor.jpg
Sleep tight bro, I guess.

Nothing of interest in this room so the raptor moves out. Heading back to the torture room you find another raptor... dead.

r_027.png

Rest in peace, Jason Cain. Anyway, moving west through the sewers the other side of Lurka's room is reached. The pianola is hidden here. The raptor also picks up a bit of wax and a plaque with 3 crests.

r_028.png

r_029.png

After a Loooonnng treck through this section of the sewers and climbing a spiral staircase the raptor one of the doors of the cheapel that was latched from the inside.

r_031.png

Time to use that Pianola!

r_032.png

Oops... it is Tallum again. He is devoutly praying before the altar. The raptor will have to get past him. In the next update.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Every 25 posts. Yer der.

Well then, now it is all about getting 19 posts to bump this into the next page and post the next two updates. :cool:

Anybody following this has questions about the game? Anybody who played it would like to comment on the LP so far? Otherwise there will be just too much bumping I guess.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've nothing specific to comment on, except it's a cool game and cool LP. I'm still a couple of updates behind, but I should catch up soon.

Keep it up.
:thumbsup:

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
The knights call them 'theos'. They are horrendous things. I had more than one scrape with them over the years, as you can probably tell by my scars.
Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can...

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Well, the Niamh backstory happened over a thousand years before the raptor arrived. She has been dead for centuries and we can assume that the last memories she has of Sasha were not of a giant tentacled lovecraftian monster, she was still somewhat human back then. The templars have no idea of the creature's origins even with all the indications. They know the story of Niamh, Oisin and Sasha, they know that the creature guards the well and Niamh's body for some reason, etc, and they still have no clue because it is so out of their imaginings that a human being could become that. They know Grailstone is powerful but they don't really know it can get to that.

The player only really gets the facts when MS2 does a DNA analysis of the creature and states it is a severely mutated human. And I guess definitive evidence of it only comes when you use Oisin's amulet on it and see the effects it has.

Also, at this point in the game you start to get very obvious hints that time passes differently in Aeternis and that Grailstone seems to have an effect on spacetime itself.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Bump then?

I have the 2 next updates ready and I want to finish this by next week.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Talking heads I was using were popamole. Changed them for more appropriate game images. Also to safeguard LP from links being broken. Hope nobody gets confused by the change in portraits for the characters, just go back and check I guess.

Just a couple more bumps till next page. My next update already goes past where my botched LP stopped, so whoever followed that can pick it up now.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Oh man, my post count is climbing too fast :eek: .

But I want to do this now and so, Uno...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom