Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Daiteikoku - Legend of the Galactic Hoes [NSFW]

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah, I did notice. But blackmail into what? Woe is me - they have pictures with me having sex with some random girl.

"A random girl" is fine. The fact that she looks like she's, what, 12? Not so much. That shit's pretty creepy, to be honest. Sex scene bleh.

Nah, if it were a jailbait the game would have warned about the consequences and allowed you to back away - like in Sengoku Rance. I do agree about the creepiness though. It's the Japanese for you.

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I'm home! How are you doing, Maki?​
maki.jpg
[Maki] Welcome home, daddy. I'm fine, I missed you a lot!​

:what:

Daddy? It's the second time this happens...

Lance.JPG

ranceB.png
Gahahahaha!! :smug:

dai_085.jpg

Holy shit. I don't even.

Well, loli space nazis were apparently the main selling point of the game to many.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Update 4: The Night of Peeling Knives
...in which tough decisions are made, wars are started and Haba struggles with Japanese fetish names.

DISCLAIMER: My translations are especially shitty here, I ad-libbed pretty liberally on some parts that I'd fast-forwarded past. :BUTTHURT:

Another update where nothing happens. Well, a lot happens in the game but I don't do that much. The early turns are like this, you'll just have to live with it.

The Imperial Palace, the Conference Hall―

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Good. And now... Let us begin the conference♪​

The three ministers bowed their heads before Mikado who just showed up.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Hm... Is Nekohira absent again today?​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Yes. The report says he had to attend his grandfather's funeral.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] A funeral is a valid excuse. I leave the finances to you then.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Understood. I will take care of it.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Let's discuss todays agenda... A proposal from Gamerica was sent to us yesterday. I have given copies of that proposal to all of you. Please give it a read.​

Everyone begins to read their copy.​

『We hereby ask the Japanese Empire to relinquish control of the Manilla 2000 and Micronesia border colonies. Your forces shall withdraw from there at once. This act has to be done in order to end the tensions you, the aggressor have caused by attacking the Chun Empire. By accepting this proposal you also agree to a cease fire with the Empire of Chun, in order to ensure a lasting peace.』​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] This...who do they think they are? These conditions are a joke!​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] I can't believe this. Are they making fun of us? This is the fourth time this year. Another unreasonable demand. Why would we withdraw our forces from the Manilla 2000 and Micronesia border colonies?​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] That's true... At least half of these regions were always part of our country.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] If we relinquish control, if we let these systems become independent, Gamerica will occupy them right away. This is not an agreement, it's a threat. We have no choice but to decline!​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Calm down, Rikori-chan. They don't expect us to accept it.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] What?​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Gamerica has something else in mind. They want to make us look like the aggressor and justify a war on us to conquer our systems.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Then... Why all this paperwork?​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...they are a democracy. It would only cause unrest if they werent acting on behalf of justice. The people wouldnt like that.​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] That is absolutely true. I will try to improve our relations with Gamerica, to prevent the worst case scenario.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] I am fed up with their demands.​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] All we can do is endure it for now. If we lose our calm and start a war with Gamerica, they will invade our mainland in no time.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] I guess...​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Maybe we can solve this issue with a bit of diplomacy somehow.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] This is very naive. Gamerica will never negotiate on fair terms! We shouldn't let them threaten us! This proposal deserves our refusal.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...it looks like we have different opinions here. The best way to solve this is to hold a vote. I will make the final decision though.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] Yes, that is a thing I can agree on.​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] Likewise. Mikado should ultimately decide over the future of our Empire. I will accept and respect her decision.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Thank you. I will try my best to make a decision that serves our empire well. But with my little experience and limited knowledge I'm not infallible.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] Therefore, let me hear everyone's thoughts and opinions first. Your turn, Tougou. What do you think about this agreement?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I...​

dai_097.jpg

Now, this is quite crucial decision. If you paid attention to the dialogue, you probably realize the implications.

If I'd chosen to blitz through Chunt Empire, I could turn this agreement down. Unfortunately, since I am taking a bit of extra time here, I won't be able to. It would be too much of a risk.

Game doesn't allow you to save before decision points either, so... We'll have to stick with this.

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] I see. Please wait for a moment. I'm thinking.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...​

Mikado becomes silent for a while.​

mikado.jpg
[Mikado] ...I have decided. We will accept Gamerica's demands, reluctantly.​

ugaki.jpg
[Ugaki] ...As you wish. If this is what our Empress decided, we will respect that decision.​

rikori.jpg
[Rikori] I can't go against Mikado's judgement. May it be that way then.​

The Imperial Conference resulted in giving in to Gamerica's demands in the end.​

dai_098.jpg

This will hurt us, but not as bad as having to fight two front war unprepared would.

dai_030.jpg

dai_099.jpg

End turn button: HIT!

events_phase.jpg

dai_100.jpg

New Admiral: GET!

dai_101.jpg

dai_102.jpg

jap_guard.jpg
[Helpless Guard] No... listen...​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] Why don't you open your eyes?​

Rinfa looks at the man next to her with a sad face, embracing her sharism book tightly.​

jap_guard.jpg
[Helpless Guard] You see... even though I understand the main point of sharism, I don't agree with it...​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] I see...​

jap_guard.jpg
[Helpless Guard] Phew...​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] Alright…then let me read the teachings of Andhaira to you once more from the beginning.​

jap_guard.jpg
[Helpless Guard] PLEASE STOP! PLEASE SPARE ME THAT!​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Sounds like our friend gave up. No man is immune to a hot woman.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Are you sure that's the reason he is screaming?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Haha, nah. She doesn't strike me as the type that'd make men fall like that. I guess she just tries to spread her beliefs.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...That worries me. I heard she was leading an underground sharist movement in the Chun Empire.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hah. Don't say that in such a happy voice.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...it's a bad habit of mine, I apologize. We should put her into a single cell, so she can't brainwash others...​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] She can share a cell with her comrades.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] You have a strange sense of humor.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hehehe...​

jap_guard.jpg
[Helpless Guard] Ahhhhhh! Minister Tougou! Please save me!​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] You... you must be Tougou, minister of the Japanese Navy.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Mm... You must be Rinfa then?​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] Yes, that is me. Tougou-san, would you please listen to my story?​

Rinfa smiled and opened her book of inanities cheerfully.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] ...it would be nice if you became our companion, so we could both fight side by side.​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] Me... in the Japanese Navy?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Mhm. I want to give you the chance to prove yourself.​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] ...I see. You want me to bring sharism to the whole of Japan... I'll try my best.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha. That is the only thing about you that worries me a little.​

rinfa.jpg
[Rinfa] ?​

Yeah... The only thing that worries you when you recruit a brainwashed enemy admiral is her cute little habit to convert others to the inane ways... KK!

dai_103.jpg

enemys_phase.jpg

dai_104.jpg

I wonder what our fashionable friends are up to...?

dai_105.jpg

OH NO! NOT THE POTATOES!

dai_106.jpg

A fleet consisting of 47 ships was moving towards the warp gate connected to the Berlin Star System. Their mission was to intercept the 3rd Reich's fleet that had begun it's invasion. Retia Adolf herself had declared the invasion of the Potatoland Sector earlier that morning.​

Although according to her it was not an invasion, but a reclamation of occupied Dokutsu territory. The agreement of Versailles demanded that Dokutsu had to surrender territory. The people of Jaian were given 25% of this territory to form an independent state.​

Potatoland is a reminder of that bitter defeat to the people of Dokutsu, and it also makes them despise the Empire of Aeris... Because of that, Potatoland had a high symbolic value to the people of Dokutsu.​

Onboard a Potato warship――

dai_107.jpg

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] What is the matter, admiral?​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Their attack on us must be a joke. With their broken post-war economy, I am amazed that they managed to assemble a fleet to begin with. We don't know their numbers or level of technology. But they are led by a young girl, a genius they say...​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Their declaration of war came as a complete surprise... Retia Jarlfrank Adolf... Are you a genius or just insane?​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] Admiral, the hostile fleet appeared on our radar.​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] What on earth... Is that all of them?​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] 2 fleets, 26 ships...​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] This must be a joke. Are you sure this is correct?​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] Without a doubt, sir... 2 fleets, 26 ships.​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Ahahahaha! Retia Adolf, I guess you are just insane after all! All ships, full speed ahead! Lets finish this battle quickly!​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] Affirmative. All warships, full speed ahead! I repeat...​

Certain of their victory, the Potatoland fleet made it's way towards the invaders.​

dai_108.jpg

dai_109.jpg

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Let them come then. If they are that eager to die...​

[???] Boo!​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] ...​

Manstein glared at the communicators screen that surprised him with an unexpected call.​

dai_110.jpg

rommel_video.jpg
[Rommel] Isn't it just like our leader predicted, Manstein?​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Rommel, you have a strange sense of humor. But this only proves once more how brilliant our leader is.​

rommel_video.jpg
[Rommel] My beautiful Retia Adolf. I fall in love with you over and over again...​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Rommel! Pay our leader a bit more respect!​

rommel_video.jpg
[Rommel] Whoops! Excuse me. I didn't mean it in a bad way. You should try being a bit less serious. Is absolute loyalty to our leader really that important to you?​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] ... Yes, to me it is... We both swore the same oath of loyalty and I plan to keep it.​

rommel_video.jpg
[Rommel] Danke, Manstein. It means a lot to me that we are loyal to each other.​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] ...​

Manstein wasn't sure if this was one of Rommel's jokes, so he remained silent. This was an unusual situation for him. If one had made such rude remarks in the time of the First Space War, they surely would have been beaten. "Iron", that is the meaning of Mansteins first name. Some say that Mansteins heart and will were made from the same material.​

He was one of the veterans of the first space war and earned countless medals for his exceptional bravery in battle. Many new recruits had joined the ranks of the 3rd Reich's army after it was reorganized by Retia Adolf.​

Young Admiral El Rommel was one of these new recruits that joined the army. The way he talked and the way he had been wearing his uniform, buttons open, had greatly annoyed Manstein. When Rommel first joined the army, Manstein kept complaining to Retia Adolf that he wasnt suitable for the military.​

『What is important is a soldiers dedication and ability. Everything else is secondary.』​

Hearing his leader say these words, he decided to give Rommel a chance. And Rommel did demonstrate ability and dedication, enough to make up for his lack of discipline.​

One day Manstein asked him: 『Rommel, why do you wear your shirt open?』​

『So that our leader will fall in love with me. I want to impress her,
 thats why I dress this way.』​

Manstein was ashamed of how immature Rommel behaved most of the time. After that, Rommel earned medal after medal. With Manstein backing him up, he rose exceptionally fast in rank and became an admiral at the beginning of this year.​

These two admirals, who couldn't be more different in age, appearance and character, were an inseparable team. Everything started with Adolf. If it hadn't been for her, they would have never met... United in their goal, to fight for a golden future for the 3rd Reich, they would give it their all. As a team.​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Adjutant] The hostile fleet will be in range soon, sir.​

rommel_video.jpg
[Rommel] My fleet is prepared to strike, waiting for your signal. Manstein, please be careful out there. Sieg Heil.​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Yeah... Sieg Heil, Rommel. All warships, prepare for battle. Target the hostile fleet using the Panzer III cannon.​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Adjutant] Affirmative. Panzer III has a lock on the target.​

dai_111.jpg

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Fufufu, they must have recognized our superiority. Do they surrender?​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] We're picking up energy spikes. The enemy is... they are preparing to fire at us!​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Fire at us? I'm afraid that's impossible... They are out of range.​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] The energy levels are still rising! This can't be! I've never seen this much output...​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Panzer III... FIRE!​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Adjutant] Main cannon, open fire!​

KABLAM!

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Wha- what was that noise?​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] We are under fire! Multiple warships report heavy damage!​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] They have weapons with such range... This is...​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] Our radar picked up another fleet! It's moving at twice the maximum speed of our ships!​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] Prepare to intercept!​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] We can't! Our warships turn too slow to allow such a maneuver.​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] A-argh…then change the formation! Spread out!​

potato.jpg
[Adjutant] Admiral! They are firing at us again!​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] What?​

KABLAM!

dai_112.jpg

No longer was the Admiral of the Potatoland fleet sure of victory, instead he became afraid of defeat.​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Adjutant] Admiral Rommel! The hostile fleet is scattering.​

dai_113.jpg

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] After all they are challenging Retia Adolf's war machinery.​

With a broad smile Rommel leaned back in his seat.​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] Ignore the warships in the back. Focus on those closing in on Manstein's fleet. They can't keep up with our quick strikes, no need to panic. If we keep changing targets, they can't predict our next move. Enjoy the hunt, hit and run to your heart's content.​

KABOOM…

KABLAAAAM!

dai_114.jpg

The Admiral of the Potatoland fleet bit his lips as things got worse.​

potato.jpg
[Fleet Admiral] What a nightmare... the 3rd Reich has a terrifying army. Or... ...maybe just a terrifying leader. Their so-called genius... Retia Adolf...

dai_115.jpg

And so the invasion of the Potatoland sector began with the annihilation of the fleet which was sent to stop the intrusion. Not much later, the main fleet of Potatoland was mobilized to make it's final stand.​

After 3 days of battle, the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu emerged victorious, having crushed all resistance without losing a single ship.​

Every nation expected the defeat of the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu in this battle, yet they were all proven wrong. However, Dokutsu was not given any credit. Everyone blamed Potatoland's poor performance and potatoes genetic inferiority.​

dai_116.jpg

Splish…Splosh...​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Soldier] Please watch your step, my glorious leader.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] I will, thanks. Soooo... waaaaah!​

Retia Adolf seems to slip and just when she is about to lose balance, someone catches her. .​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] ..what did he just tell you, my leader?​

Adolf mumbled something to Grecia Goebbels, making sure her troops couldn't hear it.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] ...it's because I haven't walked much in my new boots yet...​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Wait, didn't you tell me that it would be fine to wear them, because you are used to walking in boots?...​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Back then I didn't know that I would be walking in Potato shit...​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Well, next time you come to Potatoland you know what to do...​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Right...​

The soldiers were lined up on both sides of the road waiting for them to arrive.​

doku_gloomy.jpg
[Soldier] Sieg Heil! Heil Adolf!​

dai_117.jpg

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Let's go, mein Führer.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Alright...​

At the end of the line the two admirals responsible for the swift campaign victory were standing at attention.​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] We have been awaiting your arrival, mein Führer.​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Greetings. Operation Potatoland was a complete success.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Haha, I have had the pleasure of reading the battle report.​

Retia Adolf began to applaude Manstein to pay tribute to his performance.​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] ...mein Führer?​

retia.jpg
[Retia] You did wonderful! Indeed wonderful, Manstein! You followed all of my instructions and understood my strategy. You are good-looking, disciplined, and intelligent. But most of all a person one can rely on!​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Mein Führer... T-that... It's all thanks to your brilliant
strategy, my leader!​

Rommel appears behind the blushing Manstein, and bows politely in front of Adolf.​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] Heil Adolf.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Ah, it's admiral Rommel...​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] My leader, were you pleased with my performance as well?​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Instead of following our plan, you acted on your own behalf and
employed your own strategy. I don't like when my admirals do not follow orders, but we were still able to win as planned, right?​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] I'm the kind of guy who doesn't just want to win battles, but also hearts. If it displeases you, I can review my way of handling battles.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] I won't complain. We were able to win and in addition we also learned new things about our high-speed ships. However, I would never play chess with you, you make unexpected moves. Losing to you in a game of minds would make me feel terrible.​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] That's a pity... I would have loved to play games with you.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] In the end both of you did a magnificent job out there. Thanks. Please prepare your troops, there will be new orders for both of you
later today.​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] It's time to take a picture of this significant moment.​

rommel.jpg
[Rommel] Cheese♪​

manstein.jpg
[Manstein] Hmpf...!​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] This picture will look great next to the other 20 pictures I secretly took for your idol photo collection♪​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Goebbels! What photo collection? Goebbels, I am asking you! What kind of photo collection... Answer me!​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Uhh... I think we have to go. We have an important appointment
later today, my leader.​

Grecia Goebbels pushed her leader into the car that was standing ready for them, and got in on the other side herself.​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Goodbye you two! Relax a bit to recover from the hard work you did today.​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels]Phew...​

In the armored car Goebbels took a deep breath. Next to her Retia Adolf was kicking her legs while shouting curse words.​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Oh, I almost forgot about you.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Why did you push me into the car? You will pay for this, you fool!​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] I apologize, I did it out of reflex. But we really do have an appointment, don't we? We have a promotion tour for our Potatoland campaign to attend.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] The promotion tour... Right...​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Fufufu♪ And this time I prepared a more practical set of clothes for you!​

Goebbels pulled out a glamorous dress from underneath her seat.​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Wooooooooooooooooow! It's beautiful!​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] I am sure it will suit you, Retia. You will look stunning in it. I wasnt really sure about this dress, but now that I see you holding it I am completely convinced!​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Huhu... 『And here she is: the next Miss Universe!』 But why exactly do I have to wear this dress?​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] It is very important to make our men idolize you as their leader. Don't you agree, Retia?​

retia.jpg
[Retia] That... That is true...​

In the entire 3rd Reich, only Goebbels calls Retia Adolf by her first name. Grecia was the one who advertised Retia, turning her into a popular idol and leader. They'd known each other for three years already,
and had met one year before Adolf got elected as the nations idol. Goebbels worked at the counter of a store which sold dresses. One day, after work she saw a shy girl in front of it. That girl's name was Retia Adolf. She was wearing a plain dress and thick, round glasses. She stood at a street corner out in the cold, holding a sketchbook with both of her hands.​

"Restore Dokutsu! Restore our pride! Vote for Retia Adolf!"​

At that time, Retia was a candidate running for idol election. Goebbels stopped and listened to Retia, and was immediately captivated by her speech. Goebbels kept staring at Retia for 10 minutes. One man in the crowd got up and told her 『Well, good luck with that dream of yours.』​

Hearing that, Goebbels had to speak up. 『Are you all out of your mind?  Did you even listen to her speech? This girl here is a true genius.』​

Many might have said that Retias ideals were foolish, that they were impossible to realize, but Goebbels believed in her. However, most people didn't even listen to her brilliant speech because Retia looked very plain. But Goebbels saw the potential of the plain girl. Working at a store that specialized in dresses, she had an eye for this.​

『This girl is a genius, and she is... she is... extremely beautiful!』 Goebbels knew she was more than she seemed. 『If I wash her disorderly hair with shampoo, it will shine like an angel's halo.』 『Her fair skin and her great body will look absolutely amazing in the right dress.』 『Her sweet voice which is only whispering now must sound so wonderful when singing.』​

Fate must have brought them together. Goebbels missed a date with her boyfriend because of all this, and the two broke up the next day. So she went to visit the place where she listened to Retia, once more. 『Retia, I will help you become popular. You fight for a noble goal and I will  help you achieve it.』​

And so Goebbels transformed Retia Adolf into a new, popular version of herself. Make-up, beautiful dresses, song and dance lessons. At the next idol election, everyone listened to Retia, and she took the hearts of the people by storm... Goebbels was immediately installed as her advisor and propaganda minister and was always at her side... Grecia Goebbels made sure that the leader of the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu would always remain everyones idol.​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] I don't know if you heard it yet, but "moe" is all the rage these days! And the person who controls the "moe" controls the universe!​

retia.jpg
[Retia] That logic fails, because right now no one is in control of the universe...​

goebbels.jpg
[Goebbels] Thats because you will be the first one to do so, Retia. I finished preparing a new song for the upcoming concert. Its catchy, isn't it?​

retia.jpg
[Retia] Ha ha ha ha, it really is!​

Retia Adolf's "Liberation of Potatoland" concert is a complete success... The crowd celebrated their idol all night.​

dai_118.jpg

And thus fell the proud nation of Potato. And I didn't speak out because I wasn't a potato.

dai_119.jpg

dai_120.jpg

dai_121.jpg

...the planet London, in the London sector. With colonies in all corners of the universe, the old Empire of Aeris ruled half of all known space, with both arrogance and pride. Fielding a formidable military and bolstering its strong economy with colonial imports, the Empire of Aeris was the dominant power.​

Aeris held strong diplomatic ties with other nations, to guarantee good trade conditions and safety for their colonies. Thanks to their diplomatic efforts, the universe had been a peaceful place.​

However, 22 years after the First Space War that peace was about to end... By what seems like a miracle, the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu had conquered Potatoland.​

Inside London Palace――

A girl walks over a red carpet. Her beautiful golden hair moved with every
step she made, shimmering in the dim light. Her step was graceful, she was obviously a noble and dignified person. Indeed, she was the Queen of Aeris.​

[Royal Knights] 『Glory to her majesty!』​

Three Knight Admirals were approaching her, to talk about the future of the empire.​

dai_122.jpg

dai_123.jpg

dai_124.jpg

dai_125.jpg

They are the three Knight Admirals, Sarah's most trusted subordinates.​

[Royal Knights] 『We swear allegiance to the crown!』​

With these words, her Knight Admirals raised their swords in front of her.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] 「Yes...」​

That voice actress... Ah.. I totally forgive the walls of text your produce, and the faggot squad that surrounds you!

Sarah nodded her head, not losing her grace and sat down on the throne.​

Less than a year ago, she ascended the throne after the previous Queen, her mother. The Empire of Aeris accepted her as the new Queen because she was of royal blood. But that wasn't the only reason why she won the trust of the common people.​

Sarah voluntarily led a fleet to suppress a revolt in one of the colonies, which earned her a lot of respect. Some people were worried about the risk and were afraid of putting her life in danger, but her presence inspired the troops. The soldiers sang hymns of praise for their
Queen.​

May God protect our brave Queen.
  Long live her noble majesty.
  May God protect our brave Queen.
  Victory and justice to her bring.
  Because our Queen is just within.
  May God protect our brave Queen.​

...the song ended.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] Lawrence, please report...​

dai_126.jpg

Sarah politely waited for him to speak. She couldn't deny that she'd felt very uneasy ever since she heard that Dokutsu invaded Potatoland.​

lawrence.jpg
[John Lawrence] According to our intel, the 3rd Reich fleet annihilated the entire fleet of Potatoland. In only 3 days of battle, Dokutsu managed to crush all resistance.​

dai_127.jpg

dai_128.jpg

Lawrence's report makes the others speechless. For them it was a frightening thought that a total conquest was possible in only three days, even if Potatoes used outdated warships.​

Were they taken by surprise? Or was the strength of the hostile fleet
the surprising element here? The Knight Admirals calmly tried to figure out how this could have happened.​

lawrence.jpg
[John Lawrence] The entire Jaian star system has surrendered itself to Dokutsu. Potatoland is now under occupation by the 3rd Reich.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] ...is that the case?​

Sarah felt a slight pain in her chest when she thought of those who died. She also felt anger. Anger because Dokutsu was destroying the peace they had worked so hard to achieve.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] ...a foolish act. So...very foolish... Is the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu so eager to repeat the tragedy of the First Space War?​

nelson.jpg
[Victory Nelson] My majesty... it is our duty to punish those barbarians. Let us end their evil now, in the name of justice.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] ...Yes. We shouldn't have let them rebuild after the war...​

Sarah mutters this to herself, very anxious. But then, she speaks in a dignified voice―​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] My royal knights... as the Queen of our empire, Sarah Britten, I hereby announce the following: The Empire of Aeris is declaring war on the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu! Those warmongers shall be punished by the hammer of justice!​

nelson.jpg
[Victory Nelson] As you wish. You can count on your knights, royal highness...​

montgomery.jpg
[Claude Montgomery] I pledge my sword to you.​

lawrence.jpg
[John Lawrence] We shall not fail you.​

The three vowed this to their Queen.​

sarah.jpg
[Sarah Britten] I trust you, my valiant knights. ...our fleets shall be sent to the kingdom of O'France. O'France is the next likely target of the 3rd Reich.​

lawrence.jpg
[John Lawrence] As you wish. Leave it to us.​

Thus, the Empire of Aeris and the 3rd Reich of Dokutsu were now at war.​

dai_129.jpg

The bridge of Tougou's flagship Nagato――

dai_130.jpg

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Ouch... Ouuuch...​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hitomi-chan, give him an enema for his constipation.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] My stomach hurts.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] But if you'd let Hitomi-chan give you the medicine...​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] It's your fault.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Don't be like that. Loosen up a little bit...​

With a face displaying a great deal of butthurt, Akiyama shoves a photo to Tougou.​

dai_090.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Oh. That one. Impressive.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] There is nothing to admire there.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] They did threaten to do so... But this has really been spread all over the place? Gotta admire their tenacity.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] There is nothing to brag, stop being so proud of it.​

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] What is the best kind of porn...?​

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] BUKKAKE!​

Tanaka got a nosebleed just by seeing the photo.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] What has got the childen so worked up?​

raizo.jpg
[Raizo] Choo! Wicked!​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Wait a moment, let me take notes. So what kind of photos should I take? And where?​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] I wanted to tell you, your losing the respect of the men under your command, just look at Admiral Tanaka...​

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Hmmm... let me see?​

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Ooo! Hahaha! And completely exposed! You're really kinky, sir!​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahaha. They got me.​

keiko.jpg
[Keiko] Mhahaha! You're even looking straight at the camera. Ghaha, I can't take it.​

matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] I did a quick search on the net: "Image of Togo riding a mysterious Chuu Empire Chick bareback" - I got 1947 hits.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] I'm quite popular.​

matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] They've already made fan sites for the mystery chick, there are more than 500 Japanese ones. Isn't she incredibly popular?​

matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] Countless of "self-service"* photoshops... There are even dedicated BBS's for it.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] "Self-service"?​

matsuri.jpg
[Matsuri] You wank over it. That's why you should never post photos of yourself with your mouth open on the Internet...​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Hahahah. How creative...​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] ...do as you like...​

dai_131.jpg

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Huff...​

dai_090.jpg

Photos of Tougou had been fixed on the walls of the hallways and cafeteria.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Damn it.​

Akiyama removed all the photos he found, grumbling to himself for as he had who knows how many times before.​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Just leave them be.​

akiyama.jpg
[Akiyama] Why would I――​

misaki.jpg
[Misaki]Togou-san!​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou]Oh, Misaki.​

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] Hey again... Did you...​

Misaki's showed a photo with a shy troubled face.​

dai_090.jpg

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Oh. I forgot to tell you.​

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] They have flooded the city as well as the net. Doesn't the way they are being distributed feel somehow intentional?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Ooh, exactly. Misaki is sharp.​

Tougou strokes her head smiling.​

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] Oh... mmm... So what are you planning to do about it?​

tougou.jpg
[Tougou] Well... I don't know. But I wonder what happens to the girl...​

misaki.jpg
[Misaki] ?​

fade_to_black.jpg

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Fufufufu...​

The shadowy figure of Hanitora, who had followed Tougou, was seen scheming on the streets of a Japanese city.​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] If you'd done as we wanted, we'd kept silent... The poor navy minister probably broke down and has locked himself to his bedroom, crying!​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Then... The next step is... Who should I get close to... Tougou's aide Akiyama, Tanaka or Ugaki or...​

dai_132.jpg

[Hanitora Fan A] Aaaaah!​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Eh!​

[Hanitora Fan A] The mysterious Empire chick!​

Nerdy looking guy pointed at Hanitora and shouted.​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Eeeeh?​

dai_133.jpg

[Hanitora Fan B] Oooh! The real deal! It's her! I've jerked off soooo many times to her!​

Another geeky youth arrived, throwing himself at the feet of Hanitora.​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] What are you---!​

[Hanitora Fan A] Your picture, it is all over Japan.​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Hee?​

[Hanitora Fan B] Here, look at this.​

dai_090.jpg

On the wall at which the youth pointed at were countless of similar photos lined up.​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] ... Kyaa! Kyaa! What is this?​

Hanitora's efforts evading Japanese intelligence agencies were pointless, seeing that her photo was not only all over the Internet, but towns as well.​

[Hanitora Fan B] I've launched a fan site for you!​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Ewww... why would you do such...!​

[Hanitora Fan A] Please let me lick your feet!​

[Hanitora Fan B] Pretty please!​

hanitora.jpg
[Hanitora] Eeeek! All Japanese are loli hentais! [Translator notice: pedomus pervertomus]​

In this town alone, more than 10,000 photos had been posted. The number of downloads on the net was immeasurable. That uncensored photo... It had been many youngster's treasure in the night.​

Hanitora had become one of the most famous women in Japan. In fact, she'd become too famous to work in Japan.​

And thus ends turn 3.

*) Totally inaccurate, I just couldn't be arsed to invent a new term for this shit.

Last edited:

Erebus

Arcane
Potatoland ? Really ?

Anyway, now that the Potatoes are done, I guess we O'French are going to get our ass kicked in the near future. I kinda hope the game has De Gaulle as a blonde bishounen or something like that, but that may be asking for too much.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Potatoland ? Really ?

Anyway, now that the Potatoes are done, I guess we O'French are going to get our ass kicked in the near future. I kinda hope the game has De Gaulle as a blonde bishounen or something like that, but that may be asking for too much.

Napoleon most likely.

RK47

Patron
....this scary as fuck. *Awaits a great weaboo avatar to adapt*
Words worth and Daiteikoku...so much moe-jastic~~

felicity

Scholar
My grief with the game:

This game had been in development hell and it shows. The pacing is really bad - the early game is quite intense but by mid-game, around the time barrier ship can be produced, the difficulty drops significantly at which point it is just a matter of moving your fleet of carriers across the galaxy(BTW the space nazi becomes irrelevant in less than 30 turns). What really kills the strategic sense is that the invasion attempts from the AI are so pathetic you never feel the pressure of losing territory. Losing a defensive battle doesn't immediately lose you the planet instead it lowers security and only when security reaches zero that the planet will be lost (basically a HP mechanic for planets). Security can be easily recovered by placing a security officer and after a few turns, by the time enemy attacks again, your planet security has returned to full. Damaged ships having full fighting capacity doesn't help either.

One thing deserves credit though, enemies fleets are hand placed and scale with the number of planets you own, so it's not just a simple bonus to AI to make it harder. A rush game may actually require strategy but the game seem to encourage dragging out because of contents you will miss by rushing.

A great concept but unfortunately Alicesoft was unable give their best.

Mrowak

Arcane
Is it strange that just reading this LP made me replay Sengoku Rance and re-watch Seikai no Senki? o_O

RK47

Patron
Who's his wife? Seriously. I want to know. Did she die after giving birth?

Mrowak

Arcane
Is it strange that just reading this LP made me replay Sengoku Rance and re-watch Seikai no Senki? o_O
It should've made you finish your Kenshin route LP
:rpgcodex:

Actually I was intending to do so some time ago but it turned out my wordpress account had been bombed (terms of use violation) and with 100% of my work gone I kind of felt little urge to continue. I shall carry on, however, once DU makes the Codex's gallery feature usable (on Thursday :troll:).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom