Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Dark Heresy - Jaedar's Transcript

Holy Cow

001title.gif

SCENARIO NAME - COLOUR OUT OF SPACE

A gentle stroll through a haunted settlement in the lovely planet of Iocanthos, now featuring tasteful mechadendrite rape! (well, sort of)

MAP OF GHOSTSPRINGS:

fblua8.png

PLAYER HANDOUTS:

Map of the Place, Info about the Place, Info about peoples of importance in the Place.

THE CHARACTER ROSTER:

Hastus-1.png

Cassiel Hastus, Arbitrator by profession and team leader - he IS the LAW - played by (the first of) our very own Brazilian(s), Desocupado.

Gorn-1.png

Malachai Gorn, a badass Volg-born Scum (yes, scum is a class) who never forgets to remind us how badass or Volg-born he is, played by our universal fetishist, Major Blackhart.

Hiram-1.png

Hiram C84, one insanely crazy Techpriest, shrouded in as much mystery as a Techpriest can be shrouded in, played by our most Marxist of Kwans, JagreenLern.

Ramirez-1.png

Ramirez Tertiscriptor, a solitary Adept with a name so badass that we get testosterone poisoning* just by reading it, interpreted by our blandest named codexer, Alex. He also doesn't speak much.

Coxswain-1.png

Mr. Coxswain, Assassin and Pirate, Officer and Gentleman, an impetuous character one can't help but admire for his monoclean characteristics, played by the eye-cancer-inducing Calecute.

Jezail-1.png

Jezail Byron, fanatical Cleric, and the only counterbalance to the intense sausage-fest described above. Her only motto is RIP AND TEAR, with some mumbles and the word EMPRAH used several times, played by Reject.

*Resident trannies should look away

first and second write-up are up and about, next session will be satordeh at 17 GMT. feel free to join us as observers in irc.gamesurge.net #darkheresy

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Nice.

I know jack shit about the 40k universe, but RPG session transcripts are always fun to read.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Sounds good, I like that character concept a lot more than the one I'm playing in Roxor's game. When Shanks kicks the bucket, which should be soon considering our present situation, I'll import Strang Mk. II instead. :M

Reject_666_6

Arcane
001title.gif

In the grim darkness of the 41st Millenium, there is only LARP.

As some of you may know, Dark Heresy is a tabletop role-playing game that takes place in the most ultimate setting of settings, Warhammer 40k. Six codexites will be playing a group of acolytes serving under the Inquisition itself. Their mission, to track down and purge... drug dealers. Well, you've got to start somewhere. Our GM is root, whom you may know from such timeless classics as "Codex: Exhuberant Angels", "To Tame a Hax" and his ongoing fanfic, "Let the Galaxy Churn". Now with those introductions well out of the way forever, let's see what happened in our very first session:

Iocanthus.gif

It was a cold night on the planet Iocanthos, cold as any night really, but it was this night that our intrepid acolytes were to begin their mission to eradicate the Dark Gods, follower by follower. All of them were experienced, some inn their own fields, others in working for the Inquisition for longer, and a select few from being born on Volg and being badass. Chance had placed them all aboard the spaceship Emperor's Fureh (sic), each with their own destination and goals, many of those goals involving the Emperor in one way or another. This vessel was ploughing through the Warp, nearing the planet Iocanthus, when suddenly our scenario began.

The ship unexpectedly ceased Warp travel, and our adventurers promptly pissed their pants as they heard the captain's announcement, that they had to be evacuated to the planet's surface via Gun Cutter (which is like a shuttle but sharper and armed). The pilot introduced himself:

Atellus-1.png
: Glad you could make it, acolytes. I have special orders to hand you these sealed envelopes and fly you down there. Any questions?
Gorn-1.png
: *grumbles* I worship the skull!
Hastus-1.png
: Yes. Why can't I open the letter? This is retarded! How the hell can a piece of paper be sealed like this? Also, who sent you?
Atellus-1.png
: I don't know.
Coxswain-1.png
: [Charm] Oh, but you must have recognised a stray rank or name.
Atellus-1.png
: [Failure] Sorry, nobody told me nothin' else.
Jezail-1.png
: [Intimidate] But the EMPRAH doubts that!!
Atellus-1.png
: [Failure] *laughs* When you meet the boss, you'll see. Till then, strap yourselves in, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride in space. An' let's just say, you're all headin' for Port Suffering. *cackle*

That's actually the name of the settlement, by the way, the pilot is not smart enough for witticisms. After landing, the party is picked up by a gruffy fellow named Haakon in his truck, and taken through the city to an inconspicuous building. Such a good player, Haakon would have made... Inside, they're lead to a Secret Bookcase(tm), behind which they found a middle-aged man, but instead of being their father, he was a well-dessed, imposing figure, surrounded by servitors and a SPESS MAHRINE wearing black (hint: he's supposed to be Ezekiel from canon). And he spoke:

Marr-1.png
: I... (long pause) am Inquisitor Silas Marr. And it seems you are mine. Formalities aside, you are to impersonate another group of acolytes and bust a Ghostfire pollen smuggling ring. 'Your' Inquisitor will be none other than Zael Misch, and you and I? We never met.
Hiram-1.png
: [Intelligence] So we are fighting the good fight using Zael Misch's voice?
Marr-1.png
: Quite.
Jezail-1.png
: Ghostfire? Wots dat?
Marr-1.png
: An indigenous plant of Iocanthos. However, your true mission as acolytes under my command is entirely another. There have been developments of late at Ghostprings, and they concern me. You are to be my eyes and ears there; you will mingle with the local populace, with the Mechanicus and the scholars, all under the guise of servants of Zael Misch. You are under no circumstance to reveal your true allegiance if you value your lives.
Gorn-1.png
: *mumbles* Is there any value in the life of a Volg-born?
Marr-1.png
: You have one week, now get to work! Also, take these kustom comm-beads... HA! They are explosive! You should now be less inclined to double-cross me. Off with you!
Gorn-1.png
: Son of a skull!

The group is then driven to an abandoned warehouse, where they are greeted with the sight of a monstrous machine. Everybody started rolling Common Lore (War).

Gorn-1.png
: What the hell is that thing?
Hastus-1.png
: [70 Failure by 2 degrees!] It's some kind of battlebarge!
Jezail-1.png
: [97 Failure by 5 degrees!] No, it's some kind of Tyranid infestation!

A new guy steps into sight, a techpriest-looking fellow. He's wearing red robes like all proper servants of the Mechanicus, and walks over to our party.

Gasket-1.png
: No, you morans! It's a bloody Chimera transport.
Hiram-1.png
: Blessed are the works of the Omnissiah!
Gorn-1.png
: Piss in the wind!
Gasket-1.png
: I'd rather not, thank you.

This man, who is also wearing the face of Gasket from JA2, introduces himself... as Gasket the techpriest. Apart from two mechadendrites coming out of his back and some strange occular implant, he looks remarkably human for an Adeptus Mechanicus. Note that he doesn't know about Silas Marr, to him we're just acolytes of Misch.

Gasket-1.png
: Welcome to my little shop of horrors. So you're the Inquisition's errand boys, eh?
Hiram-1.png
: Hail, brother--MAIM KILL BU-- Sorry about that. Vox malfunction.
Gasket-1.png
: *Raises eyebrow* Indeed, glory to the Omnissiah and all that. I'm the mechanic for this bleedin' thing. Me an' the boys go back an' forth from here to Ghostsprings and deliver cargo fer the big boys. I guess you lot are my cargo for today, eh? Hope you last longer than the last batch.
Hiram-1.png
: What are you -CHHHHHHHHH-- talking about?
Gasket-1.png
: Yer not the first group of acolytes ol' Misch sent through here. Nobody knows what happened to 'em, though. Up an' vanished.
Hastus-1.png
: What's the situation here with the Ghostfire pollen?
Gasket-1.png
: Bunch o' peasants slavin' away at the harvest, led by some Imperial fellow named... Vai... Vay.. or somethin' like that. Peasants found some ruins a couple months ago. Nobody knows of what, but the higher-ups are all gettin' worked up over it.
Hastus-1.png
: Have there been other unusual happenings in the town recently?
Gasket-1.png
: Apart from the usual superstition, there's been somethin' strange with the new well the townsfolk dug. One of em fell inside, and out of it came a strange foul gas. Others say they saw coloured lights, like spectres or whatnot in the night.
Hastus-1.png
: [Intelligence] What colour were the lights?
Gasket-1.png
: Green. Greenish, that's what they said. An eerie greenish glow...reflected from silver, that's what they saw.

GREEN LIGHTS ON SILVER. WHAT COULD THAT MEAN? Then, the pilot form the Gun Cutter shows up.

Atellus-1.png
: Good to see you're all in one piece, *nudge nudge wink wink* if you know what I mean! I am Atellus.
Hastus-1.png
: So you have a name now?
Gasket-1.png
: Ah, the nine-fingered bastard shows himself at last.
Atellus-1.png
: Hurr, good to see you too you old dog.

WARNING! UNALTERED DIALOGUE AHEAD!

Gasket-1.png
: Damn peasants... Them bastards breed like rabbits.
Gorn-1.png
: What's a rabbit? Is it a type of woman?
Atellus-1.png
: Better'n a woman, some'd say.
Hiram-1.png
: A species of Terran fauna.
Jezail-1.png
: Rabbits cannot wield chainswords into battle.
Hiram-1.png
: Indeed. Humanity is truly blessed by the Divine Machine.

The party concludes that Atellus is in on the whole impersonation gig and everybody gets in the Chimera, with Haakon as the driver, Atellus and Gasket along for the ride. The journey is rough and loud, so nobody can properly rest inside the vehicle. Everybody gets 1 Fatigue damage, except the two intelligent people who spend a Fate point to get rid of the fatigue, Jezail and Coxswain.

WHEN SUDDENLY

The Auspex Scanner of the Chimera detects some life-signs a fair distance away in our path. One of them is holding something "big".

Hastus-1.png
: We should formulate a plan. I suggest we all continue on foot an--
Coxswain-1.png
: I'll scout!
Gorn-1.png
: Yes!
Jezail-1.png
: Yes!
Hiram-1.png
: A blessed plan!
Ramirez-1.png
: *nods*
Coxswain-1.png
: OH YEAH, I'm off.

Hastus-1.png
: sigh...

[Adventures of Coxswain]
Coxswain-1.png

So the brave Coxswain sets off into the night to scout this threat with nothing but his gun, his wits and a wheelbarrow for carrying his massive balls. In order to get close, he has to pass a Concealment and a Silent Move roll. Concealment (needs to get 53 or below): 20 Success by 3 degrees! Silent Move (needs 73 or below): 100 CRITICAL FAILURE!

OH SHI-

Coxswain skillfully creeps along the surface like a boss, a ninja boss, but inconveniently places a foot over a dodgy patch of shale and starts a fucking avalanche! Holy shit! But the ambushers have the perception of a drunken mole, so nobody notices.

Concealment: 90 Failure by 3 degrees!

In the black of the night, Coxswain sees a flash on the horizon coming his way... And dodges like a pro.
Coxswain-1.png
: *Talking fire, need assistance!*
Gorn-1.png
: Lets fucking help him dammit!
However, the ever-insightful Haakon replied: Eh, frak off. I'm not risking the Chimera for one sod that's high on frenzon.
Gorn-1.png
: Be careful what you do here, Haakon. Dont lose your ability to be useful!
Coxswain-1.png
: *Wait! I think I got this!*

Concealment: 10 Success by 6 degrees!
Silent Move: 13 Success by 4 degrees!

He manages to sneak up to the group of people waiting to ambush our Chimera.

Coxswain-1.png
: There's six of 'em. They seem to be wearing flak armour, and a shoulder-mounted... [Fails Awareness] A shoulder-mounted very big gun!
Hastus-1.png
: *Don't engage, I repeat, don't engage! Wait for the rest of us!*
Coxswain-1.png
: Sorry sir [Passes Badass check], but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

And so, Coxswain takes the shot. He aimed at the guy with the big gun, but did he hit?
Hastus-1.png
: Everybody, let's get in the transport and go help him. That's an order!

To hit: 34 Success by 2 degrees!
Damage: 20=17+3

The blow batters the target, shattering ribs. The target takes 1d5 levels of Fatigue and is stunned for 1 round. As his body is thrown back from the force of the impact, the hostiles (?) scatter and start retreating... on foot.

Coxswain-1.png
: Looks like they had nobody to fall back on.
:yeah:

The rest of the group catches up with Mr. Cox, and choose not to pursue the deserting enemies.

Jezail-1.png
: You know, that guy Coxswain shot is only at -4 wounds and stunned, so maybe we could interrogate him.
Hiram-1.png
: I'll stimm him then.

The guy wakes up from his sleep and takes a swipe at Hiram, but he pulls an Omnissianic dodge and doesn't get hit. The others pounce on him and subdue the bastard, and the interrogation began.

Guy-1.png
: SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
Gorn-1.png
: I worship the skull!
Guy-1.png
: Not that skull RARGH!
Gorn-1.png
: Blasphemy RAWWWR!
Guy-1.png
: YOU FOOLS! YOU HIDE INSIDE YOUR METAL BOXES!!!!! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!
Gorn-1.png
: Don't have to shout. We're right here. Dick.
Jezail-1.png
: [Interrogate] Who sent you, and why do you want to kill us?
Guy-1.png
: He lies! All he is is lies! The empty man...
Hastus-1.png
: Does he have a name?
Guy-1.png
: No name! How can he have a name?! Can't...see him...you see him...but you cannot see him! He is flesh but empty, empty inside!
Jezail-1.png
: Where did you meet this man?
Guy-1.png
: At the suffering of souls... But he has none, none, you cannot see.
Hastus-1.png
: Who does he worship?
Guy-1.png
: Empty man worships nothing...he is nothing...

Jezail loses her temper at this guy's cryptic ramblings and revs her Eviscerator into his guts. And the closing statement for this session comes from Haakon:

Don't stain my chimera!

Stay tuned for part two, which is being played AS WE SPEAK

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A most interesting writeup dear sir. :salute: After seeing roots ambition I am a bit butthurt I cannot join this dh group.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
LARP FOR THE LARP GOD! CANON-RAPE FOR THE PLAYGROUND OF CODEXIA!

Do continue

:thumbsup:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
P. fucking cool.

So the brave Coxswain sets off into the night to scout this threat with nothing but his gun, his wits and a wheelbarrow for carrying his massive balls.

:lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I guess I might as well jump the bandwagon here and post sum stuff of the one and only proper DH party, gmed by yours truly :M

Character roster is:

40k_token_assassinorum_callidus_asaid_virenus.png

Shanks, Moritat death cultist and assassin extraordinaire, team leader due to higher field experience. The only survivor of the Cloister incident, which wiped out the whole previous party, after they were dumb enough to willingly face three Death Guard chaos space marines and a powerful sorcerer. Played by Azael, the oldest oldfag in the group.

40k_token_imperial_civilian_female_01.png

The scum known as Aurora, also a member of the wiped out previous team, but she was not present during that feral mission. Loved by the acolytes for being the biggest asshole in the group, taking every occasion possible to conceal and go away solo-style (which already made her go into serious trouble more than once). Played by the Pepik from a potatoland south of potatoland known as Chzr.

40k_token_admech_techpriest_01.png

Dagon, the party's chief techpriest. Unlike the previous party's techpriest, he doesn't fancy walking around with a cursed daemon axe - instead, he banishes machine daemons from failing life support systems of black ships. That's how bad-ass he is. Also, he talks in a funny way. Played by Reject, the canadian romanian, or was it romanian canadian?

40k_token_imperial_psyker_01.png

The mysterious man known only as 'The Pilgrim'. A powerful Templar Calix psyker, smiting the Emprah's enemies with a master-crafted force sword obtained during a pilgrimage. His armour is contempt and his shield is disgust, thus, he doesn't need any physical armour to protect himself, and he is more than likely to die from a single stray grenade. Shamelessly larped by Root.

40k_token_ecclesiarchy_redemptor_kyrinov.png

Mercutio, a cleric. Kills bloodletters with an autopistol, while everyone else fails to do so with heavy stubbers and force weapons. That should be all that needs to be said. Played by Jaedar.

40k_token_imperial_guard_death_korps_of_krieg.png

Wolfe, dusk-born guardsman, bearer of the big guns. His battle cry is 'where can I mount the heavy stubber?'. He doesn't have time for any bullshit, and is most often seen yelling at everyone else for attempting to split up or bickering for hours and wasting time. His hatred comes from none other than Desocupado.

Following the last scenario, titled System Shock, where the acolytes managed to spectacularly doom a black ship they were on, opening a gigantic warp rift inside it when they decided it's a grand idea to kill everyone present at a Khornate ritual, the perils of the warp managed to send them... somewhere. Where? How? When? That remains to be seen. But as they woke up on the surface of the grassy planet, they've seen a gigantic, strike cruiser sized fireball appear in the skies and crash somewhere far away. What the future has in store for our doomed acolytes should be revealed today :M

grotsnik

Arcane
Reject_666_6 said:
Atellus-1.png
: *laughs* When you meet the boss, you'll see. Till then, strap yourselves in, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride in space. An' let's just say, you're all headin' for Port Suffering. *cackle*

Were you consciously channelling Alan Partridge here?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
But before Reject can write-up anything, I shall hijack this thread again for my own means :troll:

001title.gif

Scenario title: The Gathering Storm

Unfortunately, neither Azael nor Desocupado could come, but Deso's char has been hijacked by Hoodoo, while I assumed direct control over Azael (read: he was nothing more than a combat bot because I really can't be arsed to larp with myself).

So our players find themselves in a hostile environment, or at least an environment that isn't quite welcoming. There is no civilisation in sight, and the only landmark is the fuckhueg meteor that crashed somewhere on the horizon. The path leads through a rather thick forest

The scum seems unconscious for reasons unknown despite my powergamed high int and medicae checks.

Zzzzzzzzz

Time for something tasteful :smug:

*sits down and meditates* I do not detect any lifeforms other than fauna in proximity.

Well then, guess we'll have to go through the forest and try to seek out the comet.

[awareness] Hey guys, there's a weird purple cloud in the sky, anyone know what it might be?

[common lore: Imperium fail] Nope

[forbidden lore: Warp fail] Well, I don't either. *Shrug* let's move on.

The players move into the forest and keep marching for almost a day. Then they realise they haven't eaten for quite some time now and didn't bother to pack any supplies.

Introducing hunger mechanics without letting us prepare? ROXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

[survival] I shall scrounge around for edible stuff

[survival] I will assist.

[survival success, two degrees] I found some fruit that's probably not poisonous, and a river where we could fish.

A river? Cool *first splashes Aurora, then slaps her in the face*

'Sup? Hey, where are we, I don't remember shit.

Our current whereabouts remain unknown.

Can I use [surface navigation] to determine where we are?

Yeah, no.

How about [survival]?

Gtfo.

:(

The acolytes manage to avoid the perils of hunger, but it soon gets dark and they are tired. And they can't quite just sleep in the middle of the forest, since a rather vicious rain started

I shall use my knowledge of [survival] to find us an unstable cave in which we can sleep because I'm too dumb to think of using it to build a shelter instead!

Good idea

[survival success] Guys, I found a natural cave beneath some mound, but there are no animals here, which is odd. Someone got a glow globe?

Indeed. Comiiiiiing!

[awareness] There is a bone(r) here!

[medicae] And it joins with more bones, forming a skeleton of an animal!

[survival] And the way it's covered in dirt might suggest that it was crushed to death when the ceiling slided down on it!

Cool. Let's set up camp here then.

No objections!

Can I use [survival] to determine what animal it is?

No.

Can I use...

NO

:(

Soon, the rain turned into an extreme thunderstorm. A stray lightning hit somewhere above the cave, and the ground, now moist from the excess of rain, slides down in large numbers, effectively blocking the way out of the cave.

Well shit.

[search] There doesn't seem to be any other way out of this cave.

Do not despair comrades, for I, Pilgrim, will save the day!

[focus power: Push] KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAA (actual in-game footage)

The wall of dirt is blown away and our heroes are free to march out. They keep marching for two more days, each of them being very much the same as the first one. But before they can start panicking, they come to a clearing in the forest, where trees were chopped up by human tools. Civilisation is nearby!

[survival] They've been cut down by axes.

[focus power: sense presence] I detect four people up to 70 metres to the northeast.

BBRRRTTT, ZZAAP, MALFUNCTION.

*Dagon has lost connection and will not return before the end of the adventure. Roxor assumes direct control and Dagon becomes another combat bot with like 3 lines later on.*

[conceal] I scout ahead.

[commbead] There are four people here. Woodcutters. Other than the axes, they are unarmed.

YEEEEHAAAAW *shoots shotgun into the air*

Hoodoo larps Deso pretty well. Anyway, let's meet them woodcutters.

'Sup?

40k_token_imperial_civilian_male_04.png
HAIL TRAVELLERS, welcome to the kingdom of Ascandia. What brings you here?

*tells of what has transpired so far*

Oh, we should take you to our totally safe and pleasant village. It's the only one in the region, actually.

What is its name?

Dajjaal

[forbidden lore: OOC] So we're going to a village named 'Antichrist'? This will end well.

The acolytes follow the woodcutters to the village. It's a primitive backwater shithole with no more than two dozen houses. The people are all dirty and look at the players with obvious contempt.

They arrive at the mayor's house.

40k_token_imperial_noble_02.png
Welcome, travellers! We don't get many new faces here. My name is Yuri and I'm the mayor of this fine establishment.

[psyniscience] (This man is a psyker!)

*Tells the story of how they got here* Also, where are we, just by the way?

You are in the kingdom of Ascandia on the world of Acreage. Not much of a kingdom without a king, as he died without naming an heir and everything went to shit thanks to bickering nobles. And it looks to me like you could use an evac, strangers. I can send a message to the capital of Orlakan and arrange transportation.

I am extremely suspicious of your motives, name and general grimdarkness of the universe. *On commbead* Commander Aurora, investigate his office while we distract him.

[conceal] Sure thing.

[sense presence + psyniscience] :smug:

Very well, let us [blather] him to death.

Indeed. [focus power: suggestion] Let us move outside, mayor?

[resistance: psychic powers, success] Most certainly :smug:

Actual in-game footage up ahead:

Rabble rabble Emprah rabble rabble

Rabble rabble? Rabble!

Rabble rabble purge the unclean rabble rabble

rabble rabble rabble

Rabble rabble!

[search failure] Only thing I could find was some useless documents. There's also a totally non-suspicious fireplace here, butsince it's totally non-suspicious, I won't check it out further...

... if Roxor tells me it's non-suspicious, is it actually suspicious? :philosoraptor: [end conceal]

Well, you can stay at miss Jeleen's house, she has empty beds. Hope you enjoy your stay, I'll make sure to notify you of any answers I get from the capital. BYE

On their way out, the players find a man who just identifies himself as 'The Constable' and tells them to mind their own bizniz ' cuz we dun like yer kind 'round hier'.

The players arrive at miss Jeleen's house.

40k_token_imperial_psyker_03.png
Greetings travellers! I am the town's infodump (TM)!

Pleasure to meet you.

Would you care for some delicious baby meat? Our town is extremely skilled at preparing meat!

Meat, disgusting :vegetarian:

I USE [SURVIVAL] ON THE MEAT

[success] Well, it's red meat, alright.

[noms meat] This is delicious. You have to give me the recipe

Oh, it's mostly prepared in our local slaughterhouse. *wink wink* *hint hint*

Also, did I mention already that I'm obsessed with my basement and spend most of my time there? *wink wink* *hint hint*

That's very interesting.

Indeed. So... what's our next course of actions?

Beats me.

(jesus k reist) Well, maybe you should make a tour of the town and see if adventure finds you!

Sure, why not

The players move out.

[awareness vs shadowing = success] Someone's following us. I shall [conceal] to get a better view *disappears in a side alley*

Let's keep walking as if nothing happened.

It's the constable!

We should get rid of him.

I SHALL PERFORM A SERMON IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET

[focus power: inspiring aura] I SHALL INSPIRE YOU TO DO SO

I will take a leak into the bush.

After 20 minutes of sermon, the constable is bored and leaves.

[conceal] [silent move] I follow him.

Meanwhile, the players find a barn, which is odd, because the mayor said they don't need livestock, and none could be found in the town.

[sense presence] There's one guy inside.

You know what that means.

Quite. [focus power: push] KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*is crushed by the incoming door* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

There doesn't seem to be anything more than wood and haystacks here.

No wait, there's one more door *opens it*

The inner section of the barn stores a fine assortment of hanged and gutted people.

Shit just got serious.

Let's torch this place.

... MEANWHILE...

[conceal] I follow the constable to the mayor's house and listen at the door.

40k_token_imperial_civilian_male_02.png
Well, them newcomers seem like a bunch of nutjobs.

[sense presence + psyniscience] Indeed? (gestures to the constable to shut the fuck up and follow him)

Aurora hears a loud clang and moves inside to find that nobody's present.

[search success] The totally non-suspicious fireplace has been tampered with! There's a lever behind a loose brick *pulls lever, a trapdoor opens, goes down trapdoor*

Aurora finds a door at the end of the staircase beneath the trapdoor

[awareness failure] I take a peek behind the door and it seems the coast is clear.

[chameleon] :smug:

Aurora moves in... and the door slams shuts behind her!

KIND OF YOU TO CHOOSE YOUR TOMB [focus power: firebolt, invokes two fire bolts with 10 overbleed]

Behind the mayor appears the constable and three... creatures. They are covered with nothing other than chains and seals, their eyes are bleeding and their mouths spit out gore. They also happen to sport really mean-looking axes.

40k_token_chaos_mutant_01.png
RAAAARRGGH

[dodge, success by three degrees] Your firebolts cannot touch me! *sprints towards the corridor*

But after a curve, the corridor is a dead end.

Shit shit [hide]

Clever of you to seek shelter, scum... however, I do not need eyes to see! [focus power: fire bolt, ten overbleed again]

[dodge, two degrees]

MEANWHILE....

As the barn is torched and Aurora is getting raped, a loud siren erupts in the village, and some vox caster somewhere yells 'The stars have spoken! Our masters hunger, and you shall feed them, heathens! Slaanesh will feast on your souls, Khorne on your blood, Nurgle on your flesh and Tzeentch on your minds!''

This can't quite be good.

The villagers start leaving their houses en masse, and go after the acolytes, frenzied and hungry for blood.

[common lore: war] We should fall back to the barn and entrench!

After which happens an epic, visceral and breathtaking combat of our three acolytes + two combat bots, against an angry mob of 50 enraged villagers.

lololo Deathwatch horde rules.

This is bullshit.

After much butthurt, lots of rolling, swiping, shooting, exploding, etc, the mob is wiped out to the last man. The players actually take almost no damage at all.

Yet they don't find the mayor's or the constable's corpses amidst the slaughterfest.

TO THE MAYOR'S HOUSE!

MEANWHILE...

Aurora gets bumrushed by the three creatures, but evades combat. The constable tries to shoot her with an adamantium-tipped stake of his catechist crossbow, but misses. The scum makes a desperate run for it, using her powergamed agility to her advantage.

lololo not so fast, scum [focus power: blood boil] [opposed willpower: success by 3 degrees]

[willpower: failure by 6 degrees]

Jesus Christ [fate re-roll: failure by 0 degrees]

Blood boil means scum gets one point of fatigue + one for each degree of success of the caster in the opposed check. Scum has only one point of toughness bonus, which means two points of fatigue make her pass out. However, each point of excess fatigue from blood boil gives 5 wounds. So Aurora takes 10 wounds, and is down to 0 hp. When down to 0 hp under blood boil, the character dies.

So long, Aurora :salute:

*the door is kicked in*

AURORA, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

[forbidden lore: daemonology] Those three creatures are Dybuk killers, lesser types of daemonhosts!

We are fucked.

And with this lovely cliffhanger, our session ended. What could be the outcome of this unholy battle? What is there to be found in this Emperor-forsaken cave beneath the mayor's house? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

The answer of these and many other questions will be revealed soon :M

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
Darth Roxor said:
I USE [SURVIVAL] ON THE MEAT

[success] Well, it's red meat, alright.

Dusk-born can tell meat type from the taste! :M Slaaneshi-witch-bitchs with homely airs dont fool Wolfe!

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
I AM VERY BUTTHURT ABOUT SURVIVAL NOT BEING APPLICABLE EVERYWHERE

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
:salute:

When's the next session? Can't use Hamachi ATM, but I might be able to join a game anyway if I know the time and date. Don't want to go down without a fight. Also, I've totally forgot how many corruption and insanity points Shanks has. Five each or so, right?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Azael said:
:salute:

When's the next session? Can't use Hamachi ATM, but I might be able to join a game anyway if I know the time and date. Don't want to go down without a fight.

Good question, we need to wrap up this Dunwich Horror first, which might happen 'soon' and shouldn't take long, since this is p. much the final combat and after that there's only closing words/entry point to the next scenario which I haven't written down yet :M

Also, I've totally forgot how many corruption and insanity points Shanks has. Five each or so, right?

According to my copy of the sheet, it's 23 IP and 26 CP :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom