Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Dark Heresy - Jaedar's Transcript

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, I think this deserves to be saved for posterity:

40k_token_imperial_psyker_01.png
The ice covering this lake is way too thin to support us.

40k_token_imperial_guard_catachan_01.png
The distance to the central island is about 50m. We could chop down some trees and get a 50m ladder that will spread our weight neatly and let us pass.

Or wait, I have an even better idea. Let's chop down some trees, build a raft and Reject can use his heavy flamer as propulsion.

40k_token_imperial_psyker_01.png

What?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If I had a way of saving transcripts and wasn't criminally unfunny maybe :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
40k_token_ecclesiarchy_redemptor_kyrinov.png
: Well, time to investigate this garage thing here.

Oh for fuck's sake, a mine (-7 wounds). Wait, I was at 3? Shit...

(crit -4 to the bum, sends the poor priest flying a metre to the north where he trips another mine)

[dodge: clutch success] MAJESTIC SOMMERSAULT. Now let's heal up with some sorcery... oh goddammit perils

79–82 Cataclysmic Blast: The Psyker’s power overloads, arcing out in great bolts of warp energy. Anyone within 2d10 metres of him (including the Psyker) takes 1d10+5 Energy Damage and all of the Psyker’s clothing and gear are destroyed, leaving him naked and smoking on the ground.

FFFFUUUUUUUU

lightbane

Arcane
:what:
This thread wasn't abandoned after all?? Not that I'm complaining, the Emperor demands more transcriptions and hilarious victories defeats/horrible deaths!!!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
40k_token_admech_techpriest_07.png
Hello, I am an NPC techpriest and I speak in a very strange way and I'm in a strange place. Please follow me through that door.

40k_token_admech_techpriest_06.png
MY TECHPRIEST BRUDDA!

40k_token_imperial_astropath.png
Uh, there's something very wrong about that guy...

chuck_testerp.png
NONSENSE, I FOLLOW HIM

As Abydos follows the techpriest NPC, a short "BEEP BEEP" is heard, and two missile launchers launch a volley over the hapless party.

My Agility Bonus is too low to dodge this shit, FFFFUUUUU

Okay, let's heal up and try to continue?

chuck_testerp.png
*is the only one on the other side of the doorway, sees an empty corridor with derelict machinery* Dayum, guys, you HAVE to see this!

I spearhead the assault!

BEEP BEEP

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In related news, we have finally, after 2 (?) years of playing Dark Heresy, managed to finish a campaign. After 2 total party wipes and a few shuffles, the party of acolytes under inquisitor Isabella has unraveled and destroyed the Heretek plot to revive an ancient space station from the Dark Age of Technology

Scenario 13 - Sabotage at Soulforge. Season Finale III, epilogue.

21:51 Roxorowicz The events that took place in Calixis during your service to Inquisitor Isabella D'Sparil have left some mark on the sector.
21:51 Roxorowicz While not much has changed in Quaddis itself, its visitors nowadays are different. The memory of Matthias Sigil's manor put to the flames has caused many shady figures to think twice before going to Quaddis to perform illegal activities.
21:51 Roxorowicz After the drastic purge in Luggnum, the mining world has been very much put out of commission for decades. Despite transferring new work force from other planets, the world has become so underpopulated after the genestealer infiltration that it simply cannot even hope to meet its previous mining quotas.
21:51 Roxorowicz Karrik, the ice world, is as unwelcoming as ever, but at least the people around the derelict town of Jakobsburg no longer have to fear howling in the night. The secrets of Craftworld Iyanden are also safe from Imperial eyes thanks to pathfinder Rork's clever handling of your very important findings.
21:52 Roxorowicz The Heretek infiltration of Klybo has never been unraveled. Even after the incident at the Eternal Forge, dark science would still bloom in the dark corners of Citadel Station, soon making it the sector's bastion for tech-heresy, right under loyalist noses.
21:52 Roxorowicz The surface is still off-limits and under surveillance, but according to rumours, smugglers have become very interested in the local fauna.
21:52 Viral [fk yeah]
21:52 Roxorowicz The Eternal Forge stood no chance. After its defences were sabotaged, the Ordo Hereticus exterminatus wiped out everything from the face of the star. Thousands of valuable artifacts were lost, but the fevered dreams of the mad Magos Nagash were buried with him, as his followers were scattered or obliterated, and his accomplishments turned to dust.
21:52 Sincerus (y)
21:52 Gregorius (llol)
21:52 Roxorowicz The inquisitor who ordered the exterminatus and knew where to strike wishes to remain anonymous, despite receiving honours of a hero of the Imperium.
21:53 Roxorowicz As for yourselves...
21:53 Roxorowicz (here you can insert whatever happens with your character)
21:53 Roxorowicz Zarkov Adlogos has gone off into the stars to look for the Black Library
21:54 Sincerus Having seen justice of the courts failed, Sincerus took it upon himself to bring the Emperor's justice to Isabella. Most likely dying in the process.
21:54 Roxorowicz To look for two things - expanding his knowledge, and getting rid of the daemonic voice that has been slithering around his head since the Klybo incident
21:55 Roxorowicz The daemon kept pointing him from one "deadly enemy" to another, but it always found a way to deceive him
21:55 Roxorowicz and setting him on an endless crusade against various adversaries, leaving the adept almost completely mad
21:55 Zarkov_Adlogos (Zarkov doesn't care as long as the "dealy enemies" are deamons and heretics"
21:55 Roxorowicz Sincerus has pledged his life to rid the sector of Isabella's presence, taking it as his duty of honour
21:56 Zarkov_Adlogos (altho he'd prob just try to kill it with sorcery at some point :M)
21:56 Gregorius Gregorious returned to service, and continues to study sorcery and other heresies despite knowing better
21:56 Roxorowicz He has found himself completely alone, disappointed by both the ineffective mechanisms of the Inquisition, and the Arbites who couldn't help him either
21:57 Roxorowicz He truly has become the last killer standing, watching in the dark, waiting for that one moment to strike
21:57 Zarkov_Adlogos
21:57 Sincerus Fitting
21:57 Roxorowicz But Isabella has always been one step ahead. However, he knows that one day, her step will be a trip
21:58 Roxorowicz And then the bullet will hit her poisoned heart. Imperator vult.
21:58 Abydos Abydos took the fancy shuttle the party used with him, and set of to become a famous space pirate - Pyrobrush Threepwood. How famous he really became is up for debate.
21:58 Sincerus (y!!!)
21:59 Roxorowicz Gregorius returned to service, but he continued to study the dark arts. Despite a few "accidents" that almost left him disabled, he still is an active member of the Ecclesiarchy
22:00 Roxorowicz And he is waiting for further combat deployment, perhaps one day he might even rise to greatness... if his path doesn't make him stray too far from the light of Terra
22:00 Gregorius :salute:
22:00 Roxorowicz Abydos has gone fully freelance. He never returned to active duty for the Ordos, despite being a trained Daemonhunter. He has embraced the life of a bounty hunter and pirate, doing odd jobs here and there
22:01 Viral Viral has sunk into depression after seeing so much being destroyed for no reason and now shares caiside's addiction.
22:01 Roxorowicz There are some in the sector who say that he'd be better off selling flak vests, however
22:01 Abydos I've got these nice faux-dragonscale jackets!
22:02 Roxorowicz Viral has kept serving rogue trader Eustace, looking forward to another adventure that could provide him with profit and artifacts
22:02 Roxorowicz He was finding at least some consolation each time he stumbled upon items from an age long gone
22:03 Roxorowicz As the daemons of the Eternal Forge kept haunting him, on many levels
22:03 Roxorowicz Not only could he never forgive himself that he allowed so many wonders of the Omnissiah to be completely obliterated
22:03 Roxorowicz But seeing all the tech-heresy made him think even more about his origins. Who was he? What was he? Why was he here?
22:04 Gregorius (what is love?)
22:04 Roxorowicz All these questions needed answering... but deep inside he didn't want them to be answered. He gripped onto the ideas of his soul and identity very firmly and didn't want to let go.
22:05 Roxorowicz You did all you could to subvert the enemies of man and strengthen the Imperium in Calixis. But all these changes are as minuscule as dust in the wind. A threat perhaps even greater than all the others is currently growing in the sector.
22:05 Roxorowicz Witchcraft, heresy and mutation will always find a favourable ground, twisting and lurking in the shadows in anticipation of the slightest gaps in mankind's defences. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
22:05 Abydos zarkov's slide is underwhelming
22:05 Roxorowicz ++++++ FEAR DENIES FAITH, THE EMPEROR PROTECTS ++++++
22:05 Roxorowicz thank you for playing

:salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:bravo:

2 years in a campaign is an impressive achievement. I can only think of one I've been in that lasted past a year and a half (going on its 4th year now), although there's been a handful in the 12-18month range.

lightbane

Arcane
Impressive :salute:
Too bad you're already done. The incoming Dark Heresy book, the Lathe Worlds, is a must for any tech-priest/heretek that wants to be succesful.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They're probably just gearing up for Only War so the player death count can reach a level Roxor is comfortable with :P

lightbane

Arcane
Actually, the PCs from Only War are quite sturdy, much more than DH's Failcolytes (especially the Ogryins). Also, most characters include one or two Comrade/s, a special npc that helps them (and die quite easily to fill up Guardsmen's mortality rate). They're not bad, for being guardsmen (of course, guardsmen in Only War can't use Power Armor unlike Acolytes) :M

PS: Strangely enough, OW's Psykers are not as powerful as DH but they have more control of their powers (the fettered-unfettered-push system from Rt and others), which means they're more useful at long term.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Haven't gotten a chance to play Dark Heresy myself, but I partook in an AD&D campaign that ran for 10 years, though I was only part of it for the last 6..
Now, were I the DM, plenty more characters would have been killed, but I'm also a sick bastard when running a game.

As for this thread, I approve! :bravo:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
. They're not bad, for being guardsmen (of course, guardsmen in Only War can't use Power Armor unlike Acolytes) :M

PS: Strangely enough, OW's Psykers are not as powerful as DH but they have more control of their powers (the fettered-unfettered-push system from Rt and others), which means they're more useful at long term.
Acolyte power armor sucks. 2 hour power supply is stupidly short.

Also, no psykers are useful long term, they're ticking timebombs and when they pop, someone dies(or entire party winds up being horribly mutated :M)

lightbane

Arcane
You are not using them correctly and you blame the poor fellows for your clumsiness. You must use their powers as little as possible, until you unlock Favored by the Warp. Then you can go wild. Should your character somehow live long enough to become a Primaris Psyker, then you already won and you no longer have to worry about Psychic phenomena, ever.

PS: The PA battery's short duration is not a problem if you have a resourceful techpriest in your party, these guys can recharge machines with their bioenergy.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Don't they get fatigue for using their potentia coil to recharge things?

You are not using them correctly and you blame the poor fellows for your clumsiness. You must use their powers as little as possible, until you unlock Favored by the Warp.
By the time you get to rank 6~8 where that advance is available the party already blew up a dozen times. :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Our squad of brave guardsmen is about to drive their chimera straight into the heart of the Necron awakened monolith!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Our squad of brave guardsmen is about to drive their chimera straight into the heart of the Necron awakened monolith!
Not If Private Jace has anything to say about it :(

Like Dow teaches us: "Flee! They're too much for us!!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom