Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress Let's Play Entomorph: Plague Of The Darkfall

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ninja Destroyer, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    I encountered a little problem trying to run the gog version on win10.
    Everything seems to work somewhat fine except the game shows an error message everytime there is an attempt at starting music or trying to show a cutscene. No music for me in other words.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. CappenVarra phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    it's bugging you out?

• nice nice x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. baud Savant

baud
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  4. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    [​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Part V : Blood Must Be Shed

Show Spoiler

After defeating Crooked Bee I have no idea what to do next. Since the western part of the island is well known to me, I decide to go through the rest of the area. And what do you know, I missed an interesting person at the north east shore. A lone figure of a noble, with a bodyguard (?). He isn't very friendly at first seeing the changed Hudson.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tell him, that I will not harm him. I quickly realized in the early parts of the game, that is not wise to piss of any NPC, because either he will block your progress or attack you if necessary.

His name is Sechdric, and the other men is Darmos.

So Darmos, who is a partially mutated human just as us is more of a companion. His buddy noble will kill him, before his final stages of mutation.
    It's too bad I can't take him with me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ask him about the missing arm.

[​IMG]

Note: Thelyds are the tribe of giant ants. I've already visited their anthill, being lured by their queen. It looks like that nobles have some problems regarding the creatures. They've started changing their behavior, once they tasted the juicy flesh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is interesting. Looks like Thelyds are now working only for themselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes you think. The Queen influenced all of her servants.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was the same with our hero.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At least we know, that a strategic retreat from their base was a good move.

[​IMG]

Finally, I ask about the Darmos. But we don't know anything new about him after asking that question.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On second though, maybe taking him wouldn't be such a good idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ask, how to stop Thelyds. Sechdric provides a very valuable informations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To defeat a Thelyd, you must become one. Or at least smell like one. But I will need more to find my way through the stronghold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After knowing about the scent of ants and the Orb, I ask the obvious questions about their locations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great, no item hunting for little brown ants in the jungle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since I can disguise myself as a Thelyd, it shouldn't be a big problem to find the orb. I say goodbye and scout for the caves, that I missed earlier.

[​IMG]

This one is really small, and the humanoid monster is a creature called Mutalid. Hudson is only partially a member of their group, so I can do much more for the time being.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you stay for too long here, both noble and the Mutalid will attack you.

After some time I finally found a very interesting cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A big group of nobles looking like they are plotting something? Sign me up!

[​IMG]

It's time to use the [LIE] dialogue options to look like a friendly slave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I see three statues on the ground. Very nice. But before I will have the honor of visiting the Great Mutrizzba, I need to have the permission.

[​IMG]

I ask the other noble about the pass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I choose the firsts option (balanced).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Since I had to kill so many enemies, I'm blunt with my response and choose the first option as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, have you been outside recently?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suave lie is a good lie.

:balance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ask the obvious, and only question regarding this cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I ask about the Mutrizzba size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course I am.

[​IMG]

I expected nothing less from the queen. Thanks to the women noble I can pass through the only doors and talk with her.

[​IMG]

Damn, she really is freaking me out. A summer nightmare come true.

Mutrizzba introduces herself. Something is not right, and I'm not talking about her talking without having any talking organs.

"Welcome to my shrine, It is such an honor to have you as a visitor."

"Shrine! This is not shrine! It is a banquet room and I shall suck you dry a blood for my first course."

"It's not often that anyone comes to pay homage, especially not a specimen as fine as yourself. My protectors are all whom I see"

"Protectors!??? They are my jailers, you are an agent of them!"

"Pay no heed, I mean you no harm. Come and talk with me."

"Wait! What, if you are agent of my enemy? It is a death for what it has done."

"But I am sure you do not have evil, so come and bow before me."

Judging from the conversation, she seems to have a sever case of a split personality.

[​IMG]

This reminds me of another game, where we meet girl(s) living in Santa Monica, who are craving for blood as well. Although much better looking.

Mutrizzba isn't alone, and has some humans guarding her audience room. While it's tempting to use "I have come to kill you" dialogue option, I play it nicely.

H: I humbly request a dose of royal jelly!
    M: But then again, what do I care what you want? It is you who should care what I want!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

T'Urthrax Mata is the spider queen from the beginning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I'm not only mutating, but will have a symbiotic organism hatching in my body. I wonder what will hatch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suddenly, the evil personality takes over and things go south really quick.

[​IMG]

:shredder:

This is a really hard fight, since the room is small and Mutrizzba likes to use spells while moving left and right in a quick manner. First priority - I'm moving left to get away from the queen and kill the guards. They aren't a problem in 1vs1 fight. After that, Mutrizzba is flying like she swallowed blood mixed with Red Bull. She is using Mana Bolt and single Lighting Bolts, but this would be too easy. She can also launch a volley of Lightning Bolts. However, she'll sent out many more, extremely rapidly, and usually follow up with a rapid fire of Ice Missiles. Basically it creates a magic wall of death. If you are facing it, it's game over. Projectile attacks are the only possible way to win this battle. Hudson has also the spitting attack. Our saliva has a venom included, and it is not using mana pool, so I use armor/heal/spitting and Acid Bolt if you need a variation. I died a lot here, the first time I was just baffled how she turned me into mushes.

[​IMG]

:yeah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a nice pile of nectar lying around. Of course I take some just as before.

[​IMG]
    :fuuyeah:

Ah finally, I have become a Mutalid!

[​IMG]

It's time to enter the jungle and visit the spider queen.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  6. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Giant time traveling spiders, split personality mosquito god-queens, main hero is a mantis person - i wish more fantasy rpg settings were as cool as that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
  8. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Entomorph is a classic, one that won't be repeated, ever. Although it's a bit odd that a giant mosquito is so proficient with magic and spams energy attacks like a Touhou game, instead of attempting to stab you to death and leave you dry.

^ Top  
  9. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part VI : Entangled in Time

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

After defeating the deranged Mosquito queen I decide to search the whole area for any items that could be helpful in my quest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After killing all the remaining nobles I hit a jackpot, a disgusting ball of poison and a haste spell. It's one of the most essential ones. I use it to move through the jungle faster, kill creatures with no damage and it will give me the upper hand with the bosses. I see a scroll on the left, so I check what is written on it.

[​IMG]

There are some traps scattered through this location, so I use this information to my advantage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a lot of bloodsucking mosquitoes, which is not surprising but right now there are very easy to beat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those golden beetles are more resistant to damage, but with haste spell, lurking around the corner I kill them all without big problems. Notice the stones which are higher than the rest of the floor. I had to navigate without touching them to not receive a nasty surprise.

[​IMG]

After all this, I found only a scroll with a strange message. A strange cross ? I remember seeing a sign with this symbol but I could walk through there.

[​IMG]

All right, I'm done here. This place is now an underground cemetery full of bodies. I grab all the Mooka statues and leave this place.

[​IMG]

After some quick scouting, I finally found the place. I've used the scroll which I found before. Voila! a couple of stones make the new path to the east.

[​IMG]

There is nothing much here, expect for the Web Walk spell. Aha, now I can visit the eight legged creatures.

[​IMG]

There is an abandoned village with webs all around. I gather more items that were left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spiders and ants fighting each other. The eternal conflict of powers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found ghosts in one hut. Sadly, I can't help them in any way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The village was the only interesting thing at the south, so I take the path to the west.

[​IMG]

My journey ends abruptly by being poisoned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, looks like I'm in the Urthrax's granary.

[​IMG]

Note: The white spiders are males, the brown ones are females. The black/red ones are the guard of the Queen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gulp, poor fella. It looks like I'm next.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:happytrollboy:

They will not eat me, just keep me as a snack. Wait, what!

[​IMG]

After I've been tossed to the food pit, a lonely Urthrax wonders around and talks to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Easier said, than done but of course I tell him that I will do that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just like in real life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That Urthrax was really helpful. It seems, that the queen made some enemies during her time.

[​IMG]

I found the men, but he isn't eager to be a part of conspiracy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, the men is really pessimist. Being stuck with a giant spiders isn't healthy for your psyche.

[​IMG]

Damn, I realized there was another guy looking the same, but I couldn't talk to him at first. Now this is the one I've been looking for. I get straight to the point, telling him that I want slaves to escape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohkay, so I free myself earlier on and you are telling me that I need to go back to the cocoon ?

:neveraskedforthis:

Do you worst then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aha, this time I'm at the Queen's chamber. It looks like she has an appetite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't remember being ordered to do anything, since it's the first time that I'm able to talk to you. Or maybe that was the other me earlier on in the intro?

Let's see how it goes.

:mlady:

[​IMG]

Yeah, no kidding. Let's try this line. Hopefully she will remember me and that it will make things easier.

:greatjob:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wait, wait...

[​IMG]

:rage:

Looks like it didn't work. At first I thought that sending me in time with all the spells and items would be an interesting form of trolling the player. But sadly, after that, we see a game over screen.

Still, at this location doing anything wrong will teleport you back in time and to the first location or get you killed. Knowing that, I'll use some other dialogue and try to fool the Queen. Since there is a lot of moving back and forth, I'll end this part here and continue in the next update. Until next time.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Don't you mean "Entangled"?

With Haste, now you should be able to check that home filled with angry bugs that killed you upon entering.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Wait a second, didn't that mosquito goddess implanted you earlier with an egg against T'urthrax-Mata time magic?
    How long do you need to wait for that egg to hatch?

^ Top  
  12. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    I thought of that too, but there is no way to check, when the egg will hatch. I suspect it will happen later on, at some crucial moment to save us. For now, I need to watch my tongue and play along.

Yeah, the bees that were guarding the honey in that one particular hut. I wish there was more locations in which I could use the spells like that.

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  13. CappenVarra phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    that's a pretty visionary game

^ Top  
  14. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Part VII : Entangled in Time.... Again!

Show Spoiler

After my last encounter with the Urthrax Queen, I restart the last save, and give her another response to let me continue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A place filled with giant ants? I didn't have time to do anything since I was running from that place.

[​IMG]

Uhmm, no.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:M

Of course we met, but I keep that information to myself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That would be much easier for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You don't know me today as well, but I'm not going to argue. I'm doing it the hard way.

[​IMG]

Once I can search the area, it is crucial to ask for some directions. I found a prisoner who is still alive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RIP. After carefully venturing onward, I find another one. A horrifying, almost half eaten body who is still able to speak.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that, the men dies.

:negative:

The Queen bitch will be killed, I can promise you that.

With that hint, I can find my way through. If you do a full circle and come back to the Queen in the present time, you will be sent back in time to the island just as before with game over screen. That goes for the past one as well.

[​IMG]

Finally, I found the way to the Queen of the past. She doesn't recognize me, which is expected.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ohkay, let's keep it cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That would be really strange, considering, that both species are fighting each other.

[​IMG]

Ah, the marking which was mentioned in the present. Now I won't be seen only as a walking food.

Now i need to go back all the way.

:argh:

[​IMG]

After a while...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh boy, another trip through the maze.

:shittydog:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, that's what you told me in the present.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After all the walking I had to do, I promise her I will fix it. Besides, it will be easier for me, once the Thelyds are wiped.

[​IMG]

I move out from the area, happy that I can finally move out from this stinking place. At least for a while.
    The funny thing about the web area, where the Queens are, is that there isn't a direct exit that you can find. There are some places in the area, where you can go down, but you need to move to it, and then see a short message, if you want to get down.

[​IMG]

Looks like the war has already started and Urthraxs and Thelyds are fighting each. With the haste spell I let them kill each other.

I remember the cave with the single noble. Maybe he will let me pass after I'm transformed ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, close one. I still need more nectar.

I found another cave nearby, which I somehow missed. Surprisingly, I find three half mutated people in there. They are hostile at first, but after some polite introduction, they want me, to help them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The beast, that they are mentioning is a single Thelyd, but more resistant to damage. He is hiding in the eastern part of the cave. After killing him I return to this spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn, I wish I didn't use my mana, but whatever. If I need some extra free healing, I will return to them.

[​IMG]

I search the rest of the cave. Bingo! I found a hidden room with new spell. And something else.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right. After I search through the locations that I should look up, there is this strange abandoned industrial area. And what do you know, after checking it again I was surprised and I saw another strange creature, which was more humanoid and didn't want to kill me on sight. I quickly run through a couple of doors, and finally we meet up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, there isn't anything funny about that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to enter the facility, but my request is refused.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I'm in the Keechda underground city, which are interesting faction, considering how advanced everything looks and is well maintained by machines even after being almost extinct. A sad element of the Aden's world. I bet they could help me fixing the teleporter and maybe even more than that.

As for the nectar, I don't really need to have it. Instead, the honey that I took earlier on can be given as well. After that I have a free pass here.

I'll be looking through this fascinating place in the next update.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Them urthrax time magic looks damn complicated

^ Top  
  16. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Having a spider monster with time-magic is an awesome concept but sadly rarely used. The entire setting deserves more love than Fagotten Realms got.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if they're dicks, but they only heal you once.

I think this place is optional, but interesting enough to check everything. You'll have to make several trips and return here to complete everything though.

Don't forget that village where Haste is needed to survive the trap with the angry bugs that activate once you step inside.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Kabas Savant Patron

Kabas
    Speaking of setting, how is the Thunderscape? I heard it was meh or something, but the cover definitely looks as cool as this one.
    [​IMG]

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)