Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Arche Seleukeia)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
How come you can't save during enemy turn? This has never been an issue for me.

Really? I tried ctrl+s but it done nothing. Never tried enter game menu during enemy turn though, I can save that way?

Precisely, you can save that way.

Update 24 Barbarians at the Gates (Hills have pikes)

UO0001.jpg

Time to take Kabalaka, I won't autoresolve it because this army is getting thinner and thinner and we still have to conquer one more province to destroy Aremania.

UO0002.jpg

Hypaspistai pretty much done all work here. I never saw so many got their asses kicked so much by so few...

Unfortunately we had to move our capital again because hurting butts are spreading like a plague.

"High unrest isn't a bug its a feature. "

- EB team spokesmen on their forum

UO0004.jpg

Hekatompylos calmed down and Sarpedon can continue removing Baktria from the premises.

UO0005.jpg

There is one fat stack near, let's destroy it before we start sieging their cities.

UO0006.jpg

... That's fucking full stack of archers. Ain't fighting that, no way.

UO0007.jpg

I think they were serious about their threats.

UO0008.jpg

Yes, we are on Parthian turf, but one can wonder why they feel so secure to attack our best army, which is nowhere near their city and doesn't threaten it at all?

UO0009.jpg

Well... because they have fucking 6 units of cataphracts.

UO0010.jpg

Sarpedon is one lucky bastard when it comes to terrain.

UO0011.jpg

For a moment I was thinking about deploying in woods, but I decided against it.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

Here they come!

UO0014.jpg

Our Thorakitai "hidden" in woods got charged by cats, cavalry suffer big penalties for fighting in forest but we still have to rescue them.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

And then I realized that I forgot about one unit of Pandotapoi phalangitai during deployment and left them where AI put them. They might be just "natives" but those guys are with Sarpedon since war with Ptolemaioi, they are experienced as fuck and managed to kill few cats.

UO0017.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Meanwhile main body of enemy army smashed into our center. They might be cataphracts but still, charging phalanx uphill will never work.

UO0020.jpg

Then two units of cataphracts tried to flank us and one stumbled upon hidden unit of Hypasipides. Other one managed to attack our archers though.

UO0021.jpg

... Our cavalry managed to break this unit with one charge. Well, Sarpedon's Hetairoi have two golden chevrons of experience, they are not to be fucked with.

UO0022.jpg

And that's why I haven't deployed in the woods. I can't see shit and you can't either.

UO0026.jpg

Our cavalry and some phalangitai are fighting cats in the forest. Parthians are sending reinforcements there so we have to prepare for them.

UO0027.jpg

UO0028.jpg

Our cavalry is finished fighting in woods and broke cataphracts reinforcements just by looking at them.

UO0029.jpg

Center is still fighting and our cavalry is getting in position for some butt-charging.

UO0031.jpg

UO0032.jpg

BOOM! mass rout!

UO0033.jpg

Unfortunately our pandotapoit got slaughtered, all by themselves in middle of nowhere because I forgot about them.

UO0034.jpg

Well, some of them survived.

UO0036.jpg

And then Parthians (or what was left of them) just left the field.

UO0037.jpg

We got a lot of healed soldiers again (even natives survived). Sarpedon must have 'surgeon' retinue or something.

UO0038.jpg

Meanwhile, carthaginian doomstack approaches Kyrene.

UO0001.jpg

We were finally able to move our army out of Byzantion and we besieged Tylis, taking it it's not our victory condition but we need to save our economy and there is no better way than rape and pillage.

UO0002.jpg

Carthage attacked Kyrne and Macedonians broke their alliance with us.

UO0003.jpg

That's... attack worthy of sand niggers.

UO0004.jpg

Get the fuck out.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

Baktria continue to attack our cities in the east but I hope garrisons will be able to hold them.

UO0007.jpg

Meanwhile, Sarpedon is sieging Baktrian capital. We will starve those motherfuckers and hopefully crush armies that will tries to lift this siege.

UO0001.jpg

Oho, we have first candidates to be crushed.

UO0003.jpg

Fucking Sarpedon and his luck, maan.

UO0004.jpg

This is even more ridiculous than last time.

UO0007.jpg

I think you saw enough hill-raping.

UO0008.jpg

We won, we won verily.

UO0009.jpg

And our Argyraspides got experience chevron, I'm very happy about that.

UO0011.jpg

And this stupid mistake just cost Baktrians their capital.

Update 25 Seleukeia at the Barbarian's Gates

UO0001.jpg

AI stupidity and willingness to charge their cataphracts uphill gave us Baktra with minimial losses. We sold 15000 baktrians into slavery and shekels we got from this shall be used to improve our economy.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

Unfortunately Baktrians decided to be all sneaky and siege our cities instead of fighting Sarpedon's army trying to save their homeland.

UO0004.jpg

Meanwhile army tasked with final removal of Parthians is getting near Khiva.

UO0005.jpg

And Parthians have only one other city, and their army is reduced in numbers by Sarpedon (which wasn't part of the plan).

UO0006.jpg

Baktrians are assaulting Karmana. They are too few and have only one ram, this attack is doomed.

UO0007.jpg

Yup.

UO0008.jpg

Now they try their luck in Gabai. They have big army here but that's this retarded "archers stack" so we actually have advantage here.

UO0009.jpg

kekekeke

UO0010.jpg

Give up! we have you bitches surrounded!

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

UO0014.jpg

Grorious Victrey.

UO0015.jpg

UO0001.jpg

Our "Armenian Army" is stuck in Kabalaka, they suffered too many casualties and this army is completely inoperational so they have to hold on and wait for reinforcements (which won't come soon, because Armenia is not our priority right now).

UO0002.jpg

Our last city still besieged by Baktrians have it's wall stormed. But Baktrian brought only one ram so...

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Yeah.

UO0005.jpg

Our Reformed Eastern Army finally reached Khiva - source of all world's problems. We shall storm it's walls next season.

UO0006.jpg

Meanwhile, Sarpedon stopped playing Baktran God King and is ready to retake our shit back after leaving small garrison in Baktra.

UO0007.jpg

Poor bastards in Kabalaka got besiged. Hold on! reinforcements will come... in couple years.

UO0008.jpg

It's time to take revenge on steppe niggers for all the troubles they caused.

UO0009.jpg

Hypaspistai hitting ass and legs, omg its hevun.

UO0010.jpg

And now let the boys have some fun.

UO0011.jpg

We send our old eastern army to garrison Khiva and let Reformed one remove Pahlava from the premises, once and for all.

UO0012.jpg

Sarpedon sieges Ubermanschen-Alexandria hoping that Baktrian army standing next to the city will try to lift the siege and basically give us this city.

UO0013.jpg

You can always count on AI.

UO0014.jpg

More hill camping.

UO0015.jpg

Only difference is that Baktrian Cataphracts decided to commit suicide by charging our phalanx uphill and our cavalry was free to bring death and destruction to Baktrian skirmishers/archers (because that's pretty much another retarded Archers stack).

UO0016.jpg

UO0017.jpg

That's what you get for fucking with biggest empire in the world.

UO0018.jpg

And, yeah I checked and Sarpedon do have "Chirurgeon" retinue so he is able to heal a lot of wounded soldiers.

UO0019.jpg

And we are going to enslave it even though it was our city throuought this whole campaign (only thing worse than being conquered by barbarians is being liberated by Seleukeia).

UO0001.jpg

Now we are going to recruit our first "allied general" in Khiva and make him our client ruler there.

UO0002.jpg

Also we have to take care of two baktrian units chilling outside Alexandreia-Ariana. They have one badass unit of Elite Hellenic Infantry but we should be fine using only cavalry.

UO0003.jpg

Fuuuck... I think that Sarpedon's terrain luck run out.

UO0004.jpg

Dagnabbit.

UO0005.jpg

Ok, we managed to climb this fucking mount everest and our cav is still fresh, which is surprising.

UO0007.jpg

Elite Hellenic Infantry, we can also recruit them but they are very expensive.

UO0009.jpg

We swarmed them and most of our casualties were healed thanks to Sarpedon's surgeon hax.

UO0010.jpg

Ok, maybe not most of them but some of them.

UO0011.jpg

And now we have open road to Propthasia.

UO0012.jpg

Meanwhile Armenians decided to attack our army trapped in Kabalaka. This army is in shambles but they can defend this city for decades (unless AI will starve them).

UO0021.jpg

Some casualties but nothing to cry about. I will disband most of soldiers here and leave elites as a reserve for new army that will be tasked with destroying Armenia (Armenia have only one province in Sarmatian steppes).

UO0024.jpg

We finished "constructing" our allied general. There are two thing you can do with those, either you make them leave the city and be "normal" general or tell them to stay and they will be "client rulers". Having client ruler greatly improves happines in "allied" city but this guy can't leave, because if the does, people will fucking rage like it's 237 B.C.

UO0025.jpg

And speaking of ragining like its 237 B.C - Kablaka is revolting, if people here won't calm down till next turn our garrison will be kicked out and Kablaka will go back to Hayasdan (probably spawning doomstack of elites).

UO0026.jpg

And Carthage is back, they brought more troops this time so we will wait for them to attack our walls.

UO0027.jpg

Allied general become "client ruler" and Khiva should be fine. We will disband what is left of our old "eastern army" leaving only small garrison and our new eastern army will march to take last Parthian province.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Are you using some kind of a cheat to have the entire map revealed? Or is there an option burried somewhere, that I managed to miss?

I think he posted at the started that fog of war would be lifted. I think it's toggle_fow, (I'm not sure)?

Yes, It's toggle_fow cheat but I think you can also remove fog of war by editing preferences.txt in EB/preferences directory.

Ah, thanks. Can't stand the damned thing ;)

Yeah, with fog of war you quickly feel "all alone" and buying map information from everyone is a pain so I always play with FoW turned off (and it's not that much of a cheat since you can't see hidden and ambushing units anyway).

Update 26 Seleukeia at the Barbarian's Gates (Emprah's Most Overall Acceptable)

UO0001.jpg

Jewniggers decided to attack... but they brought only one ram (will AI ever fucking learn?).

UO0002.jpg

Famed Carthaginian Tooth Fairies.

UO0003.jpg

After breaking enemy attack, we opened the gates and told our citiziens that if they can catch a nigger, they can keep it.

UO0004.jpg

Ok, this is where it ends for Parthia. After this battle steppe niggers will be no more and this army will march at Baktria.

UO0005.jpg

No hills this time, but we can hold our own in open field.

UO0006.jpg

Especially since we got Companion Cavalry.

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Yeah, take a good look Parthians, out there stands and end to your indigenous culture.

UO0009.jpg

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Shit.

UO0013.jpg

We have to use our cavalry to prevent them from breaking our center.

UO0014.jpg

Too late.

UO0017.jpg

Seriously?

UO0018.jpg

What a mess.

UO0019.jpg

And city garrison arrived. We managed to fend off first attack but our center got completely destroyed and we have to reorganize.

UO0021.jpg

We told survivors to get the hell out and regrouped, making our line shorter but it have to at least 4 men's deep to stop cavalry (and even then it not always works).

UO0022.jpg

We put Hypaspistai in small wods on our left flank to prevent enemy from encircling us.

UO0024.jpg

But Parthians have just too many fucking horesmen.

UO0025.jpg

We had to send some phalangitai to help our Hyaspistai (making our line even shorter) and then told our cavalry to intecept parthians that got through.

UO0026.jpg

UO0027.jpg

Apparently, this battle will be resolved in this small pack of trees, Parthians throw all they have there so we have to do the same.

UO0029.jpg

But we left Argyraspidai to cover our flank (our cavalry is tasked with covering our back).

UO0030.jpg

Then I wanted to bring my cav back, but it turned out that I don't have cavalry anymore.

UO0031.jpg

And Argyraspidai got swarmed.

UO0033.jpg

We try to not get completely surrounded while hoping that rest of Parhian cavalry will keep chasing our fleeing general (because if they attack us now, we are fuuucked).

UO0036.jpg

Parthians that annihilated our cav are back but battle in woods is almost over and we have some spare phalangitai.

UO0037.jpg

UO0038.jpg

Ok, we took care of this forest battle and now we have to deal with two groups of parthian that did not attacked us yet (I don't know why but I'm happy about that).

UO0041.jpg

UO0043.jpg

UO0044.jpg

UO0047.jpg

UO0001.jpg

We managed to defeat one group but this got attention of Parthian king and his bodyguards. Those guys are worse than fucking cataphracts.

UO0002.jpg

They also have shitton of infantry. We are too few and I decided to try shit that Seleucid infantry did at Magnesia (but then, seleucid fucking lost at Magnesia).

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Ok, fuck this magnesia bullshit, our hypaspistai didn't make to our circle and are being slaughtered by parthian general bodyguards.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

I decided to attack Parthian king with all we got, leaving us completely open to attacks from behind.

UO0007.jpg

Our Hypaspistai broke and got completely annihilated.

UO0008.jpg

But we managed to kill Parthian king.

UO0009.jpg

Now we have to deal with infantry.

UO0011.jpg

UO0013.jpg

UO0019.jpg

There is lots of them and they have one unit of cav as a support, it's a pretty weak cavalry but still.

UO0020.jpg

We are breaking them but they keep regrouping after running away few steps.

UO0023.jpg

Then this "weak" cavalry unit charged us from the front and managed to rout two phalangitai units.

UO0025.jpg

UO0026.jpg

UO0029.jpg

Then I told our men to drop sarissa and just charge waving their cocks hoping that this will break all parthians at the same time.

UO0030.jpg

And it worked.

UO0031.jpg

We lost most of our army, all our dignity and didn't even took the city... But we killed every Parthian family member and Pahlava is no more.

UO0032.jpg

UO0033.jpg

Now Epeirotes try to lift the siege of Tylis. I won't show you this battle, just a results.

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

Poor Epeirotes are phalanx faction so they don't have a chance against BESTEST INFANTRY in the known world.

UO0004.jpg

ENSLAVE!

UO0005.jpg

Yup, we didn't get "faction destroyed" message but Parthians are no more.

UO0006.jpg

*In Myth Narrator Voice*
New units recieved.

UO0007.jpg

Lo and behold, somehow reform happened :M

UO0008.jpg

We have to recruit new army (after this Parthian trainwreck) and we shall start with training some elephants.

Yeah, I just stared with disbelief at my monitor when 2 units of cavalry completely ripped apart our line with frontal charge. Then I panicked and got our cavalry killed, only thing that saved us from complete disaster was that Parthian infantry didn't attacked us at all and their king didn't join the fight until very end. Worst thing is, we are not Rome, our manpower is limited and thanks to failure in Armenia and almost complete disaster in Parthia, our recruitment centers are depopulated.

Update 27 - Conquest of Arabia (there be elephants in this update matey).

UO0001.jpg

Goddamit turbanheads are back.

UO0002.jpg

And Kabalaka is at siege again. That's ok though, we have strong garrison there and we are in process of recruiting new army (which will be quite long process because we depopulated our main recruitment zone - Syria/Kolie-Syria)

UO0003.jpg

I think I just screwed everything up autoresolving this.

UO0004.jpg

AUTO-RESOLVUS! GIVE ME BACK MY GARRISON!

UO0005.jpg

Sandniggers just crossed a fucking line.

UO0006.jpg

You know what it means...

UO0007.jpg

You guys, are not going to Armenia.

UO0011.jpg

I tried to quickly retake Bostra with some leftovers from auto-resolved battle but we had a draw. We killed sand niggers general though.

UO0012.jpg

Armenia, go back to your sarmatian steppes this shit's ours now, we called dibs.

UO0014.jpg

UO0015.jpg

When you remove one steppe people, soon other jumps in their place... will east ever be fucking calm?

UO0016.jpg

We got attacked by Saka Rauka but I thought that they have so few units it will be a cakewalk. Then I noticed unit with 12 attack and 39 defence, I want fucking Parthians back.

UO0017.jpg

I was able to defend this city but we lost 2 family members (Guy who fought Parthians alongside Antiochus I was among those two).

UO0018.jpg

Propthasia surrendered. Finally some good news.

UO0019.jpg

Also, we are going to recruit 2 units of cataphracts. Elephants and cataphracts to fight sand niggers seems like an overkill... But I it's not, it's really not. They are greater threat than they want us to think they are, first they send at us turbanheads carrying spears and then what? we soon may be overrun by turbanheads carrying RELIGION OF PEACE... they must be stopped.

UO0001.jpg

Nisa revolted and declared independence. Only sign of our power in the east is Sarpedon and his army, and they are chilling near Alexandreia-Ariana.

UO0002.jpg

We finally took Antiocheia-Margiane from army that turned into rebels after we killed every Parthian family member. It got enslaved of course.

UO0003.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Barbarian Batkrians besiegeing baktra battled badass blob but... been beutifuly beaten by brave bros

UO0001.jpg

Our Turban Removing army is ready, unfortunately we must start removing turban by conquering independent arab state of Petra, which is not as glorious as smashing Sabyn but we need shekels.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Bostra was liberated... and enslaved because they shamed us all letting sand niggers take this city.

UO0005.jpg

Carthage keeps trying but their stacks are too small to conquer brothel, nevermind Seleukid city.

UO0001.jpg

Epeirotes are getting desperate and keep attacking us even with odds 7:3 against them.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

UO0004.jpg

Also I decided to recruit another small army to take conquer independent cities in anatolia/caucassus and then we will make "Army North" out of them.

UO0005.jpg

We had more important shit to do so those two cities didn't have a chance to join glorious Arche Selekeuia (and be enslaved). But now we need shekel, shekel is most important thing because dem elephants are expensive. Shekel must flow.

UO0006.jpg

Again!

UO0007.jpg

Guys, it won't work.

UO0008.jpg

And now we siege our former capital :troll:

UO0009.jpg

For now we were able to hold our ground against new steppe niggers (Actually, Saka Rauka seems to be some branch of Scythians/Sarmatians and fuckers are also white) so Sarpedon can keep pushing Baktria out of our sfere of influence (which is whole world basically).

UO0010.jpg

Unfortunately Sarpedon The Victor Nicator is old and soon shall join our glorious God-Ancestor Seleucus.

UO0011.jpg

But he still have a time to kill few Baktrians.

UO0013.jpg

Mount Ridiculia.

UO0016.jpg

Incline is so steep that it distorted soldier models.

UO0018.jpg

Poking commenced and then I decided to just charge and run them over.

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg

And it worked.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

Ok, now is the time to field test our new army.

UO0024.jpg

We are going to sacrifice few foot soldiers just to see elephants smashing through sand niggers.

UO0027.jpg

Also, our Thorakitai Argyraspides look like they mean business.

UO0028.jpg

UO0029.jpg

You guys hold them in one place and I'll let elephant loose.

UO0030.jpg

Here they come!

UO0031.jpg

UO0034.jpg

Smash!

UO0036.jpg

UO0040.jpg

And now some Kataphraktoi butt-charge.

UO0041.jpg

UO0043.jpg

And then we chased them arabs to town square.

UO0045.jpg

Pretty high loses but I let my infantry fight uphill while I was having fun with elephants.

UO0046.jpg

ENSLAVE!

This is just getting better and better :lol:

But it seems like they won't be a moment of peace for you to develop your economy. There will always be a front open in this huge ass empire.

Update 28 - Conquest of Arabia

UO0001.jpg

I would rather starve garrison of this city but Baktrians launched another offensive so we have to deal with them fast.

UO0002.jpg

They know they are doomed so they summoned Daedra princes to fight us.

UO0003.jpg

UO0005.jpg

And to slave market they go. Baktrian government buildings have same culture as ours (eastern greek) so we leave them alone for a while and continue our advance as soon as population calms down.

UO0006.jpg

Cool guys of Epeiros decided to give us Pella without need of sieging it.

UO0007.jpg

They brought some heavy weapons though.

UO0008.jpg

UO0009.jpg

They hit, but killed only 2 guys.

UO0010.jpg

Stone throwers didn't help them much and Pella is ours.

UO0011.jpg

I think it may take us a while to calm Pella enough to move our army out of it.

UO0001.jpg

Carthaginians tries to take Kyrene again. This time they have much better force though.

UO0002.jpg

They even have Sacred Band.

UO0003.jpg

Sacred Band are not Cataphracts so they can't do much in street fighting.

UO0004.jpg

As you can see I send Sarpedon conquering shit leaving our eastern cities completely open, it's quite risky but it saves us some time and I trust my garrisons.

UO0005.jpg

Ok, that was pretty close, mostly because completely retarded pathfinding and AI of phalanx formation, but I should not bitch abour it when I use cheesy tactics of defending towns with phalangitai.

UO0006.jpg

We can build our best government type in Pella, which is very strange because we couldn't do that in asia minor. I don't think that Level 1 Gov automaticly equals full acess to faction units but one can hope (our closest recruitement center from here is in Ipsos).

UO0007.jpg

I tried to attack sand niggers army but we run out of move points. Maybe they will attack (I doubt it though).

Fight me ye cunt!

UO0008.jpg

Another Baktrian attack.

UO0009.jpg

Pretty high loses but we did it.

UO0010.jpg

And I turned our "small army" into "cheapo army" because I don't like big Sauromatae presence near Kotais. Like all horse niggers, they are plotting our downfall, I just know it.

UO0001.jpg

We finally managed to force this turbanheads army to attack us. They were chilling around mountains/hills area so I didn't want to attack them and just followed them making myself as much nuisance as I could.

UO0002.jpg

We have cataphracts and elephants, they have goofballs with spears, which is better and why? DISCUSS!

UO0003.jpg

Terrain is quite nice also.

UO0004.jpg

And this day, like any other day, is a good day to kill some sand niggers.

UO0005.jpg

Fucking ethiopians charged our elephants and routed upon contact.

UO0006.jpg

Elephants are fragile creatures, you can't just fucking charge them with spears, that might make them nevrous.

UO0008.jpg

Then turban medium cavalry accepted charge by two units of Kataphraktoi.

UO0009.jpg

And got completely destroyed, surprising absolutely no one.

UO0010.jpg

And now let's do this hammah and da anvil.

UO0011.jpg

Ethiopians regrouped but our elephants are still angry at them.

UO0013.jpg

Ethipians think this fight is "evenly matched". I don't share their opinion.

UO0014.jpg

And then our Kataphraktoi charged and we had simultanous rout.

UO0015.jpg

Not as much loses as last time because faction armies don't have insane experience "eleutheroi" have.

UO0016.jpg

Elephants gained experience, sweet.

UO0017.jpg

Makedonia broke alliance with us when we got attacked by carthage and now they want to be our bros again. We declined because we actually DO need Lesbos to win the game. Then Makedonia declared war on us blocking our port.

UO0019.jpg

Meanwhile, Sarpedon continues to remove Baktria from the premises by sieging city near India.

UO0021.jpg

Makedonians landed in asia minor and besieged Pergamon. That's quite bad because Pergamon garrison is horrible.

UO0022.jpg

And Epeirotes decided to siege Pella, we will have to sally forth because I don't want to lose men to starvation.

UO0023.jpg

UO0024.jpg

It was actually quite tought because Epeirotes have 2 units of elite phalangites and those guys are rapists. I really hope we will be able to recruit our faction units (or some kind of phalangitai) in Pella. Also, our economy is in good shape again so I decided to recruit another cheapo army to take care Makedonians or Armenians.

exe

Augur
Oh, I remember the AI. Send one ship and start war to blockade one port for one turn, then leave again and do nothing.
When I played it, my fav mod was Roma Surrectum (2?), EB ran like shit and needed like 5 min to even load so I never bothered.

Oh hai guise, we had rebellion in Baktra and it spawned this:

UO0008.jpg

Yup, doomstack with 6 units of armoured elephants. This fucking game...

Oh, I remember the AI. Send one ship and start war to blockade one port for one turn, then leave again and do nothing.
When I played it, my fav mod was Roma Surrectum (2?), EB ran like shit and needed like 5 min to even load so I never bothered.

That's true, EB does have quite long loading times but having PC decades old improved my patience so I don't mind it. I always keep some books near me when I play games to have something to do during loading times. I finished two books playing Witcher... but never finished damn game. I actually never played Roma Surrectum because of those damn "RS environment" which lags my PC and don't look that great (I never played RS but other mods use those).

Update 29 - Conquest of Arabia

UO0001.jpg

Our new neighbours tries to take our shit again. They brought only one ram so it should be rape.

UO0002.jpg

yup.

UO0003.jpg

Ok, this will also rape but this time we are going to be raped.

UO0004.jpg

Yeah, this garrison was "designed" to keep people in line, not to actually defend this city. Doesn't matter, we shall take it back soon (our cheapo army is marching this way).

UO0005.jpg

Jesus christ, Carthage. You have no business in Kyrne and I need it to win this campaign, leave it alone will ya?

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

Fucking Baktra rebelled back to Baktria.

UO0008.jpg

And rebellion spawned doomstack with 6 armoured elephants units... I actually don't know what to say.

UO0001.jpg

Epeirotes are assualting walls of Tylis. We have only three units of celtic levy spearmen there and those guys are one of the wrost units in the game (if not actually THE worst).

UO0002.jpg

I decided to use "minimal UI" which I didn't like so much at first but then I realized it's pretty much UI from original Medieval Total War. You have to use key short-cuts to give orders but you can see more, which is nice.

UO0003.jpg

Statwise those guys look "ok" but they drop like fucking flies and have morale of... celts. Europa Barbarorum does not share CA opinion that "barbarians" were neanderthals with axes that run away upon contact with roman uber-manschens but thing is, pretty much every chroniclers of era agreed in one thing about celts - they had crap morale, if they did not brake their enemy in first charge, they run away. Sweboz (ze germans) for example, have great morale and it's easier to kill them than rout them, same goes for Getai. Morale of celtic levies is horrible but Celts have much better weapons and armors and have access to professional soldiers later in the game (which Getai and Sweboz do not).

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

Fortunately, Epeirotes run out of infantry sooner than we did and they have to bugger off.

UO0008.jpg

Our cheapo army finished starving Ani-Kamah. We are huge but still have ways to go, why they didn't fucking poison this Alexandros guy earlier?

UO0009.jpg

Tylis is raging, if they don't stop in two turns we may have another "rebellion" stack full of fucking elephants.

UO0010.jpg

Now we have to lift siege of Pella.

UO0011.jpg

They had two units of phalangitai here, we shot them with archers and they just decided to go away.

UO0012.jpg

Sarpedon conquered another Baktrian city. It's nice and all but this doomstack of elephants is waltzing around somwhere waiting for good time to strike and ruin our fucking day.

UO0014.jpg

Now Pella is besieged by Koinon Hellenon and I have my doubts about our chances to win this siege.

UO0015.jpg

Turban Removal Army have really hard time crossing the desert, fortunately (or un-fortunately) there is no attrition in RTW so they will be fine.

UO0016.jpg

Baktrians launched some counter attack but I don't think that's this elephants stack so Antiocheia-Margiane should be fine.

UO0017.jpg

And we met another Turban stack.

UO0018.jpg

Goofballs with spears. Actually, we are also goofballs with spears, only hypaspistai use swords as their primary weapon. But we are GLORIOUS goofballs.

UO0019.jpg

UO0020.jpg

I fucking hate those guys. They are skirmishers light-infantry but they are tought as nails and can wipe the floor even with cataphracts.

UO0021.jpg

Kretans already have some fun. Our hellenic "toxotai" are absolutely horrible archers but we have quite easy acces to kretans.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

Smash.

UO0024.jpg

Our elite right flank engaged turban elite left flank. It's not very fair fight since even nobles in arabia don't have access to anything better than leather armor.

UO0025.jpg

And now our left (cavalry flank) is getting ready to smash the shit out of sand niggers.

UO0026.jpg

Bad thing is, turban archers decided to target our Kretan's and we are loosing them fast. I could simply order my phalanx to advance crushing everything in their way but I decided to let my elites deal with turbans.

UO0027.jpg

Which is GLORIOUS but stupid idea.

UO0028.jpg

UO0030.jpg

Yup, those arabian light infantry are killing our elephants left and right in fucking melee.

UO0031.jpg

Elephants broke, but they are not running amok yet.

UO0032.jpg

Ok, now they are running amok... behind our fucking lines.

UO0034.jpg

But our cavalry saved the day and asses of our elite hypaspistai and thorakitai argyraspides. Who would have tought that we will see the day when Seleukid cavalry saves Seleukid infantry?

UO0035.jpg

Loses don't look that bad, but most casualties are archers and elites, two types of units I don't want to lose. I don't really give a fuck about elephants because they are here only for BLING.

UO0036.jpg

Yeah, I think the elephants are gone. But do not thing that elephants are shit, I just don't know how to use them. Elephants and chariots can be completely devastating if used properly, unfortunately I never learned to use them.

UO0037.jpg

Our cheapo army reached Pergamon and Makedonians try to lift the siege.

UO0038.jpg

They are lacking in BLING! factor but they can get the job done.

UO0039.jpg

We have some Thureophoroi which were first hellenic experiment with more flexible formation than phalanx. Experiment must have been quite sucessful since Thureophoroi then evolved into heavier Thorkaitai and then even Argyraspides were turned into Thorakitai instead of phalangitai.

UO0040.jpg

UO0041.jpg

Pretty high loses but Makedonians had simply better troops here.

UO0042.jpg

ENSLAVE.

UO0044.jpg

And then Koinon Hellenon attacked Pella and I will have to turn battle time limit back on because fighting hoplitai with titatnium bones takes too much time.

UO0001.jpg

Oh, Theodoros died and now Sarpedon is our Basileus. That's not good because I kept Theodoros in Byzantion to keep population there calm.

UO0002.jpg

Yeah, Byzantion is raging as fuck and we will have rebellion doomstack here if we won't calm them in two turns.

Kipeci

Arcane
I got this game with the steam sale and managed to add on the mod. I tried a game with Hayasdan which seemed at first to go well, I kept up the alliance and trade with the Seleukids as I attempted to expand into the Caucasus. Then, as the Seleukids were fragmenting on most of their fronts, they determined that landing a doomstack in the capital of their only remaining ally was more of a priority than not losing persia. The other times I've tried have gone about as poorly.

While I'm sure that the Seleukid Empire gets loads more cash than a podunk mountain kingdom satrapy, now I find it much more impressive that as everyone in the world attacked you you've managed to conquer so much and balance your accounts with a minimum of sudden elephant rape. :bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom