Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Sweboz)

Update 16 - Update without a name.

UO0001.jpg

We will finally be able to recruit Celto-Germanic spearmen in Tolosa. MIC required to recruit them is expensive as balls but we need those guys, badly.

UO0002.jpg

Dalmonion is under siege and we will have to storm the walls because Romans are bringing rape train to Illyria.

UO0003.jpg

What a cocky bastards. Arverni feel so strong after their last victory that they attacked Agilaz.

UO0004.jpg

Aww crap. I learned to like forest battles during this LP but I still seriously suck at them.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

- Arverni are coming!

UO0007.jpg

Their cavalry is already here. But they were fucking unlucky and charged straight into hidden Speudogordoz.

UO0008.jpg

We have to accept javelin exchanges because I'm not good enough to control what's going on during forest battles.

UO0009.jpg

But I can still do some flanking from time to time.

UO0011.jpg

If I knew that we will be fighting in forests I would brought more Cherusci, not that they are any better in woods than our other guys but it just feel right for them to fight in the forest.

UO0013.jpg

I think Arverni have enough.

UO0014.jpg

Only one unit of Neitos keeps fighting, fortunately they stumbled on Sloxonez (clubmen) and Agilaz himself is getting ready butt-rape them.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

High losses but I can't see shit in forest.

UO0001.jpg

We are no longer most advanced faction :lol:

UO0002.jpg

Romans smuggled some reinforcements but they are too late. Our siege towers are ready and we can finally take Masallia after three sieges.

UO0003.jpg

But we have to beat garrison first.

UO0004.jpg

Romans have hastati and principes on walls left to the gateway so we will order or right tower to go first.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Our Expendables Raetian allies reached the walls.

UO0009.jpg

And Hastati and principes are leaving their position so we can order left tower to attack.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

Now we can wish our wall rapists "good luck" and go straight to the center of the city.

UO0014.jpg

UO0015.jpg

First we have to kill Ligurian mercenaries but that won't be a problem.

UO0018.jpg

Now we send our naked weirdos to capture every tower on the way to city center so they won't rape our main attack force.

UO0020.jpg

And final strike begins.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

UO0025.jpg

UO0027.jpg

And Masallia is finally ours!

UO0028.jpg

And it get's it's population enslaved and infrastructure destroyed because they have wrong culture.

UO0029.jpg

Now we have to take Dalminion because Roman rape train arrived.

UO0001.jpg

Rhompaia hitting ass and legs OMG itz hevun. We have some Bastarnae mercenaries and it reminded me that we have to conquer Gawjam-Bastarnae (currently owned by Sauromatae) to fullfil our victory conditions.

UO0002.jpg

UO0003.jpg

Occupy. Population is low here and we need Illyria STRONG! to help us fight romans.

UO0004.jpg

Mediolanum is under siege but it was able to defend itself against much scarier armies than this one.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Ve better not screw up zis time.

UO0003.jpg

It's exaclty same place we got our asses handed to us last time. But this time we have hill advantage because*.

*I think I wanted to explain WHY we have hill advantage but then forgot to do it. This random "because" looks cute so I decided to leave it but future me don't remember why we have hill advantage.

UO0004.jpg

I dispached some of our soldiers to deal with relieve force while rest waits for Gergovia garrison.

UO0007.jpg

Unfortunately one large unit of Brihentin (Celtic general bodyguard, heavy cavalry) avoided engagemnt and it looks like it will have fun time charging us from behind and downhill.

UO0008.jpg

We managed to stop them from charging us but we still fight them uphill.

UO0009.jpg

But relieve force got smashed and we can deal with Brihentin becasue gergovia garrison is too busy chasing our skirmishers around.

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

Fucking barbarian sandwich.

UO0013.jpg

Arverni general is dead (I think it was actually the king*) and we can prepare to fight Gergovia garrison.

I rarely click on "enemy general fallen" message because EB crashed ONCE long time ago when I did this and I'm still fucking paranoid.

UO0014.jpg

UO0016.jpg

Our soldier are tired but we have terrain advantage and Arverni are also not exactly fresh after chasing our slingers around.

UO0017.jpg

I have no idea if light spear used overhand gives any bonuses against cavalry but I always tell soldiers to use them anyway (if they have those as secondary weapon).

UO0018.jpg

And there goes another general.

UO0019.jpg

Our cavalry was fighting Gaulic Leuce Epos and I thought Ridjonez have no chance but fuckers are winning.

UO0020.jpg

And then mass rout started after death of last general.

UO0023.jpg

Huge losses but fuck it, Gergovia is ours.

UO0024.jpg

And it gets expeled because for some reason we can sustain 20k population even in our germanic holdings (farming there suck balls).

UO0025.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

That's vat you get for messing wiz us. NAO YOU ARE TURKEY!

Update 17 - Their finest hour

UO0002.jpg

We have new army around Mediolanum. I tried to scare off roman army that is besieging the city but they are not afraid of us so this army will just stand here and assist in defence of Mediolanum.

UO0001.jpg

Or not. Romans brought more soldiers and our army had to retreat. Now Mediolanum will be attacked by two armies and is without reinforcements.

UO0003.jpg

This abomination will defend against roman attack in the west. That's not many soldiers but romans have only one ram here so we should be fine.

UO0004.jpg

We will use standard hill defence against army in the east because they have too many rams to defend the walls.

UO0006.jpg

SMASH! let the rape begin!

UO0008.jpg

Shit, this looks funny... retarded, but funny.

UO0009.jpg

KEKEKEKEKE.

UO0010.jpg

Romans have almost twice as many men as we do but they still managed to get their retarded asses (almost) surrounded.

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Few Hastati tried to get to town center by different route but we fortunately had some reserves.

UO0013.jpg

Roman army in the east is pretty much gone, they don't have general so their morale suffers.

UO0014.jpg

Yup. We collapsed on them and they are fleeing.

UO0015.jpg

Romans in the west keeps fighting but they are exhausted ("Hold Formation" is OP as fuck, our guys are still "fresh") and they will soon break.

UO0016.jpg

Now we just have to butt-rape Hastati that tried to sneak in...

UO0017.jpg

And shit is over, they got RAPED!

UO0019.jpg

Heroic RAPE!.

UO0020.jpg

And we can into space again.

UO0001.jpg

Now we try to be sneaky in Illyria. Conquering both Segestica and Dalminion was a "pure win" for us because both towns had mines already build so we make a lot of money from it without any investment on our part. Obiously, I don't want to lose those mines but we need to try putting a dent on roman rape train here. So we hide in the woods and hope that romans will stumble upon us while having a stroll.

UO0002.jpg

We also put our army dangerously close to Segesta to give romans reason to move some of their soldiers out of Illyria.

UO0003.jpg

... Or force them to attack us with some makeshit army.

UO0004.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Gods have us hill, good luck Itlioans!

UO0006.jpg

-FVVVVVVVVVVVV

UO0009.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Sweboz soldier models are considerably bigger than romans, but Chatti guys are fucking gigantic, they are even bigger than most of Sweboz.

UO0013.jpg

- Nasty Little Hobbitses!

UO0018.jpg

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Italioans reinforced Segesta. Ve killed thousand of zem but that's nothing, one season vill pass and zey vill enlist 10 times as many. Ve need to keep pushing so ve are going to try zis...

UO0002.jpg

We besieged Segesta and build a fort to block romans from attacking our besieging army from behind. I hope it will work because we had to use both our bridge-raping squads and some Mediolanum garrison to man this fortification, if it falls romans will have road to masilla open. It's not really "Segesta or bust" because we are rich enough to shit out more armies at this point, if we fail it will be simply another failed offensive that's put as back to where we were couple turns before.

UO0001.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

I think ve just made romans shit their pants*.

philosoraptor_701035_480x300_v2.jpg

Since romans didn't wear pants, could they technically shit themselves? Oh the mysteries...

UO0002.jpg

And I also decided to siege Vindobona so romans will have to send reinforcements in two directions.

UO0003.jpg

Thanks to our fort they could not attack us from behind but that's still bad. I will see if we got a hill that we can camp on, try to do some damage and retreat if shit's got bad (we can retreat since our back is safe)

UO0004.jpg

There is wooded hill here but it's very close to where romans will deploy se we may have fight for it.

UO0005.jpg

Actually, Segesta garrison arrived right away so knowing how retarded AI is it probably will be more important for romans to join forces than not to fight uphill.

UO0008.jpg

Ok, after years of playing this game AI still can suprise me with its stupidity. Captain Tiberius could wait for Aurelius Cotta forces but he decided to go down and join them, this means they will be forced to climb this hill twice.

UO0009.jpg

- Let's charge those slingers uphill in the woods! what could possibly go wrong?!

UO0010.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Vell, zis for example Herr Cotta.

UO0011.jpg

UO0014.jpg

You can always count on roman cavalry to do some stupid shit, but their infantry usually can save the day, we have to charge pedites extraordinary with clubs.

UO0015.jpg

mistake.JPG

UO0016.jpg

On the other hand, it's hard to fight uphill and when you have to stand on friends corpses.

UO0017.jpg

Romans decided to throw most of their troops on our right flank and some units tries to flank us going through our center. They don't know that we have complete battle line, only hidden.

UO0018.jpg

UO0020.jpg

Now we can collapse our center on clusterfuck in the right flank and bring troops from the left to cover us.

UO0022.jpg

Romans are exhausted, they have to climb this hill twice and then fight fresh troops on "guard mode".

UO0023.jpg

I initially put my cavalry with my skirmishers to lure away some roman soldiers, they did their job and now they are back...

UO0026.jpg

... with fury.

UO0027.jpg

What initially was just a hill defence to kill few romans turned into rape.

UO0028.jpg

Guys who were chasing our skirmishers are back, completely exhausted and with no chance to fight back other than throw few pila.

UO0029.jpg

They broke quickly and we told our cavalry to have some fun with routing romans.

UO0030.jpg

UO0031.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Zis vas our finst houer!

UO0032.jpg

It was indeed. Romans brought another legion but we are cocky bastards now and we are not going enywhere unless they kick us out of here.

Update 18 - Their finester hour

UO0002.jpg

While we were busy sticking our finger in the eye of rome, Lusotannan got steam-rolled by Qart-Hadast and now we border another fucking super-aggresive republic.

UO0003.jpg

Fortunately we finally can recruit some real soldiers around Gaul.

UO0004.jpg

Also, rape train arrived and we have to abandon idea of taking Vindobona. We will hide in the woods and see what happens.

UO0002.jpg

Sucesfull ambush, but romans still have 5:3 advantage.

UO0001.jpg

Or not. Game freezed during loading screen and I had to restart and reload. This time we failed to ambush romans but I'll get over it because we can retreat if this battle goes wrong.

UO0002.jpg

No hills, no woods, no nothing. We will shot romans a little and then we GTFO.

UO0003.jpg

We started running to thin red line and then roman general decided to charge our slingers, we are out of here but we are taking roman general with us.

UO0005.jpg

That's a dick move game, you said we can retreat on campaign map.

UO0006.jpg

Well, fuck... I guess we are staying afterall.

UO0007.jpg

But this dick is staying here with us!

UO0008.jpg

Quite a lot of romans decided to chase our skirmishers around but that's it for good news.

UO0009.jpg

Prime example of what we professionalls call "Clusterfuck".

UO0010.jpg

We managed to broke one unit of Triarii and now our bastarnae and cavalry are free to futtbuck romans.

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

Our mercenary gaullic cavalry is routing romans left and right.

UO0016.jpg

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Well, I'll be fucking damned.

UO0021.jpg

UO0022.jpg

And we can't retreat now. Shit's over for this guys :salute:

UO0023.jpg

UO0024.jpg

UO0026.jpg

UO0029.jpg

UO0031.jpg

UO0032.jpg

UO0033.jpg

Aigilazters.JPG

... Our finst vctrey since last one.

Romans didn't dare to attack our army besieging Segesta this time and we managed to build siege towers.

Aigilaz.JPG

Begin assault!

UO0023.jpg

High losses but we can replenish our force by taking some soldiers from our Little Fort that Fucks With Rome.

UO0024.jpg

And Segesta get's it's ass enslaved because culture is bleh and people are unhappy.

UO0025.jpg

Meanwhile, our Illyrian army saved by Leubaweniz tactical genius is waiting for reinforcements from Dalminion. Also, Segestica is under siege but it have good enough garrison to defend itself.

UO0001.jpg

Up north, Casse would fucking LOVE to attack us but they just don't know how to boat.

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

You better have some elephants with you because otherwise we gon fuck you up...

UO0003.jpg

Shit, romans had hidden army somwhere around. We have to retreat.

UO0004.jpg

Ok, that's doable.

UO0006.jpg

UO0007.jpg

Segesta got besieged but we have huge garrison there.

UO0008.jpg

And I took last Carthaginian "proposal" as a war declaration and we are preparing armies to ruin their fucking day.

UO0001.jpg

It's this dickhead again. No, I don't want to ambush him, we need our Illyrian reinforcements.

UO0002.jpg

That's better.

UO0015.jpg

I'm not a guy who use one tactic because it works. I use one tactic UNTILL it works. I never played against human player so I'm inflexible as hell. Only difference is that, with this army, I use "guard mode" and accept roman pila throw. We have shitton of initial casualties but then romans get tired and break easily.

UO0003.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Gutentag Phoenixians. I arrived to tell you zat NO ONE FUCKING THRETEANS ZE SWEBOZ AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!

UO0004.jpg

They were asking for it. Just like romans when they decided to waltz straight into our clay long time ago.

UO0007.jpg

We told romans besieging Segestica to fuck off and Leubaweniz finally have real army. I'm pretty sure he is best general I ever had in Europa Barbarorum.

Update 19 - Lesson in Humility

UO0001.jpg

Romans are ready to attack Segesta. There is absolutely no point in defending walls when you have anything better than palisade. AI goes apeshit on siege equipement and you simply can't defend everything. But why should you when you can just defend town square and let your towers rip attackers to shreds? (AI don't bother caputring them).

UO0002.jpg

2 sap points are completely uncessary and it means two exhausted unit almost straight away. Also, rams have absolutely no chance to even reach the gates and that's good for attackers because if they would try to go through the gate boiling oil would kill them.

UO0003.jpg

Our archers and slingers are not very useful in defending city (I know it's sound strage but that's the truth) so we will put them on walls for a while.

UO0004.jpg

Machine gun ballistas on siege towers will kill couple of them but whatever, let dem slingers have some fun.

UO0005.jpg

Rams are destroyed so no boiling oil for them. Lucky bastards.

UO0007.jpg

Then we tell our skirmishers to fall back to town square and let the real men do their job.

UO0008.jpg

Tiberius Cornelius Blasio get's what he deserves for attacking city with full stack in it.

pickpocket.JPG

UO0012.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Segesta traditional germanic clay Italioans. You can't have it.

UO0013.jpg

This stack doesn't fucking feel like making same mistake Tiberius made.

UO0014.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

And now it's time to teach ze Phoenixians a lesson in humelty...

UO0001.jpg

We use our celto-germanic dudes for the first time. They look allright and that does matter since we will be staring at them a lot. Unfortunately they are one of few "mute" units in EB.

UO0002.jpg

Fucking huge losses but they had some really experienced units here.

UO0003.jpg

Emporion is happy so they won't get enslaved. Most of instrastructure will be destroyed though.

UO0004.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

BULLSHIT!

UO0005.jpg

This will even out his command rating but his men will still have -2 morale.

UO0003.jpg

Leubaweniz have new army so we can start another attack on Vindobona. But first we have to deal with this roman "all over the place" army.

UO0005.jpg

UO0006.jpg

Meanwhile in Iberia...

UO0007.jpg

UO0008.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Oh crap...

UO0009.jpg

Son of Aigilaz - Hrabanaz is an adult now. Right in time to get raped by elephants...

UO0010.jpg

Vindobona garrison is sallying.

UO0011.jpg

Garrison is weak, our main concern are roman reinforcements behind us.

UO0012.jpg

For the first time in this campaign we have advantage at javelin exchange. That's very nice feeling.

UO0014.jpg

Garrison left the city too early and we managed to break them before reinforcements arrived. Now... we must get inside the city.

UO0016.jpg

UO0017.jpg

And capture all gates.

UO0020.jpg

All their gates are belong to us.

UO0024.jpg

Now we just storm the town square.

UO0025.jpg

City is ours and reinforcements can suck it.

UO0027.jpg

UO0028.jpg

Occupy, maybe we can recruit something here.

UO0001.jpg

I don't think Ptolemaioi will help Lusotannan much against Carthage.

UO0003.jpg

Emporion is under siege and our second Iberian army can't help them this turn.

UO0004.jpg

I thought about waiting this siege out but Carthaginians are bringing another two stacks here so we will be outnumbered even when our second army arrives. We have to sally.

UO0005.jpg

They have elephants, two units of elite phalangites and two units of elite heavy armoured liby-phoenician infantry. Also, whole metric shitton of skirmishers and archers. Their army is basically counter for our army.

UO0006.jpg

We have only one anti-armor units so those guys will be a problem.

UO0008.jpg

Javelins and arrows also will be a problem se we put our skirmishers in front to catch some javelins for the team and maybe even kill few africans.

UO0009.jpg

Then some bullshit skirmish broken out between our skirmishers and african archers.

UO0011.jpg

Our guys won and now we make few fake cavalry charges to make africans waste some of their javelins.

UO0015.jpg

And now I did something potentialy stupid - I decided to split our army in two. Hrabanaz will take few units and will try to kill liby-phoenician elite infantry while Aigilaz and rest of our army fend off phalanx and elephants.

UO0017.jpg

Hrabanaz managed to insolate and surround liby-phoenicians. They are badly outnumbered but still will slaughter the shit out of our men because those guys are though. They can walk through Argyraspides phalangitai like it's nothing (and they did once in my Arche Seleukeia LP but I don't know if I showed it to you).

UO0018.jpg

But Africans just left them to die.

UO0021.jpg

Now Hrabanaz will engage their left flank basically to keep them occupied while Aigilaz orders general charge.

UO0022.jpg

UO0023.jpg

UO0026.jpg

- Otto?
- Ja?
- Ze fuck is that?

UO0027.jpg

UO0028.jpg

Both carthaginians flanks are engaged and phalanx in the center don't know what to do with themselves.

UO0029.jpg

Now we can only wait and see who comes out on top.

UO0030.jpg

Carthaginian general is dead and some of their units are fleeing.

UO0032.jpg

But phalanx decided to keep fighting and since we don't have anything anti-armor near we will have to slowly mow them down.

UO0035.jpg

Fact that they put their phalanx backwards helps a little though.

UO0037.jpg

UO0038.jpg

Not the most glorious victory but their army is dead and ours is not. And that's all that matters now.

UO0039.jpg

Hrabanaz should get that, he basically flanked carthaginians with handful of soldiers and survived.

UO0040.jpg

We recruited some mercenaries and now we wait for upcoming shitstorm (next carthaginian stack have 3 units of elephants).

Update 20 - Lesson in Humility

UO0001.jpg

Romans are sending armies to retake Vindobona so we must take care of those smaller stacks around Pannonia.

UO0002.jpg

We have a bit of rag-tag army but I'm no longer afraid of fighting romans in open field.

UO0008.jpg

It was basically battle for nothing so no point showing you it. We had some casualties because romans are romans. We can beat them but it still don't come easy.

UO0009.jpg

Romans made fatal mistake and left Bononia exposed. Armies around Patavium are cut off by Mediolanum garrison standing on river crossing but they have one free army in italia and it will probably try to relieve the city.

UO0010.jpg

Yup, they did.

UO0011.jpg

Terrain is flat and we have mostly Alpine phalanx so we severly lack in shock units. But Alpine phalanx have some armor (linothorax) and they actually can survive pila throw. We will put most of our soldiers in guard mode, wait for romans to engage us and then attack them from behind with couple units that are hidden in woods. Also, we have a lot of slingers so maybe romans will waste their stamina chasing them.

UO0012.jpg

They are better equiped but it won't mean anything thanks to guard mode hax.

UO0014.jpg

- I'm fvcking sick of those goddamn skirmishers!

UO0015.jpg

As you can see on the minimap, romans ordered Pedites Extraordinary to charge us while hastati and principes are chasing our skirmishers around.

UO0016.jpg

And most of pedites charged exactly where we wanted them to be.

UO0017.jpg

Romans broke very easily considering that they had captain near.

UO0019.jpg

UO0020.jpg

And now we just surround dudes that are not chasing our slingers.

UO0023.jpg

And shits over. Apparantely romans had cellphones or something because hastati that chase our slingers around know that battle is lost and are also routing.

UO0024.jpg

Now we need to clean up this mess and make sure that no roman will reach Bononia.

UO0025.jpg

UO0026.jpg

Way to Boninia is clear but it's still roman turn and they try to save it by crossing a river. We knew they will do that so we put Mediolanum garrison on only river crossing around here (And I'm ignorant fuck so I don't even know what river it is). Battle calculator says we are screwed but it doesn't know that river crossing battles are almost as bad for attacker as bridge battles.

UO0002.jpg

UO0005.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Zey cannot pass!

UO0006.jpg

Cnaeus Cornelius Blasio won't ever reach Bononia and I don't think his soldiers will either.

UO0009.jpg

They almost went around our right flank but then their own right broke.

UO0010.jpg

And rest of roman soldiers soon followed.

UO0011.jpg

UO0012.jpg

This army won't stop us from entering Bononia but they still have some troops around.

UO0013.jpg

And apparently they are not very fond of them and want them to die at this river.

UO0001.jpg

Then another similar army attacked us again and they also got slaughtered.

UO0004.jpg

Bononia is ours and it gets enslaved.

UO0005.jpg

Germania STRONG! and SMART! and now even BIG!

UO0006.jpg

Segestica is no longer under siege because romans have bigger problems now than fucking losing Illyria and Pannonia.

UO0001.jpg

But we have some problems in the west. In my infinite wisdom I decided to put our second army under command of exhausted, crippled dude so they won't reach
Carthaginians anytime soon.

UO0002.jpg

Romans think they have too many armies and decided to throw one away by assaulting Segesta again.

UO0003.jpg

This is worst fucking siege I ever saw.

UO0004.jpg

They are lucky they have some sap points.

UO0005.jpg

Now they should be in some serious shit after losing this army.

UO0006.jpg

They have some armies left but they shall soon lose them because we are bringing serious reinforcements to northern Italy.

UO0007.jpg

Blothabrandaz finally reached besieged Emporion. Carthaginians want to fight though.

UO0008.jpg

That's the only scary unit they have here. Rest of their army are light cavalry and Garamantian tooth faeries.

UO0010.jpg

Light cavalry won't even reach our spearwall, slingers are raping the shit out of them.

UO0013.jpg

Well, captain Xenophanes decide that it will be best to just charge our spearmen with cavalry.

UO0014.jpg

It didn't worked and he died. Now rest of carthaginian army is bugging out.

UO0016.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

Kaptain Xenofages honorable Afrikaneer. He knew he cannot into victrey so he suicided himself and told his men to retreat.

UO0001.jpg

Now we give mr. Cripple's army to Aigilaz and wait for Carthaginians to make a move.

UO0002.jpg

We had option to ambush this dude but I don't want to ambush guy with 3 units of elephants. I would rather defend a hill and wait till dem 'fants become tired and useless.

UO0003.jpg

And that's what we are going to do.

UO0005.jpg

I learned that archers are useless against elephants during my Arche Seleukeia LP so let's see how slingers will do against them.

UO0006.jpg

Pretty fucking good. They are running amok.

UO0007.jpg

Cavalry is mad because of this so we have to retreat to our hill.

UO0010.jpg

And carthaginian army have to go through two units of pissed elephants ohohohohoho.

UO0011.jpg

Our spearmen were hidden so carthaginian cav didn't knew it's going straight into a trap.

UO0013.jpg

Spearmen are all kinds of allright in the center so our celtic servants allies can deal with enemy skirmishers.

UO0015.jpg

UO0016.jpg

Now Hrabanaz will charge carthaginian right flank and then collapse on their center.

UO0017.jpg

... Well, he collapsed. But not on their center.

UO0018.jpg

But we avenged brave Hrabanaz.

UO0019.jpg

And Phoenicians are bugging out.

UO0021.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

General Humelker brave Afrikaneer. He killed my son but I ain't even mad.

UO0022.jpg

Getting beaten three times in the same place is not enough to make Carthaginians change their minds.

UO0001.jpg

UO0002.jpg

And then romans started their counter-offensive.

UO0003.jpg

By getting slaughtered at the bridge.

UO0001.jpg

We are gathering armies in northern Italy and Leubaweniz is getting ready to strike at Venetia. Romans launched counter-offensive but we all well entrenched (bridges and cities).

UO0002.jpg

In the west, Aigilaz continues his trail of elephant raping without his son (and without crippled dude because he also died).

Update 21 - Lesson in Humility

UO0001.jpg

We fought this guy already and he is not honorable afrikaneer (because he didn't die in battle).

UO0002.jpg

We have nice hill but we can't hide our troops here so we will be exposed to enemy skirmishers.

UO0006.jpg

Carthaginians decided to open this battle by charging their cavalry on our left flank.

UO0007.jpg

We have mostly short-swordsmen there so we have to use our iberian allies who were in our main spearwall.

UO0008.jpg

Then the rest of carthaginians started charging. We have hill advantage so we should be fine-ish in javelin exchange.

UO0010.jpg

UO0011.jpg

Those guys will be bitch to take out because we don't have anything anti-armor whatsoever.

UO0013.jpg

Enemy is concentrating his efforts on our right flank, we can't send anyone from spearwall so Aigilaz himself will have to make a difference there.

UO0014.jpg

Fucking elite liby-phoenicians, it's like poking tank with a spear.

UO0017.jpg

Aigilaz managed to rescue our right flank and main carthaginian attack broke after getting few javelins right in their faces. Unfortunately elite dorks decided to stay.

UO0020.jpg

We can keep poking those guys for hours so I'm getting Aigilaz out of there, no point in risking his life.

UO0022.jpg

They finally broke, but took quite a few of our guys with them.

UO0023.jpg

Costly victory.

UO0024.jpg

In the south, Bononia is under siege and romans are not building any siege equipment so they obviously try to starve the garrison. We have to abandon our bridge and try to rescue the city.

UO0025.jpg

And we also moved Aigilaz because those 3 stacks Carthaginian send at us are badly beaten up and we can finally threaten some of their possesions in Iberia.

UO0001.jpg

Agilaz got attacked by two armies, he can't defeat them but maybe we can drag them away from Bononia if we retreat.

UO0002.jpg

Ok, I didn't expect them to do that. They decided to attack Agilaz with army guarding Patavium. It's very risky on their part but they have better soldiers so only terrain advantage could help us...

UO0003.jpg

Dejavu, man.

UO0005.jpg

They tried to scout woods around them but they stopped after catching few devastating lead bullets volleys on their rear.

UO0006.jpg

They didn't like that and are charging blindly.

UO0007.jpg

We also had one unit of Norici in woods to our left and roman general stumbled upon them.

UO0008.jpg

Few roman units engaged our spearwall but we won't use our hidden reserves untill every roman unit is engaged.

UO0009.jpg

Shit, we are getting flanked and we still can't use our reserves.

UO0011.jpg

Ok, it's now or never.

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

UO0015.jpg

Awww yisss.

UO0016.jpg

And roman general is dead!

UO0018.jpg

Beautiful mass rout.

UO0019.jpg

Now we need to hunt down every survivor.

UO0020.jpg

UO0021.jpg

Patavium is defenceless. Bononia can still survive 9 seasons and that's enough for us to take Patavium and bring reinforcements.

UO0001.jpg

We brought another general to Iberia and now we have two fully operational armies here it means carthaginians will have to split their forces.

UO0002.jpg

Aigilaz.JPG

You are getting your asses kicked and you want US to be your protectorate? zis must be a jest!

UO0003.jpg

Nope, they are not joking.

UO0004.jpg

And they have some really experienced units.

UO0005.jpg

But we have hill so they can suck it.

UO0006.jpg

Our slingers are only anti-armor units we have so we must use them. Use the shit out of them.

UO0007.jpg

Oh hai Sacred Band. People on EB forum were dissapointed with how those guys look and even made couple mods to "fix them". They look fine to me, a little bit too much white on them but otherwise it's ok.

UO0008.jpg

Ok, time for downhill javelin storm.

UO0009.jpg

Which will do jack shit to carthaginian tanks but maybe we will kill couple less armoured units.

UO0011.jpg

Now I'm trying to put our slingers behind liby-phoenicians because our guys with sticks can't do anything to them untill their morale breaks.

UO0013.jpg

Phoenician phalanx smashed into our center but exhausted phalangites fighting uphill are least deadly unit you can imagine.

UO0014.jpg

UO0015.jpg

Carthaginian center broke and everybody but tanks is bugging out.

UO0018.jpg

UO0019.jpg

Few guys managed to get away but we killed pretty much all their experienced tanks so our objective here is complete.

UO0020.jpg

That's the same place and Carthaginian army is much shittier so they gon get raped.

UO0021.jpg

They didn't even try to climb the hill. Our slingers raped the shit out of them and they retreated.

UO0001.jpg

Well, romans had army in venetia and I think we won't have to assault Patavium.

UO0002.jpg

We will swarm relieve force while our skirmishers keep garrison occupied.

UO0004.jpg

UO0006.jpg

Now we just regroup and wait for garrison to come to us.

UO0007.jpg

JAVELINS STORM! (That just bounces off roman armor)

UO0008.jpg

It looks like they are trying to run away. Nope guys, NO SURVIVORS!

UO0010.jpg

UO0012.jpg

UO0013.jpg

Patavium is unhappy but I don't want to completely depopulate it so we expel it.

UO0014.jpg

Meanwhile in the west, Carthaginians had Lusotannan rebellion behind their backs.

UO0015.jpg

Aigilaz besieged Velike.

UO0016.jpg

And our second army made move on Arse (ohohohoho).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom