Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Europa Barbarorum (Sweboz)

Fafnir

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
bump once more!

Update 35 MeatGrinder

1.jpg

We have to keep removing those annoying full-stacks in our land. I think this is last greek army but there is carthaginian one in Iberia.

2.jpg

Greeks have strange habit of attacking while they should be defending. I'm all for them doing that, it makes things easier.

3.jpg

Enemy general charged our left flank. Normally it would be not an issue but greek general bodyguard are bunch of badasses. Fortunately we have Woithiz Watha near, they don't have AP weapons but 20 attack is 20 attack.

4.jpg

Most dangerous greek units are being kept in one place so I decided to order our right flank to charge while rest remains in their positions.

5.jpg

Koinnon Hellenon CAN mount ridiculously good armies but in this campaign they insist in spamming Hoplitai Haploi and those guys can't do shit if there is no general near to boost their morale.

6.jpg

We sent our cavalry after fleeing enemy infantry and then just encircled greek general and phalanx unit.

7.jpg

8.jpg

I doubt they learned their lesson losing 5 full stacks and gaining absolutely nothing so we will keep Illyria well garrisoned.

1.jpg

We've dealt with our minor greek problem so we can start doing actually important shit.

2.jpg

Ok, this is not very important but cool nontheless.

3.jpg

UO0008.jpg

SWEBOZ RULE ZE WAVES!

4.jpg

Singidunum and Szermisegethuza are under siege now Getai will truly now how stupid it was to attack us (it's actually first war that we did not start).

5.jpg

Seriously? you try to relive the city with those guys? I'ts not gonna happen.

6.jpg

Thanks for the city!

7.jpg

Singidinum garrison ran out of food and is forced to sally forth.

8.jpg

They have some good units here but there is no chance for AI to sally sucessfuly.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

And we can start our enslave-fest.

1.jpg

We can recruit Scordisci Elite Infantry. I learned to respect those guys during my short-lived Romani campaign long ago when one unit of those guys slaughtered 4 units of Hastati which I sent at them because I didn't bothered to check what Scordisci deal is, I thought they are normal swordsmen. But no, they are rape incarnate.

2.jpg

... That's unexpected. I would actually like Baktria to become super-power and keep Ptolemaioi busy.

3.jpg

4.jpg

UO0008.jpg

SWEBOZ RULE ZE WAVES!

5.jpg

Also, I noticed that when Gawjam-Bastarnoz rebelled to us we gained ridiculous unit of Falxmen, 2 gold chevrons of experience and gold wapon/armor upgrade which you simply cannot have by normal means.

6.jpg

We keep eastern offensive rolling. Getai don't even seem to put any effort into defending themselves. Maybe they wan't us to kill them?

7.jpg

Our Army of Doom and Despair (tm) reached source of all evil in the world - homeland of Boii. Next turn we shall try to use our (or actually, yours) fort strategy.

1.jpg

But first we will take Naissos. I will do this battle myself because because aut-resolve would probably lose it.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I decided to do some risky shit. I managed to get our spy inside Eburonum and he opened gates for us.

5.jpg

This won't be pretty but we have to try anyway.

6.jpg

We have second army under AI command so won't have to deal with all enemies at once.

7.jpg

But still, this is a siege, we are at huge disadvantage.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Well, shit. Our guys routed and we have to retreat.

10.jpg

Seriously, fuck this gate. Let's try to get through other one.

11.jpg

Boii saw through our bullshit and managed to bring some defenders here.

12.jpg

But we can use our Guard Mode hax.

13.jpg

We are running out of time so there is no chance for us to take Eburonum. But we have to kill as many defenders as we can.

14.jpg

... Which won't be that many.

15.jpg

Well, that was fucking stupid idea.

16.jpg

LET'S DO IT AGAIN!

17.jpg

DIDN'T WORKED!

18.jpg

We killed Boii general so he respawned. Fortunately we severly weakened Eburonum garrison so we will try this shit again soon.

Don't panic Fafnir! I GOT THIS SHIT!

Eburonum garrison is down to half strength and I decided to screw "balanced armies" and recruited full stack of our Elite heavy infantry and Speudogordoz so I'm pretty sure we will be able to conquer Boii next time*. Unfortunately update may be "delayed" because It's incredibly hot today and I'm blessed with room that have windows facing directly where the sun shines.

* Unless our spy screws up, our best spy have only 65% chance of getting into Eburonum and 40% chance of opening gates for us.

Update 36 Sweboz Work is Never Done

1.jpg

I decided to attack Lucarottea even though Getai have few armies near. They will probably keep sending one army at a time so in worst case we will have to retreat.

2.jpg

3.jpg

They had extremely experienced soldiers here so we had more losses than I would have liked.

4.jpg

... Let's just retreat.

5.jpg

And now let's finish destruction of Carthaginian navy.

6.jpg

It says "ships sunk 0" but trust me, carthaginian ship went down. I don't think it was necessary but I thought it will be extremely cool to see former half-nomads buldings some kayaks and just destroying biggest fleet in the world. It was very satisfying. Also:

UO0008.jpg

SWEBOZ RULE ZE WAVES!

Thank you Aigilaz, you are best king ever. Unfortunately he is getting kinda old and his second son will soon take over.

7.jpg

War in the east continues and Getai are as incompetent at defending themselves as ever.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Getai from Lucarottea decided to chase our army. Fortunately our general retreated to river crossing... IT'S NOT MY FAULT, I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS!

10.jpg

And Getai army went POOF! as enemy armies tend to when they fight us on river crossings.

11.jpg

AI turn is over and we can enslave Sardike thanks to Getai failure to relieve it.

12.jpg

Armenia is dead. Now Ptolemaioi may be bored so it's only matter of time when they start going apeshit on other factions.

13.jpg

Nanthaeburaz recieved reinforcements and he can try to take Lucarottea again.

14.jpg

15.jpg

That's a very potato stack.

16.jpg

We fought here already and I don't like this place all that much. Doesn't matter though, I'm pretty sure we got this.

17.jpg

Non-Potato army attacked as first and got completely annihilated by glorious storm of javelins.

18.jpg

Now it's slav time! awww yeaah

19.jpg

Our soldiers fear cannibalistic potato but we keep general near to boost their morale.

20.jpg

They have one unit of Agema Orditon and potato spearmen are slightly better than our thracians here but we still have some good units and Guard Mode hax.

21.jpg

Commonwealth of Both Potatoes a little bit early.

22.jpg

But Kraut > Potato or Kvass and we just started mass-rout among our enemies.

23.jpg

24.jpg

1.jpg

I added few Dugunthiz to our Bastarnoz rebellion stack and decided to send it at Olbia. That's as far east as we are going to expand because I don't want to border Ptolemaioi.

2.jpg

Also, we almost finished recruiting our ridiculous anti-boii army. We will start process of conquering Eboronum just like we did (or failed to do) before, we shall send two full-stacks at it and if they fail our faction heir will lead this elite doom stack. And if that fails... we will do it again.

3.jpg

4.jpg

More failed Getai counter-offensives.

5.jpg

I would fucking give them those 16k mnai but I know they will attack as again anyway. So, nope.

6.jpg

Then our Bastarnoz destroyed one Getai army and are sieging Olbia.

1.jpg

Getai showed off their incompetence again and gave us Buridava with another fail-relieve.

2.jpg

Also, I just noticed that taking Olbia will make us border Ptolemaioi... let's not do that and go somwhere else.

1.jpg

Pontos asked us for alliance and we agreed, because why not? This alliance also ended our war with Carthage.

2.jpg

Our spy manage to get inside Eburonum again but failed to open gates for us, we are fucked.

3.jpg

Then we payed Greeks 16k mnai for ceasefire and trade right because fuck it, we can afford it.

4.jpg

Well, my pc can't handle this battle anyway so... autoresolve!

5.jpg

... I'm speachless.

6.jpg

7.jpg

FUCK YOU BOII!

1.jpg

And there I was, wondering "where the fuck is my victory screen?" and then EB was like: "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS SHIT AGAIN WITH CARRODUNUM LOLOLOLOLO!11!1".

Ackermanus

Educated
Serves you right for making me reinstall this after I thought I was done with RTW for good. And having to suffer through endless turns of dept as the Lusotannan only to find out my units are pretty crappy (especially the general's bodyguard). Anger.

Anyway, he who destroys an impregnable rebel city with respawning stacks of doom destroys another easily. Right?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
3.jpg

I still can't update this LP so I brought you picture of Fafnir appearing in my Soulblighter LP (Dwarven ghosts were not under our control so I couldn't manually change their names, this is complete coincidence)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom