Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Europa Universalis 2: Revenge of the Basques

IN EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 2, IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO AVOID PLAYING AS:

• Brandenburg

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • The Papal States

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Burgundy

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Eire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navarra

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If the game has a 'center on capital' thing you could make a gif morph showing off your conquests.

Infantryman

Scholar
Short update.

Chapter 6: Basques and Catalans… friends for life!

dQXxg.jpg

Peace at last! Time to settle matters at home.

zNwNU.jpg

Wonderful news! The Spanish rebels of Valencia have defected to Navarra! Being cut off from Spain, Catalonia is likely to maintain its independence.

I8dux.jpg

The costs of war were so high, that the Basques now find it difficult to contain all the ongoing rebellions.

Uja3z.jpg

To make matters worse, the new King sucks.

ED7Oi.jpg

Navarra has grown so big, it is difficult to control. It takes 2 years of full stability investment just to increase it by a notch. The math behind stability cost calculations suggests that it is mostly due to our excessively liberal and innovative policies, as well as the fact we control pagan provinces in Kwanzania. Maintaining stability in a province full of devilists is at least 5 times more expensive than the ones inhabited by good Christians.

c45n3.jpg

The King had to take a loan to fund export licenses to Burgundy, for otherwise the country’s stability would fall even further.

Zy7AC.jpg

It had to happen sooner or later. The rebels have declared independence. Fortunately for the Basques, they were trying to return the old ways of Indians rather than create a modern country.

Sje96.jpg

The King had to sign peace and recognize the legitimacy of the rebel state, because the war exhaustion in Europe was still extremely high. Navarra that managed to beat Spain, now has to fold under demands of some uncivilized barbarians…

UKN05.jpg

Good thing that stupid kings tend to die young. Henri II will be a decent ruler.

yo9Hb.jpg

As the time goes on, things gradually improve.

ilyqG.jpg

The Indians have grown extremely arrogant. With a proper casus beli, Navarra can declare war on them without losing stability.

Y0K2o.jpg

Navarra pays off its debts.

JJBmc.jpg

Another schism! The Basque nation remains loyal to the Pope.

WtZGG.jpg

Additional troops are sent to Kwanzania. Then, general Cassidy makes a triumphant return to Delaware, eradicating the country within a matter of days.

B5J6k.jpg

Things improve.

oXwzV.jpg

Cassidy embarks on another expedition.

o5Gpe.jpg

When everyone is convinced he had perished in the wilderness, Cassidy returns 8 years later having explored nearly entire North America. He will surely be remembered as the greatest explorer to have lived on earth!

hUz12.jpg

These were the good years. Navarra enjoyed peace and increasing prosperity.

OQjkQ.jpg

But being afraid of destabilizing the country, the King constantly had to make various concessions.

EQZNP.jpg

With Cassidy back, it’s time to finally wipe out the Iroquis. Even if it means making everyone butthurt because of the lack of proper casus beli.

zNNgF.jpg

The war itself wasn’t very interesting. Province after province, Cassidy’s columns destroyed every army or strongpoint on their way. The fools from Shawnee came to help Iroquis. Eventually, both were annexed. The green colour indicates lands now owned by the Basques.
e1bEd.jpg

After some intense colonial effort, the land connection between former Shawnee lands and coastal colonies has been established.

cePSm.jpg

Catalonia looks lonely… Let’s buy her a drink.

BNSP2.jpg

Few months later… :love:

TmLqX.jpg

Navarra and her bros in 1540.

TripJack

Hedonist
clearly his goal is to bring basque cultural enrichment to all corners of the earth :salute:

Wonder if this would be easier or harder on EU3...

In the last expansion Aragon declares war on you like 2 seconds into the game. You have a far smaller army and there is no time for diplomacy. So unlikely unless you cheat. Maybe in older versions, but I suck at this kind of games.

In the last expansion Aragon declares war on you like 2 seconds into the game. You have a far smaller army and there is no time for diplomacy. So unlikely unless you cheat. Maybe in older versions, but I suck at this kind of games.

What about mods? Magna Mundi, Mare Nostrum, etc?

Haven't played that much to know, sorry. I enjoy watching lps of these kind of games, but I can't into them.

Cassidy

Arcane
In Magna Mundi Navarra starts the game landlocked.

And it's Magna Mundi. Even Riga has better chances.

Infantryman

Scholar

Easier to survive, harder to grow big, I suppose. EU 3 has better checks and balances against quickly becoming a major empire, while the main problem with EU2 is that once you reach a certain critical mass, and keep the badboy low enough, you're basically invincible. Which is also exacerbated by the fact that the map mod I'm using increased the number of provinces, which means more money and more power for the countries, which given the AI's failings benefits the human player. I've found playing vanilla EU2 harder.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. Basically, in the hands of an experienced player, Infantryman's Navarra was unkillable by normal AI as soon as he gobbled up 1/3 of France then landed in the New World. Only a dogged and determined series of invasions would have worked, and the AI's attention span is flighty. Which is why I hope he goes for some wacky goals, e.g. 'roleplaying' Kings or having specific, weird projects - otherwise he'll just blob and blob.

Infantryman

Scholar
Well, there will be some blob-blobbing, but not that much because new European superpower will be emerging in the next chapter. Primary focus will be on Basque New World cultural and racial enrichment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom