Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Ivar the Boner, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Ok, it is this time of a year.

I'm still doing let's play of EB as Sweboz and this LP will not interfere with it at all because we are quite late in the campaign, game runs like crap and crashes every two battles so I don't think I can still keep posting one update of EB per day without killing someone. So I decided to finally LP Soulblighter. Why Soulblighter? Because I said I will and because it's my third favorite game ever made (After Fallout and Myth: TFL) and since I'm no-life who have been playing dem vidya games since I was a kid who couldn't yet read that says a lot, whole lot.

Now for story:

I could copypasta wikipedia article here but that would be professional and probably better for you so nope, I'm going to write what I think is happening. We stopped leveler, chopped his head off and chucked it into Great Devoid, so he should be gone now right? nope, that's what humanity been doing ever since fucker appeared and it never worked. But only 60 years have passed, not a thousand, it's not a time for another "circle" - that's actually true and it is simple, yet very important thing telling that Myth 2 is not about "evul returns lol, kill it plox".

Intro:
    Show Spoiler

I'm going to play on Legendary again but this time I will make Codexian Soldiers because I very much enjoyed getting you killed in The Fallen Lords, so, if anyone wants to die please tell me as whom. Your choice:

Warrior - We will use them from beginning to almost very end, they are our most simple, yet quite effective (well, as cannon fodder...) melee unit.

Archer - Basic range unit, using them properly is completely vital to finishing this game but they still can have quite high casualty rate.

Berserker - They come to the party a little later than warriors but are faster and deadlier. But they are still melee unit so they will drop like flies.

Heron Guard - Elite melee unit. Can't say anything else because they are extremely important to the plot.

Dwarf - Deadly as fuck molotov chucking artillery. But since they are so few I can't let many of them getting killed.

There are more units in Myth 2 but that's your choice. In first mission, which will be posted today-ish, I will use Codexers who were fighting Fallen Lords in my previous Myth LP. But you can become recruit after first mission.

----------------------------------
    Mission 1: Willow Creek
    Mission 2: Salvation
    Mission 3: Down a Broken Path
    Mission 4: Into the Breach
    Mission 5: The Baron
    Mission 6: Gonen's Bridge
    Mission 7: Beyond the Cloudspine
    Mission 8: The Great Library
    Mission 9: Gate of Storms
    Mission 10: Landing at White Falls
    Mission 11: Through the Ermine
    Mission 12: The Stair of Grief
    Mission 13: The Deceiver
    Mission 14: With Friends Like This
    Mission 15: Walls of Muirthemne
    Mission 16: The Ibis Crown
    Mission 17: Redemption
    Mission 18: The Relic
    Mission 19: The Summoner
    Bonus Mission: Limbs, Heads and Smoking Craters
    Mission 20: The Wall
    Mission 21: Shiver
    Mission 22: Twice Born
    Mission 23: The Forge
    ----------------------------------

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. Mrowak Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Mrowak
    Project: Eternity
    Oh, goody, goody good. :bounce:

I want to be a dragon in the first meatshield squad. Make me an Archer...

^ Top  
  3. Night Goat The Immovable Autism Patron No Fun Allowed

Night Goat
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Fuck yes, I love this game. Sign me up when you get the chance, I don't really care what unit I get.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    At last!

Sign me up as a Heron Guard

^ Top  
  5. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    Tindrli the dwarf

^ Top  
  6. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Willow Creek

Show Spoiler

Monday August 25, Near Willow Creek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I bet our narrator won't be so relaxed in future missions briefings. But anyway, we are part of Legion again, and we are here to watch for this village because peasants seems to be shitting their pants for some reason. We don't yet know why they are so afraid but will surely find out soon. Also, you may be surprised why Legion is still around because quite a few years passed since TFL events, and Legion was destroyed anyway. Well, Alric decided to call every Human army "Legion" now. Supposedly in honor of those who sacrificed themselves at Balor's keep walls.

[​IMG]

Never underestimate power of "Naming recruits after glorious elites of the past", this shit works and our small group is here to prove it. Among our recruits Legion members are

Mrowak - Bowmen. Fir'Bolg decided they have enough of fighting outside their homeland and they are no longer part of human armies. But they offered to teach humans their art and now humans have their own archers (who sports very spiffy facial hairs in honor of their teachers).

Azira, Eklektyk and Draq are back as warriors and this time I will try to keep them alive for longer than two missions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This guy is not kidding, town is really under attack and attackers don't look like brigands to me. Those dudes are ghasts, fresh undead that can later be turned into Wights. Ghast are weakest undead unit but they have quite interesting "lore" to them. Apparently, they still have some memories of their past lives and often wander around places they used to live in. They can even react to their names and recognize people they knew. This makes them confused as shit and that's why they attack so slowly. Their touch is paralyzing so leader of our archers - Mrowak, will have his hands full.

[​IMG]

Whatever their deal is, we have to stop them from destroying Willow Creek.

[​IMG]

We spotted first group of Ghasts. They are busy slapping the shit out of some peasants so, like a real heroes, we shall do nothing to save those peasants and just prepare to defend ourselves.

[​IMG]

Mrowak will open this bitch up with few volleys and then Ivoldi will chuck flaming shit or two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ivoldi got a little carried away but even dorf can outrun Ghasts.

[​IMG]

They got too close for our range guys so we have to spread out and try to isolate few ghasts.

[​IMG]

Our elite three Codexers will fight two ghasts while unwashed warriors deal with the rest.

[​IMG]

And we have first paralyzed dudes. I think I forgot how to Myth.

[​IMG]

But disaster was averted and everyone survived. Let's never charge blindly with melee units again.

Azira: 1 kill
    Mrowak: 2 kills

Eklektyk and DraQ were too busy being paralyzed to kill anything.

[​IMG]

We can regroup and continue our ghast hunt.

[​IMG]

We reached what seems to be village center, it's infested with the undead and Mrowak's archers team have serious troubles saving us from being completely surrounded by ghasts.

[​IMG]

That looks like job for a dorf.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dwarf's bombs are very effective against Ghasts but we still have to fall back.

[​IMG]

But Mrowak will cover our tactical retreat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And he won't let fleeing peasants distract his men from their job.

[​IMG]

Ok, dorf time again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now our warriors have to earn their pay (if they even get paid, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't).

[​IMG]

Another fucking ghast congo line. FALL BACK!

[​IMG]

That's nice open field, we should be allright here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately ghasts are not close enough to each other for our dorf to kill them all so we have to fall back even further.

[​IMG]

And we have to be careful as hell because being touched by ghast is sure death for our range units.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speed advantage should save us though.

[​IMG]

We are almost done with the first group but unfortunately another one is coming our way.

[​IMG]

I had to use our warriors again, which is very risky but necessary this time.

[​IMG]

Fortunately we managed to avoid casualties.

[​IMG]

Fucking tunnel vision, all this time we were retreating straight into river. I might have got us into a dead-end.

[​IMG]

Unless we somehow manage to weasel our way out of this.

[​IMG]

Which we did but now we have another group to deal with.

[​IMG]

Two large groups may be too much for one dwarf so we will try to force them to join up.

[​IMG]

Like so.

[​IMG]

Now Ivoldi will have much easier time assploding them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And we won! I don't even know if we managed to save any villagers but who gives a shit, we won!

[​IMG]

I completely lost track of how much shit Codexers killed but that's how it is in Myth.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Yeah, ordinary soldier sounds just about right. :salute:

^ Top  
  8. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    Signing in as a berserker:salute:

^ Top  
  9. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  10. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Finally!

Sign me up for a random formation :salute:

^ Top  
  11. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    So we have two dwarfs (Tindrli and Roxorowski) two berserkers (Fag of Many Stories and Zbój Łamignat) Cassidy as Heron Guard and we shall think about something for Night Goat (but I'm leaning towards Berserker here, because of Goat's name). Thanks everyone for participation and you shall die tomorrow... because I'm drunk so no update today +M

Oh, I'm still looking for recruits. I'm not going to Iron Man it (I'm not good enough) but there still will be many casualties.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Imperator Scholar

Imperator
    I sign up for a warrior

^ Top  
  13. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Heron Guard also pls.

NEVER FORGET ALRIK, MURGEN AND THE REST OF THE BROS WHO DIED SO THE DECLINE MAY FALL. NEVER 4GET THE SACRIFICE OF DA LEGION, TRUE PATRIOTS TO THE LAST :salute:

I think the second game has a better naration as well. The ending with

Show Spoiler
    The storyteller competing to join the Heron Guard
    left me with nice memories of the game. Really gives a Black Company vibe.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner

Sometimes fans are worse than AAA developers.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  15. Zboj Lamignat Arcane

Zboj Lamignat
    I'd totally watch the full version.

^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    This. Seen much cornier acting in many a fan-film. This one isn't *that* bad.

On a more general Myth note: I LOVE the warrior armament. The long chainmail, the helmet, the shield - all are awesome, reminding me of the 1000s.

^ Top  
  17. JoKa Cipher

JoKa
    Very nice to see you finally LPing this!

Sign me up as anything you want, as long as I get reincarnated regularly...

^ Top  
  18. Ivar the Boner Arcane

Ivar the Boner
    Salvation

Show Spoiler

Monday August 25, Willow Creek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fucking bungie did with this mission same thing they did in first mission of Myth TFL. Normally I would probably LARP grizzled veteran who don't give a crap about some peasants but narrator said that inhabitants of Willow Creek tended to our wounds. And now I couldn't say NO even if I had the option because I seriously feel bad for those guys, just like I felt bad for guys near Crow's Bridge when they offered to give us basically all they had to save them.

[​IMG]

Our scout (it's actually Eklektyk) is back and said that brigands are indeed keeping some hostages here. Also, Tindrli the dwarf joined us, rest of you still have to wait because that's only new guys we recieved and I don't want to rename veterans.

[​IMG]

Holy shit Azira, "let's move on"? Well, if Azira really want's to be our leader here, he can. But remember, if I fuck up here it's Azira's fault!

[​IMG]

But first we have to get into some formation. We shall keep Mrowak's finest in front, dwarf on a flank and warriors nowhere fucking near danger.

[​IMG]

Enemy spotted! EXTERMINATE WITH EXTREME FLAMING SHIT!

[​IMG]

Oh, Myth 2 actually does keep track of all kills. It says that Ivoldi killed 119 (game crashed and I had to redo final part of last mission so results may vary) undead so it will be possible now to keep track of codexers kills.

[​IMG]

More ghasts coming but I'm sure that Mrowak got this shit.

[​IMG]

Indeed.

[​IMG]

There is more but I don't think we even have to use our dorfs for this.

[​IMG]

We spotted some brigands. They are faster and weaker version of our warriors so we have to watch out for them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brigands are too fast for our archers so we have to rely on dwarfs.

[​IMG]

And thanks to awful weather our dwarfs are pretty much useless.

[​IMG]

Shit, I put my warriors all wrong and Tindrli is in deep shit now... IT'S AZIRA'S FAULT!

[​IMG]

We managed to save our dorfs, Tindrli got slashed once or twice but he's alive.

[​IMG]

We have another group coming but this time I put our warriors on flanks so we should be fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And even one bomb assploded!

[​IMG]

Spiffy cool close up showing how nice this game can look.

[​IMG]

We exterminated brigands and Codexers can continue their Amazing Journey.

[​IMG]

Enemy spotted! and thanks to my meta-game knowledge I know we can't let those guys escape.

[​IMG]

Some ghasts are coming out from the water but there is too few of them for Mrowak to give any fucks.

[​IMG]

We removed un from the dead and we can start our sneaky ambush.

[​IMG]

Sneaky, sneaky...

[​IMG]

WATCH YOUR FUCKING WHOREMOUTH! THIS IS GAME FOR KIDS!

[​IMG]

Some of them managed to survive dorf bomb assplosion but our warriors are on their tails.

[​IMG]

Aww shiet, I didn't remember that.

[​IMG]

We stopped Brigands from escaping but now we have to chop few ghasts.

[​IMG]

Codexers got their asses paralyzed a bit but there were no casualties.

[​IMG]

We have found captured villagers and DraQ is getting ready to free them.

[​IMG]

Villagers are free but DraQ failed his hide check.

[​IMG]

And now we have to GTFO before army of darkness gets us.

[​IMG]

DraQ feels personally responsible for this failure so he risks his life to save villagers.

[​IMG]

Well, fuck. Villagers are slow as hell so we will have to kill those brigands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We killed first wave but there is more coming so we have to seriously get the fuck out of here.

[​IMG]

RUN!

[​IMG]

FUCK VILLAGERS! JUST RUN!

[​IMG]

Well, we saved one :M

[​IMG]

This screen is fucking full of lies and deceit. NO DAMAGE, TRUE STORY.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  19. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    that was a close one...

^ Top  
  20. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
  21. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    I take full responsibility for an awesome mission. :smug:

^ Top  
  22. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    :salute:

^ Top  
  23. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Seven stories, to be exact. Seven StarCraft stories, seven Bloodlines stories, seven KotOR stories, and so on.

^ Top  
  24. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Shouldn't it be three, seven and nine respectively?

Show Spoiler
    With BW crafting one story to rule them all
    Show Spoiler
    and in the derpness bind them

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)