Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth 2: Soulblighter

Down a Broken Path

Monday August 26, Between Willow Creek and Tallow

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Wyrd love her Codexers and they are still alive. Unfortunately we didn't get any new guys so we are still sticking to the same team.

5.jpg

Our objective is to get this Rurik guy to "safety of Tallow" and when Myth says that something is safe it means it's going to get horribly raped soon.

6.jpg

"THRALLS!" Azira screamed even though he never saw a thrall before.

7.jpg

Oh god, nooo.

8.jpg

Codexers assumed defensive position and prepared themselves for upcoming onslaught. I don't even know if thing I just said makes any fucking sense in english but it sure sounds cool.

9.jpg

Mrowak told his men to stop wasting arrows on Thralls and start shooting Ghols.

10.jpg

11.jpg

BOOM! fuckers are pretty much dealt with.

12.jpg

And now we can send our warriors to clean up mess dorfs made.

13.jpg

"SOULLESS!" Eklektyk screamed even though he probably never saw them before.

1.jpg

Normally ghasts and Soulless wouldn't be so much of a problem but we have to watch out for Rurik (we don't control him).

2.jpg

Thanks to the fact that we survived two mission without casualties Mrowak's finest are doing great against soulless.

3.jpg

More Thralls, and they are behind us. Normally we could just keep retreating but yeah... Rurik.

4.jpg

Ok, enough fucking around, we have to use warriors.

5.jpg

1.jpg

We need to gain enough time for Rurik to stop being retarded and then shall retreat our warriors.

2.jpg

There is really no point in prolonged melee with Thralls. Berskerkers could do that, Heron Guard could all kinds of do that, but warriors? not really.

3.jpg

We managed to split this wave of Thralls in two.

4.jpg

And rurik seems to be safe, and that's my main concern here.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Holy shit, that was beautiful.

7.jpg

But now our warriors have to fight again.

8.jpg

Azira is badly wounded so I will try to get him out of there.

9.jpg

CASUALTY! Man who survived TFL events was unfrotunately first to die in Soulblighter.

10.jpg

And then we lost another generic-warrior and one archer.

11.jpg

... And then our dorf assploded another non-codexer warrior. Well, fuck.

12.jpg

But we survived and we can continue our Rocky Road to Tallow.

1.jpg

Everyone is badly wounded and soulless started to pop out from the woods after we made only few steps.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Warrior Gareth managed to deal with one that popped out close to us but Mrowak is on his own with this one on the left. Our warriors are too badly wounded to dance with soulless.

4.jpg

"THRALLS!" screamed everyone.

5.jpg

Oh god, no.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Oh god, yes.

8.jpg

But Gareth got hit by something and died. Or simply had heart-attack.

9.jpg

"SO FEW OF US, BY THE WYRD, SO FEW" screamed everyone while dorfs were busy assploding shit left and right.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Dorfs did what they could, now warriors have to finish those thralls.

12.jpg

They did it, and no one died! (Well, Gareth died but that was a heart-attack).

1.jpg

Well, that doesn't look like fucking trap at all!

2.jpg

Fall back!

3.jpg

4.jpg

Obvious river trap is obvious even without meta-game knowledge.

5.jpg

Way is clear and we can continue.

6.jpg

REFLEKSHUN!

7.jpg

Oh-o, this looks like job for Mrowak.

8.jpg

We have one healthy warrior so he shall help killing soulless. We can't send anynone else because one javelin could kill them.

9.jpg

Told ya, one warrior just got killed by stray javelin.

10.jpg

And now archer went down. Fortunately that wasn't Mrowak.

11.jpg

Mrowak managed to kill soulless while avoiding javelins and we can continue our merry way.

12.jpg

IS THIS TELOUW YET?! I HOPE NOET BECUSE IT DOESN'T LOOK SAFE, LIEK, AT ALL.

13.jpg

Nope, it's not Tallow and we have a tail.

14.jpg

DraQ, Eklektyk... I'm sorry, you have to be sacrificed. There is no other way (Rurik is too retarded to just run for the gate).

15.jpg

But we prepared some exploding peasants to cheer you up before you die!

16.jpg

AND DON'T TRY THIS "WHOS THERE?!" BULLSHIT! JUST OPEN THE GATES FOR WYRD SAKE!

17.jpg

Ignore the thralls, just open the gates!

18.jpg

Awww shieet, and there goes Codexers!

19.jpg

20.jpg

Those newfags have to clear the way for what is left of our group before more Ghols arrive.

21.jpg

Tindrli and Mrowak are still with us though.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

That was actually pretty hard mission and our casualties were not done on purpose. I reloaded a lot but I just couldn't do any better than this. Well, at least we have room for new recruits :M

Ovg

Cipher
:greatjob: Another awesome LP. Just finished reading through your Myth and dayum, that was awesome.

I volunteer to become a meatshield of some sort.

Into the Breach

Tuesday September 2, Near Brayle

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I told you that Tallow is going to get raped...

4.jpg

Penetrate, ok... sneak your "invisible dwarf" into the castle?! is this game mocking me...

5.jpg

We have new warriors with us, undoubtly Legion's finest - Joka, Ovg, Imperator and Hoodoo.

6.jpg

And Sergiu64 the bowmen.

7.jpg

We didn't get any berserkers yet or any more dwarfs so rest of you still have to wait.

8.jpg

Baron's castle is near but it looks like we will have to fight to get there.

9.jpg

Few Ghols shouldn't be much of a problem though, unless they carry some assploding shit.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

They are throwing shit at us but it's not exploding so I'll get over it.

13.jpg

Ghols run around us in some kind of Gholish Cantabrian circle but with the amount of warriors we have we don't have any weak spots.

14.jpg

15.jpg

I think we are done with first wave. Now we shall regroup and see if there are more of them.

1.jpg

There were three or four but we killed them easily and we may start looking for Baron's castle.

2.jpg

We reached village walls but village seems empty, suspicious.

3.jpg

I think we have found former villagers supported by some Baron's bowmen... RETREAT!

4.jpg

Ok, Joka, here's the deal. You have to go there, aggro some thralls so Mrowak and Sergiu can shoot them and then GTFO, allright? We count on you so don't fuck this up... Oh, and watch for Baron's bowmen.

5.jpg

SERPENTINE PATTERN JOKA! SERPENTINE PATTERN!

6.jpg

FLAMING ARROWS JOKA! GO LEFT! MY LEFT!

7.jpg

That's my boy! now... DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

8.jpg

Joka, try to lure some thralls into the fire!

9.jpg

Oh, they don't seem to retreat this time. Joka, gtfo from there. Rest of you prepare!

10.jpg

Weather is good so our dorfs should have easy time here.

11.jpg

We just have to keep throwing flaming shit while we retreat.

12.jpg

Thralls are almost gone, now we have to prepare to kill Baron's bowmen.

13.jpg

Imperator on the left and some generic-warriors on the right are getting ready to flank the enemy.

14.jpg

Which means going through the fire but no one said it will be easy.

15.jpg

Our warriors reached enemy bowmen but we have small problem. Mrowak got hit with flaming arrow and he's almost dead.

16.jpg

Imperator and some non-codexian warriors are done with enemy archers. Mrowak survived even though he got badly burned.

17.jpg

Then we noticed Roxrowoski leading some reinforcements. Nice to see you guys, too bad you don't have any ice for Mrowak though.

1.jpg

Experienced archers are worth their weight in gold so we will keep mrowak in the back.

2.jpg

Now, that's a force!

3.jpg

It should be enough to take Baron's castle since most of undead are busy raping Tallow.

4.jpg

We reached the castle.

5.jpg

Hoodoo shall check if anynone's home before we continue...

6.jpg

Helooo! is anynone there?

7.jpg

Go avay or ve shall taunt you for the second time!

8.jpg

Yeah, that would be too easy if they just let us in. We have to re-open those gates with our pathfinder dorf.

1.jpg

Pathfinder is "invisible" like the one in "Market Garden" mission of TFL.

2.jpg

Enemy should be able to hear you but from my experience, you can just walk right next to them.

3.jpg

Just don't walk on them.

4.jpg

Ok, now Jari have to open castle gates for us.

5.jpg

Which will be very dangerous but dwarven pathfinders drank danger with the milk from their fathers tits...

6.jpg

... Or so they say. Ok, it's now or never!

7.jpg

8.jpg

The gates are going down but Jari will also go down unless he will do some Ninja shit.

9.jpg

10.jpg

SPLASH!

11.jpg

He did his job but he decided to help us further by killing archers on the left walls... and he don't have any means of escaping anyway so he might as well do that before he dies.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Holy shit, he survived.

14.jpg

But now we have to deal with some angry Baron's soldiers.

15.jpg

And for some reason game decided to change my formation. Whatever, at least codexers are in one place.

16.jpg

There is quite a lot of them so I decided to use flaming arrow ability of our bowmen (they didn't have it in TFL).

17.jpg

It won't do much damage but it will do some, and every bit of help is nice.

18.jpg

Baron's men got close enough for our dorfs and shit-chucking can begin.

19.jpg

Roxorowski is fresh recruit but I don't even know what experience do for dwarfs.

20.jpg

Range units did what they could and now it's our warriors turn.

21.jpg

Ok, we are free to enter the castle.

1.jpg

Unfortunately there are enemy archers on the wall to the right. Jari couldn't do anything about them so we have to prepare for casualties.

2.jpg

Poor Ulrich.

3.jpg

We have to somehow wiggle Mrowak around because one arrow will kill him.

4.jpg

That wasn't Mrowak though. It also wasn't Sergiu.

5.jpg

We are almost there, we have to quickly deal with some random brigands and get away from enemy bowmens range.

6.jpg

Another fucking archer gone.

7.jpg

Stop killing my archers goddamit!

8.jpg

Thralls are swarming throught the main gate. We have to retreat to where Jari is.

9.jpg

He shall cover our asses.

10.jpg

11.jpg

1.jpg

We still have to deal with guys guarding entrance to the Baron's quarters.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I decided to do it old-fashioned way, without unnecessary heroism.

4.jpg

Only Jari is throwing flaming shit because regular dorfs can't attack at this angle.

5.jpg

Alexander is in troubles but Jari is doing fine.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Mrowak! Sergiu64! you have to save our brave Alexander!

8.jpg

... But don't shoot him.

9.jpg

Almost there, man. Just a few more steps!

10.jpg

Awwwww.

11.jpg

Now we shall leave our wounded soldiers on the wall because, surely, nothing horrible will happen when we approach the gate...

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

THAT ISH A SHTYGIAN KNIGHT. CRAFTED FROM THE SHOULSH OF FALLEN SHOLDIERSH BY SHOULBLIGHTER HIMSHELF!

15.jpg

No one told those guys from Eblis Stone that you don't fucking fight Stygian knights with warriors and Journeyman?

16.jpg

You use dorfs!

17.jpg

NOOBS!

18.jpg

... Ok, now we can enter the baron's quarters.

19.jpg

20.jpg

Sometimes I can be such a dick for no reason.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Since you've had some archer casualties, I'll volunteer Cappen the Archer to join your force when convenient :)

i wonder, why i cant kill anything??

You mean in this LP? man, you have 21 kills which makes you third after Ivoldi and Mrowak who killed most shit in this campaign.

Since you've had some archer casualties, I'll volunteer Cappen the Archer to join your force when convenient :)

Great! I was afraid no one will want to be an archer and we need experienced archers (Making them Codexers makes me care about them more).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom