Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play New Vegas - Old World Blues

grotsnik

Arcane
What happened to Three Dog in the end? M:

Er, yeah. Well, I realised I didn't have any remotely entertaining way to include him at the end, and I didn't want to confuse the Ulysses climax by sticking in a meta jokey climax bit with Tim and MCA and Three Dog occurring simultaneously, so I decided to just awkwardly ignore it instead. It's the sign of quality LPing, you know.

ironyuri

Er, yeah. Well, I realised I didn't have any remotely entertaining way to include him at the end, and I didn't want to confuse the Ulysses climax by sticking in a meta jokey climax bit with Tim and MCA and Three Dog occurring simultaneously, so I decided to just awkwardly ignore it instead. It's the sign of quality LPing, you know.

Actually, I can field this one grotsnik:

Three-Dog was a character in Fallout 3. So, in this LP, Three-Dog is a meta-character acting as interlocutor for the Fallout 3 setting. By nuking the setting, grotsnik has essentially nuked the Fallout franchise, thus vapourising the meta Three-Dog, as well as the blight that is Fallout 3.

Basically, Three-Dog didn't reappear because he was vapourised. I did not miss him.

The reason we meet MCA and Tim Cain again is because they're meta-characters based on real figures extraneous to the fictional Fallout setting, thus, nuking the setting does not nuke them.

Edit- I won't even get started on the fact that grotsnik's LP is basically a meta-nuke of the setting, to make up for the fictional real nuke of the setting being retconned.

Luzur

Good Sir
The diary of the Father. Not a god...just a man who watched the world burn, and watched it rise again from the ashes, but never joined the new world when it came. And so he passed into myth, even after death, becoming something that was greater and more terrible than he would ever have wanted to be.

No, I don't know why a survivalist would set up a computer terminal in a cave and successfully get it to run for the next few centuries, instead of just writing down his thoughts on a sheet of paper. I'm not even sure I can remember what Fallout 3's excuse was for any of the terminals still functioning. Anyway, there are five diary terminals scattered around Zion caves; you can find Clark's full story (which is actually pretty damn touching overall, for a bit of in-game lore fiction) here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Randall_Clark_terminal_entries

i thought that was kinda funny, that Randall didnt know about the Vaults (when he spots the vault 22 uniforms on the cannibals), im pretty sure the Vault-Tec commercials where everywhere and they even had a contest where you could win a place in a Vault.

and i believe they said on the TESF forums the tube tech they used to make the computers are very very resistant, and enable computers to work even after 200 years in caves, nuked houses, ruined apartments or out in the open.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom