Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Oblivion

WalterKinde

Scholar
Its funny a mere 4 yrs ago having a game taking up that much space on a hard drive would be considered insane

Lingwe

Liturgist
Its funny a mere 4 yrs ago having a game taking up that much space on a hard drive would be considered insane

I remember when Medieval Total War came out I thought it was huge (1GB).

The World in Conflict demo is the same size as the full installation of Medieval Total War.

Fez

Erudite
Just think how much more game you are getting for that installation though. Oh wait...

elander_

Arbiter
Lord Chambers said:
elander_ said:
It was in a small cemetery with a keepers and a road tavern nearby. Some robbers have paid the keeper to keep his mouth shut and loot a secret section of a crypt but it ended up that this secret section was much more than it looked. There were more crypts and tunnels bellow leading to natural caves and an underwater river and finally to an underground town with it's own palace. When the robbers found out this stuff they also unleashed the chaos and many skeleton guardians were risen from the dead and getting out of the cemetery. When the imperials come leaded by an arrogant knight and acompained by a few people from the mages guild to and the temple the robbers were enslaved to work on the tunnels and ruins and the knights set their base on the undergound palace and prepared to explored it's dungeons.
Wow cool, thanks for telling me all about this interesting mod which doesn't exist.

:lol: I was hoping someone would finish it for me.

Oh and there is this cool mod i tried once but never finished about joining all tiny and boring dungeons in Oblivion in 8-16 big citadels supporting civilizations inside we can talk to and get quests from. Similar to Ultima Underworld and Arx Fatalis but in a smaller scale.

Three of these would be owned by rebels and bandit kings fighting for territory control. There would be at least two major Aleyd cities the size of the imperial city but deserted only by imperial mages expeditions in certain spots of the city and forbiden religious cults. One would be an abandoned city completely hunted by ghosts and foul magics. Didn't think what to do with the rest but everyone would have a story and something to do inside.

If just Beth developers had a little bit of game design education and common sense what a great game they could have made with Oblivion. It's amazing that a few amateur moders can do a much better job than they did.

Radisshu

Prophet
The only time I really had fun playing Oblivion was when I played a sneaky archer. But then it got boring quite quickly again. Everything looks the same and everything consists of following a green arrow and killing things, ugh.

"Frankly, I can’t remember what we talked about. I’m sure I joked as much as I boasted, and admired as many times as I coerced. But she coerced my heart."

Fwahahahaha.

Though, in Morrowind, you'd just have a click-frenzy on the "taunt" button to get free loot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom