Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play RogueLegends : Dark Realms - A Halloween LP (blind)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
https://untrustedlife.com/project-random-world-development/

I don't know what to expect but the description says :
Roguelegends: Dark Realms, is a dark fantasy, cosmic horror roguelike game with an extreme amount of procedural elements in which all intelligent life in the world will be wiped out in 1 year, unless the demon is vanquished.
So it should fit.
v4NABmd.png

Let's go. We roll a new character, and wait, it seems there's no creation but I thought I read the game had many classes. Well, checking the description again :
It includes Many classes (For now it randomly assigns you a new class every time you choose “new character” in the main menu.
Alright.
eebtFkK.png

We have got a mind control spell and a teleport one.
MjkIrkl.png

There's a enemy. Let's take control of it.
qUNBHTi.png

He gets killed by a Vruthr. Let's try to control it.
X8VTNL1.png

There's a burn stumbler in a corner. Let's take it.
7S3TpL3.png

Wut? Good we have an healing potion.
rQQGM21.png

It...didn't work? I'm not sure. we're dead, lol, it was shorter than I expected.

I didn't intend to roll another character but looks like I will.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Lol that's why going blind is the way to go I guess. I rolled another character. Pay attention because it'll be fast.

We seem to be playing as an inquisitor or something, with one spell to damage undeads and an healing spell.
2BN48q3.png
IznyM40.png

We start in a room with two cultists and a demon.
sf7ZMtd.png

We kill a cultist and try to flee.
f7DRGEq.png

Ok that's all.

Let's try again I guess.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Looks like the character is another blood magic guy, but without the mind control spell this time.
n6xIFMp.png

I don't know what's happening, an healing potion is on the same tile that a door I can't seem to be able to open? Also, stairs. We drink for a fountain but we shouldn't. Then there's a monster so we just heads back to the stairs.
2TcwmBo.png

OK keeping the "Interact" menu open I realize we can kick the door (in the first game I think I lock-picked some door just by bumping onto them).

We kill a bunch of monsters, almost always in one hit. Combat is brutal, I like that.
xrUZaHb.png

We drink from another fountain, it's a good bet this time.
9EEEIg0.png

We also pick some pieces of equipment.
3CVGbRy.png

Looks like it's going slightly better this time, we may have been particularly unlucky before.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Interesting, the rod of light has runes on it, we could check the runes and I think we failed to learn a new spell.
0dKFXPb.png

After exploring the entire level we go down some other stairs. There we manage to learn some spell from a helmet, and equip the said helmet.
nBBSgnn.png

We kill some skeleton versions of some flesh monsters we met before. We're dehydrated. Fortunately drinking from a fountain makes us stronger again.
o7sjkwy.png

BnHwXbY.png

That's it for now, I'll keep the game open, and then continue later, since I don't know if saving works .

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
We pushed the bookshelf several times (and failed to push it many more times), which opens a way, but we could have just gone there by a normal road.
fxIileQ.png

We kill a zombie with our "Unholy gambit spell". There's a fire dart on the ground but we refrain from picking it. These hunger and dehydrating numbers are worryingly low.
c7DUfLe.png

Looks like we picked a book in the bookshelf.
tOyvNe7.png

We "consume" an healing potion, and die, that's likely what happened before, and now I realize that "consume" may not be the right command for healing potions.
CF0JqxG.png

I also realize we could have picked some corpses and corpse parts that you're probably meant to eat but we didn't.

That's it for now, the game seems to be basic but not bad, and it's early in development which explains that. I could come back to it some day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom