Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
2 (until you get a border with Hive)

Cassidy

Arcane
Unfortunately the HSA is something the Gaians have a firm grip upon, as with the sheer majority of Secret Projects.

2 - Knowledge won.

========================

Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder, "Come." I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

-- The Conclave Bible, Datalinks.

Fall from Heaven

Children of Dune - 04

tCaKHzx.jpg

The substructure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons, and behind electrons quarks. Each layer unraveled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries.

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

4LL94XQ.jpg
: The Human Hive is a threat to all remaining free peoples of the Planet, which is precisely why we must put aside our economical differences. Your terms are acceptable, CEO Morgan.

OAPpFBG.jpg

The Isle of the Deep is really not a single creature but a colony of thousands of individual tubules, an aquatic vector of the Mind Worm which terrorizes Planet's continents. Over its lifetime certain tubules secrete a tough, gluelike substance which hardens to form the characteristic shell that floats the colony and creates the appearance of a rogue island.

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "A Comparative Biology of Planet"

TRc5HFN.jpg

poster-wwii-ally-fight-united-nations-fight-for-freedom.jpg

The Morganites already had a Pact with the Gaians, the looming threat of the Hive greater than their mutual tensions over economics. Once again, Morgan has wisely chosen to not impose capitalist economics or pressure for it, but to instead set difference aside and form a new alliance against yet another ruthless conqueror bent on subjugating an entire world, as History repeats itself.

5EIUIhG.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: I thought we were past such grievances...

DPQmjrI.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: That will take care of all the immediate necessities of the United Nations. The loan will be repaid as soon as possible.

AkQXUkQ.jpg

The Gaians were getting dangerously close to beat the United Nations in the construction of the Maritime Control Center, but the loan from Morgan changed that, and new energy banks and infrastructure development across bases away from the front lines will usher a new economic boom for the UN.

S1ZmnMH.jpg

There is no black and white. Peace can only be achieved by the complete eradication of the cancer known as the Human Hive, and achieving technological superiority will go a long way into that. For that purpose, and for the increased efficiency as well, a new ideal is sought, one that reflected everything the Peacekeepers stood for. Because free flow of information is necessary for a free society and Education critical for a functioning Democracy. The Believers are falling from their false heaven, their end days drawing close, and countermeasures exist for the disadvantage of more vulnerable computer networks.

DaM10lc.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Captain Sanjay, the inability of building aircraft carriers on Planet is a severe limitation, but I nonetheless approved this heavy investment because perhaps eventually we will have the technology to make up for the special conditions of Planet and build effective Aircraft Carriers.

BRMC09.png
: The Hive has many coastal bases, and even oceanic bases. Commissioner, you will not regret having the Maritime Control Center, specially for the way it speed up overseas offensives. Now, how about the Navy starting to exist?

4LL94XQ.jpg
: With the Control Center, all crews will have superior training, anywhere. I will set up the order for a battlecruiser in one of the coastal bases.

BFHhKm8.jpg

In the Mission Year 2260, the Peacekeepers finally had everything ready for another offensive against the Believers. Their counter attacks failed miserably, their technology was lagging behind, and there were great plans for the eventual necessity to achieve air superiority against the Hive, plans of long term research that would drive a final nail in their coffin.

11gj9ly.jpg

The name of the base, House of Martyrs, was very, very bleak. When cornered, religious fanatics were willing to commit any atrocity, and the House of Martyr would soon become a House of Victims of yet more crimes against mankind.

N0C5rY4.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: They killed their own children, their own people. To "save their souls", in their twisted views.

Qp1l7YD.jpg

The Gaians became completely impenetrable to probe teams.

AF91xNb.jpg

dune2_004.png
: The workers have become complacent in Information Agency after they heard of the amenities a top notch employee in Morgan Industries can afford. They protest against the Green economics and fell to the some kind of lunatic with an ancient book called Atlas Shrugged who believes the environment of this Planet and the so called Planetmind can and should be exterminated and they are spreading Morganite rhetoric too on Information Agency.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: I suppose they are not aware of how the people on the bottom of the pyramid live barely better than the drones of the Hive under Morgan Industries. Eventually they will discover only a few benefit from the old ways and this crisis will end.

anlqik7.jpg

The first UNAF-1 Ramayana is finally ready for combat, and just in time because all offensive armies of the Peacekeepers are on the move to liberate the closest Believer bases.

VpKLHYN.jpg

The Believers are attempting to mount an offensive, but the momentum remain in favor of the Peacekeeping Forces.

blBjV8V.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: I want that blueprint for a "punishment sphere" burned and forgotten. Only tyrants and mass murderers would resort to that!

GCr9Jy8.jpg

npc_humanmale_vauclair50.png
: I see no immediate purpose in the research of Pre-Sentient Algorithms, considering the Gaians have already done it.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Secretary of Industry, this is a stepping stone. Pre-sentient Algorithms are theoretically necessary for a much greater and quite close goal: our return to outer space.

npc_humanmale_vauclair50.png
: How is that supposed to help with the immediate problems the UN faces, such as a massive Human Hive determined to conquer Planet at any costs?

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Inevitably space flight technology will lead to many military developments, of which some possibilities I would rather only use as a last of the last resorts, but unfortunately, if weapons of mass destruction can be made, we may need it lest Yang decides to fire some of his own without fear of retaliation, once he acquires the technology for their manufacture.

LHkldnI.jpg

The House of Victims was the first major loss of the Believers in the Great War, but not enough to cripple them. The gap of armaments is not yet far enough for the Peacekeepers to have a massive advantage, and the Peacekeepers cannot win through numerical superiority, because their political structure makes such too economically disruptive to be worth.

CAZOJ7I.jpg

The first UNAF strike needlejets finish off an already understrength enemy unit, a great but easy first mission.

KggxIUw.jpg

They were clearly staging an ambush, but in the end the only ones ambushed were them.

CUP8sSd.jpg

No longer under the yoke of madmen babbling about their god and killing in his name, the House of Freedom will prosper and be free. Of course, the religion of the Believers will, unfortunately, not vanish, but without secular power, its worst excesses are likely to be forgotten in future generations.

SIqfFBY.jpg

The United Nations Air Force achieve victory after victory, ruling uncontested over the skies, crushing the suicidal Believers.

s3iIhQe.jpg

Older threats did not stop, yet thankfully the defenders of the recently liberated base prevailed.

tF8Ydu0.jpg

Although costly, the raging airstrike in 2269 was a complete success, wiping out even more of the fanatics, yet, even after all their massive losses, they kept sending more and more men to die for their delusional cause.

HGND8If.jpg

The final moment of the war against the Believers was approaching.

W8qo06T.jpg

Oh great...

qyHHgqP.jpg

A counter-offensive is successfully stopped, and the front moves forward.

ED7T8OM.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Asceticism, of that particular kind, is overrated.

QUoSECy.jpg

Then, in the year of 2271, it became obvious the Endgame was drawing closer than they thought. Forced to fight a two-front war, the Lord Believers were doomed. Nevertheless, it was critical to ensure as little of their bases will fall to the odious inhuman Hive as possible, by conquering them first.

YQukwFL.jpg

A much larger force was found in the region, and baiting tactics had to be used.

Alex%20Jacobson.png
: The terrorists fell into the trap and thought wrongly we were not equipped for a real fight.

0f8iKHt.jpg

While it did a fine job wiping out valuable defensive forces from the nearby base, the UNATCO squad did not make it to the end.

:salute:

VQ0fdIg.jpg

Morgan%20Everett.png
: Commissioner Pravin Lal, the U.N. Space Agency will be fully operational in about one decade. With the gained knowledge, we will have a perfect deterrence against the aggression and imperialism of the Human Hive.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Secretary Everett, must I remind you that no Planet Buster shall ever be constructed unless I authorize so? Do you remember what happened to Earth?

Morgan%20Everett.png
: The future Yang fights for is worse than human extinction, and you know this is a truth. There is no better defense against foreign tyranny than free men with enough firepower to destroy an entire continent.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: I will wait for once the research is done before committing to any policy about weapons of mass destruction.

hP3NCQT.jpg

They did not give up. Fighting a two-front war, they just carried on. Their fanaticism only grew, to the point they believe this was their "Tribulation" and accused both Lal and Yang from being "heads of the Beast" backed by their interpretation of their Bible combined with obscure conspiracy theories about the U.N.

BVC3wAo.jpg

Good news for a change, besides the health implications of a heat wave, that is.

btxz3Yg.jpg

Morgan%20Everett.png
: Commissioner, I suggest you agree, and then make a statement about such repeal by building enough Planet Busters to wipe out this cancer of the Hive from Planet, and do it.

qfZJ2a6.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: We must abide by our principles, even when doing so benefits our enemies at first.

ld5pSL2.jpg

The baiting tactics ensure more casualties for the foe than for the limited offensive force near that pretentiously named base.

omSLfDL.jpg

Despite outnumbered, hidden in the fungus and resorting to terrain advantage, they prevail again and again despite the odds, and the Believers suffer far worse casualties.

PKD7MRl.jpg

However, they were too few, and the Believers drowned most of them in their own corpses. They fought bravely, but with all air units being repaired, it was not enough, and that Base will not fall so soon.

:salute:

wqUsnoW.jpg

Another successful if costly airstrike.

qa7E9PQ.jpg

Fighting fire with fire. Despite the insistence of the head of the Psi-Corps, the restriction on use of controlled mind worms against humans continues.

gdbd0RT.jpg

This will bring more life to the United Nations' economy.

zePWO71.jpg

Having now established a secure perimeter, we have made ourselves relatively safe from enemy incursions. But against the seemingly random attacks by Planet's native life only our array of warning sensors can help us, for the Mind Worms infiltrate through every crevice and chew through anything softer than plasmasteel.

-- Lady Deirdre Skye, "The Early Years"

pZqHdd2.jpg

The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist. Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done."

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

bwaBhDV.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: In the years since our arrival, we have foolishly disrupted so many of Planet's ecosystems that entire species may vanish without our ever having understood, or even known them. We must halt this plunder, and halt it immediately, for our own survival as a species depends on our ability to strike a balance on this world.

--"Mind Worm, Mind Worm"

HoCQHFz.jpg

With the Centauri Preserve, the ecological balance of the most important base for the war effort was secure, preventing the spawn of fungal blooms and thus making the base ready to built a larger Air Force. The Believers face a two-front war and are completely doomed, and soon the Peacekeepers will be in direct conflict with the Hive.

Soon as well, the Peacekeepers will have the technology to build the first weapons of mass destruction on Planet, the Planet Busters. The Hive is massive, sprawling across an entire continent, and their legions span the Planet, but how far should the UN go to defend liberty?

1) Better a free dead man than one living as a slave in the Hell of the Inhuman Hive. Once Orbital Spaceflight technology is finished, begin to produce as many Planet Busters as the Hive has bases, and once there is enough to wipe out all their bases, declare EXTERMINATUS against the Human Hive.

2) Build some Planet Busters, but only use them as a last resort, or in retaliation should Yang be insane enough to strike first.

3) ITZ already happened on Earth, it is utterly immoral to risk ITZ on Planet, no matter what. Never build Planet Busters.

Shadenuat

Arcane
2). Planet bustering will just lead LP to a boring grinder. And of course, UN, Democracy, all that stuff.

Modron

Arcane
1 Seems too easy; can we vote 2 but say use a couple planet busters as a first strike just to even up the odds a bit?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
1. Nuke it from the orbit!

And the backlash from the Planet is going to be hilarious. The polar ice caps will melt, drowning people by billions, the atmosphere will get poisoned and the terraforming improvements will fall in a state of disrepair, the fungus will go insane and there will be mind worms as far as the eye can see.

There is much fun to be had that way.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Even a single bustah sent in self-defence will get you banned from the Council and earn you war declarations from everyone. Need to repeal that charter first.

Cassidy

Arcane
Very well, 2, build Planet Busters, but only use them as a last resort, has won.

Endgame draws near.

I hope my lulz over one of the quotes was appropriate, because I couldn't resist.

===================

"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"

-- Bhagavad Gita, Datalinks

Godforsaken

Sabled Sun - Retina

HktvrqH.jpg

I have often been asked: if we have traveled between the stars, why can we not launch the simplest of orbital probes? These fools fail to understand the difficulty of finding the appropriate materials on this Planet, of developing adequate power supplies, and creating the infrastructure necessary to support such an effort. In short, we have struggled under the limitations of a colonial society on a virgin planet. Until now.

-- Col. Corazon Santiago, "Planet: A Survivalist's Guide"

Morgan%20Everett.png
: I understand this recent development opens many possibilities, and Commissioner, the matter of Planet Busters remain unclear, and now is the time for a decision.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Let the people decide, it is their right and the population of the United Nations is educated enough to make the right call.

mgRK4Tq.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Now most of the United Nations energy resources will be focused on research, we must bridge the technological gap and develop means to counter the chaos needlejets of the Hive, and the sooner it happens, the better.

ylHDFXv.jpg

Morgan%20Everett.png
: As I imagined, they are too soft to do what must be done, but wise enough to understand the necessity of building such weapons as a deterrence. My agency already has the designs ready and operational, and the construction of the first Shiva Mk. I Fission buster can be commenced at any time, any base.

MubUw9j.jpg

BRMC09.png
: With more two or three of these cruisers, we can protect our coast from any attempts of amphibious invasions by the Hive.

n0cAzaz.jpg

Wyrmlord Class Extractors will provide an unequaled economic boost to every Peacekeeper base that constructs them, and they are just beginning.

vvXvneJ.jpg

The first Ganges Class Destroyer is swept by a tidal wave, ending somewhere up north, it proceeds with recon of the coast of the continent where the U.N. is.

otjN1g1.jpg

Fitted with a Skunkworks, the U.N. Planning Authority is the most fit base for the construction of a weapon that may bring mankind to extinction, yet a necessary evil in a world where the jackboots of Yang are spread so far and wide.

B1egWmv.jpg

Unfortunate events happen, delaying the research efforts of the U.N. Proposals to replace Morgansoft Windows 15 with Linux 23.5 as the OS of the Peacekeepers show up immediately after the incident, but Bureaucratic structures, even in spite of the efficiency of the Democratic politics, Green economics and Knowledge value, continue to ensure the monopoly of the flawed Morganite software.

Qgdp7Yr.jpg

The time is running out, the final stage of the First Planet War coming closer, with another conquest for Yang, and one step closer to the end for the Believers. The UNAF will be the key to ensure the Hive will gain no further territory to the west.

1eM8v58.jpg

Generously, the Gaians donate several Needlejets to the United Nations. Their pilots are Greener than UNAF pilots, but their aircrafts are slightly more technologically advanced.

kX1Oey6.jpg

New Jerusalem cannot fall to the Hive, and the push must continue. The Peacekeepers suffered many casualties in the offensives of the last decades, and a focus on boosting their research and economical capabilities and the priority over building an Air Force made their army small but still effective. Two Liberators and one unit of armored cars are the last land based offensive assets, but they will win, even in such inferior numbers, because the mighty UNAF has total air supremacy, and the only role of the ground forces is to conquer bases.

VSRFN13.jpg

Two enemies now push forward against a mutual enemy, from the skies the United Nations wipe out legions of terrorists and fanatical extremists.

CqAlTCw.jpg

The Gaian support is fitted with fusion reactors, in another field the U.N. is behind in tech.

YuZgZ02.jpg

However, with the launch of a Sky Hydroponics Farm, the Peacekeepers become the first to reach outer space, almost three centuries after the beginning of the colonization.

ngHyXFr.jpg

During the construction of new roads and improvement of the landscape, a big problem happens, and there is only one way to save the formers from the tragic consequences of such thing showing up.

1ncFkbk.jpg

One of the wings of Gaian given strike fighters, named UNAF-1A Ramayana, is sent to destroy the Mindworms, but while the bombing wiped out most of the horrors, the pilots all crashed shouting "Hopw roewr ne" in the radio before mission was accomplished. All formers that could retreat were retreated, and the last group of formers was likely doomed.

ZAnR7rh.jpg

The pilots of the formers were civilians, not trained for the rigors of warfare, specially of that kind of warfare the mind worms are so good at. The attack was horrific, yet, thanks to the bravery of a lone hero, the formers were saved and all mind worms were wiped out. Unfortunately such hero died gouging out his own guts because of what those worms did to his mind.

FUficBl.jpg

After constant air strikes wiped out all the defenses of the pretentiously named Voice of God, the Indus armored cars were sent to finish off all defenses nearby the base, and then liberate it.

cvPRlvr.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Send my regards to Lady Deirdre Skye.

hR5u3Y6.jpg

Important? Yes! Critical? Absolutely. I would go so far as to say that Superconducting Fiber alone makes our present economy possible.

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, MorganLink 3DVision Live Interview

kTShPdI.jpg

The research of the United Nations is focused first and foremost on upgrading their spaceflight capabilities, but many fields required for such an upgrade must be researched first, such as an update of the old Theory of Relativity, which, in wake of the new technologies developed in the 23rd Century, has gained a far greater range of potential applications than Planet Busters.

tZpPaTC.jpg

7D0OuQj.jpg

Miriam continues to arrogantly believe in victory, even as the demise of her insane cult draws near, and her cult is barely better than the Human Hive, if better at all, because arguably a Fundamentalist society is even more crushing against human liberty than a Police State. Like many past tyrants, she grows lunatic and in denial in her final years.

9MpQuoj.jpg

With the launch of the Sky Hydroponics Farm, all of the planet is charted, and to the north of U.N. territories lies an immense wealth of pods to be discovered.

Qtu8UUp.jpg
: The Mind worms under my Psi-Corps agents are perfect for such northern exploration.

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Understood, you are cleared to send them north to explore those mysterious pillars and investigate all those pods but remember that the old rules of engagement still apply, although I find it unlikely for any Hive presence to be up there.

ZP89Ml6.jpg

Mind worms are a serious problem, and losing civilian lives is unacceptable. Fortunately now there is a way to immediately close the gap in the defense of the U.N. House of Freedom after their Republic Guard was slaughtered by the horrors.

q2zt6ov.jpg

Thanks to U.N. Air Force, thousands of lives were saved.

4Tt7G0i.jpg

As the end of the 23rd Century approaches, the United Nations built a massive, truly mighty Air Force, and such strategy was proving itself more successful than ever expected. The Believers numerical superiority was completely negated thanks to the UNAF, and now the forces Lal and Yang are preparing to meet up in New Jerusalem.

GRdyPVF.jpg

The Believers finally reacted to the massed air power of the Peacekeepers, but now, it was too late, and such units could be crushed even by the small ground force of the UN.

gCFFXs8.jpg

Most of their ground forces were not equipped with specialized anti-air technology, and thus severely vulnerable. There was no more doubt.

ycAkxb0.jpg

More formers were threatened, and the Republican Guard in Humanity Base gave their lives in an attempt to save them. Now, once again, only the UNAF could have any chance of averting a disaster.

zoq3Ku5.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Demon Boil? Excuse me, Secretary Bester, but such designation is not going to scare someone like Yang or his brainwashed hordes. And before you forget, the prohibition of using them against human beings still stands

Qtu8UUp.jpg
: It is a comparative word. A Believer would certainly find it fitting, and none could stand any chance against an attack of such boil of mind worms under our control, in theory. It will also overcome any hostile mind worms on the way, making it perfect for exploring the unsettled north of our continent.

BPWrbwO.jpg

The Air Force saves the day yet another time.

8rFPUnl.jpg

Qtu8UUp.jpg
: A pity our odds of beating them up in that are small, because such a Neural Amplifier would make everyone more resilient to psychic attacks.

si4vR2y.jpg

You ivory tower intellectuals must not lose touch with the world of industrial growth and hard currency. It is all very well and good to pursue these high-minded scientific theories, but research grants are expensive and you must justify your existence by providing not only knowledge, but concrete and profitable applications as well.

-- CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

FcTaIbX.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Lady Deirdre, I have an offer.

oohvzg4.jpg

aKq6HG7.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Our ancestors harnessed the power of a sun, and so again shall we.

-- "The Science of Our Fathers"

It was expensive but worth to upgrade every Peacekeeper unit to the new fusion reactors. For one, all Ramayana Fighters have greater operational range now, and that is only one of the many benefits of fusion power. The other is the greater resilience of the military forces of the United Nations.

o8ior2T.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: Yang destroyed the Supercollider of the University, and now we have the means to build a new one in the U.N. Headquarters. It will be of immense use to accelerate our scientific progress even further.

YPemfJy.jpg

Yet, in the race for such great projects, the Peacekeepers seem to always be lagging.

GC4JJbG.jpg

Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.

-- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "For I Have Tipped The Fedora"

More deals are made with the Gaians.

HYq0UpA.jpg

And finally, mind worms will be less common than in the last 20 years. The last decade of the 23rd Century might also be the last one of the Believers.

FR9Wgn0.jpg

With only three ground units but a formidable Air Force, the Peacekeepers fight against terrorism and fundamentalism and for freedom of religion and freedom in general grows stronger and now it did not halt again, as it did before during the early years of this Great War.

YYrKiAK.jpg

Qtu8UUp.jpg
: Psi-Corps are excellent protectors, they will escort that node back to the Health Authority.

kiJqIgt.jpg

Sometimes luck goes south.

htLqC91.jpg

The final demise of the Believers is now close, they have only four bases left.

jSDZzwa.jpg

As a desperate cry, however, Sister Miriam is ready to bring the world down with her. Fortunately such missile will not be ready soon enough, and they suffered too many casualties to hold their ground for 32 years.

1w1Fdzv.jpg

Jerusalem is at hand!

AsT5aI2.jpg

Many casualties to mind worms could be averted in the future, but it is too late now.

h9banOp.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: You are a war criminal, your crimes against humanity almost as vast as Yang's, "Sister" Miriam. I cannot allow even one base to continue enduring such backwards, tyrannical religious fanaticism you created!

xCQNb7z.jpg

4LL94XQ.jpg
: I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine, just as the good doctor intended. But what I cannot shake, and what hints at things to come, is that thoughts cross back. In my dreams, the sensibility of the machine invades the periphery of my consciousness: dark, rigid, cold, alien. Evolution is at work here, but just what is evolving remains to be seen.

--"Man and Machine"

FIBP47T.jpg

Organic Superlubricant will have many applications in more advanced space flight technologies, and give access to fusion lasers, although patience may be more rewarding, for better space technologies may have a more conventional application in warfare than planet busters, one that might more than double the offensive capabilities of the U.N. armored cars, infantry and strike fighters, and make air superiority against the Hive a possibility.

SKRlCVf.jpg

Morgan is more willing to trade technologies than Deirdre, in spite of economic differences.

jxYne6r.jpg

Cybernetic implants will be issued to the Republican Guard, as an all-volunteer force, those who find the idea queasy in spite of all the evolutions of human ethics can opt out and leave, because the threat at large of the Human Hive and its air force cannot be ignored in the name of an archaic idea cybernetic implants take away parts of one's humanity. With such implants, the new Republican Guard will be equally able to fend off against air strikes and mind worms, while the Silksteel technology purchased from Morgan Industries will give a substantial improvement of their defensive strength.

n1B0UKW.jpg

Odds were estimated at 1:1 due to how, like the fallen Spartans said, superior training and superior weaponry have a geometric effect. Deployed exclusively from bases with aerospace centers where fighter pilots were trained to have the best possible skill, and part of a wing that was already made of veterans, they overcame the Anti-Air defenses of the only AA unit of the Believers and crushed all their hopes for a chance. Fortunately the Hive seems focused to conquer first the third, isolated base of the Lord's Believers, and thus New Jerusalem can wait.

NEZ1At3.jpg

The UNAF gained their first Aces, pilots of unequaled skill against whom only vastly superior technology would stand any chance.

qtUE0dh.jpg

The Lord's Gift is left ripe for the taking after countless air strikes, and now the final demise of the Believers draws even closer.

ozdTNb8.jpg

CKxPADQ.jpg

Unfortunately civilians always end dying. Brainwashed to insane fanaticism, many took futilely in arms and shot against the Peacekeepers, while sometimes the Believers resort to the most ruthless terrorist methods, sacrificing their own people, yet, finally, their insanity, fanaticism and hypocrisy are coming to an end, but what comes next will be far worse than the Believers.

ndmGneM.jpg

With New Jerusalem about to fall, to ensure the Hive will not subjugate it, an offensive is launched against a previously conquered base once belonging to the Believers. It was only lightly defended, a total victory, in fact, too convenient.

5Nkp26v.jpg

Suddenly Deirdre starts demanding energy, but Lal knows the kind of precedent accepting such a deal will create. The Gaians have been very helpful, too helpful, but they have no right to start asking for hard earned currency.

F6WaqJl.jpg

When Lal offered only 20 energy credits, in a fit of rage, Deirdre cancelled the Pact of Brotherhood. The Gaians abandoned the Allies and would fight, if ever, on their own. Even the common threat of the Hive was not enough in the end to finally unite the rest of the world under a common banner of liberty. This changes everything.

MbMQlnP.jpg

The Ramayana is not an air superiority fighter. It is a strike fighter, and the Hive had superior technology, having already developed organic superlubricant. It made it very clear that beyond New Jerusalem, the challenge of this conflict may increase tenfold. The brave pilots who gave their lives for the cause of freedom, like all who gave their lives for enduring freedom, shall never be forgotten.

4lNnKNN.jpg

New Jerusalem was about to fall, but Miriam was reported to be no longer there, but in the other of the two Believer bases, preparing for a futile last stand. Considering what Yang would do to her, it seemed foolish, and her fate and the fate of her faction were now completely sealed.

Qkl1cIa.jpg

After almost a century of total war, the beginning of the last remnant of intolerance, ignorance and fundamentalism from humanity has fallen, secured by the United Nations. The Lord's Believers will soon fall as well, and now the Peacekeepers and the Human Hive have a direct front line. The final stage of the First Planet War, which may last over a hundred years, has begun, and for each side, the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other. Or should it be so? There are new points to decide, and like usual, Lal likes to hear the opinion of his people, as the ruler of a Democracy should.

1) The Human Hive will rule the skies with their air superiority fighters equipped with Fusion Lasers. Should the Peacekeepers change their focus on Air units or simply wait out until their technology advances a little further to close the gap?

A) Continue with the current strategy. The wings of the UNAF won the war against the Believers, and once the Peacekeepers develop Advanced Spaceflight, their armaments will be unstoppable for decades to come, and air supremacy will be achieved.

B) Build a mighty force of Liberators with the best offensive weapons and armor and AAA tracking, and push forward, no matter the cost in lives.

2) The Gaians inanely decided that 30 energy credits are worth more than their Pact of Brotherhood with the United Nations, and now, the only ally of the Peacekeepers is Morgan Industries. Should the Peacekeepers change their position and simply crush the Hive enough for them to agree to peace without demanding anything, and then, while at peace, switch to a far more lucrative form of economy that will put them in good terms with the Morganites?

A) Yes, this war has dragged on for long enough

B) No, for the sake of all human rights and human liberties, the Hive must be annihilated!

PS: I'm sure someone in the University of Planet wrote a book titled "For I Have Tipped The Fedora"

:M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom